TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

At least it was a Burner driver and it was probably time for an upgrade. 

But that does make me want crab legs. 

39 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

All the best on all fronts Jason!

Thanks Bill! She's still pretty tired this morning, I think the meds and seizure wore her out. 

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Come to Australia, you might accidently get killed!

When I 'm there visiting my daughter I usually run around barefoot.  Cane Toads only really come out at night or when raining, Brown snakes like dark quiet places, and the occasional Python only wants rodents.  Spiders stay near their nests, and Fruit Bats only like fruit.  So I feel quiet safe.  Oh, Did I mention the Crocs?   Not too worried about the freshies.  What am I missing Matt?   Dingo's and Roos stay away from people for the most part.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

1 hour ago, kardboard.kid said:

When I 'm there visiting my daughter I usually run around barefoot.  Cane Toads only really come out at night or when raining, Brown snakes like dark quiet places, and the occasional Python only wants rodents.  Spiders stay near their nests, and Fruit Bats only like fruit.  So I feel quiet safe.  Oh, Did I mention the Crocs?   Not too worried about the freshies.  What am I missing Matt?   Dingo's and Roos stay away from people for the most part.

Thylarctos plummetus...drop bears. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThEjd5m1Z2DPQO11z964U

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3L3LWfqpBecGltBNUE1X

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I saw that over on FB in one of the golf groups---- I can tell you if that had happened to me we would have had a crab boil that night

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just now, BIG STU said:

I saw that over on FB in one of the golf groups---- I can tell you if that had happened to me we would have had a crab boil that night

Got that right 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

Around here in coastal SC we have gators. Most of them if you leave them alone they will leave you alone. Snakes we have our usual amounts with the Cottonmouth moccasin being the most prominent. We also have copperheads and they come out at dark. I killed one 2 years ago around dusk out by the shop with a 1 iron no joke. One of my buds came by the next day and I showed him. He quipped well you used to be pretty good with a 1 iron.

Another problem we are starting to experience here is Coyotes--- They have shown up just up the road from us in Surfside Beach. They had gotten to be a problem in the doggie walk park. I think the city hired the round up guys there to exterminate them after they attacked and killed several small dogs. Supposedly a couple have been spotted in the Park we live in--- When we walk the dogs either one of us we are armed ( both of us have CWP permits) . I know back when I was working I have seen them in Myrtle Beach proper around the Airport going to work at like 3 AM. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Coyotes appeared this year on my course in the southeast corner of the City of Buffalo next to the suburb of West Seneca.  Nearby residents hear them at night and their activity catching deer and dogs have gone missing.  At only 3 miles away (and with sightings not far away in the neighborhoods) I keep an eye on my Corgis letting them out especially at night with all the spotlights on, specifically for that reason and I won't let one inside without the other with them, often standing on the deck as over-watch, safety in numbers as a perceived pack and all that.

Our little man the 12 year old terrier mix gets up with me around 4 AM every morning and wants to go out. So I gear him up in his harness and out we go but just in our yard. But trust me I am armed---- Tank the big guy the Frenchie he gets up with the wife about 8 AM and usually either the wife or I walk him. And yep she carries her Lady Smith. Hate to be that way but I am not taking any chances--- 2 years ago our other little terrier was attacked by a pit bull that knocked my wife down. Supposedly they are not allowed in the park but it is not enforced. Our Terrier later died. We sued the owner and won but he hauled butt to Florida. And now sadly since this is a transient area we are getting our share of trash here. Two nights ago some guy broke into someones house up in Surfside weilding an ax. He ended up not finding who he was looking for and took an ax to the cat which thankfully survived. The cops are looking for him. I know several of the county cops and they told us to be careful which we are. I told one if he came around here  I would call 911 after the fact and if I called no rush just bring the coroner and the clipboard

G

55 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Our little man the 12 year old terrier mix gets up with me around 4 AM every morning and wants to go out. So I gear him up in his harness and out we go but just in our yard. But trust me I am armed---- Tank the big guy the Frenchie he gets up with the wife about 8 AM and usually either the wife or I walk him. And yep she carries her Lady Smith. Hate to be that way but I am not taking any chances--- 2 years ago our other little terrier was attacked by a pit bull that knocked my wife down. Supposedly they are not allowed in the park but it is not enforced. Our Terrier later died. We sued the owner and won but he hauled butt to Florida. And now sadly since this is a transient area we are getting our share of trash here. Two nights ago some guy broke into someones house up in Surfside weilding an ax. He ended up not finding who he was looking for and took an ax to the cat which thankfully survived. The cops are looking for him. I know several of the county cops and they told us to be careful which we are. I told one if he came around here  I would call 911 after the fact and if I called no rush just bring the coroner and the clipboard

Currently, a hunting license is required to take coyotes, although other requirements, including bag limits, are next to nonexistent. Coyote hunting is legal pretty much year-round.  Also Ohio is Open Carry. 🙂

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

This HAS to have been from the courses I play! 😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, kardboard.kid said:

Currently, a hunting license is required to take coyotes, although other requirements, including bag limits, are next to nonexistent. Coyote hunting is legal pretty much year-round.  Also Ohio is Open Carry. 🙂

Basically Coyote hunting is wide open here in most instances--- A friend of mine in the Upstate of SC has like 100 acres and has some cattle--- He can kill at any time he has told me he has killed 3 this week. SC is now open carry as long as you have a CWP and the business is not posted as Concealed Weapons prohibited. Also some cities have ordinances prohibiting them at open events like parades etc.

G

A little background before I rant. With all the supplier issues going on work has decided on a schedule where we are on furlough for a week, work two weeks, furloughed for another two weeks, work two weeks, and then furloughed for one more before getting back to normal ( for now ). I have no complaints, they instituted a supplemental unemployment benefits (SUB) plan to go along with state unemployment. I'm still getting paid 80% plus got a raise last week.

My issue is dealing with the Unemployment Office. I just spent a freaking hour trying to verify my bank account information that should have already been in the system from the furlough last year. Error notification after error notification hounded me. They had me set up to receive a debit card instead. I finally got it to work and it's all good now after my lovely wife told me to try on the computer instead of my phone. 

Sorry to rant, I'd normally go outside and swing a club or did something to distract myself, but it's dark and 25 degrees outside.

I am very thankful for the company taking care of us right now. 

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

A little background before I rant. With all the supplier issues going on work has decided on a schedule where we are on furlough for a week, work two weeks, furloughed for another two weeks, work two weeks, and then furloughed for one more before getting back to normal ( for now ). I have no complaints, they instituted a supplemental unemployment benefits (SUB) plan to go along with state unemployment. I'm still getting paid 80% plus got a raise last week.

My issue is dealing with the Unemployment Office. I just spent a freaking hour trying to verify my bank account information that should have already been in the system from the furlough last year. Error notification after error notification hounded me. They had me set up to receive a debit card instead. I finally got it to work and it's all good now after my lovely wife told me to try on the computer instead of my phone. 

Sorry to rant, I'd normally go outside and swing a club or did something to distract myself, but it's dark and 25 degrees outside.

Hang in there Grasshopper!!  You’ve had a tough stretch and you’ll get thru it.  👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate the encouragement. It's been a rough patch, but we'll make it through. 

Yup, you will.  You’ve got a good support system, you’ll be fine.  It’s good to vent, clears your mind!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Things will get better soon.  Glad you did your rant, but 25º sounds pretty warm... I would have swung a club!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Things will get better soon.  Glad you did your rant, but 25º sounds pretty warm... I would have swung a club!!  😂

I did spend a little time on the kitchen getting a feel of transitioning to the lead side and allowing the club to drop and shallow. 

I did spend a little time on the kitchen getting a feel of transitioning to the lead side and allowing the club to drop and shallow. 

I've got a couple of places in the house that I can swing a club.  Occasionally, I get a little carried away.  I've broken  picture glass, dinged some walls, and knocked trim off a trunk so I advise you to be careful 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I've got a couple of places in the house that I can swing a club.  Occasionally, I get a little carried away.  I've broken  picture glass, dinged some walls, and knocked trim off a trunk so I advise you to be careful 🙂

I have one room in the house I could swing a club fully, 21x11 with ten foot ceilings. Unfortunately, the bed is in the way and I don't want to wrestle with that thing again. Getting it upstairs was not too fun.

Anywhere else in the house I'm making a slow, deliberate backswing and usually stopping around transition. Even doing that I have to be careful. I have almost busted light fixtures and hit my wife's hanging plants. 

18 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have one room in the house I could swing a club fully, 21x11 with ten foot ceilings. Unfortunately, the bed is in the way and I don't want to wrestle with that thing again. Getting it upstairs was not too fun.

Anywhere else in the house I'm making a slow, deliberate backswing and usually stopping around transition. Even doing that I have to be careful. I have almost busted light fixtures and hit my wife's hanging plants. 

I have several rooms in the house with 10 foot ceilings, but I am not allowed to swing a club in the house.  That's why I set up a net in the room behind the garage.  However, it's not heated.  There were a few times the past couple of weeks when temps were in the teens that I was tempted to swing in the house, but I got "The Look".

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I have several rooms in the house with 10 foot ceilings, but I am not allowed to swing a club in the house.  That's why I set up a net in the room behind the garage.  However, it's not heated.  There were a few times the past couple of weeks when temps were in the teens that I was tempted to swing in the house, but I got "The Look".

I know that look! I get it every time I even look at my clubs. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

On 1/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Tough situation but that’s great the company is taking care of you….as they should! 
I am no stranger to anything state/federal  institutions. In all honesty they are all brutal. Hope it all works out for ya!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

My rowing machine comes in the mail today which is good because it’s super cold outside and I could use a good workout to warm up. This is the start of me trying to lose weight again.

I started losing weight before Thanksgiving... without exercises.  So far, I'm down 25 lbs.  This week, my wife and I started golf-specific flexibility and strength exercises... no weights.

I have a Crossbow exercise machine from many years ago, and it has a rowing option that I will use.  However, it's set up in my unheated hitting bay and it's been too cold to use it.  Probably not too cold, but I'm not that motivated.  I suppose this summer when it's 90+, it will be too hot.  🤣  Then plan is to rebuild that room to be a 4-season golf and exercise room.

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Tough situation but that’s great the company is taking care of you….as they should! 
I am no stranger to anything state/federal  institutions. In all honesty they are all brutal. Hope it all works out for ya!

Thanks Mark! Right now things are looking good, today was payday and since my two weeks off for Winter Shutdown was one week vacation, one week furlough, the pay was spot on. Now, since there is a one week waiting period for unemployment, the company and SUB plan took care and covered that. I'll have to recertify again on the 30th and hopefully it'll be stress free.

Right now I'm just thinking to myself the time off work is a blessing with helping my wife care for her mom and reducing her burden there. Plus, I might be able to sneak in a couple of rounds if the weather cooperates. 

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just took a nostalgic trip down memory lane. It's our 10th anniversary weekend and the wife and I, being nerds, watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife. So good. The original was my favorite movie growing up and the only movie I've seen 35 times. I was geeking out so bad. The music, the references, and the Easter eggs were well done in a movie that could stand on its own. 

Happy Anniversary!  

8 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Happy Anniversary!  

Thank you! Can't believe it's already been 10 years and she's been able to put up with me for so long. It's been a wonderful journey so far and I couldn't ask for a better person to share it with. 

I just took a nostalgic trip down memory lane. It's our 10th anniversary weekend and the wife and I, being nerds, watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife. So good. The original was my favorite movie growing up and the only movie I've seen 35 times. I was geeking out so bad. The music, the references, and the Easter eggs were well done in a movie that could stand on its own. 

Happy Anniversary!!  Best wishes for many more.