TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

It's cooling off quick here in the northeast the next week will be cold gonna close my pool down earlier than expected 

Sure is. Talked to my Gdaughter @ Villanova and she was “freezing “. Of course she’s cold w anything under 70’. Just like her Gmother.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

First COVID shut our course down for 8 weeks, and now smoke has shut our course down for a week.  
2020_WTF.jpeg.e46ef9232ef5168ebc9095a0b43ff8ec.jpeg

Fitting, very fitting.
Nice job painting!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

If my second daughter wasn't born in 2020 and I wouldn't have been able to work from home and be here for first 6 months of life so far... I would probably be more upset with how this year has gone LOL Gotta focus on the positives!

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Bizarre topic of conversation that ends up getting you shown in an MGS instagram story.....smh

mgs.jpg

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hey, probably unnecessary, but I want to extend a quick apology and explanation to the community. I've been a lot less active for the past couple of weeks than I was for the bulk of the summer, and I want to make sure I don't give anyone the impression I took my test Honma driver and ran.
I'm assigned to USSTRATCOM, and no phones are allow in the building (classified stuff going on) and a lot of websites are firewalled from the work computer, including MGS.  Over the summer i was temporarily assigned to a training course that went 100% online due to COVID, so i got to spend a lot of time at home and was then able to get on the forums a ton.  With no access during the day, I get home to 3 little kids and those "demands" and suddenly I am dead tired and i haven't gotten on here.  
Sorry about that.  I'm still around, still lurking, still posting a little bit, and still loving the community, and I'll step my game up.  My club championship is this Saturday, after which i launch my offseason training plans that I'll document here.
Again, maybe an unnecessary post, but i REALLY don't want to risk the impression that I took a test club and ran.
Oh, and [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] congrats on the Cobra Connect Challenge win...eases the sting of that .1 fantasy "beatdown"!  

Ha! Nothing will ease the sting of that other than a top seed finish and playoff bye!

Life gets busy... I don’t think anyone can fault you for that. As a father of three myself there’s nights where I’m dozing off on the couch almost as soon as they are all asleep!

Enjoy the tourny this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

38 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, probably unnecessary, but I want to extend a quick apology and explanation to the community. I've been a lot less active for the past couple of weeks than I was for the bulk of the summer, and I want to make sure I don't give anyone the impression I took my test Honma driver and ran.

I'm assigned to USSTRATCOM, and no phones are allow in the building (classified stuff going on) and a lot of websites are firewalled from the work computer, including MGS.  Over the summer i was temporarily assigned to a training course that went 100% online due to COVID, so i got to spend a lot of time at home and was then able to get on the forums a ton.  With no access during the day, I get home to 3 little kids and those "demands" and suddenly I am dead tired and i haven't gotten on here.  

Sorry about that.  I'm still around, still lurking, still posting a little bit, and still loving the community, and I'll step my game up.  My club championship is this Saturday, after which i launch my offseason training plans that I'll document here.

Again, maybe an unnecessary post, but i REALLY don't want to risk the impression that I took a test club and ran.

Oh, and @B.Boston congrats on the Cobra Connect Challenge win...eases the sting of that .1 fantasy "beatdown"!  🤣

No worries! 

Thanks for your service and stay safe out there. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Think I’m going to ditch the tech stuff.  Using that swing radar today, I found out that if I swing with my fade swing I am 7mph faster than with normal swing... 
BAD8DC37-2379-4974-BCE0-83297EBBC1B8.gif.d5e78aad17703afffa5b0218c82446ce.gif
This Could get ugly.

DJ moved to hitting a fade off the tee. Maybe you should too!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

DJ moved to hitting a fade off the tee. Maybe you should too! emoji6.png

I used to play fades... then I wanted to get better.  Come to think of it, I haven’t gotten any better and all I do is work on my swing.  Playing fades I just used a few four letter words when I over faded a fade... now I use some PG four letter words, but way more often.

What to do....

21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I used to play fades... then I wanted to get better.  Come to think of it, I haven’t gotten any better and all I do is work on my swing.  Playing fades I just used a few four letter words when I over faded a fade... now I use some PG four letter words, but way more often.

What to do....

Yeah, played a fade for a season too.  The worst was getting paired with a random who thought he was complementing me when he said “man, you’ve really learned how to play that slice.”  Not what you want to hear...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Yeah, played a fade for a season too.  The worst was getting paired with a random who thought he was complementing me when he said “man, you’ve really learned how to play that slice.”  Not what you want to hear...

Oh man. I had a few that leaned toward slice today. Sometimes saying “I over-cut it” just doesn’t apply.

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, if it was good enough for Jack, Lee, Tiger, DJ, Hogan.... 

I thoroughly Enjoy watching a natural draw player try to hit a fade... it’s amazing.  Same for a “slicer” trying time hit a draw.

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I think I’ve hit a point in my life that I need to start restoring a car.  On the hunt for something out of the ordinary.  Some sort of wagon I think. 🤔

Ive always liked the 64 Buick’s...

E6A0898B-EF84-4FF2-9CEB-C1725572657A.jpeg.e9d73a37da1e3feaa6a98edc30c5e185.jpeg

good luck right?

I'm always on the lookout for a 71+ Super Beetle to start working on and maybe turn into a Baja.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have had that same itch.... I think it would be a '64 Rambler for some reason.... I need to make lots of room in the garage before getting started on the hunt.

12102651-1964-amc-rambler-srcset-xxl.jpg.d6ffb5c5a76d7b52f7bebe44bad72aec.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

45 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I think I’ve hit a point in my life that I need to start restoring a car.  On the hunt for something out of the ordinary.  Some sort of wagon I think. 🤔

good luck right?

Ya you need a wagon to fit that clan of yours in it 😂😂

I think I’ve hit a point in my life that I need to start restoring a car.  On the hunt for something out of the ordinary.  Some sort of wagon I think.

good luck right?

What about like old old wagoneer or something?

I once asked my old man if he had the chance to restore something he wanted (because he is a workaholic and always wrenching on something), and he told me he would build an old Chevy II. I am a big fan of the coupe but as it turns out, it was also available in a wagon. How does this suit your eye @Shankster?

wagons_top_five_4

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I have had that same itch.... I think it would be a '64 Rambler for some reason.... I need to make lots of room in the garage before getting started on the hunt.

12102651-1964-amc-rambler-srcset-xxl.jpg.d6ffb5c5a76d7b52f7bebe44bad72aec.jpg

My dad traded in a beat up '56 Pontiac for a '64 Rambler American when I was in high school.  Not my favorite car.  In 1969, the year I graduated college and left home, he traded it in for a Pontiac Grand Prix  Nice car.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

My dad traded in a beat up '56 Pontiac for a '64 Rambler American when I was in high school.  Not my favorite car.  In 1969, the year I graduated college and left home, he traded it in for a Pontiac Grand Prix  Nice car.

With the Rambler, I fondly remember the 3 on the tree and the vacuum driven wipers that would slow waaaay down when at idle and speed up when rpm's increased!  There were probably many issues I wasn't fond of that time has glossed over!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What about like old old wagoneer or something?

I’d do an old Willys, but I want a cruiser.  My grandpa worked for Buick for 35 years.  Had a hand on mostly everything from 50-85.  A little sentimental value.  I’d like a Wildcat, because he was the foreman for that run of cars, touched them all from what he said.

I’d do an old Willys, but I want a cruiser.  My grandpa worked for Buick for 35 years.  Had a hand on mostly everything from 50-85.  A little sentimental value.  I’d like a Wildcat, because he was the foreman for that run of cars, touched them all from what he said.

Well it’s tough to beat a backstory and connection like that!