TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Speaking as someone that hates playing in the cold*, especially windy cold, I would cancel and make the first competition a fun and warm one. Nothing worse than having your hands/fingers lose their feel while trying to play. Bright sun can certainly help but 46* is pretty cold to stay loose and swing freely, especially if the wind chill puts those temps in the 30's.

*I was born and raised in the South so I imagine my blood is just not suited for the cold even though I have been here for 42 years now. 

I know you have had back problems in the past. And I put a lot of stock in what you say. So I wonder what I have to look forward to in cold weather with my back? Or any warm up advice you can give me. Thanks in advance Stu

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Nice work Stu!  Keep it up.  Glad to hear you are getting your strength back.

Yep I pushed myself a little the last 5 sessions plus exercise at home. But I was closely supervised and encouraged. Like my box lift reps I increased from 15 reps to 25 reps. On my side to side reps imagine doing a vertical windmill I went from 25 X2 to 35 x 2. At therapy they had me do it with plastic textile type cones at home I was doing it with half filled water bottles. I go to my Doc the 29th for final exam and I hope they will discharge me. I am not really planning to get back in a truck but ready to assume my retirement enjoyment playing golf. I remember a month ago I was pitiful and had considered giving up Golf but I stuck it out and I am stoked

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep I pushed myself a little the last 5 sessions plus exercise at home. But I was closely supervised and encouraged. Like my box lift reps I increased from 15 reps to 25 reps. On my side to side reps imagine doing a vertical windmill I went from 25 X2 to 35 x 2. At therapy they had me do it with plastic textile type cones at home I was doing it with half filled water bottles. I go to my Doc the 29th for final exam and I hope they will discharge me. I am not really planning to get back in a truck but ready to assume my retirement enjoyment playing golf. I remember a month ago I was pitiful and had considered giving up Golf but I stuck it out and I am stoked

I had a spell of back issues myself, switching to the single plane swing was the best thing for me.  It has taken pretty much all of my back pain away.  A few mornings here and there I’ll wake up and wonder what I did.

Cold weather definitely makes you have to stretch more.  And you’ll have to set a limit for yourself so you don’t re-injure it.  I had to learn this for my shoulder.

28 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I know you have had back problems in the past. And I put a lot of stock in what you say. So I wonder what I have to look forward to in cold weather with my back? Or any warm up advice you can give me. Thanks in advance Stu

... The "back" is a pretty broad description, so my back problem is a degenerative L3 disc. Pieces of my disc broke off and we pressing against my spinal cord. They removed the pieces and 2 years later one more piece broke off and had to be removed. In 1995 surgery was not where it is today and they severed my ligaments to accomplish the surgery so that caused other problems. A herniated disc last fall caused severe pain and they gave me the option of surgery or rehab and I wanted to exhaust all possibilities before another surgery. Took a month to get past the severe pain and the another 2 months for the pin to completely disappear. I admittedly got a little lax with my exersizes playing in Hilton Head and then Orlando accompanied by to much driving from Chicago to HH, then Orlando and back to Chicago. After changing my swing and going through rehab I found exercises that work well for me. I imagine different areas of the back would benefit from different exercizes. But a combination of strengthening and stretching is ideal for golf and your therapist should be able to give you exercises that would be most beneficial for your particular back issues. And of course NEVER play without warming up. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I’d still wait for the 13...

13 = bad juju. Wait for the 14.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’d still wait for the 13... 😁

I played soccer wearing 13 my whole youth, and I met my wife in a Friday the 13th, so 13 is my lucky number. 

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Happy Boss's Day to all the bosses out there!   @Rickp Hope you are doing something for SWMBO.  Of course, it's probably no different than any other day, right?  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I bricked my laptop on Tuesday (work laptop) and have been without a laptop until today. I seriously felt lost without a laptop.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Bought some “golf” pants from target today... I have been missing out on a key piece of clothing... never again will I wear non-stretch cotton... I can do Kung Fu in these things!!

What did you wear before?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Whatever pants I have. Khakis mostly.  Shorts in the summer.

Yeah, actual golf pants are a game changer compared to khakis. 

Updated 07/15/2022

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Bought some “golf” pants from target today... I have been missing out on a key piece of clothing... never again will I wear non-stretch cotton... I can do Kung Fu in these things!!

Did you see yesterday's Poulter pants??  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... The "back" is a pretty broad description, so my back problem is a degenerative L3 disc. Pieces of my disc broke off and we pressing against my spinal cord. They removed the pieces and 2 years later one more piece broke off and had to be removed. In 1995 surgery was not where it is today and they severed my ligaments to accomplish the surgery so that caused other problems. A herniated disc last fall caused severe pain and they gave me the option of surgery or rehab and I wanted to exhaust all possibilities before another surgery. Took a month to get past the severe pain and the another 2 months for the pin to completely disappear. I admittedly got a little lax with my exersizes playing in Hilton Head and then Orlando accompanied by to much driving from Chicago to HH, then Orlando and back to Chicago. After changing my swing and going through rehab I found exercises that work well for me. I imagine different areas of the back would benefit from different exercizes. But a combination of strengthening and stretching is ideal for golf and your therapist should be able to give you exercises that would be most beneficial for your particular back issues. And of course NEVER play without warming up. 

Thanks man and yes they did engineer a plan for my rehab and I finished the last of my 15 3 hour sessions Wednesday. Felt pretty good yesterday and good today. Now I cracked both sides of my L-2 and collapsed the disc.

G

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Did you get the MC Hammer Look?

G

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Did you get the MC Hammer Look?

G

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wait for the Pixel 6XL 😁

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Happy Boss's Day to all the bosses out there!   [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention] Hope you are doing something for SWMBO.  Of course, it's probably no different than any other day, right?  🤣

Rank has its privileges!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

If they have tgem around you, try Marshall's, tjmaxx and Burlington. 

I get Nikes, Adidas, underarmour and at time Callaways, both shorts and pants as well as polos, often for less than 25 bucks each, under Armour has some nice thicker, yet light pants, great for fall golf

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

No, but I did in 2/3rd grade for sure.  Had the side step hair cut and everything.  Flat top... oh yes.  The early 90’s 60's

Fixed it for you.   🤣

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Fixed it for you.   🤣

... Haha, those of that were kids when the Beatles arrived on the scene remember Flat Tops very well. Growing "bangs" caused a huge uproar from the conservatives of the 60's. Seems the country was going down the tubes because we grew our hair a little longer LOL. If they could see the tattoos, hear the gangstah rap and the heads buried in iPhones from affluent suburban kids they would roll over in their graves. 🤣

5 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

And songs like Louie Louie were seditious and worthy of FBI investigation.  

... Amen. I remember when a group of suburban parents burned Beatles records because John Lennon lamented the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.