Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 6/1/2022 at 6:40 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

My promotion to Colonel is effective today.

As I posted earlier, had to cancel the ceremony due to an ailing grandfather, but we were still able to sneak in a few family photos…

77F94E18-BAAF-4090-A835-A714274C91AD.jpeg.b33afa2eb0125acadf9adc66acfb4b41.jpeg

3A5E6055-9158-41AF-AADD-EA9F68EA187B.jpeg.3f833b85c26cb35013385afc29b6c9f1.jpeg

DA1612FA-48B2-4CB2-AE01-B65ADAF2A54F.jpeg.bb07243d67612abc7d542776623746d7.jpeg

Congratulations Sir! Thank you for your service! You have a beautiful family and I wish the best for you and yours.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

On 6/1/2022 at 4:40 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

My promotion to Colonel is effective today.

As I posted earlier, had to cancel the ceremony due to an ailing grandfather, but we were still able to sneak in a few family photos…

77F94E18-BAAF-4090-A835-A714274C91AD.jpeg.b33afa2eb0125acadf9adc66acfb4b41.jpeg

3A5E6055-9158-41AF-AADD-EA9F68EA187B.jpeg.3f833b85c26cb35013385afc29b6c9f1.jpeg

DA1612FA-48B2-4CB2-AE01-B65ADAF2A54F.jpeg.bb07243d67612abc7d542776623746d7.jpeg

Congratulations!  That is a great achievement... now onto 0-7 👏

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Anyone else been noticing the recent trend (recent here anyway) of credit card payment machines asking if you want to leave a tip?  Both local golf courses have added this when you check in and pay for the tee time.  I totally get tipping for services such as haircuts, food servers, etc., but folks at the pro shop? Or perhaps it's to tip the entire course staff... don't know, didn't ask. What's next Walmart and Safeway cashiers... maybe the salesman who just took your $47,000 check for a car?  Curious what others are seeing?

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone else been noticing the recent trend (recent here anyway) of credit card payment machines asking if you want to leave a tip?  Both local golf courses have added this when you check in and pay for the tee time.  I totally get tipping for services such as haircuts, food servers, etc., but folks at the pro shop? Or perhaps it's to tip the entire course staff... don't know, didn't ask. What's next Walmart and Safeway cashiers... maybe the salesman who just took your $47,000 check for a car?  Curious what others are seeing?

That added tip on any service paid by Credit Card has been around maybe 4 years.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Pretty stressed out at the moment. I could potentially be up for promotion in the summer of 2023, so that process starts one year out, which is now. Gotta get a bunch of stuff together. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Pretty stressed out at the moment. I could potentially be up for promotion in the summer of 2023, so that process starts one year out, which is now. Gotta get a bunch of stuff together. 

Best of luck getting everything together, but it is awesome you're up for a promotion and I hope things work out for you.

@Shankster sorry to hear about the house, but I'm glad you got out when you did. House hunting is such a pain, but hopefully it just means there's a right one out there for you. 

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

That added tip on any service paid by Credit Card has been around maybe 4 years.  

At your golf courses too?

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

At your golf courses too?

GC no, but yes on their restaurants.

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

GC no, but yes on their restaurants.

Oh yeah, that's been around for a long time.  But the pro shop register... not until this year.

16 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

It's understood in some industries like food service and personal service, including accommodations that wages are set with the expectation the servers, housemaids, etc will be receiving tips to compensate for the lack of adequate wage for an income to barely scrape by, an expectation that service acumen will be superior to achieve those tips to promote the business as a quality establishment.  We Americans are unique in the world for this concept as tipping is virtually unheard of in the rest of the world and when Americans travel abroad it usually contributes to the perception that Americans are arrogant and presuming.  In the combat zone of Iraq, our Iraqi interpreters would go out to buy the pizza because the first American warfighters when told it would be $1 would pay a $5 and refuse the change, which set the price for Americans at $5 when everyone else was paying $1 and the interpreters thought it was an unfair practice.  Good people are everywhere.

Usually those tip prompts go ignored - and it pays to calculate the percent purported to be what is shown as one place showed a 20% of $40.00 as $9.24 (didn't even try to hide the deceit by rounding off).  I carry cash to give tips, then I know those who deserve to receive it get it and with my personal thanks.

I have not noticed any tip prompts at the club house but I usually pay cash for the occasional beverage or snack at the turn so I wouldn’t notice the tip prompt.

As for the part that I highlighted above, I’ve noticed that several restaurants in my area have their tip suggestions on the ticket calculated after the tax which would explain the discrepancy in the suggestion. This has also caused me to make sure that I have cash on hand for the tip and recalculate it to reflect a tip on the food and service but not on the tax. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

5 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

I have not noticed any tip prompts at the club house but I usually pay cash for the occasional beverage or snack at the turn so I wouldn’t notice the tip prompt.

As for the part that I highlighted above, I’ve noticed that several restaurants in my area have their tip suggestions on the ticket calculated after the tax which would explain the discrepancy in the suggestion. This has also caused me to make sure that I have cash on hand for the tip and recalculate it to reflect a tip on the food and service but not on the tax. 

There’s a Hot Dog restaurant close by with a sign “Cash Preferred”. If you have use your Credit Card 7% will be added to the Bill.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

There’s a Hot Dog restaurant close by with a sign “Cash Preferred”. If you have use your Credit Card 7% will be added to the Bill.

Now the "we charge extra for CC use" I have seen at various establishments.  Their is a grocery chain Smith's (also Fry's) that got into a squabble with MC and VISA over use fees a few years ago and stopped accepting CC's.  They have since kissed and made up. But, I do know many small shops take a hit on CC fees.

I just don't understand what the basis of tip would be for simply paying your green fees.  It's like tipping the cashier at Safeway... maybe that's coming next 🙃.

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now the "we charge extra for CC use" I have seen at various establishments.  Their is a grocery chain Smith's (also Fry's) that got into a squabble with MC and VISA over use fees a few years ago and stopped accepting CC's.  They have since kissed and made up. But, I do know many small shops take a hit on CC fees.

I just don't understand what the basis of tip would be for simply paying your green fees.  It's like tipping the cashier at Safeway... maybe that's coming next 🙃.

Exactly, the Hot Dog place is a hole in the wall and their prices are really low anyway. There is not a waitstaff, you pick up your food as it’s announced. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

That just reminded me, we have a Mexican restaurant near by where the prices are reflective of customers using a cc and they give a discount if you pay cash. Same end result. 

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Our Fareway grocery stores still have a person that walks your groceries to your car for you. I’ve tried tipping those guys and get told no. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh yeah, that's been around for a long time.  But the pro shop register... not until this year.

How long have you been personally scanning your CC at the proshop?   My guess is that it is something that just comes from the service that the course uses and all their CC scanners do the same prompt and isn't based on where the scanner is located.  could have been there for years and the proshop employee just said $0 when scanning your card.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

That just reminded me, we have a Mexican restaurant near by where the prices are reflective of customers using a cc and they give a discount if you pay cash. Same end result. 

Our Fareway grocery stores still have a person that walks your groceries to your car for you. I’ve tried tipping those guys and get told no. 

Winn Dixie has same policy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

How long have you been personally scanning your CC at the proshop?   My guess is that it is something that just comes from the service that the course uses and all their CC scanners do the same prompt and isn't based on where the scanner is located.  could have been there for years and the proshop employee just said $0 when scanning your card.  

Makes sense.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

These are the typical desktop chip or mag-strip CC readers and have been at these pro shops for years.  They never prompted for a tip before.  Maybe a feature that can be turned on or off by the business?  Anyway, I used these same type readers at 5 courses in Yuma and they never prompted for a tip.

33 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

As for the part that I highlighted above, I’ve noticed that several restaurants in my area have their tip suggestions on the ticket calculated after the tax which would explain the discrepancy in the suggestion.

Call me old school but I personally dislike the pre-calculated and worse, default recommended, gratuity.  I've seen some default to 18 to 22%.  Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with tipping for good service but the decision as to how much is appropriate can be left with me thanks very much.

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

These are the typical desktop chip or mag-strip CC readers and have been at these pro shops for years.  They never prompted for a tip before.  Maybe a feature that can be turned on or off by the business?  Anyway, I used these same type readers at 5 courses in Yuma and they never prompted for a tip.

Call me old school but I personally dislike the pre-calculated and worse, default recommended, gratuity.  I've seen some default to 18 to 22%.  Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with tipping for good service but the decision as to how much is appropriate can be left with me thanks very much.

I agree 100%

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I enjoy those hotdog places typically have the best food too

This one the Hot Dogs are OK but the sausage are great!

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yep the CC companies and banks are getting it both ways. They are chrging the merchants for someone using the card to begin with and charging the consumer in many cases for using it. We ran into that back in the towing business. The city tried to stop us on Police calls from charging extra. My partner ended up in a city council session and told them "Well you guys charge me a surcharge when I pay my water bill and it is discrimatory and I will take you to court" They backed off after that.

My neighbor ownns a local bait and tackle shop. He quit taking CCs a long time ago because of transaction fees. He got smart though and had a company install an ATM right outside the door The company that owns the machine does all the stocking and maintence. His business is more local geared so all the locals know plus he has signs posted. My bud who owns a auto repair shop down the street and now does all of our auto repairs charges like a 7% transaction fee on all CC purchases. Yeah I see where the "cashless society" thing is changing and people as well as small businesses are getting fed up and have smartened up

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I enjoy those hotdog places typically have the best food too

Down here we have quite a few what I call Hot Dog stands and they are good. One lady has a food trailer with a variety of stuff all good. Bad thing she goes back home to WVA every summer so I go to the Sabrettes guy down the street. We have a place in Garden City Beach called Sam's Corner that has great hot dogs and burgers but since Sam passed it has went more touristy on prices so most locals stay away myself included

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G