TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Down here we have quite a few what I call Hot Dog stands and they are good. One lady has a food trailer with a variety of stuff all good. Bad thing she goes back home to WVA every summer so I go to the Sabrettes guy down the street. We have a place in Garden City Beach called Sam's Corner that has great hot dogs and burgers but since Sam passed it has went more touristy on prices so most locals stay away myself included

I love a good hotdog.  We don't eat them too often but get a hankering for Chile-dogs now and then.  Cottonwood Hills GC in Bozeman makes them on those rotary spin units and I had one last week - yummy.  I just try hard to block out the manner in which they (at least mass produced franks) are made 😬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

36 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I love a good hotdog.  We don't eat them too often but get a hankering for Chile-dogs now and then.  Cottonwood Hills GC in Bozeman makes them on those rotary spin units and I had one last week - yummy.  I just try hard to block out the manner in which they (at least mass produced franks) are made 😬.

I like hot dogs but I REALLY like a hot dog fresh off the grill when the charring is just getting started. Yum! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I eat at a small restaurant that charges a fee when using a credit card. I usually have cash and if I don’t and I use my CC, I understand why the fee exists and I don’t have a problem paying it.

7% for CC use seems exorbitant. Places in my area that charge a fee for CC use charge 3-4%. 7% seems like an added tax. Unless 7% is the norm where you live, but it still seems high.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

57 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Round 4.  If this house doesn’t work out… I’m buying a motor home.

A friend of mine, retired Lt. Col. Marine pilot, lives in a motor home with his wife.    He's 79.  Has a Hyundai that he drives around town.  Drives to AZ for the winter and back to Wisconsin to see family.  I guess he got used to moving around a lot and decided to keep doing that when he retired.  

The good thing about that is you tend not to collect waaaay too much "stuff".  It was awful moving into our newer house 2.5 years ago, and now we have to move a bunch of stuff we moved to get get it out of the way for our remodel... stuff we haven't looked at in 2.5 years.  Should just toss it without looking into boxes; I looked when I packed it, and if I look again, I'll probably decide to keep some of it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

55 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

I like hot dogs but I REALLY like a hot dog fresh off the grill when the charring is just getting started. Yum! 

I like Bratwurst's even more.  I thought the Kirkland brand were quite good until we tried the ones from the Hutterites. They come down from Conrad, MT to Twin Bridges Farmers Market every Saturday during the summer.  They have great vegetables and jarred pickled string beans, mixed veg, and dill pickles.  A couple years ago they added the Brat's 😍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Few things better than a loaded hot dog, onions, relish, kraut, spicy brown, ketchup….or chili cheese dog 😯

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, hohjoe said:

I eat at a small restaurant that charges a fee when using a credit card. I usually have cash and if I don’t and I use my CC, I understand why the fee exists and I don’t have a problem paying it.

7% for CC use seems exorbitant. Places in my area that charge a fee for CC use charge 3-4%. 7% seems like an added tax. Unless 7% is the norm where you live, but it still seems high.

7% is very high.  You don’t see many CC after the 1st visit.   

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

When I lived in FL, there was a place called Col Mustard's Last Stand  - great hot dogs.  In Atlanta it was Varsity and Zesto's. I have yet to find a GOOD hotdog place here in Boise, but since I have been trying to eat better, that may be a good thing.🌭

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

When I lived in FL, there was a place called Col Mustard's Last Stand  - great hot dogs.  In Atlanta it was Varsity and Zesto's. I have yet to find a GOOD hotdog place here in Boise, but since I have been trying to eat better, that may be a good thing.🌭

We have a local place called “moonlight wieners” catchy right?

they do a loaded dog (steamed and warmed bun) and they have a meat sauce that goes on top. It’s a dive but damn are the dogs good

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep the CC companies and banks are getting it both ways. They are chrging the merchants for someone using the card to begin with and charging the consumer in many cases for using it. We ran into that back in the towing business. The city tried to stop us on Police calls from charging extra. My partner ended up in a city council session and told them "Well you guys charge me a surcharge when I pay my water bill and it is discrimatory and I will take you to court" They backed off after that.

My neighbor ownns a local bait and tackle shop. He quit taking CCs a long time ago because of transaction fees. He got smart though and had a company install an ATM right outside the door The company that owns the machine does all the stocking and maintence. His business is more local geared so all the locals know plus he has signs posted. My bud who owns a auto repair shop down the street and now does all of our auto repairs charges like a 7% transaction fee on all CC purchases. Yeah I see where the "cashless society" thing is changing and people as well as small businesses are getting fed up and have smartened up

My brother in law works for a vending company. One of their offerings is ATMs. They split the ATM fee that is charged with business. There is a minimum service fee per withdrawal but the the owner of the ATM location can set it higher. One of their customers is a “gentlemen’s club”. The club owner set the ATM service fee to $7. It does quite well. 😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Few things better than a loaded hot dog, onions, relish, kraut, spicy brown, ketchup….or chili cheese dog 😯

Ketchup on a dog is a crime. 😂

Used to love it, now I can’t even look at a bottle of Ketchup.  It makes me queazy. Yuck.  😂  

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Used to love it, now I can’t even look at a bottle of Ketchup.  It makes me queazy. Yuck.  😂  

Man your in the 1% lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

22 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I could potentially be up for promotion in the summer of 2023

Hmmm .. aren't you already Chief Club 'Ho?? 🤪🤣🤣

Kidding kidding .. good luck .. prioritize and focus!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

21 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Therein lies the problem, what is the tip for?  Like the tip cup at Lil' Caesar's, there's no telling who or what that is for.

Haha I could not help but think "It's like tipping a cow for its milk" but you'd have to know something about Wisconsin to get the most out of that one 😅

EDIT comment added

Oh I was going to add, wouldn't it be better if the prices were shown to include the cost of using credit card when necessary and advertise a discount for using cash?

I lived in the Seattle area. The region is covered by little drive up coffee stands, some family friendly and some, not so much. Pretty much all them came with a surcharge for card use which was usually indicated on the price list. The smallest charge was typically 25 cents.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Went to one of the local courses to use the driving range this afternoon and used my CC to pay. Guy at the counter informed me that there was now a 4% charge to use card so that question has been answered. It was not like that last season so that’s new here. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Would be cheaper for sure and you could go from golf course to golf course 

I have seriously thought about it in the past--- For a while we had enterained the thought of following the Sun Belt Senior Tour around until I got hurt. No way I can compete now even in the Super Senior division. But then again looking at my FB feed a while ago the thought crept in again stuff like a Hickory Tournament in Upstate NY in like September. But then again fuel prices are so darn high. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Man your in the 1% lol

Man, you mean all this time I have been a 1%er and never knew it?

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip

- Harvey Penick

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Man, you mean all this time I have been a 1%er and never knew it?

LOL Trust me I get the gist of that statement

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

22 hours ago, Rickp said:

7% is very high.  You don’t see many CC after the 1st visit.   

So, it's paying the CC fee the merchant pays, plus a punishment fee?

BatCaddy X8R

First random thought. People think too small.

Second one. The internet gives some good laughs. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

I don't mind ketchup on a hot dog, although I don't do it.

A couple of weeks ago and neighbor and I played a round of golf with some friends of his and after the game was over one of the guys had a hot dog and put mayonnaise on it. I had to look away.

Edited by hohjoe

BatCaddy X8R

22 hours ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Sorry,  but you have to find the best hot dog at a golf course for @fixyurdivot!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry,  but you have to find the best hot dog at a golf course for @fixyurdivot!!

Well, if that's the case, I give up.  Can't say I have actually had a good hot dog at a course, some good fries, but not a good hot dog.

- Harvey Penick

2 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I don't mind ketchup on a hot dog, although I don't do it.

A couple of weeks ago and neighbor and I played a round of golf with some friends of his and after the game was over one of the guys had a hot dog and put mayonnaise on it. I had to look away.

My wife is guilty on that and on french fries too---- As long as it is Dukes Mayonnaise--- I have been with her some 35 years now so in time I have learned to ignore it

G

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Well, if that's the case, I give up.  Can't say I have actually had a good hot dog at a course, some good fries, but not a good hot dog.

I don't eat them at a course; I ate one at the turn years ago and burped the back nine.

BTW, no ketchup or mayo on hot dogs... only mustard, and grilled onions, peppers, and kraut if it's a german sausage.

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If this new place works out.  I can walk to the nearest course.  It’s 9 holes, and there isn’t a single one that I would pull driver on. Membership is $950 a year for unlimited golf.  Sounds like my kind of place.

Vernonia?

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Oh no.  That place fell through.  Like almost literally.  

Long Beach

Good call; nice beach.  But the bridge can be very icy at times in winter.  I stayed in a condo there before Christmas... first time anyone living there have seen snow on the beach.