TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

When my wife and I moved to our current house, about 8 years ago, I was cleaning up in the yard and suddenly something *HIT* my arm .. like YEEOWWWCH!!!!

Didn't see any bees, wasps, anything and the next day yep my arm swelled to twice its size... Nearest I or anyone could guess it was probably a Brown Recluse - two small puncture marks close to each other. Nasty!

Wow, you never know what can happen.  We all have to be careful.  Lucky it wasn’t worse!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In general I'm  not allergic to bee or wasp stings. That was untill I moved to TN. They have what is called a paper wasp which I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to their sting. I got stung in the left hand and thought nothing about it until the next morning. My left hand was the size of a baseball mit and my right hand was normal. It felt like the skin was going to split wide open. Couldn't bend anything. Went to the doctors and got shots, pills, and some cream. Now if I get stung I treat it like a snake bite. Suck out the poison with a suction device and take a benadryl.

And in any video I take on the golf course you will here me sniffle. For someone who loves to golf, I have a grass allergy. Not bad but enough for the sniffles. So apologies for the sniffles.

BTW sucking out snake venom isn’t suggested or a treatment of snake bites anymore just a FYI .

10 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

BTW sucking out snake venom isn’t suggested or a treatment of snake bites anymore just a FYI .

Well at least I was never snake bit. Thank goodness. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've been snake bit before.....playing golf....oh you meant a real snake bite....never mind 🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Buddy of mine likes catching snakes, his daughter actually posts photos to Instagram. Most of the snakes they've caught this year have been small and non poisonous, there's a photo on there of him getting bit by a small milk snake. He's also got pictures of some copperheads he's caught. He's crazy.

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Buddy of mine likes catching snakes, his daughter actually posts photos to Instagram. Most of the snakes they've caught this year have been small and non poisonous, there's a photo on there of him getting bit by a small milk snake. He's also got pictures of some copperheads he's caught. He's crazy.

Yup, definitely crazy!  I’ve known a couple guys over the years who did the same.  I’ve seen enough of them by accident and I’m gone……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, definitely crazy!  I’ve known a couple guys over the years who did the same.  I’ve seen enough of them by accident and I’m gone……

You ain't kidding, I see a copperhead or rattlesnake and I am not messing with them. I have a pretty healthy respect for snakes. 

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I carry Benadryl. in my golf bag. Got stung on my lip once - swelled up like someone slammed me with their fist. .Note I also carry a liquid analgesic product (forgot the brand) in my Florida bag for those pesky fire ants.   

I've used Benadryl for fire ant bites, but Benadryl won't do anything for me for bee\wasps stings. I swell immediately. My doc said if I get stung anywhere from the sternum to the top of the head to be prepared to use the Epipen.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

27 minutes ago, hohjoe said:

I've used Benadryl for fire ant bites, but Benadryl won't do anything for me for bee\wasps stings. I swell immediately. My doc said if I get stung anywhere from the sternum to the top of the head to be prepared to use the Epipen.

That's some scary stuff right there! Maybe I need to get some of those Epipen things to carry in my golf bag. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 7/3/2022 at 2:21 PM, Shankster said:

If you have never been stung in the ear by a yellow jacket… you are one lucky SOB.  Probably the absolute worst ear pain/headache I’ve ever had in my life.

Welcome home to Michigan… 🤦🏼‍♂️

When I was in high school I mowed over a nest in the ground and oh boy that was not fun at all. I think they got me about 7 times. I ran to the front yard and most didn't follow as they were attacking the mower. There were two smart ones though that follow. Had to jump in my car for 10 minutes until they left. That mow was not worth the $30 I got paid.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

5 hours ago, hohjoe said:

The problem is people don’t use them right or at the right time. They are supposed to be used to for respiratory problems not just for swelling in an extremity. My mom hit herself with one years ago because her hand was swollen but no other issues. Any bite above the nipple line which would cause swelling would definitely cause have some respiratory issues so I definitely think that would suck.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, tommc23 said:

I know not by mouth but what about a snake bite cup? We used to have them in our "crash bags" or EMT bags. SOP for us because of so many Copperheads. One time I used a portable suction unit off the wagon on a lady. Doc at ER said it did a good job. I know a lot of things and procedures have changed in the 22 years I have been out of it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I know not by mouth but what about a snake bite cup? We used to have them in our "crash bags" or EMT bags. SOP for us because of so many Copperheads. One time I used a portable suction unit off the wagon on a lady. Doc at ER said it did a good job. I know a lot of things and procedures have changed in the 22 years I have been out of it

nope no suction use a tourniquet if possible that's it

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

OK thanks I can see that---- I have to depend on you guys to keep somewhat current---- Even though I have been out of it over 20 years you never know if one will run up on something. The instinct to help is still there

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Tourniquet or pressure bandage. Back home (most of the deadliest creatures in the world) we use a pressure bandage on the whole limb.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

22 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's some scary stuff right there! Maybe I need to get some of those Epipen things to carry in my golf bag. 

Talk to your doctor. The Epipen is prescribed, so you would need doctor involvement anyway.

BatCaddy X8R

17 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The problem is people don’t use them right or at the right time. They are supposed to be used to for respiratory problems not just for swelling in an extremity. My mom hit herself with one years ago because her hand was swollen but no other issues. Any bite above the nipple line which would cause swelling would definitely cause have some respiratory issues so I definitely think that would suck.

I carry the Epipen just for swelling and respiratory issues.

My doc said if I ever needed to use it to lay down, hopefully somewhere somewhat soft, and jab myself. I've carried the Epipen for 20+ years and only once did I have to get ready to stick myself and thankfully I did not have to use it.

BatCaddy X8R

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Watermelon (and pretty much all the plants) have taken off. But we have 3 watermelons set, these things are pretty cool to watch grow (from 2 weeks ago and today with set melons)

A3A658B4-CF8A-4D73-8FB9-570D87FD4123.jpeg

image.jpg

E21B343B-E2EA-4B8D-B6B8-5B86DCD63BDE.jpeg

91C7A33C-49AF-43A3-A2F4-C0A525B1DA87.png

See you have taken some precautions--- Squirrells around her love Tomatoes and young Watermelons. When the melons get bigger and the rind grows they will not mess with them because it is evidently too much effort to get through the rind to the "good stuff"

G

1 hour ago, hohjoe said:

Talk to your doctor. The Epipen is prescribed, so you would need doctor involvement anyway.

My understanding is that regardless the epipen is the same unless its child vs adult (only different is dosage). I have also been taught that regardless if you have an epi ready to use it as anything will help.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

31 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

See you have taken some precautions--- Squirrells around her love Tomatoes and young Watermelons. When the melons get bigger and the rind grows they will not mess with them because it is evidently too much effort to get through the rind to the "good stuff"

Not sure that's the case; maybe they just don't like the taste of tough rind.  I had a squirrel gnaw through the heavy plastic of a 5-gallon pain bucket that I used to store bird seed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

35 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Those SC squirrels must be wimps.  Michigan squirrels will chew right through a brand new golf bag of any material in seconds if they've smelled vittles in there- it happened to a friend who was in the pro shop less than 5 minutes paying his green fee and left his brand new bag unattended- first day using the bag, it was destroyed!  

Another friend on the same course had his Igloo Playmate plastic cooler chewed right through while it was on his cart,  and took his snacks while he was inside for a minute or two.  Out on the playing ground they almost seem like they want to attack if they smell food.  That's when I grab a long iron. 

If I am reincarnated as a squirrel I hope I end up on a golf course, easy pickins.  

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

1 hour ago, hohjoe said:

I carry the Epipen just for swelling and respiratory issues.

My doc said if I ever needed to use it to lay down, hopefully somewhere somewhat soft, and jab myself. I've carried the Epipen for 20+ years and only once did I have to get ready to stick myself and thankfully I did not have to use it.

You’re lucky I know a guy who used many on himself. 

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Tourniquet or pressure bandage. Back home (most of the deadliest creatures in the world) we use a pressure bandage on the whole limb.

Yea Australia is a leading country on treatment for bites that’s for sure.

34 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

My understanding is that regardless the epipen is the same unless its child vs adult (only different is dosage). I have also been taught that regardless if you have an epi ready to use it as anything will help.

As a medic I can tell you that on most allergic reactions I hardly give epi. Benadryl is key because it blocks the histamine receptors and that keeps things from getting worse. 

47 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

As a medic I can tell you that on most allergic reactions I hardly give epi. Benadryl is key because it blocks the histamine receptors and that keeps things from getting worse. 

Australia, the country with the most flora and fauna to kill you horribly. 😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My daughter has several food allergies and they have said the same Benadryl if you can give it is key

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!