Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

8 minutes ago, Shankster said:

They aren’t merging us or anything.  Just focusing more on the shipboard stuff.  When the majority of us are on land... 🤷🏼‍♂️

my GAF is broken.  Just bide my time, 6 more years.

Ah yes. They did slot of that. My rate worked on refrigeration, Diesel engines, water purification among others. I worked on a ship that didn’t have diesel....always had a majority diesel questions. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Ah yes. They did slot of that. My rate worked on refrigeration, Diesel engines, water purification among others. I worked on a ship that didn’t have diesel....always had a majority diesel questions. 

Yep.  Good times.  Our Rates are pretty much the same.  We do all that stuff too.  Besides nuclear powered ships and all...

Long day, chipped a couple teeth went to Dentist and found I have a lot more damage so there goes my next set of clubs budget
Going to get everything fixed next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

here’s my bag for tomorrow...

55C2E542-50F3-4CFC-A522-C2FE631C1802.jpeg.7cb2a2fe172195cca3f6ee9c12b9edcc.jpeg

6 clubs and i only own 4 of them 😂😂

the driver is on loan from my coach as we continue to figure out what’s gonna work for me

he also loaned me the fitting/demo 7i from the set that i ordered. we’re working on controlling iron distance and ball flight so he said go out there and use it for everything from 130yds to 200yds. 

i’m actually pretty excited. should be a fun round

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

have fun Chip................................. that is what it really should be about along with working on the itmes you want or need too............ there have been many rounds I have played in my past with specific clubs, just to make myself a more rounded player, capable of using various clubs to execute a wide variety of shots...........

also, saw your post about your irons..................... hope that the do arrive in time for you to get out a least before it gets too cold.................... my friend's were scheduled to arrive today by Fed Ex, but as of 7:15PM EST not delivered, and no info. on the Fed Ex site other than they left CA last weekend............  😟

either way, we do have tee times for Friday and Saturday morning, as the weather here is supposed to be mid 60's to 70 and sunny both days..........  👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

have fun Chip................................. that is what it really should be about along with working on the itmes you want or need too............ there have been many rounds I have played in my past with specific clubs, just to make myself a more rounded player, capable of using various clubs to execute a wide variety of shots...........

also, saw your post about your irons..................... hope that the do arrive in time for you to get out a least before it gets too cold.................... my friend's were scheduled to arrive today by Fed Ex, but as of 7:15PM EST not delivered, and no info. on the Fed Ex site other than they left CA last weekend............  😟

either way, we do have tee times for Friday and Saturday morning, as the weather here is supposed to be mid 60's to 70 and sunny both days..........  👍

thanks man. plus...if i out score the old man with 6 clubs, i’ve got bragging rights all winter. 

bummer about your friend. i signed up for a fedex account and you can get really detailed delivery and tracking info. it really helps to manage your disappointment when a package doesn’t show up. you end up knowing about the delay long before you sit by the door waiting and hoping. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Dang Rob.  Does the cardboard recycling guy know you by First Name? 😂

LOL!

Well half of them stay in my office for the inevitable online sale or trade.  But i do guess our facility guys get a bit tired of breaking them down 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

AH Machinist Mate--- Now when I was in I was cross rated Was first off a Boiler Tech but was damage control PO of a section. They found out I could work on Diesel engines and gave me the EN 3 test. Passed that and ended getting shipped off to work on River Boats. I do know now Boiler Tech and Boiler Repairman are closed or obsolete rates. One guy I served with was a BR ( he was E-6 when I worked for him) Sometime around the mid 90s they closed that rate and he retired a Master Chief. I was keeping up with him on the Together We Served website. He may be gone on now because he was some 15 years older than I and I am 63 now. As you probably know at sea in engineering we all pitched in regardless of rate when the mess hit the fan.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

17 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I still consider myself new to the game, having really started playing in February-March 2017, and you guys have been my golf family since then---so you've gotten to experience some of my growth and frustrations over the past few years.  Most importantly you've been one of my greatest educational sources over those years.

We got to enjoy a great lunch and play yesterday with some guys from our industry (3 of our 4 have played numerous times together, 1 was completely new to the group).  I think it's a good sign when you're the bogey golfer/least experienced in the group and you are the main target for trash talk from the new to the group/scratch player.

Too bad I wasn't a gambling man yesterday.

Your game and ball striking has improved 110% from when I first met you. Your distance off the tee has also drastically increased and you did not even have your front line driver.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

AH Machinist Mate--- Now when I was in I was cross rated Was first off a Boiler Tech but was damage control PO of a section. They found out I could work on Diesel engines and gave me the EN 3 test. Passed that and ended getting shipped off to work on River Boats. I do know now Boiler Tech and Boiler Repairman are closed or obsolete rates. One guy I served with was a BR ( he was E-6 when I worked for him) Sometime around the mid 90s they closed that rate and he retired a Master Chief. I was keeping up with him on the Together We Served website. He may be gone on now because he was some 15 years older than I and I am 63 now. As you probably know at sea in engineering we all pitched in regardless of rate when the mess hit the fan.

Yup those are closed out (BT) I was an engine man and we got cross rated with MM, about a year after I got out so all ENs are now MMs. Same s$!t different toilet as they say.

BT have not heard that referenced in years!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yup those are closed out (BT) I was an engine man and we got cross rated with MM, about a year after I got out so all ENs are now MMs. Same s$!t different toilet as they say.

