Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I honestly love this response! I think this forum is big enough to respond and react to those posts you want to and ignore others. I just don't think some things are worth the time and energy expended by arguing.

I'm a fairly opinionated person...at least in my mind, but also have a filter that allows me to thoughtfully formulate a response or tells me just to be quiet when the need arises. I have a difficult time with people I call "the smartest person in the room", those who are always right and you should see things their way and they have no desire to respectfully listen to the opinions of others. 

I know on this forum I'm probably on the low end of the golf knowledge scale compared to other members. I find it to be a great way to increase said knowledge and listen to the wisdom of others. Mostly I love being here to just share stories. There's a lot of people here I consider friends and I care about the happenings in their life. 

In glad to see you sticking around @BIG STU, there's no reason to let a bad apple ruin the bunch. 

I finally learned after a lot of years to just forget the “know it alls”, not worth the carrying their baggage.  There’s way to many “good folks” on here and in everyday life that deserve to be heard.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I honestly love this response! I think this forum is big enough to respond and react to those posts you want to and ignore others. I just don't think some things are worth the time and energy expended by arguing.

I'm a fairly opinionated person...at least in my mind, but also have a filter that allows me to thoughtfully formulate a response or tells me just to be quiet when the need arises. I have a difficult time with people I call "the smartest person in the room", those who are always right and you should see things their way and they have no desire to respectfully listen to the opinions of others. 

I know on this forum I'm probably on the low end of the golf knowledge scale compared to other members. I find it to be a great way to increase said knowledge and listen to the wisdom of others. Mostly I love being here to just share stories. There's a lot of people here I consider friends and I care about the happenings in their life. 

In glad to see you sticking around @BIG STU, there's no reason to let a bad apple ruin the bunch. 

I think you know a lot more than you realize.  Each time we play and try something new, we learn something.  It doesn't always mean that we see immediate improvement, but it's knowledge that we retain anyway.  At some point the pieces start falling together because we start to make some sense of all that information.  As new people come along, hopefully we pass some of that information to them so they can learn to.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

50 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Long time ago I decided to cut losses on those who's sole purpose seem to be to upset and provoke, and I was tired of the amount of my energy they commanded by my allowing myself to get upset, worse how long I allowed myself to be upset for. 

... Cliche' of course but the ole don't write anything you would not say to someones face should always apply. Sadly social media makes cowards brave hiding behind a keyboard. I would never call others "weak minded" or myriad of other insults because their opinion differs from mine. I find it interesting as a life long hippie raised in the 60's when we all wanted the world to be a better place, that a democracy is dependent on different views and while I may disagree, I understand accepting differences is the foundation of a free society. Same holds true for a golf forum. But there are those that think anyone that doesn't agree with their opinions are wrong and worse, a lessor human being so I have them on my ignore list.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Thanks guys APH reached out to me via PM and I am going to ignore the guy and stay here

Thank you for sticking around @BIG STU. I have a few I ignore. Haters want to hate if you know what I mean. Life is to short to deal with bad apples. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

After my round today a new member (3 months in) came into the pro shop and asked why the slope rating was so low. He said he was a member at three other clubs in the past and there slope was higher but my clubs course was much harder.  I know what he is saying but I know how the rating system works. He also said the greens were crazy fast and sloping compared to others. Our Pro commented that we were running around an 11 and on certain holes there are limited places to place a pin unless you want to 4 or 5 putt. The last time the course was rated was 5 years ago before they got a new course superintendent and before he fixed the greens. 

It was just interesting that he sees the same thing as I do. There is not much run up to the greens either. Ten of the holes have minimal run up approaches.    

14 minutes ago, CarlH said:

image.jpeg.a5fc21bf60e70310c1b69465927cb4ea.jpeg

👍👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I think you know a lot more than you realize.  Each time we play and try something new, we learn something.  It doesn't always mean that we see immediate improvement, but it's knowledge that we retain anyway.  At some point the pieces start falling together because we start to make some sense of all that information.  As new people come along, hopefully we pass some of that information to them so they can learn to.

