Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Last week finished a novel that addresses this;

“Total Power”

by, Kyle Mills (Vince Flynn)

A Mitch Rapp, American Asassin book

I was on a Vince Flynn/Mitch Rapp binge a few years ago.  Read every book in the series.  Sad he passed so young.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was on a Vince Flynn/Mitch Rapp binge a few years ago.  Read every book in the series.  Sad he passed so young.

Kyle Mills is doing a pretty good job keeping it going.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The way of the future, unfortunately.  First toilet paper, now gas.  It will get ugly when it becomes food items, probably beef.  Reminds me of 1994 Russia.

Are people that stupid that the Consumer Protection Agency has to issue a warning NOT to fill up plastic bags with gas?? Hmm sir, would you like that premium gas in a double bag? 😱

https://apple.news/ABjC7Ha-CRs-zjKMPhcGmnw

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

14 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Are people that stupid that the Consumer Protection Agency has to issue a warning NOT to fill up plastic bags with gas?? Hmm sir, would you like that premium gas in a double bag? 😱

Chris Tucker Friday GIF - ChrisTucker Friday Smh - Discover & Share GIFs

I just... I can't comprehend that... Must be the tide pod kids.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Lines were shorter here today but I would say 70% of the gas stations you pass have no gas.   I will say that the memes resulting from this are pretty funny.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I will say that the memes resulting from this are pretty funny.  

There's some absolute comedy gold out there on this subject...which reminds me. I have a gallon of 87 octane (ethanol free) that I'll trade for an Evnroll if anyone's interested. 🤣

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

There's some absolute comedy gold out there on this subject...which reminds me. I have a gallon of 87 octane (ethanol free) that I'll trade for an Evnroll if anyone's interested. 🤣

If you thrown in a 2x4 or two you might actually find yourself a buyer. Hahaha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

And a sheet of plywood! 90 bucks I can’t believe it! I’m about to do my shed addition in pallets! Cheaper to buy plastic sheds!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

And a sheet of plywood! 90 bucks I can’t believe it! I’m about to do my shed addition in pallets! Cheaper to buy plastic sheds!

I've got three sheets of 4x8 flooring sitting around that's going to be my nest egg when I retire. 

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Ive Got a resin 8x10 still waiting for a free weekend to assemble. Lol

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've got three sheets of 4x8 flooring sitting around that's going to be my nest egg when I retire. 

image.gif.df9da6a84b72e87cd22a8e760818f22c.gif

^future you 😂

Just got back from Club Champion. Felt like I was swinging slow but also putting in more effort than normal. Made the fitter put the club on the swingweight scale. E2 with a Callaway head which tends to be on the light side. LOL

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

12 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Just got back from Club Champion. Felt like I was swinging slow but also putting in more effort than normal. Made the fitter put the club on the swingweight scale. E2 with a Callaway head which tends to be on the light side. LOL

sounds like they didn't build their heads correctly with the adapter system.   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

sounds like they didn't build their heads correctly with the adapter system.   

They definitely don't adjust the headweight to adjust for the added adapter weight. The Ping was unswingable for me. Swung it twice and gave it back to the fitter and told him it was too heavy. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Had to go buy a new laptop... to submit one frigging assignment.

Been using an iPad for 2 years now for school.  One assignment wouldn’t work.  Couldn’t get the files to save anywhere else... super not happy.  

really wish apple would make an IPad Extra - with MacOS instead of iOS.  I hate not having a touch screen! 😳

Didn’t see the need for a new topic to answer a question I have. Figured random thread would work. Anyway I’m doing a one day(5 hour) golf school next month, and was wondering how much to tip the instructor. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

11 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

Didn’t see the need for a new topic to answer a question I have. Figured random thread would work. Anyway I’m doing a one day(5 hour) golf school next month, and was wondering how much to tip the instructor. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Do you tip your golf instructor for an individual lesson?   I do  understand that it is a gray area since they are providing a service but have never tipped my instructor;  we have an agreed upon rate that I pay per lesson.   Golf schools may be a bit different as there are often multiple instructors and you are paying the owner of the school and not directly paying each instructor.  Would you tip each instructor?

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Do you tip your golf instructor for an individual lesson?   I do  understand that it is a gray area since they are providing a service but have never tipped my instructor;  we have an agreed upon rate that I pay per lesson.   Golf schools may be a bit different as there are often multiple instructors and you are paying the owner of the school and not directly paying each instructor.  Would you tip each instructor?

I’ve never tipped and instructor and they never really looked like they were expecting one. In my limited research on golf schools I wouldn’t tip there either. Like with an individual lesson you have an agreed on price for the school and what it offers including if there will be one or more instructors 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

WANT:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-12-at-2.10.22-PM.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

12 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

WANT:

haha that is awesome.  Also I am now singing that song for the rest of the day.  Thanks for that. 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I will have one instructor for the day. I pay the golf school and they provide the instructor for the day. Suppose I’ll just do what fells right. 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don't tip. At $100/hr, I think he's outside of a minimum wage. 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

WANT:

Perhaps one can be altered for @sirchunksalot?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

OK we all have been out there with *that guy*... or maybe once or twice we've BEEN *that guy* 🤣

https://sports.theonion.com/this-is-what-it-s-all-about-boys-says-man-hour-away-1846890831

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 5/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, 2puttbogey said:

Tip him as much as you tip your doctor or your dentist.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

So, I ordered a shaft and the seller shipped it via FedEx to arrive between Fri or Monday.  Tracking indicated end of day Monday (today).  Of course, it's Fed Ex.  It was delivered to a center 4 hours drive away on Friday.  Today, it's still there and they changed the delivery to Tuesday.  I'm leaving town Wed to go to Bend (Redmond) with the wife (not a golf trip).  I had made a tee time for Tuesday so that I could test run the new shaft.    Doubtful that Fed Ex will deliver prior to my tee time.  Fed up with FedEX.  I may or may not be playing Juniper while in Redmond.

On a separate note, but related....after waiting a month for 2 wedges from Sub70, they finally shipped it today.  Great -- out of town when they'll be dropped off on my front porch (UPS).  Hopefully, the transit will put it out until next Monday.  Otherwise, I have to have someone pick up the package for me so that the porch thieves don't get it.

Apparently, it's not my week for good things golf related.

On the other hand, I'm whining about trivial matters relative to what some people are having to deal with in their life.  I'll shut up now!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

16 minutes ago, CarlH said:

So, I ordered a shaft and the seller shipped it via FedEx to arrive between Fri or Monday.  Tracking indicated end of day Monday (today).  Of course, it's Fed Ex.  It was delivered to a center 4 hours drive away on Friday.  Today, it's still there and they changed the delivery to Tuesday.  I'm leaving town Wed to go to Bend (Redmond) with the wife (not a golf trip).  I had made a tee time for Tuesday so that I could test run the new shaft.    Doubtful that Fed Ex will deliver prior to my tee time.  Fed up with FedEX.  I may or may not be playing Juniper while in Redmond.

On a separate note, but related....after waiting a month for 2 wedges from Sub70, they finally shipped it today.  Great -- out of town when they'll be dropped off on my front porch (UPS).  Hopefully, the transit will put it out until next Monday.  Otherwise, I have to have someone pick up the package for me so that the porch thieves don't get it.

Apparently, it's not my week for good things golf related.

On the other hand, I'm whining about trivial matters relative to what some people are having to deal with in their life.  I'll shut up now!

I have similar shipping problems.  I don't care what day of the week I order things, they ALWAYS arrive on the weekend when we are playing golf.  So the package sits on the porch (if the gate is open) or by the garage door if it isn't.  The last package I received was supposed to arrive last Monday... great!!  Nope, came two days early on Saturday while we on the golf course... and the gate wasn't open!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”