Funny you say that... I’ll be a BT today.... and probably a EN, probably a MR... and expect to fill out paperwork like a YN, order parts like an SK... then someone will ask me a HM question... maybe some one will also need me to be a EM as well.  Wish I would have went aviation.

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Funny you say that... I’ll be a BT today.... and probably a EN, probably a MR... and expect to fill out paperwork like a YN, order parts like an SK... then someone will ask me a HM question... maybe some one will also need me to be a EM as well.  Wish I would have went aviation.

Even funnier you mention aviation. I wanted to work on those initially but my depth perception (didn’t realize I didn’t have any until I joined) ruled me out......still not sure why it didn’t rule me out of being on a ship but hey.

Engineering......jack of all trades. Still not sure how I ran engineering casualty drills over DC’s but hey 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Even funnier you mention aviation. I wanted to work on those initially but my depth perception (didn’t realize I didn’t have any until I joined) ruled me out......still not sure why it didn’t rule me out of being on a ship but hey.

Engineering......jack of all trades. Still not sure how I ran engineering casualty drills over DC’s but hey 

I hate flying, so... I actually regret not doing college sooner and putting in an OCS package. 

Sitting in the waiting room... waiting. Wife is having surgery on her left hand; carpel tunnel. Maybe it will help her putting!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sitting in the waiting room... waiting. Wife is having surgery on her left hand; carpel tunnel. Maybe it will help her putting!

Hope it goes well and she has a quick recovery.....and then whoops you at golf because if her improved putting.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sitting in the waiting room... waiting. emoji40.png Wife is having surgery on her left hand; carpel tunnel. Maybe it will help her putting! emoji51.png

Procedure only took a few minutes.  Longest time was waiting for the local anesthetic to the effect.

IMG_1318.jpeg.4fe03dfe53088e4463b5635f9657356b.jpeg

As I was waiting there was a sign saying that ankle, knee, hip, and shoulder replacement is now outpatient surgery;  in and out in a day.  Not the way my knee replacement went 6 years ago.  Amazing!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Hope it goes well and she has a quick recovery.....and then whoops you at golf because if her improved putting.

Probably could happen.  She whoops me in the rest of the game!  But then she has been playing since she was 8 years old; I started at age 47.

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

And sometimes they mess up too. I got out in 77. Got recalled in either 80 or 82 for Grenada. The Navy thought the newer boats could not get close to Grenada for some reason or the other. They decided to use the older boats from Nam. Trouble was they had Gray Brand diesel engines. The new guys knew squat about them. The boats were mothballed in Philly and Seattle. I ended up in Philly for 3 months getting some ready then they decided to use the new boats. When I was released we had 6 boats ready to go. Yeah I know Naval Intellegence

G

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Your game and ball striking has improved 110% from when I first met you. Your distance off the tee has also drastically increased and you did not even have your front line driver.

Thanks big fella, that really means a lot!  There's been a little bit of practice through those couple of years and a lot of learning.  Just glad it's making a difference!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

My club's driving range closed early for the day today, so I made a trip to one of the public ranges. Wow, was it crowded. Never seen so many people at a driving range in my life. I guess a lot of people really are taking up golf during Covid. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

My club's driving range closed early for the day today, so I made a trip to one of the public ranges. Wow, was it crowded. Never seen so many people at a driving range in my life. I guess a lot of people really are taking up golf during Covid. 

You’re correct, with all the INDOOR activities closed or limited with C19 it has driven many People to golf. We are swamped in FL with NEW golfers and making Tee Times a bit difficult. The local Golf Shops have told me they are doing great business, setting sales records.
As far as Practice Ranges they are busier than ever. Great for golf , not so good for us.
I’ll be looking for range time Monday w TSI2 and a LM! Need to get some numbers.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Welcome to my muni world.  Our range is always full or so it seems.  People warming up and people with a couple of buckets spending a couple of hours.  

I would say that there are more people playing this year than previous years during the week.  I wouldn't say that they are new people taking up the game, although maybe a few because it's about the only sport that didn't totally shut down.  Most of the people playing during the week are "people working from home", IMO.  

Had a 3rd interview today with a bio-pharm company. Been around a while and could be a potentially great fit. 
super flexible right now at my current job which is great so will be tough to beat if anything I can come to the table with a “I have this offer what can you do for me?”

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

You’re correct, with all the INDOOR activities closed or limited with C19 it has driven many People to golf. We are swamped in FL with NEW golfers and making Tee Times a bit difficult. The local Golf Shops have told me they are doing great business, setting sales records.
As far as Practice Ranges they are busier than ever. Great for golf , not so good for us.
I’ll be looking for range time Monday w TSI2 and a LM! Need to get some numbers.emoji106.png

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to my muni world.  Our range is always full or so it seems.  People warming up and people with a couple of buckets spending a couple of hours.  

I would say that there are more people playing this year than previous years during the week.  I wouldn't say that they are new people taking up the game, although maybe a few because it's about the only sport that didn't totally shut down.  Most of the people playing during the week are "people working from home", IMO.  

I new that there were a lot more people playing golf, but I guess I really haven't run into them until today. Main reason is because I play in one of the first tee time slots on Sunday mornings, so its only the usual suspects at the course.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I’ll be looking for range time Monday w TSI2 and a LM! Need to get some numbers.

Rick

Left Hand,