TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I got the Covid Booster today. Our community had setup the shots - we were in and out in 25 min and that included the wait after. 

That’s great!  We got our Boosters last Monday, kicked our butts for a day and we were good to go!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

23 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s great!  We got our Boosters last Monday, kicked our butts for a day and we were good to go!

Nothing more than a slightly sore arm for me but my wife got knocked down for the day. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Illinois sucks can’t find a ride anywhere and who doesn’t have Lyft or Uber along I80??

So is the transmission/truck toast?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Yea goes into gear for all of 30 seconds I finally got a shop to take it but won’t get to it for a week. Driving home now in a uhaul then flying out to get it.

that really sucks, what a headache. sell it to the shop and get something new. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sounds like a computer issue, as amazing as the technology is on these newest vehicles with the convenience of power and economy, I sure miss the days of being able to diagnose and repair the equipment myself with a set of wrenches, sockets, and a big hammer.

I miss that crap too no codes came up at all when this happened and I can hear the gears grinding it sounds like crap

5 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

that really sucks, what a headache. sell it to the shop and get something new. 

I wish they would buy it I may try to trade it in when It’s done but it’s pretty customized for me and it would cost me a lot to get one done the same way

Day 2 post surgery for SWMBO going painfully slow but okay for now.  Meanwhile I got more steroid injections in my lower back today.  So back is stiff and I am moving around very carefully.  I think I know why Atty’s sue for pain and suffering….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 11/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, EasyPutter said:

Sounds like a computer issue, as amazing as the technology is on these newest vehicles with the convenience of power and economy, I sure miss the days of being able to diagnose and repair the equipment myself with a set of wrenches, sockets, and a big hammer.

Kinda like I told my boss when he put me in the brand new at the time 2015 Mack--- I was in the oldest truck in the fleet ( 2002 Mack) and ran the most miles on a daily basis. That new Mack had 9 different computers in it and it was a manual shift ( 10 speed) they tell me the automatics have 11 different computers. I told him if something went wrong I could not maybe redneck engineer and get it in. The truck I had when I got hurt was a 2018 Mack same set up. Really I did not have too many problems with either one. I had read up on them and had done research on the net. I did outwit the computer on the 2018 one time. Some kind of glitch put it in derate limiting the speed to 35MPH. I unhooked the speedo sensor and drove it back with no speedo. The Mack place replaced several sensors and I never had a problem again. The big boss got a kick out of that last one told someone he had a redneck engineer truck driver that could out wit a computer

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Day 2 post surgery for SWMBO going painfully slow but okay for now.  Meanwhile I got more steroid injections in my lower back today.  So back is stiff and I am moving around very carefully.  I think I know why Atty’s sue for pain and suffering….

Yeah I know darn well why attys sue for pain and suffering--- and I can certainally relate to being stiff and moving slowly but I am doing better than a year ago. It will take time to heal especially at our age

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yeah I know darn well why attys sue for pain and suffering--- and I can certainally relate to being stiff and moving slowly but I am doing better than a year ago. It will take time to heal especially at our age

Thanks for words of comfort Stu. I know you have had your share of discomfort.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Anyone clicked this yet?

image.png.ce512875326f00e51b30a6d930e1755b.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone clicked this yet?

image.png.ce512875326f00e51b30a6d930e1755b.png

Doesn’t show up when I browse the forums. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don’t get it either.

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It's probably targeted to those of us who simply cannot get enough golf analytics 🤣.  And, before you ask, the answer is an emphatic no.

28 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

They had one guy scheduled to blow off the greens, tee boxes and such this morning. It was actually my son. Since he woke up with a 101 fever this morning, I took on the task and filled in for him. 

Let me tell you... those commercial backpack blowers weigh a ton. Picking it up out of the bed of the maintenance cart 25 times and putting it on takes a toll on this old guy. It was also a balmy 34 degrees this morning. Got done in 4 hours, went home took a shower and fell asleep on the couch. I was planning on mowing the back lawn at the house today but that didn't happen.

I hope your son gets to feeling better soon. 

That backpack blower sounds brutal, I can't say I blame you for not getting out and mowing today. Hopefully you aren't too sore from the workout it gave you. 

12 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I hope your son gets to feeling better soon. 

That backpack blower sounds brutal, I can't say I blame you for not getting out and mowing today. Hopefully you aren't too sore from the workout it gave you. 

Luckily not Covid. He is still hungry, can taste and smell. Just a bad cold and fever. 

Not sore. I'm ready to golf tomorrow!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Elbow has been feeling a little bit better and figured finally try the Titleist T300 irons.  For 2 years OEMS have been going to a local range, Teaching facility for fittings charging $25 for the 1/2 hour.  I stopped by to sign up for Titleist and was told they no longer had Titleist they now have fittings at a different area charging $100 per pop.

I’m not sure why they did this as Callaway, Cobra, Taylor Made, PXG, Tour Edge still have the Fitting Days for the $25.

I’m thinking it may be time to try PXG.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Looked all around my MGS access and cannot find that feature.  Higher level access perhaps?

No idea but I haven't seen it since and that's just fine with me 👍.

We're loving how great the courses are looking here in Yuma but the over-seeded fairways and aprons are killing distance 😬.  Our group was discussing how hard reaching a handful of holes, that are typically gettable for some of us, are at present.  Also that absolutely no one could convince us that this turf condition would reduce distance averages on tour.  Over the course of 18 holes, the white tees felt like we were playing another par 4.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

I really wish that I had my remodeling done just found a job opening in a state I would really love to move to, but it’s just not feasible right now 

Well, that leaves me hanging...  😏

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, cnosil said:

I don't have it either - using Chrome/Windows on a desktop. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

firefighter job in central Montana as a hunter how could I not want to move there

Nice, but short golf season... @fixyurdivot left for Yuma last month.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Short golf season but longer hunting season so it would be a coin toss. We don’t have the longest golf season in PA all the time 

I’m in for longer hunting season!

Dogs will be happy!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I play rounds with guys of various handicaps, from 5 to 25. I have noticed that whenever someone pulls 3 wood off the fairway on a par 5, it rarely ends up being a good shot or let alone a decent shot. Usually topped, thin, or huge push/pull. Even the guys on the lower end of the range this happens almost every time. Probably see 1/15 shots being what would be considered a good shot. I'm not even talking about making it on the green, just something that is solidly struck going in the direction of the intended target. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4