Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

10 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i usually center my driver up pretty well. when i miss, i tend to leave the face open and get a big slice off to the right, but that’s not what i’m talking about here. 

my shaft is a KuroKage XD 70TX

8 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

because even at 6*, my ball gets well up over 150’ in the air. 

i lowered the loft to try and kill spin and keep the ball down. excess spin and ballooning drives are killing my distance. 

im also about 10mph faster than rory, so what works for him isn’t what will work for me. i’d love his face control and launch conditions, though. 

Centering a driver didn’t guarantee anything. Aoa, dynamic loft and face/path relationship are more important. 

You are more than likely delivery a lot of loft at impact, based on your wedge swing if that type of movement occurs i the driver you end up with this type of ball flight. Add in an open face that’s going be really big miss

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are more than likely delivery a lot of loft at impact, based on your wedge swing if that type of movement occurs i the driver you end up with this type of ball flight.

i’ll get a video of a driver swing up here soon. 

thanks for the feedback 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I think based on my very limited experience and knowledge, 🙂 placement of your feet in relationship to ball has more to do with the quality of swing than just tee height, or swing speed.  I have found when my left foot is in line with the ball, the end result is always good.  It may not be a 300 yd drive, but it is straight and in the fairway.  Remembering to follow through with the swing is good as well.  If not I'm sending the ball to somewhere right.  WAY RIGHT.  

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

On 10/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This morning my wife, who runs a small craft and photography business on-line, was telling me of a conversation she had yesterday with our part time neighbors about the new "Recovery Act" laws as it pertains to e-commerce tax reporting.  My wife already gets the 1099's forms from her various sales platforms but our neighbor was a bit shocked about the new thresholds (she just started a new business)... which are, shall we say, not subtle.

It's going to get harder to avoid reporting income from online sales (cnbc.com)

It's no secret that the gubberment wants their share of our ill-gotten booty, but wow, from $20k/200 transactions to $600/1 transaction... really?  I wonder how they derived this change?  Sell a used set of irons for $700 and get taxed on $100? I totally get that e-commerce sales created a tax loop-hole of sorts in the last decade and these same goods sold through retail stores would have created tax revenue.  Si in a way, these changes are just catching up to current times.

Anyway, it got me to wondering where this is heading and how far off it will be before stuff we sell on our BST sub forum (or the like) will need to be reported?  How about Craigslist, yard/estate sales?  

Please don't go down the politics lane but just curious what others think about the changes - in particular the not so subtle threshold and whether any attempt to move to other non business ID transactions would be excessive?

I'm doing a look around the house at what I need to unload, quickly 🤣.

Pretty sure the $600 threshold aligns with the number the IRS uses for 1099 contractors. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 10/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This morning my wife, who runs a small craft and photography business on-line, was telling me of a conversation she had yesterday with our part time neighbors about the new "Recovery Act" laws as it pertains to e-commerce tax reporting.  My wife already gets the 1099's forms from her various sales platforms but our neighbor was a bit shocked about the new thresholds (she just started a new business)... which are, shall we say, not subtle.

It's going to get harder to avoid reporting income from online sales (cnbc.com)

It's no secret that the gubberment wants their share of our ill-gotten booty, but wow, from $20k/200 transactions to $600/1 transaction... really?  I wonder how they derived this change?  Sell a used set of irons for $700 and get taxed on $100? I totally get that e-commerce sales created a tax loop-hole of sorts in the last decade and these same goods sold through retail stores would have created tax revenue.  Si in a way, these changes are just catching up to current times.

Anyway, it got me to wondering where this is heading and how far off it will be before stuff we sell on our BST sub forum (or the like) will need to be reported?  How about Craigslist, yard/estate sales?  

Please don't go down the politics lane but just curious what others think about the changes - in particular the not so subtle threshold and whether any attempt to move to other non business ID transactions would be excessive?

I'm doing a look around the house at what I need to unload, quickly 🤣.

I am pretty sure that you only have to pay tax on profits, not just if you sold something for less than what you paid on it. 

From an article on this topic:

If your sales are akin to having a garage sale — i.e., you unload belongings for less than what you originally paid — there typically is no reason to report what you pulled in, said Weston at the American Institute of CPAs. Essentially, there is no “income” to report.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

11 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am pretty sure that you only have to pay tax on profits, not just if you sold something for less than what you paid on it. 

From an article on this topic:

If your sales are akin to having a garage sale — i.e., you unload belongings for less than what you originally paid — there typically is no reason to report what you pulled in, said Weston at the American Institute of CPAs. Essentially, there is no “income” to report.

Yes it is just an income tracking tool you only pay tax if you were profitable. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

58 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Cazenovia Golf Course, 5th fairway looking at the 4th tee and fairway on the other side of the shadow casting tree, South Buffalo NY on Thursday 10.7.2021, air temp 78*F with light winds

232398062_10.7.20215thfairway.JPG.1193ad6085ca7c48f9815de873ec8f2a.JPG

That realization that it is Autumn and you are in the Northeast, Buffalo NY to be exact, on a summer kind of warmth afternoon and the sun is this low at 4:30pm casting these great long shadows across the fairway and in the only panorama photo you took you caught the lady of the kindly older couple met at the 1st tee while she is in her backswing at that perfect moment... how can you possibly not find yourself in love with golf?

I had a similar experience last year in NE Ohio - it's not unusual to be able to play in November, but I was playing in shorts and a polo. Definitely not ordinary.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Driving over 2 hours today to do a youth pheasant hunt. I was contacted by a gentleman in need of help so I’m trying to help out kids who want to hunt. It’s also a great promotional tactic for the dog training organization I am a member of.

Have fun Tom.  Sounds like a good time.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Driving over 2 hours today to do a youth pheasant hunt. I was contacted by a gentleman in need of help so I’m trying to help out kids who want to hunt. It’s also a great promotional tactic for the dog training organization I am a member of.

Hats off to you and my best Navy salute to you. Helping the kids. My old man was an avid Quail hunter and trained Pointers and Setters. Him and his partners also did the field trial runs too. Down South it was Quail---- I have never seen Pheasants but one time in the wild. Come to think of it that was many moons ago in your neck of the woods in PA. Two took off late in the afternoon from the medium of the interstate. Magnificant Birds

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I had a similar experience last year in NE Ohio - it's not unusual to be able to play in November, but I was playing in shorts and a polo. Definitely not ordinary.

Down here it has still been very humid and now we have rain. I believe it has cancelled our golf activities for today. We had the usual Saturday Shootout planned and a Nine and Dine for this afternoon. I will call someone in a little while to verify.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 10/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, EasyPutter said:

Have you tried changing the height of the tee by as little as 1/8 or 1/16 inch?  Whenever I sky my tee it is always because my clubhead is functioning more as a plow than as a low flying aircraft.  My tee is very low compared to others (a regular partner has tees so long I've suggested he try using a Tee Ball set) and for me as long as I only have just the width of my finger between the bottom of the ball and the turf I can usually find the sweet spot.

As my late business partner Big John used to say  I tee the ball at the " traditional "height even with a metal driver. As SOP I do tee lower and back some in my stance that is how I hit the Stuey Stinger. If I want to hit higher I tee higher and move it forward in my stance. 

G

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Have fun Tom.  Sounds like a good time.

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Hats off to you and my best Navy salute to you. Helping the kids. My old man was an avid Quail hunter and trained Pointers and Setters. Him and his partners also did the field trial runs too. Down South it was Quail---- I have never seen Pheasants but one time in the wild. Come to think of it that was many moons ago in your neck of the woods in PA. Two took off late in the afternoon from the medium of the interstate. Magnificant Birds

Thanks guys it was tough going the dogs did well but it was tough. The kids had fun and the dogs enjoyed doing their jobs

absolutely brutal (half) of a round today. 

booked as a single and got grouped with 3 friends. one of them had obviously never played golf. 

we made the turn in 2 hours and 25 minutes, and that was enough for me. 

went to the pro shop and let them know just how slow it was out there and that ANY kind of marshaling needed to be done to move things along. 

to their credit, they gave me 1/2 off my next round or a free 9 hole round. 

i offered a bunch of suggestions to these guys to keep things moving but they didn’t wanna hear any of them 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Yesterday we were watching Spectrum cable tv which had almost continuous ads for their internet service and how it outperforms all other services for speed and reliability. Meanwhile, my internet has been out for 2 days 😡. And when it's up it's running well short of the 200Mbps that they advertise. This is the third time I've had to call them for service in one week. As reported in an earlier post the first time they came out and fixed cut lines - second time they were able to diagnose and fix over the phone.  Only positive thing is that they're coming out today (Sunday)again to diagnose and fix.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Scored a big win for the duct tape / zip tie - Red Green side of my personality yesterday!  I have an 1990 JD 332 garden tractor that I really like.  It has been very reliable and gives me enough minor maintenance items to keep me happy working on it but not enough to be unreliable.  It wouldn't start last weekend when i wanted to use it & the dump cart for hauling logs.  Some troubleshooting through the week on the fuel solenoid and a couple other safety switch things had me zeroed in on a time delay control module that wasn't getting voltage to the fuel solenoid. 

OK....time to find & order the part......It's nice that it is a deere and parts are available for even these real old machines...

Holy crap on a cracker.....  $475 or so for a replacement??!!??!!  Did some other voltage checks coming out of leads on that module since it also interacts with the PTO and all else seems to be working OK.  So after thinking about it and checking schematics in the tech manual I went to the zip tie solution.  

Zip tied the solenoid plunger so it can provide fuel and it starts and runs fine.  Only downside is to make it stop running I have to take off the zip tie to cut fuel, since the key in OFF would normally do that.  But the zip tie is loose enough that I can slide it off and not have to cut it.  Only 1 zip tie needed!!!

So I saved myself about $474.85....that can now be spent on something golf related!!!  

As a self proclaimed Redneck Engineer myself you make me proud. Did a similar thing on a welder one time. It had a transistorized box that sped the engine up when you struck an arc. The box kept burning out and the company was tired of replacing them at $600 a pop and basically junked the unit. I gave them $50 for it. Unplugged the box and solenoid connected to the throttle. Went to Wally World and purchased a cable pull for a lawnmower and installed it. The welder just ran at 3/4 throttle all the time. Maybe used more gas but I did not worry about the good old Kohler engine anyhow because it had a centrifugal govenor anyhow and would not overspeed. I used that thing for about 5 years and sold it when I moved to the beach for $500

Another deal I did which is funny. When I was a volunteer fireman we had 3 emergency generators in 3 different stations across the county. These were huge designed to tow behind a vehicle. These were WW2 vintage had the old flathead Plymouth 6 cylinders in them. None of them ran. I knew the solution was the carbs they sucked when new. I offered to fix them and was told "we do not need any dirt track jury rigging mods" The Civild Defense basically released them to the County to be disposed of. I bought all 3 for $500 no other bids. At the time we were running dirt track running 4 cylinders. We used Phenolic which is a plastic fiber like substance to adapt a 2 barrell Holley Carb to a stock 4 cyl intake ( under the rules). I basically built a adaptor and used a cheaper Motocraft 2 barrell carb which were like plentiful and only $5 or so at a junkyard. Those carbs were somewhat becoming obselete and a rebuild kit was like $10. I tuned one up and got it running parts and all for under $100. In the course of two months I got all 3 running--- I kept one and had an electrician hook it up to run for the house like a Generaton does now. The other 2 I sold at auction for like $1500 each. Man you ought to have the howls around the county. I told them your loss I offered to fix all three of them for the price of parts. I think the county spent like 20 K or so to replace those with compatable modern units. The one I kept went with my place when I sold it and moved to the beach. I could power my whole house with it and it did not even run hard. Ran my whole house for 3 days straight when one of our frequent ice storms hit the area. Yep I had a whole lot of people ticked at me over that---

G

10 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Playing my favorite course in Western NY tomorrow morning, Chautauqua Golf Club on the Lake Course, the original Seymour Dunn and Donald Ross design first played in 1914, where I will be walking the same fairways as Ben Hogan, Walter Hagan and Sam Snead, the 10th hole where Gene Sarazen hit a Double Eagle driver 4 iron in 1930 on his way to achieving his "Grand Slam" and the 17th fairway where Amelia Earhart landed her plane in 1929 on her way to the Chautauqua Institution next door to give a talk.  I will be sure to let everyone know if anything as auspicious happens tomorrow.

Donald Ross course good enough for me--- Being born and raised in the Carolinas I grew up on Ross courses and Ross copy courses. In fact I have played the one in Jacksonville Fla that the Senior Tour played the last 3 days-- Love Ross courses

G

Not sure if we have many guys in North Dakota here on the site. I haven’t look at the map in a while and I’m really not sure where to put this, shocker I know. If we do have guys in the ND area who hunt I’m heading that way in a few weeks to hunt some pheasant and maybe waterfowl. If I do and we have guys who hunt that are out that way reach out to me I’ll be spending 7-10 days hunting there with my dogs.

8 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Hit well for all except 3 holes, that means bogey golf with some double bogeys and one birdie!  Par 3 141 yard 10* hybrid to 10 feet and a one putt, made my day at this course I have to play at least once each year.1149864178_10_11.202118thgreenflags(2).JPG.3e4e9bb0e6fc66932f8d7ab515863ec4.JPG

Gene Sarazen's Double Eagle hole.  Only 91 years, 2 months and 4 days ago.

343181848_10_11.202110thteeb(2).JPG.77861e59d026848e10688522d29b1682.JPG30307492_10_11.202110thfairway(2).JPG.785046de129c6d764ca6de4dddac7aa6.JPG

Amelia Earhart's Runway Hole, only 92 years, 2 months and 18 days ago.

1945224350_10_11.202117thteea(2).JPG.9b9398c479b897555e038e719fece9e1.JPG195932368_10_11.202117thteeb(2).JPG.9bd29003a163b6deedd8ac33f20a772d.JPG

I suspect the time of year for those two events is similar due to the months the Chautauqua Institute is active every summer.

You have your cart loaded down like I loaded down the Motocaddy when I walked. Now that it is cooling off here I am going to attempt to walk a little more with it. Note I did try the Hickory Par 3 tournament a few weeks ago. I was humid and I was swinging hickories. Even with the Motocaddy I gave out about 8 holes in. Did not play the back side

G

On 10/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, tommc23 said:

Not sure if we have many guys in North Dakota here on the site. I haven’t look at the map in a while and I’m really not sure where to put this, shocker I know. If we do have guys in the ND area who hunt I’m heading that way in a few weeks to hunt some pheasant and maybe waterfowl. If I do and we have guys who hunt that are out that way reach out to me I’ll be spending 7-10 days hunting there with my dogs.

Well talked to a friend in Nebraska I’m meeting her to hunt there instead but same thing goes if you’re near Valentine, NE at the end of the month and hunt hit me up.

In our AZ home search, we've looked at a number of them on the golf course.  Aside from the added cost, it is somewhat nice having a much more open view.  But, as I explained to my wife on one she really, really liked, being on the golf cart path side, and being 200 yards from the tee box on the right hand side, is NO BEUNO!  She asked how I would know that, so I zoomed in on the satellite image and pointed out the different color (replaced) tiles. 🤣  Many also don't give consideration to all the mowing/maintenance that goes on and the associated noise.

So a question to those of you who had or currently have a home on the course, what has been your experience?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

In our AZ home search, we've looked at a number of them on the golf course.  Aside from the added cost, it is somewhat nice having a much more open view.  But, as I explained to my wife on one she really, really liked, being on the golf cart path side, and being 200 yards from the tee box on the right hand side, is NO BEUNO!  She asked how I would know that, so I zoomed in on the satellite image and pointed out the different color (replaced) tiles. 🤣  Many also don't give consideration to all the mowing/maintenance that goes on and the associated noise.

So a question to those of you who had or currently have a home on the course, what has been your experience?  

I don't live on a golf course, but when I play golf on courses with homes, I look for those that are located near the green or the next tee.  I'm especially fond of those with friendly residents and have a beer cooler sitting on the patio.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I don't live on a golf course, but when I play golf on courses with homes, I look for those that are located near the green or the next tee.  I'm especially fond of those with friendly residents and have a beer cooler sitting on the patio.  🤣

I'd be the guy who picks up your ball inside my fence line and sells it back to you at 1/2 retail price... or in exchange for an ice cold brew in your cooler 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'd be the guy who picks up your ball inside my fence line and sells it back to you at 1/2 retail price... or in exchange for an ice cold brew in your cooler 🤣.

Tell me again how often I hit my ball OB.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A few years back I met this lovely old couple at the local pancake house. They lived on the 2nd hole of what is now my home course. Neither one played golf. The way their house sat they caught a lot of tee balls from the dog leg 2nd hole. I remember she asked me to come over one day and get some " golf balls that they had found" Turned out to be 2- 5 gallon buckets full. They used to sit in their yard and drink Tea or lemonaide. Of course I stopped by and always got a lemonaide. Sometimes I would stop by and chat. One day we were in their backyard which was wooded and the old gentleman hollered "incoming" as a ball hit. He grabbed a rusty 5 iron sitting by the tree and said "watch and listen"  as he punched the 5 iron out in the fairway closer to the green. Usually the player would look horrified that they had hit someones house. The old guy with a straight face would say "that ball hit up there at the top of the trees and kicked out there" They got a kick out of that. And then they would offer the whole 4 some a drink. They both passed some 10 years ago now within weeks of each other.

Another story that is funny. One Sunday at the Hackler Course a bud and mine were teamed up with a Canadian couple. He was a retired OPP Police Officer and her a retired school teacher. She was a real bubbly type person and he had a dry humor. This was when colored golf balls were coming out. She had 3 brand new in the sleeve orange Top-Flites. She was proud of them. On this one par 3 there are houses lining the hole. A guy was working in his yard and she hit her ball in the yard. We did yell fore. She asked this guy for her orange ball back. He told her in no uncertain terms she had hit the ball in his yard and it was now his property she was not getting it back. She shrugged and went to the cart and got another one and threw it at him. He said WTF? and she told him " anyone that is a big of a prick as you are needs two balls" and walked off. He husband cracked us up too he said "that guy ought not to have pissed her off" By then me and my bud were rolling on the ground laughing. Those people around that course are mostly retired college people since the course is owned by Coastal Carolina University and they are stuffy and feel entitled. Personally I have not played there in years.

Note--- The name of the course was changed from Quail Creek to the Hackler course some years ago. And it is Hackler not Hacker--- It is named in honor of General Hackler who was commanding officer of MBAFB for some time. He did a lot for golf in this area after his retirement and is quite revered in golf circles around here. Man if some of the Tourons refer to it as The HACKER course they will get roasted by locals like me in the know. A lot of us locals respect him not only for golf acheivements in our area but his lifelong service to our country as well. He was on the board of my old home course Indian Wells for years until they sold out to a corporate golf group and became semi private

G

16 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I had the opportunity when I moved to TN. My wife thought it would be a good idea being I loved golf so much. I told her no way and questioned her as follows:

Do you want to wake up at 5:30 am to the sound of mowers and blowers when you are retired? If you managed to sleep through that do you want to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to the sound of people cursing about the poor drive or missed putt? Do you want people tramping through the yard looking for their ball? Do you want to have to replace, siding, windows or roofing from someone inconsiderate who damaged something and didn't leave contact info? Would you like a net put up to protect the property and now ruin your view? What would the value of the house drop to if the course closed and a developer came in and put in more houses and there was no zoning restrictions?

We purchase 2 miles from the course! I have a lot more property than I could get if I purchased on on a course. Six acres and neighbors aren't on top of each other.   

Actually the course next to mine closed and sold the land to developers and there was no zoning restrictions. Now you have million dollar homes next to single and double wide pre fab homes. Home property values dropped.     

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had the opportunity when I moved to TN. My wife thought it would be a good idea being I loved golf so much. I told her no way and questioned her as follows:

Do you want to wake up at 5:30 am to the sound of mowers and blowers when you are retired? If you managed to sleep through that do you want to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to the sound of people cursing about the poor drive or missed putt? Do you want people tramping through the yard looking for their ball? Do you want to have to replace, siding, windows or roofing from someone inconsiderate who damaged something and didn't leave contact info? Would you like a net put up to protect the property and now ruin your view? What would the value of the house drop to if the course closed and a developer came in and put in more houses and there was no zoning restrictions?

We purchase 2 miles from the course! I have a lot more property than I could get if I purchased on on a course. Six acres and neighbors aren't on top of each other.   

Actually the course next to mine closed and sold the land to developers and there was no zoning restrictions. Now you have million dollar homes next to single and double wide pre fab homes. Home property values dropped.     

these are my views on the subject, basically verbatim. 

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

We're a bunker away (50 yds) from the green on #1 at our summer Condo/Course - which, BTW is about 300+ yds from the whites - so a long driver would really have to hook the ball to get it into our front yard. The course is privately owned and is part of a larger marina/golf/recreational community owned by the same family - with a long waiting list and homes that generally sell before they hit MLS. So more than likely an unusual situation.

While we've only had one ball hit the roof valley of our house in the past 12 months (fixed by the Condo assoc.). At some point someone will hit the house/window - we expect that and are prepared for it.  On the other hand the convenience of access is a major benefit. I can't even imagine the number of miles we've put on our golf cart in the past 7 or 8 years. Want to run out in the evening and play 4 or 5 holes? Yep we can do that. Or run to the driving range or practice holes - again just a few minutes by golf cart . Thunderstorm running through? No problem you can run home til it passes through.

There is a pretty hefty price difference (30-40%) between the course facing properties and the ones across the street. The obvious benefit of the course view is just that, the down side is the exposure to errant golf balls.. The street side - lower cost, no view and no golf balls. 

Again we're in a unique situation so like any other mega-purchase lots of research needs to be done. In retrospect the one consideration I would definitely have given is the direction the house faces (in our case we didn't have a choice). We're on a links style course (very few trees) with the majority of the windows facing west - it's gets pretty warm in those rooms - even with the A/C on.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart