Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

On 6/30/2022 at 8:05 PM, Kenny B said:

This map shows which golf ball is the most popular by players in each state.  

IMG_2658.JPG.e8938b0698d6e23d85193b18070302ea.JPG

Not sure where RockBottomGolf got the info... see the *According to data?  But who's to argue with... 

Data-star-trek-the-next-generation-37408342-1024-768-860301300.jpeg.d9ccf87153170c6f42bf0f3e70abf49d.jpeg

Might be from their sales of what they ship to where----- Around here it would be hard to say because of different clubs and owners groups push different stuff. My course has a strong Srixon presence where the Founders Group with 19 courses for now is TM. In tourist golf season you can always tell what balls the big box stores have on sale because you will find a lot of them. I am sure it is the same way for the Florida guys. This past season it must have been Callaway because I found quite a few of them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 6/30/2022 at 2:28 PM, Kenny B said:

You should have seen the hot dog Bill got at the turn last week at Wine Valley.  If we had played the MGS PNW outing here last year, it was 118º.  This way he can cook his own on his way to the course!

The other benefit of the device is the free, protein-rich condiments, the amount dependent of locale and duration of the drive.  The optional rotisserie motor, wired through the volume control, assures even distribution 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Might be from their sales of what they ship to where----- Around here it would be hard to say because of different clubs and owners groups push different stuff. My course has a strong Srixon presence where the Founders Group with 19 courses for now is TM. In tourist golf season you can always tell what balls the big box stores have on sale because you will find a lot of them. I am sure it is the same way for the Florida guys. This past season it must have been Callaway because I found quite a few of them

It’s all over the place here.  If I were to guess I’d say Srixon, Wilson Staff & Callaway.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

It’s all over the place here.  If I were to guess I’d say Srixon, Wilson Staff & Callaway.

Not very often do you see any Wilson Staff balls around here---- The only ones I find at my course are the type sold at Wal-Mart which is called the Velocity I think they are in the $15 or so price range. I did play the Duos for a time in vintage play but found them too clicky off a vintage non insert putter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Not very often do you see any Wilson Staff balls around here---- The only ones I find at my course are the type sold at Wal-Mart which is called the Velocity I think they are in the $15 or so price range. I did play the Duos for a time in vintage play but found them too clicky off a vintage non insert putter

A few years ago W/S was the ball of choice in Walmart and Pro Shops, they were everywhere. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Put him on ignore, don’t need you leaving.

Agreed!!!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Check out side bar top right on PC and it will show you!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Had no clue that was there never use my computer 

It’s in mobile too

B147823B-2114-4F83-9865-3530B8FC3F3F.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If you have never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket… you are one lucky SOB.  Probably the absolute worst ear pain/headache I’ve ever had in my life.

Welcome home to Michigan… 🤦🏼‍♂️

I bet that's a really bad place to bee stung; sorry to hear that.  

Playing the day before a tournament in Palm Desert, I was stung at the base of the middle finger on my left hand.  My hand was swollen and couldn't grip the club... or tell SoCal drivers what I thought of them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Time for a break from some of the sensitivity of a few. Might be back Monday, maybe Tuesday, then again who knows. 

happy independence day to all my fellow Americans 

I understand completely which is why I have stayed away from replies that might egg him on.

As far as Independence Day...

IMG_2672.JPG.0dfb7e7b3f596c506a4b7e58a117a15c.JPG

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If you have never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket… you are one lucky SOB.  Probably the absolute worst ear pain/headache I’ve ever had in my life.

Bald-Face Hornets here.  I swatted at one last summer while chatting with our UPS driver and a neighbor.  The SOB found that little unprotected spot above my baseball cap adjustment band and stung me twice... the second time after I smacked him, hard, while he was delivering his first dose.  I had a lump the size of an almond for over a week.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Lucky spies who are allowed/able to ignore those things! Grr lol

With great responsibility comes great .... hmm not sure what the word would be. 

Side note: It is amazing that we have 2 members who have over 1000 posts in this single thread. Another 2 have greater than 500. Thats more than some will ever even think of getting in their lifetime on the forum. 

They saying "horses for courses"... clearly applies to forum members and certain threads.  I don't use the ignore function but just limit the amount of ad nauseum back n' forth banter once it's clear any valuable dialogue/debate is off the rails and in the ditch. 

3 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Where???

