TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Normal shot shape?  

for me, this looks like a “must draw” hole… which already makes me mad… I can see why you hate it.  

I don’t like that hole either!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Normal shot shape?  

for me, this looks like a “must draw” hole… which already makes me mad… I can see why you hate it.  

Pretty much, you miss right and you're sitting in a lie with the ball above your feet and possibly having to avoid the trees on that side.

It's also about 165 to take the pond out of play according to Google maps. 

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

357 from the whites. 

This is what I’d probably do.

170 club, aim between those two trees.  If it rolls it, you might catch the rough.  But that would leave you ~110-115 into the green, free and clear of the giant trees on the left.

4294E5B1-F677-452E-87C6-6B57916DEF73.jpeg

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here ya go! I marked the hole off in red marker and the tee box is marked with an x. 

Screenshot_20210807-212803_Earth-01.jpeg.13c2f086a62e2686c83da1eb1dc8b990.jpeg

Here's a photo from the tee box, it's about 60 feet between the trees and I usually end up pulling my drive into the ones on the left. 

20190831_111849-01.jpeg.9a611875fe17cc31788ce86b6f205024.jpeg

Have you tried the Bryson line? Just tee that baby high and smash a baby fade over the left tree line. 

60% of the time, works every time. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

357 from the whites. 

For me 5 wood (200 yards) off the tee to the right side of the fairway will leave me 157 to the green. If you miss a little left the 5 wood should still get you over the right side of the trees on the left and still be in the fairway.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This is what I’d probably do.

170 club, aim between those two trees.  If it rolls it, you might catch the rough.  But that would leave you ~110-115 into the green, free and clear of the giant trees on the left.

4294E5B1-F677-452E-87C6-6B57916DEF73.jpeg

I'll give that a go my next round and see how it works out. I appreciate the advice!

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Have you tried the Bryson line? Just tee that baby high and smash a baby fade over the left tree line. 

60% of the time, works every time. 

Unless the face of the driver sucks as BAD would say.  Then we are looking at 60% of the time it works 50% of the time.  Haha. 

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

For me 5 wood (200 yards) off the tee to the right side of the fairway will leave me 157 to the green. If you miss a little left the 5 wood should still get you over the right side of the trees on the left and still be in the fairway.

The 5 wood is probably my best bet, too. I can get it out to the 175-180 range off the tee, it would still leave a long iron in but playing it with bogey in mind would be better than a penalty. 

@B.Boston I've thought about the Bryson line, but can't quite elevate it enough off the tee to clear them. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The 5 wood is probably my best bet, too. I can get it out to the 175-180 range off the tee, it would still leave a long iron in but playing it with bogey in mind would be better than a penalty. 

@B.Boston I've thought about the Bryson line, but can't quite elevate it enough off the tee to clear them. 

You’ve got the right idea playing bogey as your par there. there’s a hole at a course near me that is the #1 handicap hole. Uphill dogleg left, OB left too. I’ve always said that a 5 is a great score there and it’s helped me eliminate some bad scores from trying to bite off too much. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'll give that a go my next round and see how it works out. I appreciate the advice!

I was thinking longest iron you can trust, possibly another iron and chip as close as I can and putt, hopefully 1 putt.  Worse case bogy.

I had the 8th hole Par 4 back in CT that I played all irons as a Par 5.  It ate up all LH Players. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Pretty much, you miss right and you're sitting in a lie with the ball above your feet and possibly having to avoid the trees on that side.

It's also about 165 to take the pond out of play according to Google maps. 

what is the name of the course?   I am thinking like someone suggested:   since I play a fade, driver over the left tree.     Doesn't seem to be much trouble;  yes you could be behind some trees occasionally but it seems like the right play.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

what is the name of the course?   I am thinking like someone suggested:   since I play a fade, driver over the left tree.     Doesn't seem to be much trouble;  yes you could be behind some trees occasionally but it seems like the right play.  

It's Chatata Valley in Cleveland TN. My biggest problem is the pull of my big miss. I did hit the fairway once this year, by attempting the fade and it flew straight. 

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's Chatata Valley in Cleveland TN. My biggest problem is the pull of my big miss. I did hit the fairway once this year, by attempting the fade and it flew straight. 

do you normally play a draw or fade?  I would still go with driver.  Play your normal ball flight and hit driver and favor the trees on the right.   Hit it well; or with your pull, and you are playing fairway.  Hit it behind the trees on the right and you do what you can to advance the ball forward try to avoid worse than bogey.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here ya go! I marked the hole off in red marker and the tee box is marked with an x. 

Screenshot_20210807-212803_Earth-01.jpeg.13c2f086a62e2686c83da1eb1dc8b990.jpeg

Here's a photo from the tee box, it's about 60 feet between the trees and I usually end up pulling my drive into the ones on the left. 

20190831_111849-01.jpeg.9a611875fe17cc31788ce86b6f205024.jpeg

I’d definitely hit a 4 iron here and that would get me out 200 or so. That is a tight gap I can see why you don’t like it

I'd hit my 3 hybrid. In fact, I'm going to try that on my #10 today because I almost always end up in the trees on the right.

1999784683_2021-08-08(1)_LI.jpg.bf1051c2c35ef450b78aba7a9a18b25c.jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

do you normally play a draw or fade?  I would still go with driver.  Play your normal ball flight and hit driver and favor the trees on the right.   Hit it well; or with your pull, and you are playing fairway.  Hit it behind the trees on the right and you do what you can to advance the ball forward try to avoid worse than bogey.

I normally play to the right side, allowing for a pull/fade/hook. But really try and see how I'm hitting that day because I do get a day when I hit slices and have to allow for that. 

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

5 kids in the Shanks house… play faster. 😂😂😂

You know what causes that, right? 😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

What is it with #10 holes on these courses?  Our number 10 is our #2 handicap hole.  OB right of the tree line, OB left of the berms/trees, and a long iron or wood in to the green unless you really smash the driver down the middle.  A par on the hole will typically put you one up over your opponents and feel like you made birdie.  Actually, it's a par 4 for the men, but a par 5 for the ladies on our course.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

What is it with #10 holes on these courses?  Our number 10 is our #2 handicap hole.  OB right of the tree line, OB left of the berms/trees, and a long iron or wood in to the green unless you really smash the driver down the middle.  A par on the hole will typically put you one up over your opponents and feel like you made birdie.  Actually, it's a par 4 for the men, but a par 5 for the ladies on our course.

My course too. Tenth hole is number 2 handicap. 413 yards from the whites, the first 250 all up hill, then flat until 20 yards from the green. Then the green is elevated a bit. Has two traps in front with a center path opened to run a ball up. But the traps are a bit in front of the green. You got to carry a bit if your in one of them.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If anyone sees me post this week.  Kindly remind me that I have two term papers due in 7 days… and to get the heck out of here. Thank you.

Will do!!👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If anyone sees me post this week.  Kindly remind me that I have two term papers due in 7 days… and to get the heck out of here. Thank you.

Just gave you a follow so I can see if you've been on here talking about the important stuff. I've found term papers and assignments are better written last minute and under pressure. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just gave you a follow so I can see if you've been on here talking about the important stuff. I've found term papers and assignments are better written last minute and under pressure. 

Same.  I do my best work burning the midnight oil… the night before.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Same.  I do my best work burning the midnight oil… the night before.

Yup, story of my academic endeavors 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Shankster Chunks isn’t wrong you know. All of my best papers were written last minute. 

I have an idea for a new thread that you could start to help ease you closer to your deadlines so you can produce your best academic work (we all want to see you succeed here!).

I propose you start as “what’s grinding Shankster’s Gears thread”. I think it would offer some top notch content. Can be golf related or any current events. 

that is all, carry on!

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

@Shankster Chunks isn’t wrong you know. All of my best papers were written last minute. 

I have an idea for a new thread that you could start to help ease you closer to your deadlines so you can produce your best academic work (we all want to see you succeed here!).

I propose you start as “what’s grinding Shankster’s Gears thread”. I think it would offer some top notch content. Can be golf related or any current events. 

that is all, carry on!

Yup, get it going!!!  We’ll all help😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

that is all, carry on!

I got an A on a paper that I threw together on vacation.  I have no idea what it was about, not good… but the instructor told me it was the best out of the last 3 classes he taught… 🤔 what is everyone else doing?

As for that thread?  We already have the “got problems?” Thread….. hahahahaha.

I’ll do it though, you know I will. Just have to finish these two papers first… maybe.