TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

So my neighbor popped positive for COVID yesterday.  I'm fine and showing no symptoms at all, but because I had contact with him the Air Force still has me on restricted movement (can't leave the house) until the 16th, at which point I get tested and if that comes back negative then I go back to work and life as normal.  Til then, telework, kids staying at home and home schooling, etc.

I've got enough home gym stuff to stick with my Bryson experiment, but we're running out of warm weather here and I had 3 tee times in the next week that are out the window now.

I know in the big COVID scheme there are far more important things than golf, but damn I really was looking forward to playing...  Don't tell me you wouldn't think "what about golf" too!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

14 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So my neighbor popped positive for COVID yesterday.  I'm fine and showing no symptoms at all, but because I had contact with him the Air Force still has me on restricted movement (can't leave the house) until the 16th, at which point I get tested and if that comes back negative then I go back to work and life as normal.  Til then, telework, kids staying at home and home schooling, etc.

I've got enough home gym stuff to stick with my Bryson experiment, but we're running out of warm weather here and I had 3 tee times in the next week that are out the window now.

I know in the big COVID scheme there are far more important things than golf, but damn I really was looking forward to playing...  Don't tell me you wouldn't think "what about golf" too!

Thank you for your service, Godspeed on your swift recovery. You and yours are in my prayers.

Also, looking forward to updates on your Bryson experiment.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Just now, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Thank you for your service, Godspeed on your swift recovery. You and yours are in my prayers.

Also, looking forward to updates on your Bryson experiment.

Thanks.  To be clear, I'm not recovering from anything...I am fine with no symptoms or positive test results.  I'm just required to notify the base medical group of any contact, and they typically get hyper-conservative and require you to isolate and telework for a 14 day period.

Link to my Bryson experiment thread...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40741-getoffmylawns-need-for-speed/

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

19 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So sorry about your neighbor!  Hope it's not too serious.  Stay positive!  Attitude, that is, not the testing!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

So sorry about your neighbor!  Hope it's not too serious.  Stay positive!  Attitude, that is, not the testing!!  

Thanks.  He's actually symptom-free too, but a co-worker of his turned up positive so he had to get checked.

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks.  To be clear, I'm not recovering from anything...I am fine with no symptoms or positive test results.  I'm just required to notify the base medical group of any contact, and they typically get hyper-conservative and require you to isolate and telework for a 14 day period.

Link to my Bryson experiment thread...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40741-getoffmylawns-need-for-speed/

Fair enough... you still got a prayer though haha hopefully everything will be alright for you and your neighbor.

Thanks for the link to the thread.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

45 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yes hope everyone stays well, and as someone with cold weather closing in I feel for the lost tee times, of course the other things are bigger, but we can lament the golf too 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 10/4/2020 at 2:14 PM, dlow206 said:

Does anyone have a solution for seeing the ball when you tee off before sunrise? Don't want to use glow in the dark balls, looking for a better solution.

I have a pair of special blue lens sunglasses that make everything white glow and stand out when looking for a lost ball. They work great. I've never worn them to try to see a ball in flight, but they will help you find your ball on the ground.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

23 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I have a pair of special blue lens sunglasses that make everything white glow and stand out when looking for a lost ball. They work great. I've never worn them to try to see a ball in flight, but they will help you find your ball on the ground.

I might have to check those out.  I can see the ball in flight, but when I get in the cart I forget where it went.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Here we go again.... We’re the blue dot.

E71C2028-4B44-42F5-A816-8AE1596AB3B3.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

E71C2028-4B44-42F5-A816-8AE1596AB3B3.jpeg.244eedd9adc0c10ba63ba5a2ef84dc83.jpeg

Good luck Mookie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

27 minutes ago, PMookie said:

E71C2028-4B44-42F5-A816-8AE1596AB3B3.jpeg

Be safe!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

My wife and I just finished the Netflix Longmire series and really enjoyed it.  Prior to that we watched The Crown and found that series very well written/acted too.  We had started watching Yellowstone after The Crown, but the pilot started out a bit bloody/gory so we started Longmire.  Several have told us to give Yellowstone another try; that it isn't too blood & guts and they really liked it.  Our younger neighbors said to give The Office a try and we did, but it just never clicked for us... probably an age thing.

Anyway, we're in the market for a good drama series and welcome any suggestions.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

45 minutes ago, Rickp said:

At Godwill today, Oldie but goodie.IMG_1500.JPG

My wife has a set just like that in the garage!!    She bought those, along with hybrids, FW and driver before we were married because my buddies and I called her Bam! Bam!  She was still using her PowerBilt persimmon woods and blades from the 1960's.  What a change!!

Just saw this new commercial... LiftMaster hits a homerun 👏 😁.

Just saw this new commercial... LiftMaster hits a homerun  .
[/url]  

Didn’t see that coming

Rick

Left Hand, 

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Didn’t see that comingemoji16.png

Me neither.  Very creative.  With so many advertisements that have me scrambling for the mute button, it's nice seeing one that hits the right balance.

Me neither.  Very creative.  With so many advertisements that have me scrambling for the mute button, it's nice seeing one that hits the right balance.

Your right about commercials, I don’t look at them at all anymore and now that we’re knee deep into political ads I’ve become “commercial deaf”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, artful_golfer said:
On 10/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, artful_golfer said:

IMG_3406.jpg.0e99dba62e60dfe56b516907abd4f373.jpg

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

On 10/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, artful_golfer said:

This sounds like something i need for finding balls in general. I lose too many balls that are not that far off. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

The community where we bought our winter place in Florida has 27 holes. I've always had an aversion to water on the course, maybe I'll overcome it by the time winter is over. IMG_5816.thumb.JPG.eacd41c2a7e55d92cc5237c21b0af1ad.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Great Tony, where did you end up?

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
The community where we bought our winter place in Florida has 27 holes. I've always had an aversion to water on the course, maybe I'll overcome it by the time winter is over. IMG_5816.thumb.JPG.eacd41c2a7e55d92cc5237c21b0af1ad.JPG

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Your right about commercials, I don’t look at them at all anymore and now that we’re knee deep into political ads I’ve become “commercial deaf”.

It's OK guys!  WE are no longer the target audience.

Has anyone checked out the tester thread for the TSi drivers?  I know it’s early, but the amount of “fly-by-night” applicants is really out of control already.  5 pages, and 80-90% it’s one of their first posts.  
Sorting through all that once it’s time to select must be a real pain in the arse.

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Has anyone checked out the tester thread for the TSi drivers?  I know it’s early, but the amount of “fly-by-night” applicants is really out of control already.  5 pages, and 80-90% it’s one of their first posts.  
Sorting through all that once it’s time to select must be a real pain in the arse.

Yeah, seems like it has been like that lately.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, seems like it has been like that lately.

I know some people took issue with it, but I really thought the “Recruit” thing was a good move.  I was one of the “fly-by-nighters” and the Recruit thing made me dive in...once I did I got seriously hooked.

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Foz, we ended up buying in Kings Point , a gated community just west of Sun City Center (just up from 275/75) . It was an exasperating experience. We looked from Taron Springs/Clearwater all the way south to just shy of Venice. The inventory was so slim and moved so fast it was incredible.. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's OK guys!  WE are no longer the target audience.

I wish my Roku remote had a mute button so I can use it for all for all drug and political commercials. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That thread was good for a chuckle this morning. Between the posters who didn't provide any of the relevant info requested, or the ones who are most definitely NOT in areas that are conducive to Nov/Dec golf, I think the mods will have maybe 20 legit responses to consider. 🤣

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game