TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

I’m on day 11 of our family trip back to my in-laws in Erie, PA.  Spent three of those days near Philly going to Sesame Place, today I went to Kennywood near Pittsburgh and tomorrow is Idlewild…don’t know why my wife is pushing amusement parks this time around but tomorrow will make 3.  🙄

Back in Omaha Thursday…got a message my 919 Forged reshafting job is complete…can’t wait to take them to the range with those fresh Steelfibers!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

34 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I’m on day 11 of our family trip back to my in-laws in Erie, PA.  Spent three of those days near Philly going to Sesame Place, today I went to Kennywood near Pittsburgh and tomorrow is Idlewild…don’t know why my wife is pushing amusement parks this time around but tomorrow will make 3.  🙄

Back in Omaha Thursday…got a message my 919 Forged reshafting job is complete…can’t wait to take them to the range with those fresh Steelfibers!

The worst part is you’re near some nice golf courses too

43 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I’m on day 11 of our family trip back to my in-laws

holy hell. you deserve a medal. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

The worst part is you’re near some nice golf courses too

Believe me, I’ve noticed…

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

holy hell. you deserve a medal. 

My brother-in-law is hands down my best friend.  Most of the rest of them?

image.jpeg.45b3bc10cb4e293a1344c6ae28eb5f8f.jpeg

Not sure if this is the correct thread or not, but I have a question about rules. The other day I found myself in a fairway bunker and I noticed what seemed to be a tiny stick sticking up from the sand just in front of my ball. As I went to pull it out of the sand I found it connected to a loose root that ran along and just under the surface of the sand. Now I know that you obviously can’t move tree roots in the rough, because they are mostly immovable, but is it okay to pull/move a root that is connected from one side of the bunker to the other side? Does someone get relief from such things in a bunker? My playing partners agreed to giving me relief seeing as how my club would’ve gotten caught on the loose root during my swing, but was that the right call?

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

31 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread or not, but I have a question about rules. The other day I found myself in a fairway bunker and I noticed what seemed to be a tiny stick sticking up from the sand just in front of my ball. As I went to pull it out of the sand I found it connected to a loose root that ran along and just under the surface of the sand. Now I know that you obviously can’t move tree roots in the rough, because they are mostly immovable, but is it okay to pull/move a root that is connected from one side of the bunker to the other side? Does someone get relief from such things in a bunker? My playing partners agreed to giving me relief seeing as how my club would’ve gotten caught on the loose root during my swing, but was that the right call?

calling @DaveP043

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

38 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I’m interested in the answer because that’s an interesting thing to happen 

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I took my son and one of his friends to Kennywood a couple of years ago, it wasn't too bad, but it was hot.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Two places in the Rules address this, Rule 12 - Bunkers, which refers you to Rule 15 - Relief from Loose Impediments and Moveable Obstructions.  In a bunker, you can move Loose Impediments and Moveable Obstructions.  But if you look at the Rules and the Definitions of these terms, you find that an attached root is neither, so you don't get relief and you don't get to remove it.  If you go back to Rule 8 - Course Played as It Is Found you'll see that you're not allowed to move, bend, or break any growing or attached natural object.   Once you determined that the root was attached, and not a loose impediment, you really should have restored it to its original condition as closely as possible.  Note that this really applies all over the golf course, it its attached and growing, you're not supposed to "re-arrange" it at all.

Oh, something I strongly suggest, you should go and read these rules for yourself.  On one hand, you'll learn more about using the rules on your own that way.  On the other, if I've screwed up you can correct me.  I've done the first part of the work, you now have the specific rules to review.

Edited by DaveP043

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have a flow up question to that. Where does the self preservation come in?

Say you are in a lie where if you swing, your wrist will be misshapen afterwards and can’t play golf for a year?

I have never personally read the rules all the way through.  Is there a “personal injury”‘prevention rule? 

I can tell you that I won’t be hitting a ball from a lie that has the potential to inure me, or break my clubs.

sue me.

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Say you are in a lie where if you swing, your wrist will be misshapen afterwards and can’t play golf for a year?

I have never personally read the rules all the way through.  Is there a “personal injury”‘prevention rule? 

I can tell you that I won’t be hitting a ball from a lie that has the potential to inure me, or break my clubs.

sue me.

According to the rules that would be an “unplayable lie”.  You can take an unplayable lie anywhere, take relief and add a penalty stroke. 

there are also rules about dangerous situations …fire ants, snakes, alligators, etc.  no penalty relief from those. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And you didn't stop by Cedar Point in Sandusky? Not too far from Erie, Pa. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

And you didn't stop by Cedar Point in Sandusky? Not too far from Erie, Pa. 

Kids are 8, 6, and 4…parks I mentioned have more to offer little kiddos.  I’m sure Cedar Point will happen in a future year.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

sue me.

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

According to the rules that would be an “unplayable lie”.  You can take an unplayable lie anywhere, take relief and add a penalty stroke. 

