TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

20 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My daughter sent me a link today for Adidas Waffle House shoes….available 4/7/22

2F5C9A59-9352-48BA-AC98-EABE7EB5FEA5.png

You couldn't pay me enough to wear those.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 3/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, cnosil said:

Used to play back in my college days.  Amazing how expensive a dart can be,  but I guess all hobbies can be expensive. 

About any hobby can be these days depending on how you do it. A friend of mine got into the dart throwing thing big time a few years back. He was traveling to tournaments etc. Now he had a bunch of fancy darts in the cases that you could change the weight of and the feathers or fins on the ends too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

20 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Fortunately shoes like these never come in my size and I can’t be tempted, in this case by their maple syrupy goodness. 😂

Yeah me either since I wear a 13 wide

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/30/2022 at 9:51 PM, Kenny B said:

I have two dogwoods, both white that are just starting to blossom.  Should be in full bloom next week with temps in mid-60's up to 75º.  Some dogwoods in our area have already blossomed and are starting to drop.  I don't know why mine are a couple weeks later.  

Sure sign of spring my Azella bushes are blooming and it is Masters week. I even have peach ice cream made locally with SC grown peaches and of course Palmetto brand pimento Cheese which is also locally made. With my HD TV it is the next best thing to being there. And I am blessed I have been there in the past 4 times.

G

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We have a tradition in my hometown and that is seeing how many people can get trucks stuck under the Inman Street bridge. The past two days we've had 3 winners.

FB_IMG_1649537846301-01.jpeg.7c9a9d5f19c475e80aea6e0e3ee65e66.jpegFB_IMG_1649537800642-01.jpeg.405aa3c1c8e4fe17d2a680eb38dc8a0f.jpeg

There's a sign up on the bridge, a sign before the bridge saying "if you hit this...you're not going to make it, and a truck route sign. I've heard it usually happens once a month, but three in two days had to be a record. 

Good grief. Can you imagine the feeling inside the truck 😬?  And I suppose each times that  happens the DOT has to revisit the integrity of the RR overpass.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good grief. Can you imagine the feeling inside the truck 😬?  And I suppose each times that  happens the DOT has to revisit the integrity of the RR overpass.

I couldn't imagine how it feels, but I bet it's scary. I hadn't thought about the DOT having to inspect it, but if they do, they stay busy. 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

We have a tradition in my hometown and that is seeing how many people can get trucks stuck under the Inman Street bridge. The past two days we've had 3 winners.

FB_IMG_1649537846301-01.jpeg.7c9a9d5f19c475e80aea6e0e3ee65e66.jpegFB_IMG_1649537800642-01.jpeg.405aa3c1c8e4fe17d2a680eb38dc8a0f.jpeg

There's a sign up on the bridge, a sign before the bridge saying "if you hit this...you're not going to make it, and a truck route sign. I've heard it usually happens once a month, but three in two days had to be a record. 

Just outside of Syracuse in Liverpool, NY we have a similar tradition. It’s on Onondaga Parkway. It’s very well marked as well.

7F89AC59-C414-4309-907A-9D9C9E52A020.webp.4d1b7acfe970d6cd657ec5a0749def17.webp

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I couldn't imagine how it feels, but I bet it's scary. I hadn't thought about the DOT having to inspect it, but if they do, they stay busy. 

So how does the "if you hit this you're not going to make it" sign work exactly (intended to work that is)?  If a driver in the cab has no idea the truck clipped the sign, do they leave it up to others drivers to start honking horns? 

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Just outside of Syracuse in Liverpool, NY we have a similar tradition. It’s on Onondaga Parkway. It’s very well marked as well.

That's one way to make corrugated metal sheet 😆.

Had kinda weird day.  In our backyard SWMBO noticed a lot of water/mushy grass bordering our neighbor.  The water was pooling up in the sprinkler head areas for us and our neighbor.  Called my Buddy who had a construction business in NY that primarily did golf course renovations and irrigation.  Him and me tagging along went thru my system zones, replaced a couple sprinkler heads, dug around a little and couldn’t find anything in my side.  We looked at my neighbors heads, not touching anything of his really couldn’t see anything obvious BUT neighbor has a big pool.  Got a hold of him but he wanted his own guy and that’s  OK.  His guy can barely cut grass so this is going to be interesting.  
Unfortunately I missed most of the live Masters telecast as we had to go to another friend 70th birthday.  
My Buddy charge for his help, sleeve of ProV1 he saw in my garage.  
Should be able to watch Masters tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

So how does the "if you hit this you're not going to make it" sign work exactly (intended to work that is)?  If a driver in the cab has no idea the truck clipped the sign, do they leave it up to others drivers to start honking horns? 

It's some tubes hanging down that make a noise like wind chimes is probably the best way I can describe it.

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yep this is typical now they will give anyone a CDL now especially the English as a second language crowd. Back when I first started driving DOT law stated "That one had to comprehend and understand the English language" I asked a DOT officer about that a couple of years ago. He told me point blank that they did away with that regulation. I know they had a  problem up at the steel mill before I retired with drivers not comprehending English and not following procedure and safety practices. Now the one truck pictured a CDL is not required and these rental companies will rent to anyone with no driving test required. Yes trucking is a real cesspool now. Glad I am retired from the business

G

12 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

And if I remember correctly (it has been a while) commercial trucks are now allowed on ANY parkway in NY State

G

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The 8am dude may be able to escape by letting some air out of his tires, he doesn't look nearly as bad as the other two.  I bet Enterprise isn't going to rent to that driver any more!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Had kinda weird day.  In our backyard SWMBO noticed a lot of water/mushy grass bordering our neighbor.  The water was pooling up in the sprinkler head areas for us and our neighbor.  Called my Buddy who had a construction business in NY that primarily did golf course renovations and irrigation.  Him and me tagging along went thru my system zones, replaced a couple sprinkler heads, dug around a little and couldn’t find anything in my side.  We looked at my neighbors heads, not touching anything of his really couldn’t see anything obvious BUT neighbor has a big pool.  Got a hold of him but he wanted his own guy and that’s  OK.  His guy can barely cut grass so this is going to be interesting.  
Unfortunately I missed most of the live Masters telecast as we had to go to another friend 70th birthday.  
My Buddy charge for his help, sleeve of ProV1 he saw in my garage.  
Should be able to watch Masters tomorrow.

I am definitely watching Sunday afternoon ready for it seriously. Phones will be turned off Do Not Disturb Sign on the door Pimento cheese ready boiled peanuts picked up after church and BBQ ready too. Masters Sunday tradition for us rest of the outside world be dammed. Ran a wedding at church yesterday afternoon got everything set up and running. Did cheat some since I was the only one upstairs on the A/V deck and balcony. Used the 3rd computer to live stream the tournament with the headphones on. Well at least one side on the phones. Really the service was a no brainer only two mikes and the piano. Had the Facebook Live computer recording and doing a private stream. The guy over the A/V is a genius and set up all the computer stuff Friday night at the rehearsal he even set up the Masters stream for me. All I had to do computer wise was point and click after powering up. The whole thing lasted on my part only 30 minutes and I was close power down and going home. Did not go to the reception even though I was invited. Our guy over security told someone I was doing as he was going home and watch the Masters. Yep got 10:30 service today the set up will be done on the 8:30 AM service all I have to do is sit down and drive. On the way home I will stop and get my P-Nuts from the local produce stand and to the house I go

G

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's some tubes hanging down that make a noise like wind chimes is probably the best way I can describe it.

Looks like they need to up the technology.  Half the drivers are probably wearing earbuds 😆.  Maybe it should trigger a set of flashing lights on the bridge sign that is changed to say "stop when flashing"... just a thought.

Stopped at Lowes to pick up a few items for a project I am working on and noticed they have small oxygen cylinders for sale.....put the mask / cup to your face and push the trigger to get a shot of O2??!!  

I guess they figured customers may need it to keep from passing out after seeing $48 for a sheet of 1/2" OSB!!!  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Stopped at Lowes to pick up a few items for a project I am working on and noticed they have small oxygen cylinders for sale.....put the mask / cup to your face and push the trigger to get a shot of O2??!!  

I guess they figured customers may need it to keep from passing out after seeing $48 for a sheet of 1/2" OSB!!!  🤣

Or the price of 14/2 wire 😱

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

O2 is the best cure for a hangover. I discovered that in the Army. I worked in a hospital and we had O2 in our biomed shop. 😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

26 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

O2 is the best cure for a hangover. I discovered that in the Army. I worked in a hospital and we had O2 in our biomed shop. 😂

Now you tell me….

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Try $97.00 for a 1/4" x 4 x 8 sheet of cedar ply. 😮

😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Or the price of 14/2 wire 😱

Wire is definitely crazy $$$   I priced 10/2 for a water heater install and just about needed that O2!!  $140 for 50' in the store.....and its kept behind padlocked gates....really it is....

I resisted buying it there and ordered it online for $75.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Wire is definitely crazy $$$   I priced 10/2 for a water heater install and just about needed that O2!!  $140 for 50' in the store.....and its kept behind padlocked gates....really it is....

I resisted buying it there and ordered it online for $75.

Local Police this week arrested a guy for stealing $20,000 copper wire and selling it for scrap.

Rick

Left Hand, 

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

Anyone else go thru this?  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

9 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

Oh ya, more times I can remember.  Never did quit but either took short time away and just chipped & putt or played my way thru it.

it sure is a 💩 feeling.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

No but wishing you the best of luck.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Pretty sure anyone who has played this game has gone through this in some form, I know I have more than once. Couple of days to reset and then starting back at half speed until the feels come back. It works for me almost every time. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

Yep, have kinda been going through it for the past few months or so.   There is part f me that wants to work on getting better and part of me that just wants to not play at all.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

I'm going through a tough period with my game as we speak.  This former (and by former, I mean recent) single digit handicapper (7) is struggling to shoot in the mid to high 80s right now, and have been for awhile.  I recently moved to a new course that is completely different than my prior experiences.  The turf (dormant but beginning to show signs of life) is tight and beneath that the soil is wet, almost to the point of mud.  The slightest error in your stroke and you're eating mud, the ball barely advances forward and you're standing there wondering what just happened.  The course is also a bit longer than my previous course and at a lower elevation.  I'm not hitting greens in regulation frequently enough and that issue with my wedges digging into the mud becomes a real problem.  While I do go practice chipping and pitching often, the conditions in the practice area do not represent the playing area that well.  It does show that my technique is sound, but obviously my head gets in the way on the course and I find myself worrying about chunking the mud and then I start coming out of the shot and thinning it.  

But, I digress.....the bottom line is that I know that course conditions will improve and with improved conditions, I expect to return to previous skill levels with my wedge, will get longer tee shots (not getting any roll out this time of year), and my scores will lower.  So, what I'm telling you is to keep working through whatever is ailing you.  Seek counsel from your pro or fellow playing partners, as needed.  Things will get better.

Best to you!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug