TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yeah, 5-7 day turn around in the tests in Michigan I guess..?

got tested thursday morning, had the results friday at dinner time

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

got tested thursday morning, had the results friday at dinner time

It’s Michigan... they can’t count or something in that state... 🙃

dad just got a test today... apparently my moms doctor said their whole town most likely has it.  If you haven’t followed Michigan’s cases at all... they absolutely went frogging nuts after Halloween.

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have really got to work on not procrastinating on these weird papers.  I had to write an essay on 7 chapters, but it couldn’t be more than two pages.  It is so choppy and makes no sense... I don’t think I could have done it any better though... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Brings back memories.  Just gotta push through it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have really got to work on not procrastinating on these weird papers.  I had to write an essay on 7 chapters, but it couldn’t be more than two pages.  It is so choppy and makes no sense... I don’t think I could have done it any better though... 🤦🏼‍♂️

I did it all the way through school.  Spent lots of very late nights before papers were due.

Later in my life I was going to join the Procrastinator's Club, but I kept putting it off. 🥴

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

42 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Brings back memories.  Just gotta push through it.

Just finished.  Not even sure what the topic was my brain is fried.  A really confusing 7 chapters that all go about saying the same thing in a round about way... could have summed them all up in one paragraph.

must be my job.  We cut out all the BS, and get right to the point.  No need for a novel when it can be a haiku.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

It’s Michigan... they can’t count or something in that state... 🙃

dad just got a test today... apparently my moms doctor said their whole town most likely has it.  If you haven’t followed Michigan’s cases at all... they absolutely went frogging nuts after Halloween.

We recently met a couple from Lansing, Michigan here in AZ.  They were telling us that, about a month ago, her Mother waited in a line there for testing, finally got tired of the excessive wait, and went home.  A week later she was notified that she had tested positive 😲

Her Mother said she couldn't decide which pissed her off more; having tested positive on a test she did not take or that it took a week to notify her.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

you should try a philosophy style of paper report.  Go on and on and on and on about nothing, and then just restate.  Worked for me in college. 🙂

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

3 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

you should try a philosophy style of paper report.  Go on and on and on and on about nothing, and then just restate.  Worked for me in college. 🙂

That’s exactly what I did.  I told a story in 5 different ways, all with the same ending.  Then the conclusion was a mash up of all of the thing I already said.  None of it made any sense.

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

That’s exactly what I did.  I told a story in 5 different ways, all with the same ending.  Then the conclusion was a mash up of all of the thing I already said.  None of it made any sense.

Sounds like a lot of my posts.....  😳

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

10 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

Have you ever thought about going into politics??  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have you ever thought about going into politics??  

You just beat me to that line!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, artful_golfer said:

I don't think "old man, you are a creep get the heck out of here" is accurate. I have friends from young 20 somethings to 90 somethings. The older folks seem to want and need closer relationships than the younger crowd. I think the older crowd starts feeling left behind and insignificant. Given the chance to talk and asked do something with them becomes very special.

When my dad was 80 years old, for Christmas I gave him a fishing trip once a month for a year. It lasted much longer (until he was 84 and worried about losing his balance and falling off the boat). I don't care about fishing, I don't touch the bait or the fish but I became an expert with using needle nose pliers. I wanted quiet time with my dad to ask him stories about his life growing up and during WWII that he never talked about before. It turned into a special fun time for us with tons of memories. I wrote down the stories and gathered photos to accompany them in a hard bound book I gave him for his 89th birthday.

I had a very good, much older friend (late 80's) who loved to accompany me on out-of-town business day trips. We would always work in a stop and shop time wherever she chose. Along the way she told me many fascinating stories about her past and I didn't have to travel alone.

Before COVID lock down set in, when I would take my service dog with me to my parents assisted living facility, it took me a while to walk to their apartment because everyone in the living and dining room areas would stop me to pet my dog and then want to talk and tell me a memory. Younger people I saw somewhere else might ask to give my dog a quick pat on the head but never more than that.

Fishing hit a note with me....

We didn’t have much money growing-up, six kids, two teacher salaries, and one of them didn’t start working until I went to school (I’m the baby), oldest is 12 years older than me...

So, when I was the last at home for my final two years of HS, my Dad bought a little two-man Coleman boat, with oars. He loved to fish just for the peace-and-quiet. He didn’t care if he caught anything.... He’d always ask me if I wanted to go with him, and find a small lake to paddle around. 99% of the time, I said no... I was always very uncomfortable in that boat, and we never caught anything, which was the reason I would fish....

All of these years later, this is the one thing I would change if I could. I’d have gone fishing with my Dad 50% of the time, at least. I didn’t know then it was just to be around each other, and to enjoy some peace.... Ugh. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We had to have our 15 year old lab put down about 8 years ago and we finally decided it was time for a new pet. My wife was leaning towards a cat. We went to a rescue shelter last night and found this boy....
20201124_230348.jpg.a584c8ee8fe326ae269b48d3882fd654.jpg
He's about 1.5 years old and lost his front paws when he was staying warm in an engine compartment and someone started the engine. He's a snuggly sweetheart and purrs so loud it sounds like a pigeon. His name is Bennett. I decided his full name needed to be Bennett Stumpington.