Thankfully

When you have the thread up it’s under the first comment on a page, just expand the drop down

22FA2363-484F-485B-A7ED-170AC030B4D4.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I've been hit twice, once was a yellow jacket when I was a teenager and playing ball in the neighborhood. Sucker landed on my ear and I reached up to crush him...that was a mistake. Another time was by a wasp, I was under a shed looking at a boat and got tagged. I feel for you Alan. 

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Long time ago I decided to cut losses on those who's sole purpose seem to be to upset and provoke, and I was tired of the amount of my energy they commanded by my allowing myself to get upset, worse how long I allowed myself to be upset for.  So my solution came courtesy of a (blessing of lifelong) passive aggressiveness and has been used with more success as time has gone on for the past... oh 40 years or so.

I will not give anyone energy they have not earned.  @BIG STU @Rickp @Lacassem @fixyurdivot @Kenny B@sirchunksalot and a whole lot more of you guys (gender inclusive) including all the mods @GolfSpy_APH et al, you have all earned Fort Knox level of my time and energy by giving much more than taking so you know what I mean about earning energy to include energy needed to think about and consider whatever has been said. 

The ones who get none of my energy are the troll, miscreant, blowhard, self-important and self-appointed-rulers-of-their-own-universe.  They are out of luck and have no business in my wheelhouse and the only energy they get is a short navigational decision how to avoid them so they don't scratch the varnish on the happiness golf brings to me.  (Couldn't resist a nautical theme as they are as useful as a ball at the bottom of a water hazard.)  Once done the person chosen to not be remembered are not thought of again, minimal to no energy earned expended with zero balance.  Boom, done, drop the mic.  No different than a bad hit off the clubface.   (And yet it is a daily/hourly/moment-by-moment challenge to keep to the zero energy earned policy.)

Great approach... especially the "bad hit off the clubface" part 👍.  I'm WAY better at this part of my game than my early years. Never to the point of club throwing or pummeling terra-firma, but would slow boil inside and let it ruin my round/day.  Nowadays I just call myself a dip-stick, idiot, or whatever else pops out of my head, and pretty much forget about it by the next hole... unless it happens on #18 😆.

5 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Long time ago I decided to cut losses on those who's sole purpose seem to be to upset and provoke, and I was tired of the amount of my energy they commanded by my allowing myself to get upset, worse how long I allowed myself to be upset for.  So my solution came courtesy of a (blessing of lifelong) passive aggressiveness and has been used with more success as time has gone on for the past... oh 40 years or so.

I will not give anyone energy they have not earned.  @BIG STU @Rickp @Lacassem @fixyurdivot @Kenny B@sirchunksalot and a whole lot more of you guys (gender inclusive) including all the mods @GolfSpy_APH et al, you have all earned Fort Knox level of my time and energy by giving much more than taking so you know what I mean about earning energy to include energy needed to think about and consider whatever has been said. 

The ones who get none of my energy are the troll, miscreant, blowhard, self-important and self-appointed-rulers-of-their-own-universe.  They are out of luck and have no business in my wheelhouse and the only energy they get is a short navigational decision how to avoid them so they don't scratch the varnish on the happiness golf brings to me.  (Couldn't resist a nautical theme as they are as useful as a ball at the bottom of a water hazard.)  Once done the person chosen to not be remembered are not thought of again, minimal to no energy earned expended with zero balance.  Boom, done, drop the mic.  No different than a bad hit off the clubface.   (And yet it is a daily/hourly/moment-by-moment challenge to keep to the zero energy earned policy.)

I honestly love this response! I think this forum is big enough to respond and react to those posts you want to and ignore others. I just don't think some things are worth the time and energy expended by arguing.

I'm a fairly opinionated person...at least in my mind, but also have a filter that allows me to thoughtfully formulate a response or tells me just to be quiet when the need arises. I have a difficult time with people I call "the smartest person in the room", those who are always right and you should see things their way and they have no desire to respectfully listen to the opinions of others. 

I know on this forum I'm probably on the low end of the golf knowledge scale compared to other members. I find it to be a great way to increase said knowledge and listen to the wisdom of others. Mostly I love being here to just share stories. There's a lot of people here I consider friends and I care about the happenings in their life. 

In glad to see you sticking around @BIG STU, there's no reason to let a bad apple ruin the bunch. 

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

In glad to see you sticking around @BIG STU, there's no reason to let a bad apple ruin the bunch. 

Ditto.  Besides, we've have found you and hauled you back anyway... escape is futile 🤣.