TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

9 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Spoke with my son tonight. He and his girlfriend are coming home for Christmas. We discussed our meals for Christmas Eve and Christmas. Sushi on Christmas Eve and prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and roasted carrots, oh and salad with crab meat on Christmas. And will continue our tradition of a shot of tequila on Christmas morning. 😄

I'm jealous...I can't really do a red meat for the holidays.  I want my beef still mooing, but the wife wants it well done, so a family style prime rib is out.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

55 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm jealous...I can't really do a red meat for the holidays.  I want my beef still mooing, but the wife wants it well done, so a family style prime rib is out.

Ouch that sucks. You could always do a prime rib then take the end cut off for her and place it under the broiler for a few minutes to fully cook it

Just now, tommc23 said:

Ouch that sucks. You could always do a prime rib then take the end cut off for her and place it under the broiler for a few minutes to fully cook it

Yeah, tried that.  She finds the rare-medium rare quality of mine off-putting to the point that it hurts her appetite.  Bummer I know, I smoke a mean prime rib too.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, tried that.  She finds the rare-medium rare quality of mine off-putting to the point that it hurts her appetite.  Bummer I know, I smoke a mean prime rib too.

Guess you don’t eat steak much then which stinks. I don’t know what else to tell ya then.

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Guess you don’t eat steak much then which stinks. I don’t know what else to tell ya then.

Ha...I eat plenty of steak since it's a single serving cut if you know what I mean.  My wife and I are on very different ends of the dietary spectrum so I get plenty of red meat in when she's decided she's done with her calories for the day.  Sounds funny but we make it work, I'm always tracking protein so I can get stronger/faster/drive the ball farther...

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

... and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it a few times before plating it.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Pasco WA is the city across the Columbia River from where I live in Richland WA... one of the TriCities along with Kennewick.  The Pasco Police Department posts some hilarious Facebook posts and a fun to follow.  Today's post is typical of their humor.   🤣

HEROIC GUARDRAIL SACRIFICES ITSELF! Actually, if you live anywhere near Sylvester/ Road 60, you are aware that the Pasco PD routinely gets complaints of speeding on the long, straight section of Sylvester between Roads 32-56, and that Sylvester makes a hard right northbound to become Road 60.
Throughout the years, a noble order of guardrails has stood on the far side of Road 60, facing constant peril in their ongoing quest to protect the house beyond the guardrail. The way is marked with reduced speed limits, arrows, and reflective markings, but still, as time goes by, one after another guardrail pays the ultimate price and a new one arrives to take its rightful place.
We regret to report that the end of 2021 has resulted in yet another heroic and stoic guardrail getting mangled. It happened at about 1 AM Thursday morning when a blue Ram pickup attacked the guardrail without provocation. The battle was epic but only lasted an instant. The guardrail was uprooted and dragged into the yard, but it still managed to stop its foe short of the goal. The house stands triumphant.
Officers arrived to find the Ram's driver still seated in the pickup, unharmed. After a short investigation, the 28-year-old Pasco male was arrested for DUI and booked into Franklin County Jail.
The guardrail's friend of many years, the streetlight, was also struck down in his prime during this battle. Both the guardrail and streetlight will be remembered at a memorial service in the near future, at a metal recycling facility to be named later.
#dontdrinkanddrive #dontdriveimpaired #designateddrivers #cominginhot #rambynamerambynature #nobleguardrail #noblestreetlight

image0.jpeg.467c047c58acb95a846283f3e9d236bb.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Pasco WA is the city across the Columbia River from where I live in Richland WA... one of the TriCities along with Kennewick.  The Pasco Police Department posts some hilarious Facebook posts and a fun to follow.  Today's post is typical of their humor.   🤣

HEROIC GUARDRAIL SACRIFICES ITSELF! Actually, if you live anywhere near Sylvester/ Road 60, you are aware that the Pasco PD routinely gets complaints of speeding on the long, straight section of Sylvester between Roads 32-56, and that Sylvester makes a hard right northbound to become Road 60.
Throughout the years, a noble order of guardrails has stood on the far side of Road 60, facing constant peril in their ongoing quest to protect the house beyond the guardrail. The way is marked with reduced speed limits, arrows, and reflective markings, but still, as time goes by, one after another guardrail pays the ultimate price and a new one arrives to take its rightful place.
We regret to report that the end of 2021 has resulted in yet another heroic and stoic guardrail getting mangled. It happened at about 1 AM Thursday morning when a blue Ram pickup attacked the guardrail without provocation. The battle was epic but only lasted an instant. The guardrail was uprooted and dragged into the yard, but it still managed to stop its foe short of the goal. The house stands triumphant.
Officers arrived to find the Ram's driver still seated in the pickup, unharmed. After a short investigation, the 28-year-old Pasco male was arrested for DUI and booked into Franklin County Jail.
The guardrail's friend of many years, the streetlight, was also struck down in his prime during this battle. Both the guardrail and streetlight will be remembered at a memorial service in the near future, at a metal recycling facility to be named later.
#dontdrinkanddrive #dontdriveimpaired #designateddrivers #cominginhot #rambynamerambynature #nobleguardrail #noblestreetlight

image0.jpeg.467c047c58acb95a846283f3e9d236bb.jpeg

Some departments have on point social media workers

Merry Christmas to all my fellow spies!

Merry Christmas to all Spies!! 
@yellowball came to visit 👍461A2049-0047-48DE-A850-7B1724946CAF.jpeg.6590f018f4c5a0f359b14bc2519136e4.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 12/24/2021 at 9:06 AM, MattF said:

Co-worker that I have close contact with tested positive to 2 covid tests. I took 2 last night, both negative. Still have the flu from my son but getting better.

Man that sucks this time of year. Get better soon! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 12/24/2021 at 9:06 AM, MattF said:

Co-worker that I have close contact with tested positive to 2 covid tests. I took 2 last night, both negative. Still have the flu from my son but getting better.

Hope you feel better soon. We’re all quarantining here due to my daughter having Covid. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Little surprise from the wife…

2B8A0074-4B06-4749-B850-7A62CA149B03.jpeg.374b91680297fad5e25ab45556c7130b.jpeg

Last night, my wife and I watched a Jeff Dunham special of his tour around the globe... really good.  We debated which character was the best.  She likes Walter (mostly because he reminds her of our good friend and former neighbor in WA) and I like Achmed, though must admit Walter is a really close second.  Who is your favorite?

Jeff Dunham tour 2019: Ventriloquist to bring new dummy to NKY show

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Last night, my wife and I watched a Jeff Dunham special of his tour around the globe... really good.  We debated which character was the best.  She likes Walter (mostly because he reminds her of our good friend and former neighbor in WA) and I like Achmed, though must admit Walter is a really close second.  Who is your favorite?

Peanut 

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That’s a tough question, Walter #1 probably because he’s my age group (he may be younger) with Peanut close 2nd.

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Peanut, especially when he's interacting with Jose.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s a tough question, Walter #1 probably because he’s my age group (he may be younger) with Peanut close 2nd.

Feel bad leaving Achmed out……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Spent 4 hours yesterday afternoon and 5 hours today removing my old golf green. I thought it would take another day but I got it finished. It was 1-1/2 inch thick turf that was sand filled. I had to cut it into 2 foot by 12 foot sections and drag it off into the woods. Eventually it will get buried. The green was 24' wide by 30' deep. I am impressed with the sub base. I put that in about 15 years ago and it's still in excellent condition. Now that the base is so good the delema is in what to do next. Thinking about going to natural grass. 

IMG_1896.jpg.5c43168b6d6f23d271466fb3d8dabf3c.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Spent 4 hours yesterday afternoon and 5 hours today removing my old golf green. I thought it would take another day but I got it finished. It was 1-1/2 inch thick turf that was sand filled. I had to cut it into 2 foot by 12 foot sections and drag it off into the woods. Eventually it will get buried. The green was 24' wide by 30' deep. I am impressed with the sub base. I put that in about 15 years ago and it's still in excellent condition. Now that the base is so good the delema is in what to do next. Thinking about going to natural grass. 

IMG_1896.jpg.5c43168b6d6f23d271466fb3d8dabf3c.jpg

My vote is natural grass but I don’t have to pay or maintain it. 
Good luck whatever you decide.

Rick

Left Hand, 

@Tom the Golf Nut are you redoing it? If you are and go with natural grass I hope you have a lot of time and the right $$ mower for it. If not, I'd go with synthetic.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I must have missed it, but what was the reason for taking out the turf, was it worn out in some way?  I am interested to know if this is a project in my future since mine has been in place since 2009.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

7 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I must have missed it, but what was the reason for taking out the turf, was it worn out in some way?  I am interested to know if this is a project in my future since mine has been in place since 2009.

Since it was a true sand filled green it was attacked by anything that would grow. It's in a low area with a lot of trees around. The trees weren't close but did block airflow. Weeds would come up and I would pull them. A bird would dump onit and the seeds would find its way into the green and grow something. Mold would take hold and I would spray it with mold killer. Note that mold killer didn't work. Last year I even used a power washer held low and used the water jet to cut under any mold growth. That took so long working an inch at a time. It started to look better but over the years the sand compacted and hitting a ball in from 100 yards was like hitting concrete. The ball would bounce off. I finally gave up on it. Note that this was 1-1/2 "thick turf designed to accept 150 yard shots. So it wasn't just a thin putting green.

Since the base was built like a real green with drainage underneath and the cups have underground drainage tubes that lead out from under the green I think I can pull off real grass. I just need to add a sand layer on top of the crusher stone layer. I have 5 mowers so I'll try to modify one or purchase a used reel mower. I probably can get the seed from my country club. So it will be the same grass type as what I normaly play on. It was always meant to be a target green with putting as a bonus. So even if I don't get it perfect for putting its OK.  It's about the target practice for me.  I have 50 yard and 100 yard tee areas. I can actually hit 200 yards to the green but it would be blind hitting due the property contours. The property starts with a gradual climb, then flattens out, then a bit more than gradual decline to a flat area where the green is. From flat to flat is 100 yards and thats a great distance to work on target golf. At 720 sq/ft anything over 100 yards is wishful thinking anyway.

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The only water feature you'll see will occur after a few beers. To far to walk back to the house! 🤣

Sounds like the Bocce Golf Guys!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Monkey wrench.....Neighbor just called. He saw me rip up the green. He wants to know if I'd sell him 1-1/2 acres of my property that's behind his. Yup that's where the green is.  My daughter is in college so that would help a lot.

Plan B. Put a putting green in the backyard which is much closer to the house. Still have 1-1/2 acres in the back yard. Pick an area, dig down a few inches. Take the crusher run material from the other green for the base. Go synthetic that is not sand filled and designed for putting and chipping. 

Plan C. Forget about another green and drive 2 miles to the course or use the simulator and putting mat in the basement.

Plan D. My neighbor is a golfer too. Redo original green with sand and grass. Then use the future now his green as I always let him use mine. Then he can maintain it.

Complications and decisions. 

@Tom the Golf Nut  My vote is plan D and make it part of the handshake agreement that you can continue to use the green!  You get college tuition money and keep a target green at home all without having to maintain it   win-win-win!!  And you can suggest he should put in a bunker too!!  😄

Mine is filled with granules not sand but stuff still tries to grow in it in the shadier areas.  Mostly moss but i use a copper solution and it kills it off so I can sweep it away.  Under my granule filled turf is a rubber membrane which allows it to accept wedge shots without bouncing like concrete.  My limit is 65 yards though due to woods and the grade of the property in that direction dropping quickly.

Mine does have a water feature and a bridge and a lighthouse instead of a windmill and a gazebo....but those first two were negotiated so I could have the putting green, the last two were add ons!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.