Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

19 hours ago, Rickp said:

Time to enjoy yourself, and stay off ladders.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The idiots at therapy wanted me to do an exercise climbing a ladder--- Now they had a report from my Back Doc saying I was NOT to climb ladders. My regular Doc ( who is a golf bud too) told me to stay off of ladders too. Well the brain trusts at therapy wanted to argue. Called my regular Doc's office and he faxed them a letter plus called them on the phone NO LADDERS FOR STU.  I did call my claims adjuster and she was surprised they asked me to do that since they have copies of my notes from the Back Doc. Goes to show people do not pay attention. They left my file out one day at therapy and I wrote on it in red sharpie NO Climbing Ladders!!!!---- One of the smart alecks said something and I told her well I am calling my lawyer then the insurance company. When I did my eval a couple of weeks back it was still on the folder and the Eval Tech asked me and I told him the story. He said Geez and he was going to investigate further since he is a supervisor too.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The idiots at therapy wanted me to do an exercise climbing a ladder--- Now they had a report from my Back Doc saying I was NOT to climb ladders. My regular Doc ( who is a golf bud too) told me to stay off of ladders too. Well the brain trusts at therapy wanted to argue. Called my regular Doc's office and he faxed them a letter plus called them on the phone NO LADDERS FOR STU.  I did call my claims adjuster and she was surprised they asked me to do that since they have copies of my notes from the Back Doc. Goes to show people do not pay attention. They left my file out one day at therapy and I wrote on it in red sharpie NO Climbing Ladders!!!!---- One of the smart alecks said something and I told her well I am calling my lawyer then the insurance company. When I did my eval a couple of weeks back it was still on the folder and the Eval Tech asked me and I told him the story. He said Geez and he was going to investigate further since he is a supervisor too.

Gotta stand up for yourself!! Great job with the Sharpie
We are at the age where we say how we feel.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Gotta stand up for yourself!! Great job with the Sharpie emoji12.png
We are at the age where we say how we feel.

Thanks Man I have always said what I thought no holds barred. Kinda got into semi hot water at Church the other week where I run sound. We do Facebook Live. That is a separate operation. The sound comes out of my board to the computer and that is on those guys end. Well some of the know it alls criticized me on FB said there was not much volume she could not hear. I explained what went on but she kept on me. Finally I told her if she wanted to hear better then maybe she get off her Fat Francis and attend church or turn her hearing aid up. Also told her if she thought she could do better she could have my job I would stay at home and listen to Jimmy Swaggart. Of course a lot of the members stood up for me. The Pastor tongue in cheek laughing talked to me. Said he would have a talk with her. One of the members did point out on FB the fact with a broken back I climbed the 20 steps to the balcony and 6 more to the booth. I kinda had some remorse thinking she may have been disabled or something. One of the members told me in person she had no disability that she was too lazy to get up dress and come to church in person. I darn near quit over the whole deal because I do not get paid one red hot cent for doing that job. But on the bright side when I was first hurt it took me 20 minutes to get to my perch now only takes 5 minutes or so and it gets less painful each week. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 1/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, Rickp said:

A couple of us were in the office manning the servers and nothing happened, almost disappointed emoji12.png

We had a party up at the race car shop that night with a bon fire and all----- Now not all of us were consuming alcohol because we were Volunteer Firemen and you know New years Eve drunks and accidents. What really stuck out was the fact it was the ONLY New Years Eve as a firefighter first responder I did not run a accident call. In fact no calls in the whole county that night.

G

Thanks Man I have always said what I thought no holds barred. Kinda got into semi hot water at Church the other week where I run sound. We do Facebook Live. That is a separate operation. The sound comes out of my board to the computer and that is on those guys end. Well some of the know it alls criticized me on FB said there was not much volume she could not hear. I explained what went on but she kept on me. Finally I told her if she wanted to hear better then maybe she get off her Fat Francis and attend church or turn her hearing aid up. Also told her if she thought she could do better she could have my job I would stay at home and listen to Jimmy Swaggart. Of course a lot of the members stood up for me. The Pastor tongue in cheek laughing talked to me. Said he would have a talk with her. One of the members did point out on FB the fact with a broken back I climbed the 20 steps to the balcony and 6 more to the booth. I kinda had some remorse thinking she may have been disabled or something. One of the members told me in person she had no disability that she was too lazy to get up dress and come to church in person. I darn near quit over the whole deal because I do not get paid one red hot cent for doing that job. But on the bright side when I was first hurt it took me 20 minutes to get to my perch now only takes 5 minutes or so and it gets less painful each week. 

It’s amazing how much complaining people do when you’re volunteering. I walked away from a volunteer gig I was doing because of a few whiners, project fell apart short time later because nobody wanted to do all the work.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 1/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, Rickp said:

Time to enjoy yourself, and stay off ladders.

Speaking of ladders...  

We have an atomic clock mounted on the wall above the doorway from kitchen to living room.  

IMG_1349.jpeg.7b4681fdca508cdaf3935196e0c2956a.jpeg

It keeps perfect time with the clock in Boulder, CO.  Well, it did until yesterday.  For some reason the time "jumped" 4 hours backward; maybe 8 hours forward, IDK.  It's still keeping perfect time other than that.  Time to get the ladder!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

It’s amazing how much complaining people do when you’re volunteering. I walked away from a volunteer gig I was doing because of a few whiners, project fell apart short time later because nobody wanted to do all the work.

Having been involved on the board for our town's school music association for the past 5 years, you have my whole hearted agreement on that one. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Having been involved on the board for our town's school music association for the past 5 years, you have my whole hearted agreement on that one. 

Many years ago I was on the Board of Directors at our Club. I would get calls at night, people complaining about menu selections or women complaining about the quality of toilet paper in the ladies room.  And we had an active Club Manager. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if it was all volunteer. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Speaking of ladders...  

We have an atomic clock mounted on the wall above the doorway from kitchen to living room.  

IMG_1349.jpeg.7b4681fdca508cdaf3935196e0c2956a.jpeg

It keeps perfect time with the clock in Boulder, CO.  Well, it did until yesterday.  For some reason the time "jumped" 4 hours backward; maybe 8 hours forward, IDK.  It's still keeping perfect time other than that.  Time to get the ladder!!

Maybe it remembered what 2020 was like and then decided to skip 2021 and jump to 2022. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Maybe it remember what 2020 was like and then decided to skip 2021 and jump to 2022. 

That actually makes sense

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went into the local Dicks this weekend, killing time while wife and Daughter were in Hobby Lobby. Happened to see a Cobra SZ with the Hzrds Yellow Smoke shaft for $399.00 (the club I'm thinking about upgrading to), so I asked if I could Give it a few hits in their Bay.. I was told they charge $20 an hour, if I wanted to pay $20 I could... WTH.. I get charging for me to bring clubs in and hit.. but testing a club out for a potential sale.. I just said no thanks and left.. 

Am I missing something? I have always been able to give a club a few hits if I'm looking. Never have I even been charged if I just said I want to try it.. Not that I'm a big Dicks Shopper since the golf area is one of the smallest around. Had a ton of balls and very few clubs... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

1 hour ago, Reesedw said:

Went into the local Dicks this weekend, killing time while wife and Daughter were in Hobby Lobby. Happened to see a Cobra SZ with the Hzrds Yellow Smoke shaft for $399.00 (the club I'm thinking about upgrading to), so I asked if I could Give it a few hits in their Bay.. I was told they charge $20 an hour, if I wanted to pay $20 I could... WTH.. I get charging for me to bring clubs in and hit.. but testing a club out for a potential sale.. I just said no thanks and left.. 

Am I missing something? I have always been able to give a club a few hits if I'm looking. Never have I even been charged if I just said I want to try it.. Not that I'm a big Dicks Shopper since the golf area is one of the smallest around. Had a ton of balls and very few clubs... 

Never heard that one before from DSG. I tried out something recently and they were more than helpful with what I was interested in and also made suggestions and it was free. I would send an email to corporate and complain. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Never heard that one before from DSG. I tried out something recently and they were more than helpful with what I was interested in and also made suggestions and it was free. I would send an email to corporate and complain. 

Agreed. That's some BS. I never had a problem hitting clubs at my local DSG, even when the folks working that department had no idea about anything golf-related. I'd say that warrants an email to complain, for sure.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

22 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Exactly what I was going to suggest---- Which I do not do business with DSG anyhow---- The one down here has crappy service and an equally crappy attitude---- A friend of mine down the road has an independent shop and I patronize him or my home course Pro Shop

G

3 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Man that’s just plain dumb on their part.  How many clubs get sold because people try and like...never going to happen if you charge just to get in the bay with it.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Not exactly great customer service, charge to try out for a potential buy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Exactly what I was going to suggest---- Which I do not do business with DSG anyhow---- The one down here has crappy service and an equally crappy attitude---- A friend of mine down the road has an independent shop and I patronize him or my home course Pro Shop

I prefer the “little guy” also. I never go into the local Dicks or Watts.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Their way of coping with the Seattle $15 hour minimum wage?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I'm going to guess it was a misinformed employee that thought all hitting bay use is $20 and not just if you bring in your own clubs.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

53 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I'm going to guess it was a misinformed employee that thought all hitting bay use is $20 and not just if you bring in your own clubs.  

I'd agree. In situations like that I talk to the manager vs. sending a note to corporate. More personal and doesn't become one of thousands of emails. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

I prefer the “little guy” also. I never go into the local Dicks or Watts.

We have a couple of really good golf stores that I normally frequent but since I was there and really did not want to hang out in a store buy decorations for the house i figured i would just wander for a while.. that was short lived.. Thanks to everyone for their responses. If anyone need Top Flite golf balls i know a store.. LOL. anything else not so much..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 1/18/2021 at 5:53 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Man that’s just plain dumb on their part.  How many clubs get sold because people try and like...never going to happen if you charge just to get in the bay with it.

Actually I had thought of this reading tonight--- A call to Cobra too might have had the human defication hitting the rotating air mover too.

G

7 hours ago, Reesedw said:

We have a couple of really good golf stores that I normally frequent but since I was there and really did not want to hang out in a store buy decorations for the house i figured i would just wander for a while.. that was short lived.. Thanks to everyone for their responses. If anyone need Top Flite golf balls i know a store.. LOL. anything else not so much..

Really I do not buy much new stuff. I may do some horse trading with my bud at his shop down the street. Balls I have won so many dozen the last year I do not need to buy any for a while. Gloves I buy the Wilson ones at Wally World even though I did win two nice Srixon ones on a raffle ticket. Tees I still have some from my old man's course and my bud that owns the pancake house down the street gives away free golf tees. He insists I get a big hand full every time I go there. I guess I am the quanzi cheap SOB when it comes to golf purchases

G

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

This is a good reason we have a like mind with how to enjoy life and golf, lowest expense for everything needed.  As far as gloves go, came across a half price deal on Zero Friction gloves at the Post Exchange at Fort Drum last summer, should have bought more, the ads are 100% on the mark they last and really don't show any signs of wear, and I got the Costco deal only discovering the L was probably XL so instantly swapped to the ZF and the one size fits like a, well you know, and I don't know why I double gloved the too big Kirkland but after that round I double gloved the rest of the summer and both gloves showed very little wear...  you really should take a look at Stick and Hack I have linked on my signature lines, I think you would like what you find with the World's Greatest Golf Club without the course 👍

Thanks for the link. Speaking of Fort Drum when I was trucking and had my own truck I hauled Army equipment in and out of that place. 

G

Got an appt for the COVID Vaccine for this Friday but have to drive an hour to get it. Then, yesterday afternoon I got a call from the VA to come I. This morning for the vaccine. So I went to the VA Hospital this morning and got the shot. Much closer, only 15 minute drive. Now I have to go online and cancel the first Appt.

Thank you VA!
Image1611147662.713182.jpg

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My time has been scant at Ft Drum since the 1982-1987 during my National Guard days when we spent lots of time on our Engineer equipment and on the ranges.  Also, in the 1990s with the Reserves was frequently at Seneca Army Depot (across the highway from the old Samson Navy Base on Seneca Lake) where the renowned herd of white deer roams.  It's totally shut down now after BRAC eliminated it just as Samson went before it.  

I was at Drum in early 70’s. COLD
Actually nice area.

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Went to Drum in January 1986 to support a unit doing Winter Annual Training.  They were able to get a whole 1/4 mile out toward the ranges before the snow kept them going any farther so they set up there. 

Post snowplows used side wing-plow to push snowbanks back enough so stop signs were visible and cross roads were totally blind.  Only vehicle incident was on the Thruway back to Buffalo when one truck towing another truck with trailer on a tow bar slid off the long downhill at the Geneva exit and was so remote in the middle of the interchange in a ditch it wasn't extricated for a month until conditions improved for a commercial recovery operation.

It's God's country in summer and has a strong German influence with the number of POWs who were liberated from Camp Drum after WW2 ended and decided to stay and make a living.  I got a discount golf deal for the 1000 Islands Golf Club last summer and took my son to the Fort and a day of golf with dad, awesome day out and highly recommend it if anyone gets the chance.  Stone's throw from Canada too (literally).

Around 89 or so we loaded at Ft Drum in the dead of the winter going to Aberdeen MD.  Loaded a 6x6 on my low boy. Pulled it a little more forward than usual to get some weight on the drives. The Sargent there knew exactly what I was doing and why and he told the guys to pull the bumper off the 6x6 so I could scoot it a little more forward. Told the guys to throw it in the back of the 6x6 that those lazy arses at Aberdeen could put it back on. He also signed the bills with his name and rank and phone number. Told me if they gave me any sheite at Aberdeen about the bumper being removed to call him. One of the guys a Lt at Aberdeen saw the bills and asked WTF? I told him call the Sarge. One of the guys saw who signed it and advised the LT not to call. But he was ok when I told him why in fact he was glad we got it out.

G

Hey!  Guess what

Today is the -

21st Day of the

21st Year of the

21st Century

Seriously... nothing can go wrong here!!

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

This explains everything Kenny... good gracious... what a day.

I'm not sure how to react to that; could be good, could be bad.

However, since you used the Sad emoji, I'm assuming it's not good.