TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

21 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Wife daughter and I (sons not with us this weekend) went over to my brothers in laws yesterday. They live in a really nice lake in Rhode Island now. Daughter had a blast riding the boat and driving!

85ECE5C0-5158-4476-A0F7-016EFD0CB4FA.jpeg.343abeaa0ab1d8f9688c945cad657737.jpegAF2E7770-C077-4DF7-B7AB-C859845551A8.jpeg.a9bcbba0ffea26d09f69f81c330eb951.jpeg19444357-AC6F-42A7-B0B3-662744E4FC11.jpeg.c39f827583e6594fde98d995b9741e9d.jpegF85FA5BA-8EBD-477F-8736-CDB3C9AADE57.jpeg.6d29b6a68ec867b747225eb09545be9c.jpeg

also set up some of the beard products I’ve been making, got a couple samples to my barber and friends if anyone is interested in trying out let me know!

86D8F8A4-E1FE-41BD-8805-6C99B3F5A2B9.jpeg.bcfacb2fb3dd5050b93c115cdd0387e2.jpegDE489B7C-FE61-47D3-AD24-1FECE520885C.jpeg.e7dabfed90f0fcfb1aae0c5a99708038.jpeg

4F903CE8-BAE8-46AD-97D0-1A3025935D14.jpeg

It looks like a good time to be out on the water and like it was a good time. I also think it's cool you're working to get your beard products out there, could be a good business to get in to. 

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Hey I do not mess with some of the newer stuff scared to. Some of it looks so delecate. 

For the record. I consider you an experienced club builder.  You were probably building clubs before many on here were walking 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

For the record. I consider you an experienced club builder.  You were probably building clubs before many on here were walking 😬

Thanks I am now 64 and started messing with them putting on grips and rewinding persimmon woods when I was around 13 or so. Love the mechanical aspects of it. I was lucky learned from some real craftsmen in the day Harold Dale in Charlotte NC and Ike Dale in Kanapolis NC. LOL and this is the truth I learned to reshaft in self defense--- I had a bad temper when I was coming up and broke a lot of clubs figured out I could reshaft cheaper than I could pay someone. I was the same way with cars and machinery watched and observed and tried things----- My fun racing was not how many wins but how much different stuff I could come up with. I have been accused of over engineering myself in both golf and racing but it is fun--- If you had went behind my race shop you could see a pile of failures--- Now days I have 2 full staff bags full of engineering golf failures--- For me I always have and still do chalk it up to a "learning curve"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looks like a good time to be out on the water and like it was a good time. I also think it's cool you're working to get your beard products out there, could be a good business to get in to. 

Hmm might presuade me to grow my beard out---- LOL when I got hurt I went ahead and grew my hair out and it is now longer than shoulder length. I had let my beard grow too. Looked like Grizzly Adams. John Daly was palaying a Senior event one day with his full beard etc. I stuck my foot in my mouth here helped along I will admit by Oxy. I remarked he looked stupid with that beard. My wife of 33 years who is a saint never has said any thing about nothing I do remarked " he does not look more stupid than you do with your beard." Next day I shaved it all off but did grow my Fu back out.

I had more or less worn my hair long ever since getting out of the Navy----- I had cut it in 09 when I got into the towing business because we worked with 3 different Police agencies on a daily basis. No one persuaded me I did it on my own to present a more professional appearance for the first time in my life I cared about that. When I went with the scrap company the owner likes short hair. I had let it grow some and the owner would make little snide remarks when I let it grow some. I would get it cut back some to keep him quiet. 2 weeks ago when it became official I went in to turn in company property he asked if I forgot where the barber shop was. I basically told him to screw himself I did not work for him or anyone else anymore I was retired and partially disabled. Yep I have always marched to the beat of my own drum right or wrong and could care less what someone says. Now being retired that attitude has tripled--- I have turned down jobs in the past because of people wanted me to cut my hair. 

But yeah I may grow the beard out and with help of those products can maintain it better--- Besides it would be helping a fellow Spy which is always a good thing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

48 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Hmm might presuade me to grow my beard out---- LOL when I got hurt I went ahead and grew my hair out and it is now longer than shoulder length. I had let my beard grow too. Looked like Grizzly Adams. John Daly was palaying a Senior event one day with his full beard etc. I stuck my foot in my mouth here helped along I will admit by Oxy. I remarked he looked stupid with that beard. My wife of 33 years who is a saint never has said any thing about nothing I do remarked " he does not look more stupid than you do with your beard." Next day I shaved it all off but did grow my Fu back out.

I had more or less worn my hair long ever since getting out of the Navy----- I had cut it in 09 when I got into the towing business because we worked with 3 different Police agencies on a daily basis. No one persuaded me I did it on my own to present a more professional appearance for the first time in my life I cared about that. When I went with the scrap company the owner likes short hair. I had let it grow some and the owner would make little snide remarks when I let it grow some. I would get it cut back some to keep him quiet. 2 weeks ago when it became official I went in to turn in company property he asked if I forgot where the barber shop was. I basically told him to screw himself I did not work for him or anyone else anymore I was retired and partially disabled. Yep I have always marched to the beat of my own drum right or wrong and could care less what someone says. Now being retired that attitude has tripled--- I have turned down jobs in the past because of people wanted me to cut my hair. 

But yeah I may grow the beard out and with help of those products can maintain it better--- Besides it would be helping a fellow Spy which is always a good thing

Nothing crazy figure if I could make it why not sell some?! Waiting on some feedback from the barbers see what folks think about it. We shall see! IMO the logo is legit as hell lol, more proud of that than anything!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

41 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Nothing crazy figure if I could make it why not sell some?! Waiting on some feedback from the barbers see what folks think about it. We shall see! IMO the logo is legit as hell lol, more proud of that than anything!

I can relate to the logo and name because I am Ex Navy

G

who here has switched to left hand low for putting?

shotscope is showing me that i’m not a good putter and just messing around in my living room, the stroke feels much more stable using left hand low 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

25 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

shotscope is showing me that i’m not a good putter and just messing around in my living room, the stroke feels much more stable using left hand low 

I do not but go with Whatever feels stable. I have point finger down and had that exact feeling when I started to do it. Was a game changer and I think if you have that feeling roll with it see what happens 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

I do not but go with Whatever feels stable. I have point finger down and had that exact feeling when I started to do it. Was a game changer and I think if you have that feeling roll with it see what happens 

yeah i think i’ll give it a test run when i get out later this week. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Holy Spectrum.......my internet went out AGAIN. 4th time in 2 weeks? Maybe more. So I called the support person and told her I rebooted both the modem and the router. Her comment. "what do you mean both modem and router"? I explained the set up (which we received last year when we moved in) and that I had 2 service guys out in the past couple of weeks trying to fix it. She said we haven't  used that setup/type of equipment in quite a while - "you said they were in the house and they didn't update your equipment"? 🤬 

Supposedly, the new router is arriving today. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

47 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Holy Spectrum.......my internet went out AGAIN. 4th time in 2 weeks? Maybe more. So I called the support person and told her I rebooted both the modem and the router. Her comment. "what do you mean both modem and router"? I explained the set up (which we received last year when we moved in) and that I had 2 service guys out in the past couple of weeks trying to fix it. She said we haven't  used that setup/type of equipment in quite a while - "you said they were in the house and they didn't update your equipment"? 🤬 

Hmmm.  Just makes me think about the comments about going to get fit for clubs.  Maybe you should have done research and not expect that every technician is good and will do the right thing.  Or you could have bought a new modem and router to see if they performed better.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

44 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I dealt with that with Comcast/Xfinity in the spring. I had ordered WiFi extender pods due to everyone being at home and in class or working remote to increase coverage, and things kept dropping out. I must've called 3-4 times and finally got someone with a clue. Within 5 mins she was like "why on earth do you have that old modem? It's not compatible with the extenders, no one even noticed that??" 2 hours later I had a new modem and no issues since.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Or you could have bought a new modem and router to see if they performed better.    

