Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have similar shipping problems.  I don't care what day of the week I order things, they ALWAYS arrive on the weekend when we are playing golf.  So the package sits on the porch (if the gate is open) or by the garage door if it isn't.  The last package I received was supposed to arrive last Monday... great!!  Nope, came two days early on Saturday while we on the golf course... and the gate wasn't open!!

Porch pirates are roaming the streets near you 😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

So, I ordered a shaft and the seller shipped it via FedEx to arrive between Fri or Monday.  Tracking indicated end of day Monday (today).  Of course, it's Fed Ex.  It was delivered to a center 4 hours drive away on Friday.  Today, it's still there and they changed the delivery to Tuesday.  I'm leaving town Wed to go to Bend (Redmond) with the wife (not a golf trip).  I had made a tee time for Tuesday so that I could test run the new shaft.    Doubtful that Fed Ex will deliver prior to my tee time.  Fed up with FedEX.  I may or may not be playing Juniper while in Redmond.

On a separate note, but related....after waiting a month for 2 wedges from Sub70, they finally shipped it today.  Great -- out of town when they'll be dropped off on my front porch (UPS).  Hopefully, the transit will put it out until next Monday.  Otherwise, I have to have someone pick up the package for me so that the porch thieves don't get it.

Apparently, it's not my week for good things golf related.

On the other hand, I'm whining about trivial matters relative to what some people are having to deal with in their life.  I'll shut up now!

I have a new chemex for coffee which I ordered nearly a month ago USPS has it in California still as of the 5th... 🤦🤦🤦

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

I have a new chemex for coffee which I ordered nearly a month ago USPS has it in California still as of the 5th... 🤦🤦🤦

That's like the weed Wacker part that I ordered on April 19, left Gulfport MS on the 20th and hasn't had its tracking status updated since!  😖

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

That means it is on a cargo container from China, and will ship when it gets to California.  😬  I had the same thing happen last year.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Happy Mt. St. Helens Eruption Day  May 18, 1980.  

Mt. St. Helens before eruption from Portland Oregon

Many of you are too young to remember the eruption. 

Wasn't born yet 😂

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Coming just a little more than a year after the Three Mile Island accident, we thought we were in a cataclysmic episode where the world was coming apart.  

Sorta like today, huh?  🥴

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

1199720056_Mt_St.HelensBefore.jpg.480965502f33fc9de1a09e4662c1a374.jpg

Mt. St. Helens after eruption from Portland Oregon
1381493130_Mt_St.HelensAfter.jpg.9e803eafd8f4d6c6c6da213e37ab8ce6.jpg

Many of you are too young to remember the eruption.  I was mowing my lawn in the morning when these big, pillowy clouds of ash fell out of the sky.  It got dark; the street lights came on, and ash covered the ground.  We only got a light dusting, about an inch or two.  North of us was covered with ash about the consistency of flour.  The freeways were closed.  The Washington State Patrol led traffic on the freeway at very slow speed when they opened.  I saw a car that had ash caked inside the door to the gas cap.

That amazing event happened prior to us getting to WA in 1985 but I heard many stories from folks about it.  Most notedly from a former fly fishing magazine editor who was fishing Dry Falls Lake.  The gorgeous sunny day started looking like a storm front moving in... though not in the forecast (such as those were in those days).  Within a couple of hours time, they noticed ash falling and it suddenly dawned on the group what the likely source was.  By the time they loaded up and drove out to the highway, they had to use their headlights 😲.

We've been to the visitor center and it is truly incredible to imagine the forces involved to lay swaths of timbered forest down like match sticks.  Also, the residual ash from the lahars that flowed down the Toutle, Lewis, and Kalama Rivers was still there 30 years later when we left.

It's events like this that should really help us humanoids keep perspective.  We're simply not as significant as we think we are.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The Air Force is starting to strongly hint I'm moving to San Antonio next summer.  We'll see, until I have orders I'm not counting on anything.

That said, I'm in Nebraska right now...obviously my mind immediately went to golf in January!  

Is that map of what spies live where still around?  I know it's not "officially" maintained but I thought I remember someone had saved it once...?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The coffee I ordered with it that is in the same box is not from China it’s roasted in Utah.

