TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Who is this mythical Monte guy I keep hearing about?

Monte Scheinblum.  1992 World Long Drive Champion. Played on Korn Ferry Tour back in the day.  Played in US Senior Open 2 years ago.  Long time instructor.

https://rebelliongolf.com

Only Instagram I follow:

https://www.instagram.com/montescheinblum/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yesterday was my third scramble in the past 10 days.

One thing I never realized before is how mentally taxing scrambles are! Yesterday's was the worst of the three - big fancy scramble put on by one of our vendors at a local private club. I played well, but I was very focused all round since I was playing with three vendors I had never met before. Between all of the festivities and a six hour round of golf, it ended up being quite the day, almost 10 hours total.

It all hit me this morning on the course when I just couldn't focus at all. First time all year I've walked off without finishing the round - I stopped on No. 16 after losing my fourth ball of the round. It just wasn't fun this morning.

My goal for my next round is to really work on the mental side of it. I can play some really good golf when I get myself committing to each and every shot. Days like today I was just going through the motions and my play showed it.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Sometimes you just need to vent. 

My wife is headed to the hospital this afternoon for a fairly routine but life-altering surgery. 

She’s been living with excruciating pain for approximately the last two years post-delivery of our daughter. 

We don’t have a crystal ball but it’s likely that any traditional means of having more kids is a door that will soon close. Not fun news to hear and not something your wife wants to realize. 

So for the next several hours it’ll be a cafeteria, waiting room and probably a deep dive into the depths of some TXG videos as a healthy distraction while she undergoes her procedure. 

Not here to solicit prayers or good thoughts. Just a note to say, give your spouse a hug and a kiss and tell them you love them  

If you need anything reach out!

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

If you need anything reach out!

Thx bro

10 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I dare say you are receiving them none the less, and best intentions always 👍

Thank you 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

My wife is headed to the hospital this afternoon for a fairly routine but life-altering surgery. 

She’s been living with excruciating pain for approximately the last two years post-delivery of our daughter. 

We don’t have a crystal ball but it’s likely that any traditional means of having more kids is a door that will soon close. Not fun news to hear and not something your wife wants to realize. 

So for the next several hours it’ll be a cafeteria, waiting room and probably a deep dive into the depths of some TXG videos as a healthy distraction while she undergoes her procedure. 

Not here to solicit prayers or good thoughts. Just a note to say, give your spouse a hug and a kiss and tell them you love them  

Good luck to you and your wife.

I’m sure that from all of us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Sorry to hear that - hope all goes well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Good luck to you and your wife.

I’m sure that from all of us.

Thanks Rick.

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Sorry to hear that - hope all goes well. 

Thanks Tony.

She's all checked in and prepped...now I have 5 hours to kill.  Hello Youtube.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

Hope all goes well and that those give hours don't feel like 5 years maybe just 5 months. I know when my wife is even a little late I worry so I can't imagine. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Monte Scheinblum.  1992 World Long Drive Champion. Played on Korn Ferry Tour back in the day.  Played in US Senior Open 2 years ago.  Long time instructor.

https://rebelliongolf.com

Only Instagram I follow:

https://www.instagram.com/montescheinblum/

I’m cured!!!

65D84463-CC55-4CB7-B523-B082FA13DA42.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’m cured!!!

Yes you are Grasshopper 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this time. Hopefully it works out for the better for you...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

16 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Hope all goes well and that those give hours don't feel like 5 years maybe just 5 months. I know when my wife is even a little late I worry so I can't imagine. 

Thanks EJ!

15 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this time. Hopefully it works out for the better for you...

MDGolfHacker

Thank you 🙂

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

12 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Update on Grant (my son) at Nike Golf Camp:  first day he won a lanyard for winning a closest-to-the-hole chipping contest, but yesterday was the real win...he raced out to my truck when I got home to tell me he got his first birdie!  My wife picked him up so I don't know the yardage, but the coaches told her it was a par 4, he hit a solid drive, put his second on the green, and drained it!

These camps aren't cheap but so far I'd have to say it's worth it...he's definitely coming home energized to play more golf.  

Nice! The camps are great, all about the instructors, they make it for the kiddos 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Nice! The camps are great, all about the instructors, they make it for the kiddos 

I helped out at a Golf Camp for Kids at the Public Course I played at B4 moving here.  It was a blast, Kids were great and guys/girls golfers were VERY patient.

if I stayed there I would have done it every summer.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I stumbled across this and realized I have not paid a great deal of attention to golf terminology. 

Specifically, do you say you are "going to play golf" or do you say you are "going golfing" when you talk about doing what we love most?

This started with a comment made about the word "golfing" on a position statement instead of "golf" which prompted me to research, entered search word "golfing" to see what was 'out there' and the first thing I found was this source and as it is a school site (and having spent most of my adult life as an educator) I found it to carried some weight, perhaps good to provoke an good conversation.

https://collegeofgolf.keiseruniversity.edu/difference-play-golf-golfing-infographic/

13 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I stumbled across this and realized I have not paid a great deal of attention to golf terminology. 

Specifically, do you say you are "going to play golf" or do you say you are "going golfing" when you talk about doing what we love most?

This started with a comment made about the word "golfing" on a position statement instead of "golf" which prompted me to research, entered search word "golfing" to see what was 'out there' and the first thing I found was this source and as it is a school site (and having spent most of my adult life as an educator) I found it to carried some weight, perhaps good to provoke an good conversation.

https://collegeofgolf.keiseruniversity.edu/difference-play-golf-golfing-infographic/

I usually say “going to get a round of golf in” so yes I’m a real golfer 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I usually say “going to get a round of golf in” so yes I’m a real golfer 😂

I usually say "Let's go shoot some golf's" .  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

This started with a comment made about the word "golfing" on a position statement instead of "golf" which prompted me to research, entered search word "golfing" to see what was 'out there' and the first thing I found was this source and as it is a school site (and having spent most of my adult life as an educator) I found it to carried some weight, perhaps good to provoke a conversation.

Hitting the Links… but that makes me a poser, because the course I play is a parkland… Hitting the Park?

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I usually say "Let's go shoot some golf's" .  😁

I usually say "Sorry I'm in a 4+ hour meeting so I won't be available for calls...."

😉 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 8/3/2021 at 3:31 PM, Shankster said:

I’m cured!!!

At least until the next time you're not.... 😇

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I just had a thought… how many golf swings has the announcers on the PGA tour ruined?

“Here we have So and So and he is holding the lag through the shot…”   

Am tries that and shankerooski off into the junk… 

Subliminal messages to keep PGA Instructors in business…. (I’m kidding here of course).

Did all the comments on the Titleist iron testing thread get blown away or something?  I even have a notice @Shankster posted a comment, but I can’t see it…says the last comment was July 29th with no arrow to scroll forward.  Is this just me?

7B10D770-3D0E-4FEB-9E9F-A1DDA11297BC.png.bcbfaacafe5d001d6001126e621aea84.png

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Did all the comments on the Titleist iron testing thread get blown away or something?  I even have a notice @Shankster posted a comment, but I can’t see it…says the last comment was July 29th with no arrow to scroll forward.  Is this just me?

I think the fix for the other tests where there was a page number issue when they closed the pre selection comments and opened a new section broke this thread.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I think the fix for the other tests where there was a page number issue when they closed the pre selection comments and opened a new section broke this thread.  

Figured it’s something like that.  (So, it’s not just my view…same for you/everyone else?)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: