TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Offer accepted in Oregon… good news is I won’t have to worry about rocks any more.  1.9 miles from the water instead of 19 feet. 😂😂

Super Duper Stoked!!! Just have to decide which course I want to join…

Congrats on getting an offer accepted with how crazy the market it is I am sure that releases some stress.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

23 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Very out of the blue diagnosis for my cousin almost 2 weeks ago. He ended up passing out and at the hospital they found a brain tumor. 26 out of the blue. Had surgery a week ago and is doing really well (had a friend a few years back same thing and didn't have much mobility for about a month). My cousin is walking around, eating, drinking no issues as of yet which is awesome.

Hes a local superintendent will be out of work for a little bit but hes taking advantage of the time he has to take away. Avid golfer and is really hoping he can get to the course a few times before he has to go back (summer is a wash for him).

Got to go visit him yesterday with my brother. Watched the Celtics was a good time.

image.jpeg.3f726e5742cf5eb9b529d96369f22e3f.jpeg

Sorry to hear about that and hope for a speedy recovery

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Offer accepted in Oregon… good news is I won’t have to worry about rocks any more.  1.9 miles from the water instead of 19 feet. 😂😂

Way to go! Welcome to Oregon and Ass-Toria (got say it right if you live there). 

when the big move? We now almost have enough for a true Oregon meet up with myself, @twyatt700,  and others. (Sorry have brain fog and can’t remember who else is here but at least four of us). 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Very out of the blue diagnosis for my cousin almost 2 weeks ago. He ended up passing out and at the hospital they found a brain tumor. 26 out of the blue. Had surgery a week ago and is doing really well (had a friend a few years back same thing and didn't have much mobility for about a month). My cousin is walking around, eating, drinking no issues as of yet which is awesome.

Hes a local superintendent will be out of work for a little bit but hes taking advantage of the time he has to take away. Avid golfer and is really hoping he can get to the course a few times before he has to go back (summer is a wash for him).

Got to go visit him yesterday with my brother. Watched the Celtics was a good time.

Wow, looks like they got it!!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

41 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Way to go! Welcome to Oregon and Ass-Toria (got say it right if you live there). 

when the big move? We now almost have enough for a true Oregon meet up with myself, @twyatt700,  and others. (Sorry have brain fog and can’t remember who else is here but at least four of us). 

I’ll be there sometime between now and then…  😉 July sometime.

Oh, and I’ve been saying Assss Toria… does that work?

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Grats @Shankster

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Very out of the blue diagnosis for my cousin almost 2 weeks ago.

Wow that's just crazy.... 😞

Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I hate to hear that about your cousin, but I'm happy to hear he's doing ok. Here's hoping to a quick and full recovery. 

16 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Wife's grandfather went to the VA, who promptly sent him to the ER, and he's now been in the hospital for a week getting blood transfusions.  Had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and they're waiting for the results, but it's more than likely leukemia.

Apparently there are different levels of severity of leukemia, and he's 87, so exactly how to treat him is still TBD based on the results of the biopsy.  We're still in Nebraska (the move is in 3 weeks), so my wife flew back to PA to visit with him and to help her grandmother and mother with some of the difficult decisions that lay ahead.

Quite the monkey-wrench overall...golf trip with the buddies and my promotion ceremony next week both now cancelled, and moving prep has to begin in earnest since I'll be here solo for a good stretch.  All VERY small inconveniences when measured against the larger context of things overall, just venting the stress of it all I guess.

Prayers for your family in this difficult time. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Wife's grandfather went to the VA, who promptly sent him to the ER, and he's now been in the hospital for a week getting blood transfusions.  Had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and they're waiting for the results, but it's more than likely leukemia.

Apparently there are different levels of severity of leukemia, and he's 87, so exactly how to treat him is still TBD based on the results of the biopsy.  We're still in Nebraska (the move is in 3 weeks), so my wife flew back to PA to visit with him and to help her grandmother and mother with some of the difficult decisions that lay ahead.

Quite the monkey-wrench overall...golf trip with the buddies and my promotion ceremony next week both now cancelled, and moving prep has to begin in earnest since I'll be here solo for a good stretch.  All VERY small inconveniences when measured against the larger context of things overall, just venting the stress of it all I guess.

Very sad to hear that.  Life throws us all kinds of curves, and how we handle it defines our character.  It sound like you are doing what you can and putting the important things first.  Best of luck to you and you are in our prayers.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Went to my Doc yesterday for final sign off on knee replacement surgery June 2nd and no go.  They found a problem with the EKG and he’s sending me to a Cardiologist.  Huge disappointment.
Nothing is easy.

Sad to hear.  A few years ago I had foot surgery.  A week before before surgery, I had to go to the hospital for an EKG; checked out OK.  Early in the morning of the surgery when I was getting prepped at a surgery center, the anesthesiologist came in and talked... checked my heart.  He had the staff hook up an EKG machine (after they dusted it off and untangled the wires); couldn't get a good reading, so he said the surgery was off and that I needed to go to the hospital immediately!  I felt fine.  Since I hadn't eaten since mid-day the day before, I stopped for breakfast.  When I got to the hospital, they ran an EKG and a heart doc said that anesthesiologist shouldn't be reading heartbeats.  Personally, I think he wanted the morning off; maybe he had a tee time.  It took a month to reschedule the surgery, and I didn't have him that time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sad to hear.  A few years ago I had foot surgery.  A week before before surgery, I had to go to the hospital for an EKG; checked out OK.  Early in the morning of the surgery when I was getting prepped at a surgery center, the anesthesiologist came in and talked... checked my heart.  He had the staff hook up an EKG machine (after they dusted it off and untangled the wires); couldn't get a good reading, so he said the surgery was off and that I needed to go to the hospital immediately!  I felt fine.  Since I hadn't eaten since mid-day the day before, I stopped for breakfast.  When I got to the hospital, they ran an EKG and a heart doc said that anesthesiologist shouldn't be reading heartbeats.  Personally, I think he wanted the morning off; maybe he had a tee time.  It took a month to reschedule the surgery, and I didn't have him that time.

Doc showed me EKG and see what he’s talking about.  Hope it’s just a CYA on his part.  
Rescheduling is the difficult part. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

All VERY small inconveniences when measured against the larger context of things overall, just venting the stress of it all I guess.

Life happens..... And it's quite ok to vent in here! Hope it helped in some small way....

Best wishes for your grandfather 🤞

Hang in there and prioritize what you *gotta* do next and you, and your wife, will get through this.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Doc showed me EKG and see what he’s talking about.  Hope it’s just a CYA on his part.  
Rescheduling is the difficult part. 

Take care of yourself first... We need more golf stories!

Oh and- let's hope the doc doesn't tell you to cut out the bacon 🤪

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Just now, cksurfdude said:

Take care of yourself first... We need more golf stories!

Oh and- let's hope the doc doesn't tell you to cut out the bacon 🤪

Bacon is a “Health Food” for the Boyz!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Very sorry to hear about this @Getoffmylawn. I hope things go well for him and your family.

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Went to my Doc yesterday for final sign off on knee replacement surgery June 2nd and no go.  They found a problem with the EKG and he’s sending me to a Cardiologist.  Huge disappointment.
Nothing is easy.

Hopefully it's nothing serious. 

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Very sorry to hear about this @Getoffmylawn. I hope things go well for him and your family.

Hopefully it's nothing serious. 

Thanks, sure took us by surprise.  Never been to a Cardiologist in my life, good thing it’s Autocorrect or else I wouldn’t be able to spell it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

22 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Bacon is the crack of meat. 😋

I’ve got 2 golf groups that are mostly addicts😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

59 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve got 2 golf groups that are mostly addicts😱

What about Canadian Bacon?  It’s a close one for me, something about our friends from the north version of it… it just good, especially if you get a little bit of the syrup from the pancakes to overflow onto it… or on a sandwich… Man, I’m hungry.

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Thanks, sure took us by surprise.  Never been to a Cardiologist in my life, good thing it’s Autocorrect or else I wouldn’t be able to spell it.

Good luck at the cardiologist. Hope it’s nothing. 🙏🏼

Just now, EasyPutter said:

912252891_Baconapplesauce.jpg.0f3bcfdfa0fe78a8961e4feaead91c9b.jpg

🥓

342689045_BaconSaladrecipe.jpg.1622a2eed5439be4f7323f79dbcd8ae5.jpg

🥓🥓

be-honest-is-this-too-much-lettuce-because-bacon-7079897.png.f458dd7fbc6bd6f993c73e2bb6e065b2.png

🥓🥓🥓

1709420311_thisisbacon.jpg.ec7f96b75e66bdceb89f1768d20be564.jpg

Ok, I'm done. 

Bacon? 🥓

Bacon makes everything better. Just sayin. 🤷🏻‍♂️

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

50 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What about Canadian Bacon?  It’s a close one for me, something about our friends from the north version of it… it just good, especially if you get a little bit of the syrup from the pancakes to overflow onto it… or on a sandwich… Man, I’m hungry.

They do not discriminate, bacon is bacon, syrup is the stuff they dream about😁  No sugar free syrup for these guys,  obviously no wives are around and everyone sworn to secrecy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Mmmm……..bacon. I love bacon. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

33 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Good luck at the cardiologist. Hope it’s nothing. 🙏🏼

Bacon makes everything better. Just sayin. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks, hoping it doesn’t mess up the knee replacement, really need it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

What is funny is my regular Doc is one of the top Cardiologists in the state of SC. When my regular Doc retired about 5 yeas back he took over doing my DOT physicals etc. We have been golf buds for about 10 years now. What was funny was when I had my accident I gave his name for my regular physician which he is. I got some amazing looks from the people up in Florence SC as in he is a cardiologist. Yeah so what he is a MD too. I think it alarmed them and they were in full CYA mode. But I trust him and they sent all the reports to him as I requested. Come to find out one of my Neurologists knows him and found it highly amusing that we were golf buds. Told me tongue in cheek that I must be a decent golfer to be playing with those guys. I told him naah I could beat them with my broken back at the time ---- if he gave his blessing for me to swing a club then---- He laughed and said no no no not yet but if you listen and do as I say in due time. It was funny he told my Cardio Bud that and he called me. Said if I got the blessing he would take me on.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I like my bacon but mostly I am a real Country Ham with red eye gravy man with of course grits

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G