TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

First day back to work since before thanksgiving... wow.  What a stack of junk to take care of... 😳

Don't fall for it.  One of my sage executive managers once told me that they look for guys (gals) that can efficiently empty the incoming box - and the faster you empty the faster they refill. Of course he told me this during a performance review, just before he retired, and after stuffing my inbox on a regular basis 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

When it comes to groups that involve kids and parent volunteers to help run things, why is it that the parents who do the absolute least amount of work are the ones who complain the most and never have a clue about what's going on? Even when they've been involved for *years*? It baffles me.

Actually Rusty that goes for any organization whether it is in Church , a volunteer fire department or a car club.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 12/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, ejgaudette said:

That is a cool souvenir. As for the kit it seems crazy now but how many people did buy it for their kids. It was put in everything back when radioactive elements were first discovered, even toothpaste

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12732/9-ways-people-used-radium-we-understood-risks

When I was in grad school, I worked at our research reactor and gave tours on occasion. In order to illustrate that we are constantly surrounded by radioactivity we would test Coleman lantern mantles (contain thorium to increase brightness), which would make the monitors alarm. Ironically, because of NRC regulations, that simple lantern mantle could never leave the building even though you could buy one at Walmart.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Great; you just ruined Everybody Loves Raymond for me...

What about Archie Bunker

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

When I was in grad school, I worked at our research reactor and gave tours on occasion. In order to illustrate that we are constantly surrounded by radioactivity we would test Coleman lantern mantles (contain thorium to increase brightness), which would make the monitors alarm. Ironically, because of NRC regulations, that simple lantern mantle could never leave the building even though you could buy one at Walmart.

Yeah the list of radioactive things is long

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

After I graduated in nuclear chemistry in 1969 and before I moved here to the Hanford Nuclear Site in 1970, I stayed on in school at the research reactor to work with the rocks brought back from the moon... because who could pass up on that opportunity!!  😃

"So, now I have a googlephonic stereo with a moon-rock needle. It sounds okay in my car, but I wouldn't want it in my house." 
    -- Steve Martin

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

My favorite was the demonstration of the Geiger Counter to the NY State Senate Chambers at the State Capitol in the late 70s during the Three Mile Island incident.  As soon as it was turned on it sounded like a popcorn popper on overdrive, being it was in a building made of granite, confused all the news folks who couldn't understand how (1) it wasn't malfunctioning and (2) how the building could be so radioactive and nobody had warned the public. 🤣 I was a high school student and just about died laughing at their stupidity...

That is a good one, being from NH gotta love the radioactive granite. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

5 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I can remember when I was on the County Haz-Mat team we had those counters made in the 60s for Civil Defense. I took one home one night and showed the wife. It went wild when you got near the color TV screen. I think after I left and moved here they got more modern ones

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

My favorite was the demonstration of the Geiger Counter to the NY State Senate Chambers at the State Capitol in the late 70s during the Three Mile Island incident.  As soon as it was turned on it sounded like a popcorn popper on overdrive, being it was in a building made of granite, confused all the news folks who couldn't understand how (1) it wasn't malfunctioning and (2) how the building could be so radioactive and nobody had warned the public. 🤣 I was a high school student and just about died laughing at their stupidity...

LOL yep they did not know the difference between Alpha Beta or Gamma waves. Believe it or not you have to watch this stuff in the scrap metal industry. All of the mills have radiation detection equipment located at their scales going in. Nucor Steel is really really strict on that sort of thing . We never had any loads rejected but I have seen them reject loads because they set the alarms off

Edited by BIG STU

G

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

What about Archie Bunkeremoji33.png

Oh when Glenn Miller Played

Songs that made the hit parade

Gee our old Lasalle ran great

Those were the days

Or something like that

G

Oh when Glenn Miller Played
Songs that made the hit parade
Gee our old Lasalle ran great
Those were the days
Or something like that

Close enough!