I have no doubts about that. I'm constantly amazed at how much I've learned since joining the forum. I started playing after high school around 93/94, quit for a while, and got back into the game probably around 2010. Until joining here my thought process was basically "hit ball, get in hole". Now I'm learning impact laws, the importance of fitting, and the list goes on. I've got a long way to go to even attempt to catch up with a lot of you here, but I love learning and having a hobby I'm obsessed with is a great driving force. 

35 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have no doubts about that. I'm constantly amazed at how much I've learned since joining the forum. I started playing after high school around 93/94, quit for a while, and got back into the game probably around 2010. Until joining here my thought process was basically "hit ball, get in hole". Now I'm learning impact laws, the importance of fitting, and the list goes on. I've got a long way to go to even attempt to catch up with a lot of you here, but I love learning and having a hobby I'm obsessed with is a great driving force. 

There is always more to learn; no one knows everything.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's a process for sure!  I started when I was 44; never hit a golf ball before.  Watched golf on TV and thought "That looks easy." 😂   Now at 75 I wish that I had started playing when I was in school; it was so difficult to learn back then since we only had one golf course and it was private.  

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

And some of the things I've learned, turned out to be flat out wrong.  They might be OK for some people, but they weren't for me, so had to start over.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My dumba$$ has to get ready for a physical agility test I haven’t taken in 5 years. Working to get off of the medic truck full time and the best way was to redo the hiring process at the department I already work for. Fun part will be doing the physical agility test with guys I work with being proctors there most of which were hired after me.

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

My dumba$$ has to get ready for a physical agility test I haven’t taken in 5 years. Working to get off of the medic truck full time and the best way was to redo the hiring process at the department I already work for. Fun part will be doing the physical agility test with guys I work with being proctors there most of which were hired after me.

how much time do you have and what do you have to do?

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

34 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Just hit my 4 year anniversary in February and I have to redo the whole hiring process from the written all the way to the interview.

I meant how much time do you have to get ready for the physical agility test and what do you have to do to pass the test.   

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

If you have never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket… you are one lucky SOB.  Probably the absolute worst ear pain/headache I’ve ever had in my life.

Welcome home to Michigan… 🤦🏼‍♂️

I've never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket, and that's gotta hurt. But I was stung in the foot and ended up in the ER. Now I carry an Epipen and I keep three in my golf bag.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

On 7/3/2022 at 6:17 AM, BIG STU said:

Yeah I am taking a break from a certain thread and a certain guy---- And I am thinking of putting him on ignore again and if those in power do not do something on him I may be off here permantally. I have never had any trouble from any member on here and do not need someone being sarcastic or trying to argue on everything I post

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I understand completely which is why I have stayed away from replies that might egg him on.

As far as Independence Day...

IMG_2672.JPG.0dfb7e7b3f596c506a4b7e58a117a15c.JPG

Ignore list has grown by 2. One should have been done a couple years ago and the other was just time.

Theres another 1-2 that are close to getting added

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Absolutely--- I learn something on here or WRX everytime I fire up this infernal machine. I also learn a lot by applying theory to practical things. ometimes success sometimes failure. I have a staff bag full of failed wedge grinds and another one full of club shaft combos

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I've never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket, and that's gotta hurt. But I was stung in the foot and ended up in the ER. Now I carry an Epipen and I keep three in my golf bag.

Worst I ever got stung was by a yellow jacket that got between my motorcycle helmet and my head while riding up the road at 70 MPH. In those days in NC you had to wear a helmet on a motorcycle but no specs. I ran an old Easy Rider Captain America helmet with no liner with just the top foam pad in it and I had long hair then too. That SOB stung me about 5 times before I stopped and got him out or rather squashed him in my hair. Man my head hurt for 2 days but I never swole up or had any allergic effects

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Have a month until the first attempt but until October to pass it. It’s called CPAT it’s a whole test that’s standard for firefighters 

They had just started it for volunteers just before I quit to come down here to live. In SC you had the fire Academy involved ($$$$$) plus OSHA and ISO. I was in good physical shape then and passed it at 42 yoa. My Chief at 48 yoa passed it too. LOL we used to work circles around the younger guys on a working structural fire. Man I have went to crap in the last 22 years not just from breaking my back either. Back in those days I was in good shape because I drove race cars and working on big diesel trucks plus running a lot of fire calls. When i moved down here I got lazy and out of shape

G

11 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I carry Benadryl. in my golf bag. Got stung on my lip once - swelled up like someone slammed me with their fist. .Note I also carry a liquid analgesic product (forgot the brand) in my Florida bag for those pesky fire ants.   

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

They had just started it for volunteers just before I quit to come down here to live. In SC you had the fire Academy involved ($$$$$) plus OSHA and ISO. I was in good physical shape then and passed it at 42 yoa. My Chief at 48 yoa passed it too. LOL we used to work circles around the younger guys on a working structural fire. Man I have went to crap in the last 22 years not just from breaking my back either. Back in those days I was in good shape because I drove race cars and working on big diesel trucks plus running a lot of fire calls. When i moved down here I got lazy and out of shape

Oh I passed it before the stair stepper is what gets people to fail. I’ll pass it again just doing what I can to make my career last as long as possible 

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's a process for sure!  I started when I was 44; never hit a golf ball before.  Watched golf on TV and thought "That looks easy." 😂   Now at 75 I wish that I had started playing when I was in school; it was so difficult to learn back then since we only had one golf course and it was private.  

And some of the things I've learned, turned out to be flat out wrong.  They might be OK for some people, but they weren't for me, so had to start over.  

We have similar paths to golf.  I started in my late 40’s also mainly due to work.  Now at 75 it’s part of my life but in a recreational way.

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I was stung by a yellow jacket in the neck about 15 years ago (60yrs).  We were walking, bag carrying and I was in a bit of trouble with a allergic reaction.  One of the guys had Benadryl and something else (?).  Took the Benadryl and it took some time but it turned out Ok. Sure am glad my my buddy had the Benadryl.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I carry Benadryl. in my golf bag. Got stung on my lip once - swelled up like someone slammed me with their fist. .Note I also carry a liquid analgesic product (forgot the brand) in my Florida bag for those pesky fire ants.   

FIRE ANTS😱, they are nasty!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

In general I'm  not allergic to bee or wasp stings. That was untill I moved to TN. They have what is called a paper wasp which I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to their sting. I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mit and my right hand was normal. It felt like the skin was going to split wide open. Couldn't bend anything. Went to the doctors and got shots, pills, and some cream. Now if I get stung I treat it like a snake bite. Suck out the poison with a suction device and take a benadryl.

And in any video I take on the golf course you will here me sniffle. For someone who loves to golf, I have a grass allergy. Not bad but enough for the sniffles. So apologies for the sniffles.

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In general I'm  not allergic to bee or wasp stings. That was untill I moved to TN. They have what is called a paper wasp which I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to their sting. I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mit and my right hand was normal. It felt like the skin was going to split wide open. Couldn't bend anything. Went to the doctors and got shots, pills, and some cream. Now if I get stung I treat it like a snake bite. Suck out the poison with a suction device and take a benadryl.

And in any video I take on the golf course you will here me sniffle. For someone who loves to golf, I have a grass allergy. Not bad but enough for the sniffles. So apologies for the sniffles.

Stay away from those Wasps!!

Yup, I have bad allergies also and take Flucasitone, works somewhat.

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 hours ago, chisag said:

... a democracy is dependent on different views and while I may disagree, I understand accepting differences is the foundation of a free society

Well said, Sir and .. today being July 4th .. quite apropos... 👍🇺🇲🎉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

..I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mitt

When my wife and I moved to our current house, about 8 years ago, I was cleaning up in the yard and suddenly something *HIT* my arm .. like YEEOWWWCH!!!!

Didn't see any bees, wasps, anything and the next day yep my arm swelled to twice its size... Nearest I or anyone could guess it was probably a Brown Recluse - two small puncture marks close to each other. Nasty!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg