TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Baby got a new set of shoes, and OMG!!

My Dodge dealer got me Buy 3 get 1 for a $1 deal on Michelin all season tires, and it still cost me $1200.  😬  I remember buying 4 tires under $100.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Moderators can we have this propaganda taken down please!

@Chip Strokes, good luck.  As a born & raised New Yorker myself (upstate), I recommend watching Ted, Ted 2, and Family Guy reruns if you want to learn how to communicate with the NE natives.  I had a couple TDYs to Hanscom AFB in Boston earlier in my career...interesting.  Special breed...

Just kidding @Lacassemand @B.Boston. Kind of...  😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

@Chip Strokes, good luck.  As a born & raised New Yorker myself (upstate), I recommend watching Ted, Ted 2, and Family Guy reruns if you want to learn how to communicate with the NE natives.  I had a couple TDYs to Hanscom AFB in Boston earlier in my career...interesting.  Special breed...

Careful now.... my wife worked out of Hanscom for a while! 😂

So I started working with some of my new team members who all sit down in FLA.  One of them asked if I grew up in MA because I didn't sound like I had enough of an accent.  One of my college buddies said it best I think... the Boston accent is mainly made up of people from three cities; Lynn, Saugus, and Revere.  Of course he is from Lynn, so he's biased.  But generally its really Boston proper where that accent is strongest.  Once you get 30 minutes outside the city its toned down.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

So I started working with some of my new team members who all sit down in FLA.  One of them asked if I grew up in MA because I didn't sound like I had enough of an accent.  One of my college buddies said it best I think... the Boston accent is mainly made up of people from three cities; Lynn, Saugus, and Revere.  Of course he is from Lynn, so he's biased.  But generally its really Boston proper where that accent is strongest.  Once you get 30 minutes outside the city its toned down.

Yeah, I believe that.  When I went to Field Training (like basic training but for officers) the other cadets in my flight kept asking me to say certain phrases so they could hear my New York accent.  I tried to explain I was from Buffalo not Manhattan but it was no use, I spent 5 weeks watching them die laughing when I said "walk the dog" despite not having anything close to a NY accent.

On another note, I'm going to finally have to PCS (Permanent Change of Station...mil-speak for move) next summer, and I'm told Hanscom is high on the list of likely spots.  We'll see.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

22 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

...until you get to Nue Betfurd... 🤣

needless to say there are *a lot* of movies that "feature" a Boston accent. LOL.

One of the most authentic that I've seen is The Fighter. The family scenes are incredible. One of the best movies I've ever seen as well.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

15 hours ago, Lacassem said:

NY....CT same thing 

No no no 😱. Born and raised in CT, I can personally tell you that NY and Mass are different worlds from CT  - or at least we thought so 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

No no no 😱. Born and raised in CT, I can personally tell you that NY and Mass are different worlds from CT  - or at least we thought so 😁

CT is like a wormhole between two universes of MA and NY.  Somewhere on the journey through baseball caps with red B's on them become white NY's, the accents change - but somehow are no less annoying to everyone else in the country.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Have you ever played a round where someone has done this?

And I mean literally take off their shoes and socks, get in the water, hit the ball, stop and put their shoes and socks back on?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

And I mean literally take off their shoes and socks, get in the water, hit the ball, stop and put their shoes and socks back on?

Can’t say that I have ever played with anyone that did that. Of course I haven’t been involved in a game that was for the money they are playing for.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

You lose all credibility with "air force base".....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

You lose all credibility with "air force base".....

Wow, I'm impressed you decoded the acronym! 😂

Interesting to see Golf Digest put out a write-up on just how rigorous the Hot List is; I don't recall seeing them defend it like this in years past.  Might it be a result of suspecting/realizing they've been supplanted by MGS Most Wanted?  You know, the one with data...

An equipment skeptic went behind the scenes of the 2021 Hot List. Here's what he learned | Golf Equipment: Clubs, Balls, Bags | Golf Digest

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Interesting to see Golf Digest put out a write-up on just how rigorous the Hot List is; I don't recall seeing them defend it like this in years past.  Might it be a result of suspecting/realizing they've been supplanted by MGS Most Wanted?  You know, the one with data...

An equipment skeptic went behind the scenes of the 2021 Hot List. Here's what he learned | Golf Equipment: Clubs, Balls, Bags | Golf Digest

I’ll preface this with I haven’t really looked at the hot list for the last year or two, so if things changed my bad:

The issue with the hotlist for me is that there’s not really much the reader can get from it, even if they did test as thoroughly as MGS. Almost everything has 4 or 5 stars and we get a little blurb from a tester. I get that most equipment is good. I know whose products are in demand.  And just because it’s not in demand doesn’t mean it’s not deserving of 5-star or gold.

I’ll assume all new equipment from an established brand is at least good. What I want to know is what is going to be good or great FOR ME. The insight I get from MGS and the forum test/reviews is so much more in-depth than their results. 

I guess I’m happy they put out something to show their process, but I agree it must be because of the Most Wanted Testing. 

18 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Interesting.

For me, this was the paragraph that stood out:

image.png

My take: list the other clubs that were tested that didn't make the cut. That might be a small thing, but at least in my mind, it would go a long way to reducing the perception that the Hot List is a participation trophy festival.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

I’ll preface this with I haven’t really looked at the hot list for the last year or two, so if things changed my bad:

The issue with the hotlist for me is that there’s not really much the reader can get from it, even if they did test as thoroughly as MGS. Almost everything has 4 or 5 stars and we get a little blurb from a tester. I get that most equipment is good. I know whose products are in demand.  And just because it’s not in demand doesn’t mean it’s not deserving of 5-star or gold.

I’ll assume all new equipment from an established brand is at least good. What I want to know is what is going to be good or great FOR ME. The insight I get from MGS and the forum test/reviews is so much more in-depth than their results. 

I guess I’m happy they put out something to show their process, but I agree it must be because of the Most Wanted Testing. 

Yeah, you're not missing much.  I read it for entertainment honestly.  They spend a little time in this article trying to defend the "Demand" rating actually, but admit it's based on entirely anecdotal input from their own editors, retailers, etc.  How is that useful, at all?  Am I supposed to not buy a club because not enough people want it?

And that's really my biggest knock on the list, it's not useful at all.  If they would rate a club as Gold with 5-stars and then show some data, now we'd be talking.  But they just give us a rating and a few anecdotal comments about "testers loved the feel..."  Useless.

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Interesting.

For me, this was the paragraph that stood out:

image.png

My take: list the other clubs that were tested that didn't make the cut. That might be a small thing, but at least in my mind, it would go a long way to reducing the perception that the Hot List is a participation trophy festival.

Very true.  That they won't show the bad performers suggests they're concerned with ad revenue, another problem MGS doesn't have and another reason the Hot List is plummeting out of relevance.

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

That would be a BIG FAT NOoooo.  Hard to get that committed for dimes and quarters.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Nothing that shallow here; steep drop-offs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Get in a pond in Florida - no thank you. I always have an   eye out for alligators whenever I approach a pond around here. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

NY....CT same thing 

No they are not

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I don’t know too many courses in CT that are half-way ish... but Connecticut National was nice (I played once several years ago) and Lake of Isles is great... and its at the Casino if that tickles your fancy.  

Lake of Isles was a decent track. There’s plenty of options, public & semi private that’ll work for you guys.

Rick

Left Hand, 

No no no . Born and raised in CT, I can personally tell you that NY and Mass are different worlds from CT  - or at least we thought so 

No you’re right on, not even close to each other.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Get in a pond in Florida - no thank you. I always have an   eye out for alligators whenever I approach a pond around here. 

Wise!  As a kid growing up in Ft. Lauderdale, we were taught to be gator aware 😬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 3/4/2021 at 4:35 PM, Lacassem said:

NY....CT same thing 

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Yeah everywhere up there in the NE is the same thing.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard people in NE mention "out west"... meaning Ohio!!!   🤣

47 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah everywhere up there in the NE is the same thing.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard people in NE mention "out west"... meaning Ohio!!!   🤣

Western mass is out west for us folk lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So a funny story - guess you had to be there at the time. My MIL led a very sheltered life in Connecticut. When we announced that we were transferred (this was about 45 yrs ago) to Kansas City, she had asked if they still had cowboys roaming the city with guns strapped to their waist, and wait for it........ stagecoaches. 😱 Yes she was serious. This is a women that had never been beyond Stamford , CT until we bought her and my FIL  an airplane ticket to come see us. On the plane, she had commented to my FIL( as the plane was taxiing) that the flight wasn't bad. My FIL told her the plane hadn't left the ground yet. 😁  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On Sundays I FaceTime my youngest and we play guitar and sing together. Tonight she want to play a Clint Black song and two years later I still say my security guards should have let me loose to kick his a$$ for just being a Richard. So yes years later i still don’t like him and if I saw him in public I would have to be restrained from punching him in the throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

My wife wants a portable power generator in case the power goes out so i am buying a portable power generator. That means I can buy myself some new wedges without any justification right?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Am I the only one that can't wait to see a "TESTERS WANTED" thread pop up?  Wouldn't matter what it is, just excited for testing season, almost as much as golf season.

Getting in first practice 9 of the year tomorrow, btw....