I must be living right, had 2 orders from different parts of the country shipped USPS and I got one in 3 days the other 4 days.  I did not pay extra for expedited delivery.

one of the items is a replacement battery for our 3.5 year old Dyson.  I tried to get a battery from Dyson but after 3 months of “out of stock” went with the off brand, 1/2 the price.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

The Air Force is starting to strongly hint I'm moving to San Antonio next summer.  We'll see, until I have orders I'm not counting on anything.

That said, I'm in Nebraska right now...obviously my mind immediately went to golf in January!  

Is that map of what spies live where still around?  I know it's not "officially" maintained but I thought I remember someone had saved it once...?

I have no idea when the map was last updated, but here you go...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16E6jH-CK-Ug8qHvRxo12uMKBsuM&ll=-14.772498152249668%2C-101.93990705&z=2

When it came out, I saved the link as one of my browser favorites.  Actually, I'm amazed it still works.

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Many of you are too young to remember the eruption.  I was mowing my lawn in the morning when these big, pillowy clouds of ash fell out of the sky.  It got dark; the street lights came on, and ash covered the ground.  We only got a light dusting, about an inch or two.  North of us was covered with ash about the consistency of flour.  The freeways were closed.  The Washington State Patrol led traffic on the freeway at very slow speed when they opened.  I saw a car that had ash caked inside the door to the gas cap.

Wow...has it been that long ago already? I was pretty young when that happened, but I do remember it. I had an uncle that drove for Sound Trucking Company in the 80's and my dad drove for them, too. They would transport carpet from Dalton, GA to Seattle and return with delicious Washington apples. That's how I was able to make a couple of trips up there, my dad was allowed to take me with him. 

Back to the eruption, as I got off on a tangent. My uncle was up there one time and brought me back an owl that was supposed to be made from the ashes from the eruption. I kept in safely tucked in a sock in one the drawers in my room. I wish I still knew where it was, I haven't seen it in a long time and just think it would be cool to still have. 

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was 11, in the 6th grade. I remember seeing it on the news, and I was amazed at the time-lapse photographs that showed how much of the side of the volcano was gone after all of the “smoke” cleared. Crazy!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was seven and still remember the explosions waking me up that morning. I was at my grandparents house outside of Eugene(over 125 miles to the south) and it sounded like someone was shooting a shotgun outside. I distinctly remember looking at the clock on the nightstand and it read 8:33. The eruption started at 8:32. Funny how those things stick with a person.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

I was sad to read this tonight. Arthur “Biff” Hills passed away today. He and my Father were great friends in their teens, growing-up in Dexter, Michigan. Mr. Hills even gave me a call 7 years ago after my Dad passed away to let me know how he felt about my Dad, and about their friendship. Truly sad to see this tonight.... My the Lord rest his soul. He was a good man....

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/golf/2021/05/18/arthur-hills-golf-course-designer-who-built-many-michigan-gems-renovated-oakland-hills-dies-91/5154014001/

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was sad to read this tonight. Arthur “Biff” Hills passed away today. He and my Father were great friends in their teens, growing-up in Dexter, Michigan. Mr. Hills even gave me a call 7 years ago after my Dad passed away to let me know how he felt about my Dad, and about their friendship. Truly sad to see this tonight.... My the Lord rest his soul. He was a good man....

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/golf/2021/05/18/arthur-hills-golf-course-designer-who-built-many-michigan-gems-renovated-oakland-hills-dies-91/5154014001/

Wow!  Nice story, and thanks for sharing.  I have always enjoyed the Arthur Hills courses I've played.  I didn't know much about him as a course designer, then on one trip to CA I played Cross Creek GC in the middle of nowhere outside Temecula.  It was very enjoyable.  Sad to here that he has passed.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Wow...has it been that long ago already? I was pretty young when that happened, but I do remember it. I had an uncle that drove for Sound Trucking Company in the 80's and my dad drove for them, too. They would transport carpet from Dalton, GA to Seattle and return with delicious Washington apples. That's how I was able to make a couple of trips up there, my dad was allowed to take me with him. 

Back to the eruption, as I got off on a tangent. My uncle was up there one time and brought me back an owl that was supposed to be made from the ashes from the eruption. I kept in safely tucked in a sock in one the drawers in my room. I wish I still knew where it was, I haven't seen it in a long time and just think it would be cool to still have. 

Making pottery with ash from Mt. St. Helens was a big deal for many years.  I had a coffee mug, but it got lost in one of my many moves since then.  Each year we have an "Art-in-the Park" event where artists from all over the region come to sell their wares.  I might have to see if someone is still making things with it.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:00 AM, Kenny B said:

I was in the 6th grade living in NE Vancouver. A friend had stayed over and we were outside throwing a football. The football appeared to shake in the sky and a neighbor came out and told us to go inside because the mountain had erupted.

You know when you have an "ice breaker" at things like work events where you have to say something about yourself that people might find fascinating? I always use the fact that my last day of 6th grade was cancelled due to a volcano. Most of the time, the prevailing winds meant Vancouver was safe, but we did have some good ash dumps when the winds shifted to coming from the northeast. Many people had roofs cave in or gutters ripped off their house when the rain came and we had 4-ish inches of ash on everything - it became very heavy.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

It's Cicada time....

IMG_20210518_151253513.jpg.800aa7f0456994cd2975978adee7c0fc.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

24 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's Cicada time....

IMG_20210518_151253513.jpg.800aa7f0456994cd2975978adee7c0fc.jpg

😱The marvels of nature. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

It's Cicada time....

17 years ago I was on travel to an area with the hatching cicada's  It was an amazing site with dead cicadas all over the  place and them constantly chirping.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 5/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, cnosil said:

Absolutely bizarre.   Gas stations around me are running out of gas and those that have gas have lines that are probably 45 min+ wait.  People are reporting that stations may not have anymore gas until next week.   Hopefully they get this pipeline shutdown thing fixed soon.  

I finished a novel last week.

“Total Power”

by 

Kyle Mills

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Great day at the Pure Silk Championship today.   A little on the warm side, but I got to score for Stacy Lewis, Ariya Jutanugarn, and Amy Olsen,  and got to meet and chat with @tchat07.     Always a good day when you get to meet another spy!

Nice to see Stacy playing well.  Hope she can keep it up through the weekend.

Are you scoring tomorrow, and will you have the same group?

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice to see Stacy playing well.  Hope she can keep it up through the weekend.

Are you scoring tomorrow, and will you have the same group?

Stacy wasn't playing poorly,  but she seemed to be struggling a bit on the greens.  

I got lucky with that group yesterday.  I was supposed to score for the group after but a scorer didn't show up and the alternate was running late so we all shifted one group.      I will be scoring everyday;  our committee chair tries to get us with different groups.  Here is my schedule for the rest of the tournament:

• Friday   grp 41, approx 1:43, tee 1
  • Saturday grp 16 approx 11:00 tee 1
  • Sunday grp 32. approx 1:30, tee 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

Great day at the Pure Silk Championship today.   A little on the warm side, but I got to score for Stacy Lewis, Ariya Jutanugarn, and Amy Olsen,  and got to meet and chat with @tchat07.     Always a good day when you get to meet another spy!

Great meeting you also! 

Figured out why my dogs have been so crazy sniffing lately in the morning. saw this coyote walking up the road this AM. Then again circling my neighbor’s chicken coop. 

FC1F1428-C37C-438E-8FB2-CDC1838719D1.jpeg.7aa2cdcbd7ba532478fad73bc475c9cc.jpeg

Apparently it got 4 chickens already this week. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Figured out why my dogs have been so crazy sniffing lately in the morning. saw this coyote walking up the road this AM. Then again circling my neighbor’s chicken coop. 

FC1F1428-C37C-438E-8FB2-CDC1838719D1.jpeg.7aa2cdcbd7ba532478fad73bc475c9cc.jpeg

Apparently it got 4 chickens already this week. 

They can be pretty sneaky!!

used to see them often in CT.  We had one that would grab a Turkey occasionally when they roosted out back in the woods.

Rick

Left Hand,