TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

That really blows.  The guy definitely has insecurity issues as well as a complete lack if etiquette.   I hope he had the shanks and lost 10 balls that round
As to your question, I welcome the opportunity to play with better players, and am quite aware to not hold things up and to have a good time. Which leads to my only negative experience playing with a bettef player. 

About 15 years ago, the Cleveland rep who i knew pretty well, invited me to play a round at his club along with two sales guys from the biggest golf shop in the DC/MD area.   

They were both sub 5 indexes and the rep was a former D1 player.  I probably shot close to 100. But like I said above kept pace. I like to think anyone on here who has palyed with me would say, I’m pleasant to play with and keep a positive attitude  
After one hole, one of the sales guys said fo me as we were walking to the next tee.  Man, I don’t see how you can enjoy playing golf, playing like you do.  He didn’t really even wait for an answer.  

I guess the rep noticed my slight change in demeanor for a bit, and csme up to me on the next hole and asked if everything was OK.  I didn’t want to make it an issue. 
That round came up a month or so later when we were having lunch one day and he said, we’d have to do it again soon.  I kinda chuckled and said, could he not find an ******* the next time.   He looked puzzled and asked what I meant.  I told him the story.  He was livid and wished I had said something at the time.  He said he would have cslled the GM and had the guy driven off the course.  Said, he’d never get an invite or fsvor from him again.   He felt really bad. But he had no need to, he and the other sales guy couldn’t have been nicer that day. 

Occasionally we all run into those Aholes. I have a couple similar stories. For a few years I was the guy a company in CT called to play when they had PIA customer. They felt I had the demeanor to play with anyone and keep things cool. Didn’t know that was going on until the CEO told me at lunch one day. I sure was surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

Gee, if I had his attitude I’d never play at all!  Just about everyone is better than me.  Makes me no difference, I love hitting that ball, and it’s replacement 🤣

Better than me?  Great, I’ll be watching you like a hawk.  Demeanor, course management, etc.

@Golfspy_CG2 i was playing a round back in september at a public course that used to be a private club. 

i got paired up with a nice old dude (mid to late 70s?) who was a member at the club when it was private. 

we enjoyed a nice enough round, him playing from the senior tees and me from the tips. 

i fought my driver all day, and scrambled my way to a normal mid-90s round. he chipped his way around the course and probably came in 8 strokes behind me. 

we walk off the 18th green (par 5, i got home in 2, missed an eagle putt and birdied) and he goes “nice playing with you today. can i give you some advice? don’t play from the tips. you’re not good enough for that. you’ll enjoy the course a lot more from the white tees”

some people really can’t help themselves

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. So around 1:00 I headed over to the golf course to play 18 and get some mileage on the Gamer balls I'm testing. I get to the course and see someone that I played with before in the parking lot. I waited a minute for him to get ready. We walked back to the pro shop and cart area chit chatting about life on the way. The parking lot was packed but it was also 65 degrees so I guess everyone had the bug. We get to the carts and there is only one left. He puts his bag on the cart and said that he couldn't play with me because I was too good and he didn't want to feel worse about his game. So I said to him it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130. As long as you are having a good time who cares. Then he said "well it matters to me." He then drove off to the first tee. So now I'm standing there with no cart and a cart bag not good for walking with a back not made for carrying golf bags especially a single strap bag.  So now disappointed and dumbfounded, I went over to the practice area to do some ball testing instead of playing 18 with the Gamer.  

But you wait for a guy and then he takes the last cart and leaves you standing there full well knowing it was the last cart and you waited for him. The golf pro even said it was the last cart. But I just don't get it. He is a nice guy, we talk weekly. I'm usually leaving the course and he is getting there. So we talk in the parking lot a bit or in passing along the way.  

So this has been bothering me since yesterday. I don't know how I should take it. I'm mad that I waited. Because I would have got to the cart first and would have invited him to play with me even if there were plenty of carts. I also feel bad that he feels that he is not good enough to play with me and it would bother him. We did play together once and that was when he saw how I played. 

So I'm posing this question. Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

That’s odd .. maybe the guy just wanted to play by himself but in that situation I would just be like whatever and play with you, next just wave hi or give him the nod and just don’t wait for him  ... but to answer your question no I will play with anyone doesn’t matter the handicap .. during the summer I was a single that walked a lot so I was always getting paired with people and this one guy who was a member was really good on the par 5s he was on in two almost every time but I held my own he was giving me tips on the course it was a great time.. but don’t let it get you mad bc that dude was a weirdo

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

54 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That really blows.  The guy definitely has insecurity issues as well as a complete lack if etiquette.   I hope he had the shanks and lost 10 balls that round 😬

As to your question, I welcome the opportunity to play with better players, and am quite aware to not hold things up and to have a good time. Which leads to my only negative experience playing with a bettef player. 