Great name!! SWMBO has gotten a few kittens from Rescue and it’s a great thing to do. Ours is almost 18 years old.

Rick

Left Hand, 

58 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

We had to have our 15 year old lab put down about 8 years ago and we finally decided it was time for a new pet. My wife was leaning towards a cat. We went to a rescue shelter last night and found this boy....

He's about 1.5 years old and lost his front paws when he was staying warm in an engine compartment and someone started the engine. He's a snuggly sweetheart and purrs so loud it sounds like a pigeon. His name is Bennett. I decided his full name needed to be Bennett Stumpington.

Great name!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Besides the unspoken s work, what do you guys think is the worst shot in golf? Besides missing the ball, i think its either the snap hook or the below:

Push Slice

ball-flight-800x450.jpg

I've been known to hit a few push slices that ended up on someone's rooftop

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Besides the unspoken s work, what do you guys think is the worst shot in golf? Besides missing the ball, i think its either the snap hook or the below:
Push Slice
ball-flight-800x450.jpg
I've been known to hit a few push slices that ended up on someone's rooftop

Oh ya!! I’ve hit my share of rooftops in FL!

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 11/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, russtopherb said:

So a few months back I had posted a pic of what was the former 6th green of the course 2 mins from my house that closed 5 years ago. It was an overgrown mess. 

I had noticed some work on the property to start cleaning things up a few weeks ago, it was right around the time I saw an article about concerns over abandoned/neglected properties and fire concerns due to how dry it was. As of today, the whole property is cleaned up, grass is cut, front gates have been removed and there's some traffic in and out. A buddy just heard that the course & the function hall onsite have finally been sold and the new owners are planning on re-opening both, and not using the land for development. Hope we get some real news soon. 

EDIT: Pic can be found in this post - 

Further updates - my regular playing partner and my father-in-law have both heard that the golf course and function hall have been purchased by a former commercial fishing magnate and should be re-opening next year. The function hall was/is gorgeous and was *the* place to go in town for weddings, reunions, fundraisers, etc. for decades. There's really no other function hall that size within about a 20 mile radius so it's not surprising it's reopening, but I'm really glad to know that the course is re-opening along with it. It's a short but hilly 9-hole track that my son and I can't wait to get back out on. I could walk 9 in 1:15 and for $15 twilight rate it was fantastic.

The property's website is still up and running, you can see some pics of what the course used to look like at http://hawthornecountryclub.net/golf/

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I love the name and am glad you decided to give him a forever home. 

Kids all woke up with sore throats, runny nose, and a cough... no work for me for a while... that means I will have stuff stacked to the ceiling when I get back... wonderful. 

the upside is, I will get to work on that pesky 100 and in range... and should be able to finish all of my college work for the rest of the semester.

Interesting dinner tonight. Had a table of 20 somethings next to me and my family (wife, 14 year old son and my 11 and 9 year old girls). The table was loud and well over served. I am leaving the men’s room and one of the fine young ladies asked me what my issue was with their table. Told her none and she got loud and asked why I complained. Assured her that if I complained it would be directly to them and not to the staff. So it didn’t come from me then watched the nice
young lady fall directly on her @ss trying to get to the restroom.

Fast forward 20 minutes and one of the gentleman at the table confronted my son leaving the restroom and well it didn’t go well for the lad. My son may only be 14 but he is 6’2” and can bench press my car. He is also calm and quite funny. I see him get stopped and go over and ask what is the issue. Without missing a beat my son tells me “I was kindly explaining how wrong it would be to put my right hand through this dude’s man bun.” The guy just walked away and wouldn’t even look at me which means he felt fine picking on a kid and wanted no part of Papa bear. As my wife said, I may not be as good as I once was but I am as good as as was once.

I just hope my son keeps his demeanor and does not get my temper. The sight of him just calmly chewing his toothpick and watching this guy in front of him lose his mind was striking. Asked my son later why he was calm and he said the guy wouldn’t have done a thing to a kid and besides he was wearing his girlfriend’s skinny jeans. Never ends with this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m likin’ your boy. Got a 15 year old Gdaughter, just sayin’

Rick

Left Hand, 

Trimmed up most of the shrubs/flowers in backyard yesterday and did front yard this morning. Have another 5 shrubs to go so I’m done for a while.
Have a 4:20 Tee Time this afternoon w SWMBO.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Trimmed up most of the shrubs/flowers in backyard yesterday and did front yard this morning. Have another 5 shrubs to go so I’m done for a while.

4:20 tee time.....are you playing 3 holes before dark??   I am surprised you need a tee time that close to dark!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4:20 tee time.....are you playing 3 holes before dark??   I am surprised you need a tee time that close to dark!  

Gets too dark to play around 5:40 that’s gives us enough time to just do 9 on the Exec next to us.
I put in the Tee Time as a just in case. Lots of couples jump in when it’s nice like it is today especially w rain and cool for next few days.

Rick

Left Hand, 

At 4:20 won't you run out of daylight? I ride my bike around 4:30 - 4:45 and start running out of light around 5:30

EDIT: oops looks like you already answered my question.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel