Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

This Hack's rules for retrieving golf balls (#5 is the most important): 

1.  Ball retriever must reside under a clubhead cover in the golf bag to masquerade as a long handle club.  Once used it immediately goes back to lurking under the cover, mischief managed.

2.  Primary use is to keep using the same ball just hit, unless rule 3 comes into play (yes an oxymoron).

3.  When zero people are following behind and the retriever is already in use, fishing for easy ones is permissible.  But be ready to resume play so those following will not have to slow their play (expecting to step aside to let them play through with the fool retriever put away), refocus and play golf.

4.  No ball outside of "bend and reach distance" must be retrieved.

5.  Most importantly, if there's any chance of being seen as "that guy" DON'T DO IT, it's not worth it, just carry on.

If you don't want to be known as 'that guy', get a Bag Boy Cart Bag . They have a special sleeve inside a zippered pocket for your ball retriever. 

IMG_7946.JPG.d965a9b3c405fa1f2f5029de8bf12887.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

If you don't want to be known as 'that guy', get a Bag Boy Cart Bag . They have a special sleeve inside a zippered pocket for your ball retriever. 

IMG_7946.JPG.d965a9b3c405fa1f2f5029de8bf12887.JPG

Have that in my Bag Boy Chiller cart bag too. And like yours it is empty!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Have that in my Bag Boy Chiller cart bag too. And like yours it is empty!

🤣🤣 Correct. My league partner is the opposite - he has ne of those 16' retrievers and brags about how he's never bought a golf ball.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

At my club there are a lot of lazy golfers. Hit a ball off line and just leave it. Our grounds crew goes out around 5 am. When they rake the bunkers, mow the greens, rough or fairway, they toss any found balls into the fairway. I'm the first one off on Sunday morning. I pick up the balls and toss them into the basket on the cart. When i finish playing I'll sort them. Someone's name on it goes into the pro shop on the counter. Good high end ball no name in my bag, the rest into the range ball container. I get about 6 to 8 when I play and keep about 2 to 3. Sunday after a Saturday tournment is like hitting the lottery. Amazing how many ProV1' s I find. 

Plus I still have between 10 to 12 dozen new balls that I won or was given of all different makes and models. I too haven't purchased balls in quite some time. Not because I'm a hunter though. 

Article on Golf.com this morning concerning a Bryson speed training session.  Apparently he hit 216 mph ball speed and immediately set a goal of 220. INSANE!

What it's like inside a Bryson DeChambeau speed training session (golf.com)

Article reminds me of Lattimer in The Program...

image.jpeg.e70adee9619cdb327ee2079331c5303f.jpeg

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Article on Golf.com this morning concerning a Bryson speed training session.  Apparently he hit 216 mph ball speed and immediately set a goal of 220. INSANE!
What it's like inside a Bryson DeChambeau speed training session (golf.com)
Article reminds me of Lattimer in The Program...
image.jpeg.e70adee9619cdb327ee2079331c5303f.jpeg

I was bored one night and watched the livestream of one of the sessions with Kyle Berkshire. While equipment is getting better, watching this shows that distance/speed is a learned skill. How far can the human body go, how fast can we swing, how fast can we run, etc. slow the ball coming off the face, I’ll just learn to swing faster!

Bryson is the first and I believe he is still learning and hasn’t reached a stable point to allow him to play consistently good golf. We see lower lows but the ceiling hasn’t come down enough. Once it does it will force other players to adopt the strategy.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was bored one night and watched the livestream of one of the sessions with Kyle Berkshire. While equipment is getting better, watching this shows that distance/speed is a learned skill. How far can the human body go, how fast can we swing, how fast can we run, etc. slow the ball coming off the face, I’ll just learn to swing faster!

Bryson is the first and I believe he is still learning and hasn’t reached a stable point to allow him to play consistently good golf. We see lower lows but the ceiling hasn’t come down enough. Once it does it will force other players to adopt the strategy.

Your comment that Bryson is the first is the intriguing part.  Like the analogy of the 4-minute mile, I think it's absolutely accurate to suggest that the flood gates will open to more bulked-up speed-freak type players like this, UNLESS he gets injured or shows an inability to keep it in play and score...two things that critics have said are bound to happen but are probably based more on old-school thinking than actual data or science.

Do I like that this is a possibility?  Not necessarily, but it's certainly going to be fascinating to watch it all unfold.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I forgot how to golf... grabbed my 58° yesterday to get a few 25-75 yard shots in. It was like trying to do calculus... I don’t know how to do calculus.  Going to be an interesting year if this is how it goes, my handicap might take off like Maverick off an aircraft carrier... 😳

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I forgot how to golf... grabbed my 58° yesterday to get a few 25-75 yard shots in. It was like trying to do calculus... I don’t know how to do calculus.  Going to be an interesting year if this is how it goes, my handicap might take off like Maverick off an aircraft carrier... 😳

its winter, we have faith in you

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 3/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, Lacassem said:

Thank you. I’ll look into the stop loss, it’s with Morgan Stanley so we’ll see. Ideally I would like to buy out now and buy back if it drops down again. Thanks for the jnfo

It's interesting this topic came up as a couple of my stocks hit the stop loss level and sold yesterday.  Now I have to figure out what might be a good investment and when to move that money back into the market.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Dang.... 

Florida man drowns while searching for lost golf ball, authorities say

Updated Mar 01, 3:02 AM; Posted Mar 01, 3:02 AM       By Cliff Pinckard, cleveland.com
OLDSMAR, Florida — A 74-year-old man was found dead in a pond on a golf course Sunday and authorities believe he likely fell in while searching for a lost ball.
The body of Hermilo Jazmines was found by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office dive team at the East Lake Woodlands Country Club, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.
Jazmines was golfing with a friend Sunday morning when he hit his ball in the water on the course’s third hole, the news release says. He was last seen looking for his ball near the water.   Authorities say Jazmines went missing, although his cart was still parked on a path and his putter was found near the edge of the pond. The dive team found Jazmines in the water not far from the putter, the release says.   Friends of Jazmines told deputies that he liked to look for lost balls while golfing. Authorities say the evidence shows Jazmines might have fallen into the water and drowned.   And autopsy is planned but authorities do not suspect foul play.

That’s only 30 minutes from my home.......read about it yesterday. Very sad. I am 70 and look for Golfballs when I play....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

52 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That's why golf is a four letter word. somedays it's like **** and other days it's fun. Either way it's still better than that other four letter word = work.  😄

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's interesting this topic came up as a couple of my stocks hit the stop loss level and sold yesterday.  Now I have to figure out what might be a good investment and when to move that money back into the market.  

For me this was my company stock plan. Made a lot of purchases at the beginning of covid and had a pretty damn good return as the stock hit high. It’s not my retirement fund so I wasn’t to worried about taking it out. Will do a few things around the house and maybe reinvest later.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I don't know why but I am very afraid for you.  What kind of trickery is this??? 

I picked out stuff that mirrors what I have in my home...that she picked out. The student has now become the teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Update.  Right tricep is not happy... but I hit 30 or so shots.  Slowly figured out what the heck I was doing.  Looking to go get 18 in next Thursday.

Is it just me or do others suffer the same thing.

So assume it's nice golf weather. It is this time of year. 

I get excited to get out and play. I throw my gear in the car and head over to the course. I pull into the pearly gates of the course and BAM. Im depressed. The grass is still dormant and brown, looking pitiful. The only thing green are the greens. After I walk to the pro shop and get to the first tee I snap out of it. Tee in the ground and then its game on. I just always have that vision off a perfect green course in my head.

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

its winter, we have faith in you

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

Glad someone does.  I felt like a first timer.  To be fair, I haven’t picked up a club since early January for more than one swing...

i’m not sure why @Lacassem chose to speak for me. i personally think you’re screwed. 😂😂

it’s good to see your name popping up more often again, dude!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i’m not sure why @Lacassem chose to speak for me. i personally think you’re screwed. 😂😂

it’s good to see your name popping up more often again, dude!

I’m sorry you thought this was a constitutional republic and your vote counts?!?! JK JK

need shankster to keep playing so that when he gets stationed out this way we can get a round or two in!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

I’m sorry you thought this was a constitutional republic and your vote counts?!?! JK JK

need shankster to keep playing so that when he gets stationed out this way we can get a round or two in!

oh god no. shank is headed our way?! the course may not survive 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

oh god no. shank is headed our way?! the course may not survive 

Well then I guess it’s good he’ll have to pass through NY before he gets to MA.  But Personally I’m with @Lacassem on this and “we” think @Shankster will be just fine once he loosens up.  “We” do have faith! Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Well then I guess it’s good he’ll have to pass through NY before he gets to MA.  But Personally I’m with @Lacassem on this and “we” think @Shankster will be just fine once he loosens up.  “We” do have faith! Haha

haha of course i do too, just giving him some crap. 

and in a few days, i’ll officially be a New Englander. moving to CT

NY....CT same thing 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

I can’t say what we call CT residents on such a friendly forum... but Welcome to New England!  Looks like Mark will no longer have the unofficial record of fastest NE MGS swing... not that I’m sure he actually had it anyway...

What part are you moving to? I have some college friends from a few different parts that I’ve been to. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

I can’t say what we call CT residents on such a friendly forum... but Welcome to New England!  Looks like Mark will no longer have the unofficial record of fastest NE MGS swing... not that I’m sure he actually had it anyway...

What part are you moving to? I have some college friends from a few different parts that I’ve been to. 

headed up to Newtown CT, northern fairfield county. 

headed up to Newtown CT, northern fairfield county. 

Couple of my friends are a little south of there from Wilton and Weston. 

we will have to find a course between us so you can show @Lacassem how to really drive a ball. 😂

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

we will have to find a course between us so you can show @Lacassem how to really drive a ball. 😂

i’d be so down!

i’d be so down!

I don’t know too many courses in CT that are half-way ish... but Connecticut National was nice (I played once several years ago) and Lake of Isles is great... and its at the Casino if that tickles your fancy.  

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Moderators can we have this propaganda taken down please!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I don’t know too many courses in CT that are half-way ish... but Connecticut National was nice (I played once several years ago) and Lake of Isles is great... and its at the Casino if that tickles your fancy.  

Lake of Isles is top-notch at Foxwoods. I used to live in that area.