Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I got an A on a paper that I threw together on vacation.  I have no idea what it was about, not good… but the instructor told me it was the best out of the last 3 classes he taught… 🤔 what is everyone else doing?

As for that thread?  We already have the “got problems?” Thread….. hahahahaha.

I’ll do it though, you know I will. Just have to finish these two papers first… maybe.

👍👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

So on a follow-up from my wife's procedure last Tuesday...

To those of you who did reach out, you guys rock...This community is 2nd to none...Being able to share this in a way that allows me to be candid but not feel like I am over-sharing has been profoundly therapeutic.

Recovering slowly but surely...pathology revealed significant damage to her lower abdomen which will inevitably lead to a hysterectomy.  

The past few days and realizing that this is an indefinite conclusion to having children that she will carry has been the most difficult aspect.  Follow-up surgery will require a more intensive procedure at a later time but for the moment, it's quality family time and managing pain. 

Again, you guys are the best.

She’s a strong woman those married to us in our career have to be just like those married to service members! Lt the offer always stands reach out if needed! And I’m so going to overuse the louey on here 😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

She’s a strong woman those married to us in our career have to be just like those married to service members! Lt the offer always stands reach out if needed! And I’m so going to overuse the louey on here 😂😂😂😂😂

They sure are tough…

Dude you know how it works 🤣🤣🤣

Kid we hired three years ago loves the “hey Lou” and I made the fatal mistake of telling him it’s cringe. Critical fail on my part!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

They sure are tough…

Dude you know how it works 🤣🤣🤣

Kid we hired three years ago loves the “hey Lou” and I made the fatal mistake of telling him it’s cringe. Critical fail on my part!

Oh yea never tell anyone in the fire service what bothers you because then we never stop!!!

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Oh yea never tell anyone in the fire service what bothers you because then we never stop!!!

I love sleeping with the windows open when its 22* outside and my favorite meal is tuna noodle casserole 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 8/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Rickp said:

Yup, story of my academic endeavors 😱

Unfortunately my motto in undergrad at year four became, “C’s get degrees!” That didn’t serve me well when applying for grad school years later!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just now, EasyPutter said:

I had a military class that decided to use as their class motto, "if the minimum standard was not good enough it would not be the minimum standard."  And that was what they aspired to achieve... 

successfully.

I’d love to go back and kick myself… After my sophomore year I had a 3.8, and was admitted into the History Honors Program, but I had NO idea what I wanted to do in life and contemplated transferring to other schools many times. When hoops ended, I was lost. I had NO idea what to do with all of my time now that I didn’t have practices/workouts/games/study hall/team dinner, etc. Free-time was my enemy…

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

No not old "experienced" 👍

Cross Country was my high school sport and I was good, hope she makes the team and has great success with it.  Will never forget the time the Cheerleaders came out to support us because they thought we were not well supported, then they couldn't figure out how or when to set up for their cheers lol great times.

Don't blink, college is next 😅

I’m pretty young to have a 15 year old I suppose.  Not old I guess.  Just have no idea where the last 10 years went.  They flew by.

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’m pretty young to have a 15 year old I suppose.  Not old I guess.  Just have no idea where the last 10 years went.  They flew by.

I know the feeling. My 15 yo is already on his sister's case to get the "family" car cleaned out before she leaves for her third year of college in a few weeks, since he gets his permit in a few months and already can't wait to learn to drive in it.

The time flies indeed.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

3 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I know the feeling. My 15 yo is already on his sister's case to get the "family" car cleaned out before she leaves for her third year of college in a few weeks, since he gets his permit in a few months and already can't wait to learn to drive in it.

The time flies indeed.

We have a 19 year old Sophomore @ Villanova and 2 more hitting college next year.  Now that’s feeling old!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The time flies indeed.

Yup, head that “discussion” between 2 of our Gdaughters last year. 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

We have a 19 year old Sophomore @ Villanova and 2 more hitting college next year.  Now that’s feeling old!!

My daughter wants to go to France for culinary school.  I’ll catch up with you during her time there Rick.  

ours will be one right after the other. Every 2 years.. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Just now, Shankster said:

My daughter wants to go to France for culinary school.  I’ll catch up with you during her time there Rick.  

ours will be one right after the other. Every 2 years.. 🤦🏼‍♂️

😱 Oh boy, better get your Doctorate real quick.

Rick

Left Hand, 

While I'm normally not a big fan of the No Laying Up podcast, the most recent release is a good one.

The guest is Tom Whitney, who just secured full status on the Korn Ferry Tour for next year.  Tom is an Air Force Academy graduate who served 4 years on active duty as a missile officer.  His older brother, Bob, who you'll hear from the podcast also went to the Air Force Academy (Tom and Bob were teammates on the academy golf team) was assigned here at US Strategic Command with me as an intelligence officer.  Bob and I played a few rounds together, and he was his brother's biggest fan to say the least. 

Bob took his own life last winter after battling depression; since then Tom has championed veteran suicide awareness initiatives.  Here's a link to the non-profit he mentions in the podcast.

https://1tribefoundation.org

Tom will tee it up at the Pinnacle Bank Championship here in Omaha tomorrow. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Well, our daughter decided that she doesn’t want to do Cross Country.  It was 106° today with the heat index, and supposed to be similar the next two days of try outs.

Cant say that I blame her.  Plus, she was about a minute slow of the required pace… probably because the grass was about to spontaneously combust from being so hot.

Seems dangerous to hold practice when it is that hot, especially for people from the north… that’s just too hot.

Edited by Shankster
AUTO UNSPELL STRIKES AGAIN

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

My 15 year old is 28.... and she gave me 4 grand kids. My other 15 year old is 25... and she gave 2 grand kids. I'm too damn young to have 6 grand kids!😅

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

My 15 year old is 28.... and she gave me 4 grand kids. My other 15 year old is 25... and she gave 2 grand kids. I'm too damn young to have 6 grand kids!😅

If all of my kids have 5 kids… I will be in the poor house.  Even 2… looking at like 10-25 grandkids… if these ones don’t kill me first. But that better be like 30 years from now or more.

Not going to share any links, but the Google machine shows that at least one online vendor may have accidentally (maybe?) posted some new iron releases prior to the launch(er) date. Color me very intrigued... 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This is probably common knowledge to everyone else but I found out today that trading in clubs by walking up to the counter in a 2nd swing gets you in store credit not credit to your online account with them.  I kept looking for the amount to show up on my online account and finally called them after a few days. 

So if I find clubs on the 2nd swing website I have to contact that store to have the clubs transferred to them and then buy them there applying that in store credit to the purchase price.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I don't care who you are, that Field of Dreams game last night and the ramp-up to it was damn cool. 

I'm not afraid to admit, I still sob like a baby at the end of that flick, and 30 years later it still has that effect on me.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I don't care who you are, that Field of Dreams game last night and the ramp-up to it was damn cool. 

I'm not afraid to admit, I still sob like a baby at the end of that flick, and 30 years later it still has that effect on me.

I watched about an inning and a half;  thought the idea was cool, Got bored.  Need to go back and watch the opening with the teams coming out from the corn field.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I watched about an inning and a half;  thought the idea was cool, Got bored.  Need to go back and watch the opening with the teams coming out from the corn field.  

Yeah, once the game got going it was an ordinary ballgame, although the cutaway scenes of the game in the middle of a cornfield were cool, and a walkoff to end it didn't hurt.  But for me, the opening and the music score....struck a chord.  I've always been sentimental where that movie is concerned though....

Starting to get some big cukes. Almost time for pickle and salsa season! Tomatoes are all popping

image.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!