Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

On 11/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, dlow206 said:

Had one of those rounds where i don't feel good at all about my game, and am feeling discouraged. Add to that, injured myself as well pretty early in the round. 

Listen to your body and take it easy for a while.  Putt around the house and see if you can find some not serious buddies and go enjoy your next round not caring about what you shoot.  When I'm in the dumps golfwise, that generally helps me.

Hope the physical and golf recovery goes swiftly.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 11/15/2020 at 5:27 PM, Shankster said:

I am doing a research paper on Intergenerational Relationships over the next few weeks.

I personally remember having great relationships with older people when I was a kid.  Learning from them, but now, it’s like hey... old man, you are a creep get the heck our of here... 

got any input for me?

So.... are you asking for input from creepy old men, 'cause I think you are in the right place??!!??  😆

I have thought about this a lot the last few months because we have my 90+ yo parents living with us since March.  There is a lot of assisted living type of effort, how that changed the relationship and how drastically different it is now compared to 5 years ago.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

So.... are you asking for input from creepy old men, 'cause I think you are in the right place??!!??  
I have thought about this a lot the last few months because we have my 90+ yo parents living with us since March.  There is a lot of assisted living type of effort, how that changed the relationship and how drastically different it is now compared to 5 years ago.

Someone looking for creepy old guys

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/15/2020 at 5:27 PM, Shankster said:

I am doing a research paper on Intergenerational Relationships over the next few weeks.

I personally remember having great relationships with older people when I was a kid.  Learning from them, but now, it’s like hey... old man, you are a creep get the heck our of here... 

got any input for me?

When I was in my 20's, I worked part time as a doorman at a high rise condo in Tampa.  Many affluent retired people lived there as well as many working people as well.  

There was one man--Mr. Fields--he was a retired lawyer in his 70's at the time, he would come down each evening after dinner to have a cigar.  He would sit in a chair in the lobby very near my station.   Yes, you could still smoke in public places at that time..ha    I didn't mind the cigar smoke at all.  I got to know him pretty well, and soaked up the stories he told me, on everything from Presidents to Babe Ruth and the Yankees of the 20's.   Every evening was the better than any history lessons I received in school.   I moved on from that job, and I've never met anyone like him since.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Someone looking for creepy old guysemoji16.png

There may be a few of us here 🤪

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Got my mega-dose flu shot today.  The Dr. told me that the CDC said that one of the strains in the vaccine is a very good match for the flu showing up on the east coast this year, so the vaccine should be very effective.  In addition, with all of the COVID protocols in effect, the flu death rate should be extremely low this year compared to previous years.  So we got that going for us... which is nice!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got my mega-dose flu shot today.  The Dr. told me that the CDC said that one of the strains in the vaccine is a very good match for the flu showing up on the east coast this year, so the vaccine should be very effective.  In addition, with all of the COVID protocols in effect, the flu death rate should be extremely low this year compared to previous years.  So we got that going for us... which is nice!

We did the flu also.
We are at the start of Hoarding again. SWMBO went to store yesterday no paper products and frozen foods were minimal. The amount of “Seasonal Residents” and renters has been at max for a month. Never saw so many northern states license plates this early.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We did the flu also.
We are at the start of Hoarding again. SWMBO went to store yesterday no paper products and frozen foods were minimal. The amount of “Seasonal Residents” and renters has been at max for a month. Never saw so many northern states license plates this early.

My wife went to Walmart early Monday morning.  TP all gone.  Since we can't visit my dad in Oregon for at least the next month, I quickly sent some to him via Amazon.  They were out on some products already too.

Maybe some of those "Seasonal Residents" are staying there permanently this year??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife went to Walmart early Monday morning.  TP all gone.  Since we can't visit my dad in Oregon for at least the next month, I quickly sent some to him via Amazon.  They were out on some products already too.
Maybe some of those "Seasonal Residents" are staying there permanently this year??

That’s a definite on the Birds, there’re fleeing the North and staying here in FL.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

That’s a definite on the Birds, there’re fleeing the North and staying here in FL.

My good friend who passed away 10 years ago lived in Ohio and bought a patio home on a golf course maybe 25 years ago.  Did the bird thing.  It wasn't long before he changed his permanent residence to Naples for tax purposes, but kept his home in OH for summer.

With golf season over and only doing some consulting work these days I lost my mind and joined a gym. Please resume me from the hell I have created...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

So a few months back I had posted a pic of what was the former 6th green of the course 2 mins from my house that closed 5 years ago. It was an overgrown mess. 