Spectrum cable and internet is included in our HOA and they supply the equipment, so I'm a captive audience. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Spectrum cable and internet is included in our HOA and they supply the equipment, so I'm a captive audience. 

Just because they supply it doesn't mean you have to use it mate. I got rid of their crap and bought my own modem and router.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

15 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

I tried it for a short while about 3 years ago--- I did ok with it using a Bulls Eye putter but was not comfortable with anything else--- I ended up going with a claw type grip which feels good to me. But I say if it feels good to you do it

G

Has anyone played a par 4 hole regularly that you have a very low probability of reaching in 2?

Normally, most would say if you can't reach it in 2, then you are playing tees that are too long. But its just one single hole at my home course. Plays 415 from the blues or whites, they play from the same location usually. Its a pretty strong dogleg right. Hit anything on the left side and you either have a really long 2nd shot from the rough, or if you are a big hitter, you just hit the ball into the road. Hit the ball down the middle of the fairway and you still have a long second shot, or if you are a big hitter, you are through the fairway into the trees. If you can play a fade, that is optimal, but a slight miss right (just off the fairway) and you have no angle for your second shot into the green unless you can hit a big fade on command with your irons. Slice it off the tee and you have hit a house. 

In all the times i have played, i have only seen a few times where someone has actually successfully landed on the green in 2. The one guy i remember, he is close to scratch and is a big hitter. He aims directly toward the houses on the right side, and hits a high ball that flies over the houses, over the trees and lands in the fairway. He is essentially taking the direct line towards the hole. But any low mishit is breaking windows on that line. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

We had Time Warner which is now Spectrum for a while. Did away with it and went to HTC which is a local company and have had no problems since. As far as TV we have been with Direct TV ever since they came out. LOL about 5 years ago we got a new big screen TV and the system would not work. DTV sent a guy out who asked how long had we had that equipment? I told him since 95 or so. When we moved down here I pulled all our equipment out of the house in Gaffney and brought it down here and installed it. Had to get DTV to aim the dish which they did and the guy told me they could have put in new equipment at no charge and got the old stuff from Gaffney. Anyhow the guy that came here last time said Good Lord!!! that mess is old. They came back the next day with 3 guys and put in new stuff plus relocated the dish at no charge. He told me we had been due at no charge updated equipment for 3 times then. I told him technically we were Dinosaurs that if stuff worked we did not complain or mess with it. 

G

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Has anyone played a par 4 hole regularly that you have a very low probability of reaching in 2?

Normally, most would say if you can't reach it in 2, then you are playing tees that are too long. But its just one single hole at my home course. Plays 415 from the blues or whites, they play from the same location usually. Its a pretty strong dogleg right. Hit anything on the left side and you either have a really long 2nd shot from the rough, or if you are a big hitter, you just hit the ball into the road. Hit the ball down the middle of the fairway and you still have a long second shot, or if you are a big hitter, you are through the fairway into the trees. If you can play a fade, that is optimal, but a slight miss right (just off the fairway) and you have no angle for your second shot into the green unless you can hit a big fade on command with your irons. Slice it off the tee and you have hit a house. 

In all the times i have played, i have only seen a few times where someone has actually successfully landed on the green in 2. The one guy i remember, he is close to scratch and is a big hitter. He aims directly toward the houses on the right side, and hits a high ball that flies over the houses, over the trees and lands in the fairway. He is essentially taking the direct line towards the hole. But any low mishit is breaking windows on that line. 

let's assume a center cut tee shot.

how far is it to the landing area to clear the corner, and then what is the distance on the approach shot?

8 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

let's assume a center cut tee shot.

how far is it to the landing area to clear the corner, and then what is the distance on the approach shot?

I think you are the one guy that would be fine on this hole as long as you don't hit the ball crooked off the tee.

Besides the over the house shot (right of the trees on the right side of the picture), the perfect shot is a fade about 250, which leaves you about 165, then you are in good shape. The problem becomes if you hit it 250 but not on the line you intend, your angles to the green get dicey. 

Why I think you would be ok is that you could hit an iron off the tee down the middle about 220 and then have about a 200 yard approach shot which is a short iron for you. For guys that can be hitting 200 plus yard approach shots with short to mid irons accurately, then its not as difficult of a hole. 

Photo of Hole 7

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

32 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Hole 3 at blue mash is almost as long as a par 5. A normal drive for most people means long club into the green that’s protected a little. A really goo drive it’s mid iron in. Not impossible but hard. I’m usually on the front edge or off to the right 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I think you are the one guy that would be fine on this hole as long as you don't hit the ball crooked off the tee.

Besides the over the house shot (right of the trees on the right side of the picture), the perfect shot is a fade about 250, which leaves you about 165, then you are in good shape. The problem becomes if you hit it 250 but not on the line you intend, your angles to the green get dicey. 

Why I think you would be ok is that you could hit an iron off the tee down the middle about 220 and then have about a 200 yard approach shot which is a short iron for you. For guys that can be hitting 200 plus yard approach shots with short to mid irons accurately, then its not as difficult of a hole. 

Photo of Hole 7

so 220 clears the corner, and leaves 200 in to the green? and 250 that follows the shape of the hole is the ideal shot?

definitely sounds like a tough hole.

21 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

so 220 clears the corner, and leaves 200 in to the green? and 250 that follows the shape of the hole is the ideal shot?

definitely sounds like a tough hole.

If you can hit it to that black dot (about 220 out), you have about 200 left to the hole. If hit on that line towards the black dot but too far, you are generally ok, but could get a sidehill lie in the rough. 

What the tricky part if you want to hit the fade is that if you are slightly off the fairway to the right, then you can get into a situation where you don't have a great angle to the hole. And then 15 yards right of the righthand edge of the fairway gets you into the houses. 

2021-10-19_11-17-15.jpg.bdec9f68f9e911f69d6c78029c649973.jpg

Updated 07/15/2022

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

If you can hit it to that black dot (about 220 out), you have about 200 left to the hole. If hit on that line towards the black dot but too far, you are generally ok, but could get a sidehill lie in the rough. 

What the tricky part if you want to hit the fade is that if you are slightly off the fairway to the right, then you can get into a situation where you don't have a great angle to the hole. And then 15 yards right of the righthand edge of the fairway gets you into the houses. 

2021-10-19_11-17-15.jpg.bdec9f68f9e911f69d6c78029c649973.jpg

Hit it further off the and it’s a mid to short iron in depending on hole location.  It if 220 is all somebody has then like you mentioned in the initial post the person is probably playing the wrong tees for the course 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

220 then 200 is a long iron/hybrid into the green.  It is long but not impossible.  What is the course and hole number so,I can look on google earth.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Hit it further off the and it’s a mid to short iron in depending on hole location.  It if 220 is all somebody has then like you mentioned in the initial post the person is probably playing the wrong tees for the course 

If you hit it further than 220 towards that black dot that i put on the picture, then you are in the rough, and the rough is not as nice as it looks in that picture. 

Updated 07/15/2022

@cnosil - here is the google view

image.png.082094ffef65bccc3de9537322bd712f.png

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Photo of Hole 7

That’s a beautiful track atleast

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

@cnosil - here is the google view

image.png.082094ffef65bccc3de9537322bd712f.png

Definitely a touch hole.   I think your 220ish strategy off the tee into the circle I drew below is the right play.  Leaves about 200 into the hole.   About all you have if you say long it dead.  

image.png.96ba7a189486a85100934717ff469cb9.png

@dlow206 @cnosil @RickyBobby_PR 

there seems to be some room right of that black dot before you get to the trees. 

what about a cut with a 230 club starting at that dot? could cut down the approach by 10-30 yards depending where the pin is. 

9 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

@dlow206 @cnosil @RickyBobby_PR 

there seems to be some room right of that black dot before you get to the trees. 

what about a cut with a 230 club starting at that dot? could cut down the approach by 10-30 yards depending where the pin is. 

if you naturally hit a cut then that works.   There is a decent amount of room before the curve in the fairway so tee shot isn't impossible it just leaves a long shot.  Be happy with par but avoid worse than bogey.