TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Nothing better than a commentator willing to speak their mind even if it offends someone. At least it's interesting that way.

I would love to see Rocco or Paul Goydos take a stint at the job.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

They need to have a 7 second delay on IB-F so they can mute out all his mistakes.  Sometimes I think the guy isn't watching the same golfer that is on camera.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

They need to have a 7 second delay on IB-F so they can mute out all his mistakes.  Sometimes I think the guy isn't watching the same golfer that is on camera.

I think we are becoming more educated viewers and have a better idea that they really aren't saying anything meaningful.  Probably sounds okay to the average golf viewer.   

If I remember right, when Stewart Cinks son was doing basic math calculations to determine a target the commentator said it was too analytical.   Using Decade the analytical part is already done for you;  you are looking at how far you are from the hole which gives you a distance from the edge and  the player knows how many yards the flag is from the edge of the green so you do basic math to see how far left or right of the flag to establish as the target. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

pretty easy to prove the carry number on your drive when it plugs more than half a ball deep in the fairway 😑

we played a beautiful course today but some parts were still a little soft from rain over the last few days. 

95AA9F6D-A9F1-48C1-85E5-BAA3E5DB7119.jpeg

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

pretty easy to prove the carry number on your drive when it plugs more than half a ball deep in the fairway 😑

we played a beautiful course today but some parts were still a little soft from rain over the last few days. 

95AA9F6D-A9F1-48C1-85E5-BAA3E5DB7119.jpeg

😱 look's like someone stepped on it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

34 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I think your right. When you hit as far as Chip Strokes does, it probably flew over someone's head and they stepped on it when they got to it 50 yards in front of them. 🤣  A plugged drive usually has a raised chunk of sod in front of it unless it was a very high ball flight.   

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

47 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I think your right. When you hit as far as Chip Strokes does, it probably flew over someone's head and they stepped on it when they got to it 50 yards in front of them. 🤣  A plugged drive usually has a raised chunk of sod in front of it unless it was a very high ball flight.   

I’ve had some that have plugged like this after a lot of rain (we had ALOT of rain on Friday, guessing he did to) off the tee

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

@Lacassem nailed it. no one was in front of us in the fairway to step on the ball. 

we had a lot of rain friday/saturday and there were some really soft spots on the fairways today. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

On 4/18/2021 at 8:18 AM, cnosil said:

I think we are becoming more educated viewers and have a better idea that they really aren't saying anything meaningful.  Probably sounds okay to the average golf viewer.   

If I remember right, when Stewart Cinks son was doing basic math calculations to determine a target the commentator said it was too analytical.   Using Decade the analytical part is already done for you;  you are looking at how far you are from the hole which gives you a distance from the edge and  the player knows how many yards the flag is from the edge of the green so you do basic math to see how far left or right of the flag to establish as the target. 

Agreed that we the golf fans that are freaks enough to be on golf specific forums are more educated about what the golfers/caddie are doing.

A commentator saying that it is too analytical for a caddie and player to determine the correct target is really obnoxious and is a disservice to anyone learning how to play the game.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 4/14/2021 at 6:41 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Not a gripe, more of a "concern"...I love being involved with my kids and their sports, but I'm going to have to get damn creative to get my rounds in this year.  This is my 5-year old son's T-ball schedule.

TBall.jpg.004524f9587287b460ee7e576bb4feaa.jpg

His older brother (7) is in a select traveling team league, and has practices/games three times a week as well.  And, he starts a junior golf league in the middle of May.

Looking forward to it all, really, just looking forward to some golf too!

Did you say 5 year old?? SMDH

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Not very happy right now, I am dealing with “tennis elbow” in my right arm. It drastically affects my swing. I can’t ensure that the club head is square with the ball. Getting a lot of Mickey Mantle , Roger Maris & Ted Williams......you know, Dead Yanks! Does anyone have a cure?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Today is shot number two of Pfizer. Currently waiting my 15 minutes and then off to work and back to thinking about golf all day. 😂

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Not very happy right now, I am dealing with “tennis elbow” in my right arm. It drastically affects my swing. I can’t ensure that the club head is square with the ball. Getting a lot of Mickey Mantle , Roger Maris & Ted Williams......you know, Dead Yanks! Does anyone have a cure?

Orthopedic Surgeon gave me a list of exercises to strengthen forearm muscles. Haven’t had a problem since.
I was there for my knee so figured I’d get a 2 for 1 diagnosis.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Orthopedic Surgeon gave me a list of exercises to strengthen forearm muscles. Haven’t had a problem since.
I was there for my knee so figured I’d get a 2 for 1 diagnosis.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Sounds like me when my back is overly sore and I get lazy in my swing.  Since you can't make your usual move in the downswing to generate speed because your elbow hurts, you compensate by making a more pronounced, early rotation which leads to Dead Yanks!!

You might have to back off playing for a few days or just make 1/2 swings with the proper rotation. 

Take it easy, or it will be with you for awhile.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Apparently Tony had some success with this...

We Tried It: Fiix Elbow Tennis Elbow Treatment | MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Look up Fit For Golf. Mike has a video of an exercise that has had some good success.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Do you guys check Rakuten before making your golf purchases? Or for online purchases in general?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Do you guys check Rakuten before making your golf purchases? Or for online purchases in general?

No

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

If I knew what Rakuten was I might check it...sounds like a brand of ramen noodles.  Googling that one now...

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

If I knew what Rakuten was I might check it...sounds like a brand of ramen noodles.  Googling that one now...

Get money back for buying things online. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Get money back for buying things online. 

Yeah, reading about it now.  Unfortunately for me some of my golf purchases I need to keep off the wife's radar...this would seem to risk exposing the whole clandestine operation...  😂

Yeah, reading about it now.  Unfortunately for me some of my golf purchases I need to keep off the wife's radar...this would seem to risk exposing the whole clandestine operation...  

Yup, know that situation very well

Rick

Left Hand, 

The fitting day for callaway that i was going to go to tomorrow got canceled due to the fitter having a personal emergency, which is understandable.

I think instead i am going to go for a driver fitting at Club Champion in a few weeks. I have never had an OEM-agnostic fitting. And I feel I am now educated enough not to get tricked into anything. I will make it clear that i am there for a fitting only, not to make a purchase. I am okay with upcharge shafts, but I will make sure its clear that if I happen to fit best in a high end exotic shaft, that i try other shafts with a similar profile to see if the difference is that significant. 

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

Proud Dad post. My son was inducted into the National Honor Society today. He works hard in school, waits tables, is All State in choir, participates in our Community Youth Theater, practices his faith, and is always so kind. Just a great young man....

C7F2585C-7721-497F-A4E7-5D5902236285.jpeg

82B794E3-71F9-4CCC-B50D-6374B9C614F0.jpeg

Congrats to him and the family. That’s hard work and takes serious dedication to be involved with all those things! You have created an extremely good work ethic

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 4/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, tommc23 said:

I’m going to be booking a driver and fairway fitting this week. I want to see if I can get a new 3w and a driver I can actually play

So I had to call a few places and I’m driving about 20 minutes further to get into a fitting. The one place closer is booked for a month and a half, obviously I didn’t know this or I would have tried getting in earlier as I would like to find something I can game this year before I start ramping up getting ready for a very hard dog trial. So this place got me in for next week hoping things go well looking at the pictures of what they have it’s all major brands and a ton of shafts so I’m interested in seeing my numbers and what I get fitted for because I’m going to buy probably not through them but I am buying some clubs this year.

20 hours ago, tommc23 said:

So I had to call a few places and I’m driving about 20 minutes further to get into a fitting. The one place closer is booked for a month and a half, obviously I didn’t know this or I would have tried getting in earlier as I would like to find something I can game this year before I start ramping up getting ready for a very hard dog trial. So this place got me in for next week hoping things go well looking at the pictures of what they have it’s all major brands and a ton of shafts so I’m interested in seeing my numbers and what I get fitted for because I’m going to buy probably not through them but I am buying some clubs this year.

Keep us posted on your fitting experience. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart