TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

54 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Stayed in an absolute abomination of a hotel last night the next two nights I’m in LUXURY holy cow and for only 20 dollar difference this is crazy

Enjoy the “good life” my friend 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 7/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, tommc23 said:

Stayed in an absolute abomination of a hotel last night the next two nights I’m in LUXURY holy cow and for only 20 dollar difference this is crazy

Haha.  I used to pick the hotels we stayed in… until I saved like $6 and it was the nastiest place on earth… my privileges were revoked.  My wife uses a bookings dot com and we get some sweet places…. For like $6 more than I payed for a dumpster that one time.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Haha.  I used to pick the hotels we stayed in… until I saved like $6 and it was the nastiest place on earth… my privileges were revoked.  My wife uses a bookings dot com and we get some sweet places…. For like $6 more than I payed for a dumpster that one time.

Yea I hate to say it but the points I got for booking a Wyndham was not worth the free night next time I stay at one of their places.

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just got an 100% on a test.  So what if it was an open book test… it has a lot of pages.

I always found open book tests to be the most challenging because they were timed. If you spent lots of time looking stuff up you could never finish in time. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

My wife uses a bookings dot com and we get some sweet places…. For like $6 more than I payed for a dumpster that one time.

That's my go to. We got the place we're staying at in Bonita Springs in September for $20 a night less than the hotel was offering. Here's a couple of photo's.

1538764970_5bb7b0aa52e4b-thumb.jpg

1543875607_5c05ac17f394b-thumb.jpg

1538765123_5bb7b143e0806-thumb.jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Got to try my friend's 'golf scooter' for one hole last night. It was fun but I was happy to get back into my cart. The fun factor would wear off pretty quickly for me since there's no sun or rain protection. Plus I could see my back hurting quickly since there's no support. But for one hole it was still fun. 

IMG_8346.jpg.12b7267abbd940f00912412e9fd4cd2d.jpg

One of the ladies in my wife's league brought this to the course yesterday in the back of her SUV:

IMG_1450.jpeg.043323f0ddc1e7ebb825867fb423176e.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg.d033a385dafd215039c42e896648aa3c.jpeg

It's Brit-ish.

https://www.i-motioncaddys.com

Now my wife wants one!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you keep doing the same things you’ve been doing you’ll keep getting the same results you’ve been getting. -Martin Hall

Other random thought. Write out your entire day and see if you really have no time for stuff or if you just have bad time management. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just pulled out the swing speed radar to see if Arccos is juicing my numbers….

112mph 3 iron fresh out of the bag…

114mph second swing…

108mph third…

110mph fourth…??

What is someone putting in my drink? For real, I have not been speed training at all.  Insane. 

12.6K sign-ups for the Titleist iron test, and still climbing with the deadline not coming until 5 Aug.  Unreal; has to be a record.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

19 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

12.6K sign-ups for the Titleist iron test, and still climbing with the deadline not coming until 5 Aug.  Unreal; has to be a record.

Yeah, I’m not sure what the record is, but this has to break it!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 7/26/2021 at 9:21 PM, Shankster said:

Is it just me, or do any other Arccos users pick a random course, and see what it says.  Like Royal Birkdale for example?

Sure could was a lot of time dreaming about playing there.

I've done it a few times. I like looking at some of the courses mentioned on here as well as some of the ones the professionals do. I play the same courses all the time and it's interesting to see how others are laid out. I need to get out more. 

I spent the entire day working on my swing.  I don’t even know what happened.  I had a nice quarter sized mark going from hitting 50 - 75 yard shots with my 58°… then all of the sudden I got flippy with the wrists… hitting at the ball is never good.  2 bad swings made for some really bad swing thoughts.

Finally tamed the junk… goodness.  

on fire one day, dumpster on fire the next…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i played Trump Links at Ferry Point today with my dad, brother in law, and dad’s cousin. 

it was expensive for sure, but a nice treat once a year. the course is immaculate. lots of wind because you’re right on the water, and the fescue is no joke. 

it was awesome playing with the manhattan skyline in the background

5C0F6C2E-0DAE-4308-8346-B351764295BE.jpeg

27FB1DB7-E563-4A98-9B72-10832CF68F95.jpeg

78269A7C-BEEB-4D87-A37B-B3E68B157724.jpeg

3C45EAB2-CA72-431F-B36A-81314B0B09BC.jpeg

DC20AD02-0241-4BC8-9E13-280E09475178.jpeg

67E88C95-2540-4ACC-8B86-2735E65F3954.jpeg

108CBAAB-DB64-4D6F-AEDF-601E87A67069.jpeg

Very Nice 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

on fire one day, dumpster on fire the next…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That my friend is called……golf

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Manolo always makes me laugh a little....  in a good way....

https://www.facebook.com/Manoloteachesgolf/videos/855290411781988

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you keep doing the same things you’ve been doing you’ll keep getting the same results you’ve been getting. -Martin Hall

Other random thought. Write out your entire day and see if you really have no time for stuff or if you just have bad time management. 

For me it's more like... I just don't want to. 😉

37 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

My oldest son started day 1 of a 5-day all day Nike Golf Camp today.  Needless to say, he's excited.  He's almost 8 but I am a little concerned all day (9-4) is going to be too much, but we've gotten a good weather week, and the kid eats sports up.  The camp instructors talked at length about in-camp competitions and prizes, and this kid is crazy competitive, so I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. 

My only faux paus was decking him out head to toe in Under Armour...the camp instructors couldn't wait to get that swoosh on his head!

image.png.891960809b174d32f72f47204ac19d6c.png

Sounds like a cool experience!

4 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

My oldest son started day 1 of a 5-day all day Nike Golf Camp today.  Needless to say, he's excited.  He's almost 8 but I am a little concerned all day (9-4) is going to be too much, but we've gotten a good weather week, and the kid eats sports up.  The camp instructors talked at length about in-camp competitions and prizes, and this kid is crazy competitive, so I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. 

My only faux paus was decking him out head to toe in Under Armour...the camp instructors couldn't wait to get that swoosh on his head!

image.png.891960809b174d32f72f47204ac19d6c.png

I’m sure he’ll have a great week 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Can’t take hitting near the heel anymore. Calling to make an appointment to get my swing worked on in the am.  I can’t wait to hear the guy tell Me I have to change everything.  Wish me luck.

When I started rotating properly as Monte told me, I significantly reduced heel hits.  Not a big change.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

My swing coach Brian Jacobs (BrianJacobsGolf.com) got me to strengthen my grip by seeing 2 knuckles (right handed swing, 2 knuckles on gloved left hand nearest thumb) and feel the wrists rotate through as the swing meets clubface to ball.  When I get it right, the old slice is gone, it could be a slight fade, straight or draw depending on how strong I make the grip (how much the 2 knuckles are visible) and how the rotation at impact goes in that fraction of a second.  THAT is what contributed to that new low score I had last Wednesday... (see Broke 90 badge!) and it is so easy to practice without a ball or a golf range/course/place.

I have been swinging great all year, aside from a slight miscue early last month.  Pretty sure it is all in my head, but it’s worth trying a lesson… maybe.  Still hoping I can figure it our myself.  Been playing the best golf of my life… then I decided to practice.   Every time I practice I end up like this.  Over thinking things subconsciously.  Because I don’t think about anything in the swing.

Going to see if I can sneak out for 9 tomorrow.  If the crap doesn’t follow to the long game I’ll just hit some pitch and runs till I get comfortable again.  

This game is a weird one.