About 15 years ago, the Cleveland rep who i knew pretty well, invited me to play a round at his club along with two sales guys from the biggest golf shop in the DC/MD area.   

They were both sub 5 indexes and the rep was a former D1 player.  I probably shot close to 100. But like I said above kept pace. I like to think anyone on here who has palyed with me would say, I’m pleasant to play with and keep a positive attitude  

After one hole, one of the sales guys said fo me as we were walking to the next tee.  Man, I don’t see how you can enjoy playing golf, playing like you do.  He didn’t really even wait for an answer.  

I guess the rep noticed my slight change in demeanor for a bit, and csme up to me on the next hole and asked if everything was OK.  I didn’t want to make it an issue. 

That round came up a month or so later when we were having lunch one day and he said, we’d have to do it again soon.  I kinda chuckled and said, could he not find an ******* the next time.   He looked puzzled and asked what I meant.  I told him the story.  He was livid and wished I had said something at the time.  He said he would have cslled the GM and had the guy driven off the course.  Said, he’d never get an invite or fsvor from him again.   He felt really bad. But he had no need to, he and the other sales guy couldn’t have been nicer that day. 

I played with a guy like that I never understood why anyone would care about another guys golf game .. like I’ve mention before one of my buddies who I always play with was a scratch golfer but now with kids is like 5-8 handi and we would have a blast playing no matter if i shot 100 or whatever ..some people can just be Assholes 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. So around 1:00 I headed over to the golf course to play 18 and get some mileage on the Gamer balls I'm testing. I get to the course and see someone that I played with before in the parking lot. I waited a minute for him to get ready. We walked back to the pro shop and cart area chit chatting about life on the way. The parking lot was packed but it was also 65 degrees so I guess everyone had the bug. We get to the carts and there is only one left. He puts his bag on the cart and said that he couldn't play with me because I was too good and he didn't want to feel worse about his game. So I said to him it doesn't matter if you shoot par or 130. As long as you are having a good time who cares. Then he said "well it matters to me." He then drove off to the first tee. So now I'm standing there with no cart and a cart bag not good for walking with a back not made for carrying golf bags especially a single strap bag.  So now disappointed and dumbfounded, I went over to the practice area to do some ball testing instead of playing 18 with the Gamer.  

But you wait for a guy and then he takes the last cart and leaves you standing there full well knowing it was the last cart and you waited for him. The golf pro even said it was the last cart. But I just don't get it. He is a nice guy, we talk weekly. I'm usually leaving the course and he is getting there. So we talk in the parking lot a bit or in passing along the way.  

So this has been bothering me since yesterday. I don't know how I should take it. I'm mad that I waited. Because I would have got to the cart first and would have invited him to play with me even if there were plenty of carts. I also feel bad that he feels that he is not good enough to play with me and it would bother him. We did play together once and that was when he saw how I played. 

So I'm posing this question. Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players? (for those that are lower handicaps you can go from memory to when you were a high handicap)

Hi handicapper in chief here. 

I used to be very scared of playing with better players, until I played a city championship were I played with a low single digit as part of my foursome, I was very conscious of slowing him down, but he was cool about my extra shots and I even picked up a thing or two that I use today. 

We all have our problems and hard days, still he should have offered you the cart, as you were there first Tom. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

16 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Is anyone else intimidated playing with better players?

I love playing with better players for the same reason as @fozcycle said. That guy sounds like a bit of a richard.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

@Golfspy_CG2 i was playing a round back in september at a public course that used to be a private club. 

i got paired up with a nice old dude (mid to late 70s?) who was a member at the club when it was private. 

we enjoyed a nice enough round, him playing from the senior tees and me from the tips. 

i fought my driver all day, and scrambled my way to a normal mid-90s round. he chipped his way around the course and probably came in 8 strokes behind me. 

we walk off the 18th green (par 5, i got home in 2, missed an eagle putt and birdied) and he goes “nice playing with you today. can i give you some advice? don’t play from the tips. you’re not good enough for that. you’ll enjoy the course a lot more from the white tees”

I hope I don't offend you but as a 22 isn't there some truth to what he said? The reason I ask is because my level of enjoyment of the game grew leaps and bounds once I gave in and moved up a set of tees. I should have done it a couple of years sooner but I just couldn't let myself do it. Again. hope you don't take offence. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Richard Noggin 

Took me a minute to realize what you said. Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

not quite, for a few reasons. 

first, i’d never offer completely unsolicited advice to a stranger. especially when that advice comes in the form of “you’re not very good” and doubly especially when the guy giving the advice just carded a 105. 

second, my level of enjoyment is my own concern and it’s not for anyone else to dictate. who is he (or anyone else) to say that i wasn’t enjoying myself just fine 

third, i’ve been working on my game off the tee all season. this particular course is only about 6700 from the tips. from the forward tees i wouldn’t be pulling driver on most holes. that would defeat the purpose of being out there working. 

no offense taken 

Cool! Your reasoning makes complete sense to me. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

2 minutes ago, braincramp said:

Cool! Your reasoning makes complete sense to me. 

on a longer, difficult course, i move up a set. there’s no ego here. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

12 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

not quite, for a few reasons. 

first, i’d never offer completely unsolicited advice to a stranger. especially when that advice comes in the form of “you’re not very good” and doubly especially when the guy giving the advice just carded a 105. 

second, my level of enjoyment is my own concern and it’s not for anyone else to dictate. who is he (or anyone else) to say that i wasn’t enjoying myself just fine 

third, i’ve been working on my game off the tee all season. this particular course is only about 6700 from the tips. from the forward tees i wouldn’t be pulling driver on most holes. that would defeat the purpose of being out there working. 

no offense taken 

I was going to say there is no reason to still not have fun hitting from the tips even if the handicap doesn’t dictate that. Putting away a potential 300+ yard driver on virtually every hole for you wouldn’t be fun

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a weird and disappointing thing that happened to me yesterday. ......

The only real lousy part is him taking the last cart and stiffing you.  The way he or anyone else feels about the talent level of who they play with isn't something I'd put any effort into trying to figuring out.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Speaking of next fairway over.. I just checked my arccos stats... had a drive of 65 yards left of center and 60 yards right of center.... 125 yard dispersion is absolutely terrible... not counting the outliers it has me at 22 yards from center on average... I can see where I need to focus my game. 

Every fall there is a group from school that gets together for a couple days of golf in OCMD.  There is a guy in that group who might be the worst golfer among us (like 115 average score) that is famous for offering all kinds of advice from swing tips to course strategy to green reading.  His most famous green reading comment from a couple decades ago that is still lives on was noting very seriously that the putt would break toward the water.....while we were on an island green!   🤣   We have since determined he is actually a genius since he couldn't be wrong by making that comment!   Another was him complaining about a course not having very good markers for yardages into greens....while lining up a shot from two fairways over after a 100 yard slice on his tee shot.   
We are all way past the point of being annoyed by it and use it as a source of amusement.  It actually has made me look at all unsolicited advice from a humorous perspective and it doesn't bother me any more.

I’m pretty sure I’ve played w the 115 handicap guy
He is right about the Island Green, pure genius. A Classic

Rick

Left Hand, 

[mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention] i was playing a round back in september at a public course that used to be a private club. 

That’s funny, at least he didn’t start chirping at the turn

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

That is about the best Sunday golf sermon I have heard Big Stu full of honesty, humility and a good dose of makes sense! The huge difference (and I mentioned this recently in the last couple days) is that pesky thing that snags us as adolescents and doesn't let go until a huge amount of maturity kicks us in the rear.  Ego. 

Love the image of swinging easy and catching up to your older couple and joining for an enjoyable end of the 9 holes with an après golf wind-down afterward.  Starting my game at 50 and going to be 60 when my next round is possible I have had many of these venerable golfers imparting their wisdom, eager to do so while they have someone to pass along (in many cases) a lifetime of learning with failures and successes.

My game became instantly more enjoyable when I stopped listening to the ego guys about hitting from the tips.  I always say now when with new players before we get to the first tee that I play ready golf and they aren't to wait to see whose turn it is because I will hit from the golds or whatever color the senior tees are, because they are there and they are put where my drives will be in play (yes positive thinking) and will give me a chance at par.

One day I would like to play 9 with you sharing ideas and insights, 18 if necessary but if it is a full 18 then having a good lunch at the turn would really make a great day out. 

Come on down we will have a blast. Maybe when this covid crap gets over I will be healed enough to play decent. Give you another good story. About 15 years ago I mentored this young kid who worked the cart barn at my then home course. Helped him pass his PAT for his Class A card. We played a lot of golf over the years. Well I got older and one day he suggested I move up to the white tees I was 53 at the time. I did and started enjoying golf again. When I turned 60 it was a no brainer for me to move to the Senior tees. Yep I had let my ego get into the way. And to be honest I am fighting ego now because I am some 35 yards shorter than I was in April before my accident. I have to keep reminding myself but I do ok playing my ball because I have always been a scrambler. Just do not need at this point playing the scrambles and trying to reach out and touch someone

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Took me a minute to realize what you said. Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet 😂

I know old buddy I have to have the coffee jumpstart myself

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Coffee is a much better drink on course, save the other as tonic for beginning the cool down 🍻923303098_2020112112thgreen(2).jpg.e9b280f614f4910014f7c3b365681da3.jpg

I can't drink coffee or anything with caffeine before or during play; my ball striking is not good anyway and caffeine makes it worse.  On the other hand, BV/7up at the turn is quite helpful if I'm having a bad day!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Coffee is a much better drink on course, save the other as tonic for beginning the cool down 🍻923303098_2020112112thgreen(2).jpg.e9b280f614f4910014f7c3b365681da3.jpg

One of the things I relish every morning coffee. One of my favorite things in good weather sitting on the patio at my club cup of Folgers in had with a cigar watching the sun rise looking over the lake looking at out 18th green and 10th hole. People pay good money for views like that. Yep If you ever get down here we will do that too and your coffee cup will fit in just fine. Raining here this morning which I knew was going to happen yesterday without looking at any weather reports. My back was raising hell all day and is hurting to beat the band this morning. Of course I am in my Lazy Boy with the heat and massage going WFO and of course a cup of Folgers on my side table. No cigar my wife does not like them in the house

G

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I can't drink coffee or anything with caffeine before or during play; my ball striking is not good anyway and caffeine makes it worse.  On the other hand, BV/7up at the turn is quite helpful if I'm having a bad day!

Well even before I was hurt I was starting to get the dreaded Mr. Arthur---- My SOP before warm up is at least 2 cups with 5 Ibuprofen. My infamous statement which my scramble partners love---- Stuey you ready? I reply yep 2 cups of coffee 5 Iveys ( what we call ibuprofen) and my swing feels like a cheap folding lawn chair yep I am ready. Caffene does not give me the shakes at all. Actually will get them if I do not have any coffee

G

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I have always preferred the dawn, even before the DIs were waking us up gently with a garbage can banging the lid. Back to serene thoughts... don't mind a cigar nearby nice smelling and keeps away biting critters that fly. 

Nothing like watching the day starting while most things and people are asleep, seeing the world wake up again and putting the first footsteps, wheel tracks, and ball trails on the course.  The steam rising off the water surface as peaceful as state of mind, only interrupted by the crack of a well hit golf ball.

Raising my mug to your good health returning as soon as possible ☕

I learned early mornings at a early age. My folks ran a daily fee muni type of course. I always had work to do. Even in the winter my old man raised bird dogs and they had to be taken care of and I had rabbit boxes. Me and the guy over the hill joked we did more work before school than most kids did in a week. His folks ran a dairy farm. Later on I cut greens and fairways. And when I say cut greens it was with a powered walk mower but our greens were small. In the summer I was off around 9 or so after I had gotten the carts out for play. But in the summer I went late to wash and put them up and on charge. When I was around 15 or so I took over the driving range which was down the hill and an all together separate faculity . Had to pick and wash balls and keep all the grass cut. Sometimes those were 15 hour days. I remember my first day in Navy Boot Camp I was up at 4 AM. The company commander ( DI to you Army and Marine guys) he asked WTH? I told him it was SOP for me I was raised to work. He muttered Ok great carry on. The last company I trucked for I could do as I darn well pleased as long as I got my weekly load requirements in. I always left the yard at 4AM. It is still referred to even today as "Stu Time". When I semi retired the 1st of April I only worked 2 days a week or 20 hours so only did 2 loads a week compared to 10. I remember my boss told me well you do not have to do Stu Time any more. I told him contrary i am up any how and might as well be trucking as to sitting on my a$$ at home or in the Waffle House. Besides I could get done and be back on the beach by 9:30. The morning I got hurt I got hurt about 7 or so. I remember right before they put me in the Cat scan I had them hand me my phone to cancel my 11:00 tee time. LOL those folks at the hospital looked at me like I had Lobsters growing out of my ears. But I am still a early riser even though I am retired some habits are hard to break. But I will admit since it is raining and no golf I may take a nap 

G

I have a lingering cough, from my C19 two weeks ago. Noticed yesterday that I am having shortness of breath issues as well. Sent an email to my Dr to see if there is anything I can do to get rid of this.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

I have a lingering cough, from my C19 two weeks ago. Noticed yesterday that I am having shortness of breath issues as well. Sent an email to my Dr to see if there is anything I can do to get rid of this.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My dad's 70 and he is still on oxygen every night after his run in with it back at the beginning of the year. Not something to mess around with. Hope your doc has something that'll help you out. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game