Rick

Left Hand, 

What about Archie Bunker

Careful - you dating yourself with the young ones on this site.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

While we're in Ohio quarantined so we can see our new grandson on Christmas, I took the opportunity to walk our course for exercise. I saw that they're draining one of the water hazards and are going to fill it in. There have got to be thousands of golf balls lying in the mud! This is just a small sample. IMG_6095.thumb.JPG.5fa346328f17c2bd0dad9878e827b7da.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Careful - you dating yourself with the young ones on this site.

They have no clue who Archie is.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A great TV show that couldn't be made today.

I also watch the series show "In the Heat of the Night " with Carrol O Connor---- WGN in Chicago does not cut it either which sometimes I wonder these days and times how they get away with it. And often on that show you will see the Old Archie come out too

G

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

While we're in Ohio quarantined so we can see our new grandson on Christmas, I took the opportunity to walk our course for exercise. I saw that they're draining one of the water hazards and are going to fill it in. There have got to be thousands of golf balls lying in the mud! This is just a small sample. IMG_6095.thumb.JPG.5fa346328f17c2bd0dad9878e827b7da.JPG

You can bet the farm if that was the case down here some old fart retiree would be in the mud in his waders sunk up to his chest with ball retrever and pillowcase in hand. Covid restrictions be dammed

G

You can bet the farm if that was the case down here some old fart retiree would be in the mud in his waders sunk up to his chest with ball retrever and pillowcase in hand. Covid restrictions be dammed

The Ole Farts here go after them.
One evening an old couple had their grandchildren rounding up balls in a pond.....ummm gators and snakes, no problem, get that Pro V

Rick

Left Hand, 

22 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Of course I know in your profession after a while most first Responders get cynical

I was born cynical...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A great TV show that couldn't be made today.

Much like the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts.  Those were a belly buster.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Wow!  Just saw this... happened a few weeks ago.  I played this course 5 years ago with some MGS'ers.  Nice course!

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/11/23/haggin-oaks-golf-course-vandalism/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Wow!  Just saw this... happened a few weeks ago.  I played this course 5 years ago with some MGS'ers.  Nice course!

Wow.

Some people are just real a-holes.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 12/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, dlow206 said:

The second "home" is more like a small condo. Will be more like Spirit airlines 😂

If your looking for a place in Vegas, i just heard of this new sustainable living tower they are erecting...

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/16/this-new-las-vegas-tower-is-being-described-as-banana-shaped-what-do-you-think/

I'll see myself out LOL

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

That’s serious anger issues.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Same thing happened here about 10 years ago but it was kids with ATV's extensively damaging 4 greens & traps on the back corner of the course.  It looked like they were using the traps as a jump and landing on the green as well as doing donuts.

A couple years back at another nearby course an Amish farmer had his mules get out one night and they did some surprising damage to one green. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

If your looking for a place in Vegas, i just heard of this new sustainable living tower they are erecting...

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/16/this-new-las-vegas-tower-is-being-described-as-banana-shaped-what-do-you-think/

I'll see myself out LOL

That building will be a ball of fun to erect 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

That building will be a ball of fun to erect 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Idk, I am not an architect or anything, but I think it would be pretty hard

Rimshot (Ba Dum Tss) | Know Your Meme

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Guess this is as good a thread as any to park this...MERRY CHRISTMAS Spies!
IMG_5194.jpg.a535a773874caae88b5952892ab764e7.jpg
InkedIMG_5195_LI.jpg.bc5fca87069e34d1c95e8f061cb0de44.jpg
(Forgive me for the white-out...home address on the internet didn't feel smart, even among this highly esteemed group...)
On the front are my kids (left to right) Clark, Vivian and Grant.  On the back is me, same kids, and my wife Leigh, and (in the picture on the right) are my two daughters Jolie and Taylor who live with their Mom in Tennessee.  Oh, and I tend to go nuts with the lights as you can maybe make out via the middle picture, but not totally nuts...I call it Classy Griswold.
Hope you all have a great holiday season.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Rick

Left Hand,