I had noticed some work on the property to start cleaning things up a few weeks ago, it was right around the time I saw an article about concerns over abandoned/neglected properties and fire concerns due to how dry it was. As of today, the whole property is cleaned up, grass is cut, front gates have been removed and there's some traffic in and out. A buddy just heard that the course & the function hall onsite have finally been sold and the new owners are planning on re-opening both, and not using the land for development. Hope we get some real news soon. 

EDIT: Pic can be found in this post - 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My good friend who passed away 10 years ago lived in Ohio and bought a patio home on a golf course maybe 25 years ago.  Did the bird thing.  It wasn't long before he changed his permanent residence to Naples for tax purposes, but kept his home in OH for summer.

We went to Walmart this afternoon. There were some paper products but not much. Parking lot loaded w New York, New Jersey & Michigan. More than usual this time of year.
And to your point Kenny most of the Snowbirds I know have their permanent address as FL for Tax purposes. Some are legit others not so much. I believe must live in FL over 6 months.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I had to run in to Walmart to pick up a couple of things today and noticed most of the carts in the checkout lanes had large size TP and paper towel packages. Let the shortage games begin .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

With the end of the golf season ever looming over the northeast it was time....for the final (maybe 1 more if I get out) cleaning....

151AE447-BE90-4F58-B04C-5D130B7FC23F.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Maybe we can get the Mods to create a Seasonal Resident badge.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

We did the flu also.

Hoarding is very much in full swing again. Wife grabbed a small TP yesterday because we are getting low and needed some but wanted to make sure because it was bare! Canned goods are flying off the shelf too

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Why not

Rick

Left Hand, 

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

With the end of the golf season ever looming over the northeast it was time....for the final (maybe 1 more if I get out) cleaning....

151AE447-BE90-4F58-B04C-5D130B7FC23F.jpeg

Cleaning clubs is such a therapeutic process, I really enjoy getting them looking shiny again. Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze one more round in before winter sets in.

151AE447-BE90-4F58-B04C-5D130B7FC23F.jpeg.a3a5c97004d8714136393fdadbff903e.jpeg

Clean clubs are happy clubs. Just curious why you have different color grips for your wedges. I've seen other guys do this but never asked them.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

my wife and i usually host about 15 family members for thanksgiving. 

we just made the decision to cancel the get together this year. 

our son is 2 and a half months old, and my three grandparents are 85+. it just seemed smarter to cancel. 

there’s always next year, right?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

39 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Cleaning clubs is such a therapeutic process, I really enjoy getting them looking shiny again. Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze one more round in before winter sets in.

I did not do it as much this year but I do enjoy it and they needed it! My wife always asks how I can just sit there for an hour and do it lol....because it’s golf....

24 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Clean clubs are happy clubs. Just curious why you have different color grips for your wedges. I've seen other guys do this but never asked them.

Oh they’re about to be very happy! So I got the SM7s from @B.Boston same style grip MCC4 but I have not regrouped yet they are all only a year of use so far. When I regrip I’ll match them.

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

our son is 2 and a half months old, and my three grandparents are 85+. it just seemed smarter to cancel. 

yea we just decided to not go to my parents. Wife is in the school and my son goes beteeen houses and I am not going a 2 week time period of not seeing him if we tested positive because we did a meal. Couple of family members not direct will be going so is what it is. Sounds like a vaccine is almost ready...I won’t be getting it but everyone else can lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

24 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Sucks... there’s a dude at work that didn’t cancel.  I fully expect him to be out of work for 28 days.  Not saying anything against you or your family.  But the people I work with need to take a look on the mirror, bunch of mistakes lately, costing a lot of time and energy for the people doing the right thing. 

I hope everyone stays healthy this holiday season.  2021 better rock.

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Why notemoji33.png

I think the permanent residents should get lots of breaks ( such as, preferential tee times) over the seasonal residents because they support the community all year.  😃

I think the permanent residents should get lots of breaks ( such as, preferential tee times) over the seasonal residents because they support the community all year.  

Unfortunately it works the other way. Everything is driven by the Dollar.

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sucks... there’s a dude at work that didn’t cancel.  I fully expect him to be out of work for 28 days.  Not saying anything against you or your family.  But the people I work with need to take a look on the mirror, bunch of mistakes lately, costing a lot of time and energy for the people doing the right thing. 

I hope everyone stays healthy this holiday season.  2021 better rock.

we’re trying to do the right thing for our small family and everyone we impact. 

it’s hard to know what the right thing is with no clear instructions coming from people in charge, but at least this is something we can control. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

My daughter decided to join in the cleaning today....my wife has now officially been outnumbered by golf enthusiasts 

14EFCBE2-29AC-447D-8824-7C684A7ECECC.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB: