Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I have like a 46 way miss going on right now.  Yes, guessing game on which way the ball is going to go.  Not even sure how that is possible, but I have figured it out.  Today was a push draw that didn’t come back enough.  Yesterday it was a straight draw that drew too much, and the day before it was a 3 yard fade…guess I just aim down the middle and see what happens.

This game… I tell ya.

Thinking of quitting again 😂😂😂 sorry Alan

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

This year my course ordered new flags for the flagsticks; Blue/White, Yellow/White, and Red/White for back, middle and front locations.  Six of each color for the 18 holes + three extra for each color... so 27 flags.  I think the cost is around $1000.

In the last 2 weeks two flags... just the flags... were stolen off the flagsticks; and they took only the Yellow/White ones.  We now have only one extra Yellow/White flag left.   😠

Most of the courses here USED to have nice logo flags. People were bad about stealing them during the normal course of play during the day. Most now use standard flags. My home course is not really Tourist related and is in a close knit neighborhood and people keep a watch on it. A lot of the courses now as SOP pull flagsticks at the end of a Day's play. In fact my old home course I used to pull the flags in a late round for the staff.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Most of the courses here USED to have nice logo flags. People were bad about stealing them during the normal course of play during the day. Most now use standard flags. My home course is not really Tourist related and is in a close knit neighborhood and people keep a watch on it. A lot of the courses now as SOP pull flagsticks at the end of a Day's play. In fact my old home course I used to pull the flags in a late round for the staff.

I'm not sure who would want a flag.  I asked if they were going to bring in the flagsticks at night and I was told No.  Maybe that will change if the problem worsens.

We have never had any problems until the last couple of years.  Our back nine has a few holes near a 4 lane street that comes into town (no fence, just a steep drop-off to the course).  It also has a Winco grocery store on one side and an old hotel that is now a voucher hotel for homeless.  We now have panhandlers at the entrance to the store parking lot.  There are no fences, and we have people that walk across the golf course to get to the grocery store instead of walking around the course on the street.  I don't blame them; it's a lot shorter, nice grass, but someone is going to get hit one of these days.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm not sure who would want a flag.  I asked if they were going to bring in the flagsticks at night and I was told No.  Maybe that will change if the problem worsens.

We have never had any problems until the last couple of years.  Our back nine has a few holes near a 4 lane street that comes into town (no fence, just a steep drop-off to the course).  It also has a Winco grocery store on one side and an old hotel that is now a voucher hotel for homeless.  We now have panhandlers at the entrance to the store parking lot.  There are no fences, and we have people that walk across the golf course to get to the grocery store instead of walking around the course on the street.  I don't blame them; it's a lot shorter, nice grass, but someone is going to get hit one of these days.  

And someone will get sued too either the course or the golfer. Sad but true. And putting up signs in some cases will do no good because some will claim they can not read. And I hate to say this but some people will steal just for the sake of stealing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Tells me there is a better one waiting for you.  Glad you didn't get caught in a money trap.

We already have the papers being drafted for our next offer.  It will be a hour commute, but it’s $100,000 cheaper, and super secluded, in a great school district, golf course 35 minutes away. Private lake… other than having a gas station closer it doesn’t need anything.

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

We already have the papers being drafted for our next offer.  It will be a hour commute, but it’s $100,000 cheaper, and super secluded, in a great school district, golf course 35 minutes away. Private lake… other than having a gas station closer it doesn’t need anything.

Good luck, sounds pretty great!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just got home from a weekend away in the Finger Lakes. My wife asked how much to install a hot tub at home 🤣

48BDC37A-0743-440A-AF0B-626453A62794.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Many years ago True Blue offered a free round of golf if you brought them a course flag from your home area. They wanted to decorate the clubhouse with the flags. Yes I played for free but I asked a few courses for an old flag in decent condition. They usually have boxes of them in a matainience building somewhere. I also have a few hanging in my simulator area and a Masters Flag. Never stole one, that's just not right. 

When I was building my last green a course gave me cups, a pole, and three flags. All from old inventory. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Make sure to let us know the damage.  My wife is asking about one too. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m writing a script in my head. 

Rather than bash it I’ll just say $5 grand would be a nice recurring trip to the spa. That should suffice. 

But good luck with yours 🤣

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’m writing a script in my head. 

Rather than bash it I’ll just say $5 grand would be a nice recurring trip to the spa. That should suffice. 

But good luck with yours 🤣

Good idea.  I don’t want to have to take care of one.  Going to visit one once a year for the same price sounds wonderful.  Like Bandon perhaps…. 🤔

8 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Many years ago True Blue offered a free round of golf if you brought them a course flag from your home area. They wanted to decorate the clubhouse with the flags. Yes I played for free but I asked a few courses for an old flag in decent condition. They usually have boxes of them in a matainience building somewhere. I also have a few hanging in my simulator area and a Masters Flag. Never stole one, that's just not right. 

When I was building my last green a course gave me cups, a pole, and three flags. All from old inventory. 

You are like me raised right and have scruples. I have just 2 flags both are sentimental to me. One is from Tupelo Bay and hangs in my shop. I was working there at the time and shot the then course record of -8 and The Super was a friend of mine as well as my boss and he gave me a brand new one which I signed and dated in fact the duplicate one was in the clubhouse not sure now since I have not been in there darn near 10 years now.

The second flag is real near and dear to me. It is from my home course Indian Wells from the last round the last day. They had the logo flags out from the old days for that event. Our 4th hole was a tough Par 4 playing up hill always into a head wind from the ocean. Now  we had put together  some groups mostly current and former employees that had worked there. I had told them in the weeks we planned it that the only way I was going to do the last round was with my Persimmon woods. Now our former Pro who is a great friend was my partner. That does not keep him from talking smack even to his partners. Told me I needed to hit from the big boy tees with them that it was my fault I chose to play antique equipment. Yeah I went back to the big boy tees and smoked the lumber. Hit the lumber off the deck about knee high and ran it up on the fringe of the green. Made a gagger putt from like 35 ft uphill for a birdie. Joe the Pro never let up told the guys that was what happened when he made me mad. End of the day we had a "last dinner" in the snack bar and he gave me the flag. I had everyone there sign it and it hangs in my house now. BTW After that hole he told me to go back up on the old man tees. LOL he did prod me on the 17th a long par 3 over the water with the ocean breeze again in my face to go back on the big boy tees. It was revenge from the 2 years prior. Then we were partners in a charity event and I had smoked a 2 iron from the back to 2 feet. He had harped on that for 2 years stating he had hit a 6 iron to like 10 feet and I had put an antique 2 iron to 2 feet. This time with the wind blowing good he hit a 5 iron about 10 to 12 feet. Naaw I did not out do him that time and I will admit that was a long 218 yards and I hit the driver on the back of the green about 30 feet out. Nope did not make that gagger. Yeah he got his revenge--- But yeah one memorable day and I reflect on it every day I look at that flag

G

16 hours ago, bens197 said:

Just got home from a weekend away in the Finger Lakes. My wife asked how much to install a hot tub at home 🤣

I've been down that road and now a BullFrog Spa sits next to the deck and gets used about once every 2 months.   🙄

I made it very clear that if we got one I would not use it and I would not maintain it, that it was her new hobby.

Besides the cost of the spa itself you may need to figure in the cost (or personal effort and resulting chiro visits) of a concrete pad and definitely the cost of the electric work & permits.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

18 hours ago, bens197 said:

48BDC37A-0743-440A-AF0B-626453A62794.jpeg

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Make sure to let us know the damage.  My wife is asking about one too. 🤦🏼‍♂️

My wife (and really myself) have looked at one of these. Maintaining it would be a bit, but we would use it like everyday. We will own one someday and personally I am looking forward to it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Covid is no joke.

Caught it last week after my 5 year old got it from someone at school.

5 year old was absolutely fine.  He is fully vaccinated and had no symptoms.  2 year old never got it.

My wife and I haven't been as lucky.  I start symptoms last Tuesday and my wife on Thursday.

I already received my 4th shot due to the immunosuppressant drug I take

But man, 2-3 days of flu-like symptoms and then just fatigue beyond belief.  Was finally able to get up and play with the kids yesterday but still need to take breaks after 15-20 minutes of walking around.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you feel better soon

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Covid is no joke.

But man, 2-3 days of flu-like symptoms and then just fatigue beyond belief.  Was finally able to get up and play with the kids yesterday but still need to take breaks after 15-20 minutes of walking around.

I am about 3 weeks out from catching it.  Still coughing and get worn out pretty easily.   Hope you start to feel better quickly. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I've been down that road and now a BullFrog Spa sits next to the deck and gets used about once every 2 months.   🙄

I made it very clear that if we got one I would not use it and I would not maintain it, that it was her new hobby.

Besides the cost of the spa itself you may need to figure in the cost (or personal effort and resulting chiro visits) of a concrete pad and definitely the cost of the electric work & permits.

I told her we could spend $5 grand on a tub or we could budget $150/month for spa treatments for her and I think we can all agree which won.  

The ongoing maintenance just isn't worth it.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Covid is no joke.

5 year old was absolutely fine.  He is fully vaccinated and had no symptoms.  2 year old never got it.

My wife and I haven't been as lucky.  I start symptoms last Tuesday and my wife on Thursday.

Good luck to you and your wife.  I'm happy to hear your kids are well.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

21 hours ago, bens197 said:

I told her we could spend $5 grand on a tub or we could budget $150/month for spa treatments for her and I think we can all agree which won.  

The ongoing maintenance just isn't worth it.  

$5k might be low at this point.  That was about what our tub cost maybe 5 years ago.  Friends of ours got one last year and had to wait 6 months for delivery.  He didnt tell me the exact $ figure but said it felt like passing a kidney stone when he wrote the check!  😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

6 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

My ex neighbor found all of that out. He put one in himself. Since he was a licensed contractor he did all the work himself. With Park regulations he had to build an enclosure around it. His wife insisted on having it and he knew but she persisted and of course she won. She left a year later and he ended up tearing out and basically scrapping the whole thing. He offered the tub free on FB Marketplace and people insisted he deliver it. He finally got ticked and took a chainsaw to it and hauled it to the landfill. Now if I hit a lottery and could pay someone to maintain it then ok but until then no

G

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Covid is no joke.

Man hate to hear it. My wife and I got it just before Christmas. Now for us it was like a bad case of the flu and like you we were both weak like never before. Had absolutely no appetite. I lost like 20 lbs. Hope you guys get ok. 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

He offered the tub free on FB Marketplace and people insisted he deliver it.

...omg some people....................... 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, jlukes said:

Covid is no joke.

I hate to hear that, @jlukes. I'm glad to hear neither one of the kids caught it and I hope you and your wife recover quickly.