As usual, @cnosil has it exactly right, there are situations where you really should take Unplayable Lie Relief rather than risk injury.  Now there ARE some Model Local Rules that address some of these "dangerous" lies, I specifically remember one about relief from roots, but these have to be put into effect by the Committee to be used.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Two places in the Rules address this, Rule 12 - Bunkers, which refers you to Rule 15 - Relief from Loose Impediments and Moveable Obstructions.  In a bunker, you can move Loose Impediments and Moveable Obstructions.  But if you look at the Rules and the Definitions of these terms, you find that an attached root is neither, so you don't get relief and you don't get to remove it.  If you go back to Rule 8 - Course Played as It Is Found you'll see that you're not allowed to move, bend, or break any growing or attached natural object.   Once you determined that the root was attached, and not a loose impediment, you really should have restored it to its original condition as closely as possible.  Note that this really applies all over the golf course, it its attached and growing, you're not supposed to "re-arrange" it at all.

Oh, something I strongly suggest, you should go and read these rules for yourself.  On one hand, you'll learn more about using the rules on your own that way.  On the other, if I've screwed up you can correct me.  I've done the first part of the work, you now have the specific rules to review.

Thank you very much for your response Dave, and I have followed your advice to read and search the rules, which brings me to Rule 16.1 - Abnormal Course Conditions (Including Immovable Obstructions)...I see that the rule doesn't spell out "loose root" (I wish now that I had taken some pictures), but couldn't that be considered an immovable obstruction?

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

8 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Thank you very much for your response Dave, and I have followed your advice to read and search the rules, which brings me to Rule 16.1 - Abnormal Course Conditions (Including Immovable Obstructions)...I see that the rule doesn't spell out "loose root" (I wish now that I had taken some pictures), but couldn't that be considered an immovable obstruction?

This is where I'll refer you to the definition of Obstruction, where you'll find that Obstructions are artificial things.  Roots don't fit that definition.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

My plant caught fire today in the body shop. Thankfully the only injuries were due to smoke inhalation and I hope the seven people affected recover soon. Fortunately, our plant has a good evacuation plan in place and we were able to get to safety quickly. 

https://www.newschannel9.com/news/local/chattanooga-firefighters-on-scene-of-reported-fire-at-volkswagen-tuesday-morning

Glad you're ok.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

32 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My plant caught fire today in the body shop. Thankfully the only injuries were due to smoke inhalation and I hope the seven people affected recover soon. Fortunately, our plant has a good evacuation plan in place and we were able to get to safety quickly. 

https://www.newschannel9.com/news/local/chattanooga-firefighters-on-scene-of-reported-fire-at-volkswagen-tuesday-morning

Scary stuff, glad you all were ok.  You should probably get a few free vacation days to golf and de-stress from it! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

36 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Glad all was good, and this is why we do evacuation planning don’t yell at facilities when we do them 👍

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Scary stuff, glad you all were ok.  You should probably get a few free vacation days to golf and de-stress from it! 

👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I couldn't agree more! We did get off today and I'm kind of wondering how we're going to produce anything since bodies can't get to paint. 

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Glad all was good, and this is why we do evacuation planning don’t yell at facilities when we do them 👍

I don't mind them at all, I was on the safety committee for about a two years and they do serve an amazing purpose. 

Just got back to Omaha after knocking out the drive from Erie, straight through.  I’ve made that drive in 14 and a half…today took 17.  Standstill traffic on I-80 didn’t help, but the real kicker was my wife’s plan to start a diet tomorrow, and the resulting demand to go 45 minutes out of our way to satisfy a sudden craving for one last dose of soft serve ice cream.

I didn’t push back…I pick up my re-shafted irons tomorrow, and I’m going to want some range time over the weekend before embarking on a short golf trip to some western Nebraska courses.  “Honey, did I complain when you had to have that ice cream?”

image.gif.4182e6e66807499a4365381caa21e828.gif

Forgot to post this one after my round last weekend.  I'll give you three guesses what area this is in (and the first two don't count). 

The foursome that finished after me came into the parking lot, and put away their clubs in 4 of the 5 Teslas parked all in a row.😆

Silicon Valley.jpg

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

Spent my Sunday afternoon sleuthing electrical gremlins in my golf cart. Headlights didn't work but taillights did. They're different circuits but on the same switch. So worked backwards from the bulbs to the wiring etc. turns out its a bad switch. So why couldn't EZGO install an inexpensive toggle switch??? 😡. The OEM switch which had a dedicated connector is $66. At least I found the problem - if I had to call the golf cart dealer it would have cost me $75 just for the cart pick-up. 

1679145217_IMG_8317(1).jpg.237242ebdd3768c96d9d9c5f62e29c85.jpg

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Bought new glasses last night, ever since moving to progressive lenses I cannot believe how expensive things can get. I do opt for the higher cost lenses with the smaller distortion zones, but then add in scratch protection, blue light filtering (a must for me since I look at 4 screens all day at work) and everything else... even with my insurance discounts it's basically the price of an iron set 😬

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Bought new glasses last night, ever since moving to progressive lenses I cannot believe how expensive things can get. I do opt for the higher cost lenses with the smaller distortion zones, but then add in scratch protection, blue light filtering (a must for me since I look at 4 screens all day at work) and everything else... even with my insurance discounts it's basically the price of an iron set 😬

Went through that earlier this year - after insurance it was $700. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart