TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Even the marsupials want to kill you I mean their beaver looking animal has venom glands what the heck everything wants to kill you there. 

That would be a platypus. And only the males have venom.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MacTourney said:

Those SC squirrels must be wimps.  Michigan squirrels will chew right through a brand new golf bag of any material in seconds if they've smelled vittles in there- it happened to a friend who was in the pro shop less than 5 minutes paying his green fee and left his brand new bag unattended- first day using the bag, it was destroyed!  

Another friend on the same course had his Igloo Playmate plastic cooler chewed right through while it was on his cart,  and took his snacks while he was inside for a minute or two.  Out on the playing ground they almost seem like they want to attack if they smell food.  That's when I grab a long iron. 

If I am reincarnated as a squirrel I hope I end up on a golf course, easy pickins.  

I have seen them knaw through a golf bag. A friend of mine had one of the first cart bags that came out which I think was a Bag Boy Revolver. One of those Fox Squirrells knawed through a pocket to get to a Pay Day bar.

If you get reincarnated as a squirrel maybe you can be lucky and end up at Brunswick CC in NC. People that live there hand feed those guys and they will actually take food out of your hand with their paws.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Even the marsupials want to kill you I mean their beaver looking animal has venom glands what the heck everything wants to kill you there. 

A friend of mine on WRX actually lives in the sticks near Queensland and he has attested to that. He has stated many times that Roos as cuddly as they seem can kill you especially the males in mating season. And he has mentioned the other killer creatures as well quite a few times

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Today we are celebrating our 26th anniversary……..taking SWMBO to her favorite restaurant in Lakeland, FL….Harry’s New Orleans style seafood.   It’s mine as well.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Foz! I hope you both enjoy your dinner. 

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not sure that's the case; maybe they just don't like the taste of tough rind.  I had a squirrel gnaw through the heavy plastic of a 5-gallon pain bucket that I used to store bird seed.

Yeah you may be right on that on the taste of the rind. Never had thought of it that way. I guess Golf Bag tastes better.

Back when my old man ran the course he thought we had a problem. Our 9th hole had a blind landing area in a bottom on the right which was a generous area. On the left was the lake. Well customers started complaining about loosing properly struck balls. My old man thought it may be some kids from up the road stealing them. He had me on "stakeout duty" one weekend sitting on the screened in porch at our house looking at the landing area. Looked and laughed the squirrells would run and get the balls. Now this was in the balata days so soft covers. I told my old man and as usual he did not believe **** stunk called BS on me. About a year later we had a bad thunder storm and it hit an old hollow tree. The Old Man had the crew cut it down before it fell on someone looking for a ball. When that rotten thing fell it busted wide open and about 100 balls rolled out all of them with teeth marks. I rode up to the club house and got him he called BS on me again on the way down. When he saw that he got so mad he jumped on my cart and rode to the club house steamed left me stranded. I was young and walked back up. He was still hopping mad and told me not to say I told you so. I looked at him and said naaw I just came to get my cart. Man he hated to be wrong

G

Today we are celebrating our 26th anniversary……..taking SWMBO to her favorite restaurant in Lakeland, FL….Harry’s New Orleans style seafood.   It’s mine as well.

Congrats--- We have not had any Cajun Style Seafood in darn near 10 years now since Louis in Pawleys Island closed and he retired. He was from Louisiana and a genuine Cajun. That place was great he had won several National Awards.

G

33 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

One of those Fox Squirrells knawed through a pocket to get to a Pay Day bar.

To be fair... Pay Days are delicious lol

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Happy Anniversary to you and your SWMBO!

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Happy Anniversary!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

My understanding is that regardless the epipen is the same unless its child vs adult (only different is dosage). I have also been taught that regardless if you have an epi ready to use it as anything will help.

The child and adult versions are the same except for the dosage amount. But, a doctor has to prescribe an Epipen.

I've been stung since I started carrying an Epipen, though not in the torso or chest. I won't use it just because of a sting, only if my throat starts to swell and blocks my airway.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Congrats Fox

3 hours ago, MattF said:

That would be a platypus. And only the males have venom.

I thought it was funnier not calling them by their name

19 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Happy Anniversary @fozcycle

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 7/6/2022 at 7:29 AM, hohjoe said:

Talk to your doctor. The Epipen is prescribed, so you would need doctor involvement anyway.

And not only is it very expensive but also with a limited shelf life. My wife used to carry one all the time. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Congratulations!!  Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs Foz!!  

It sure is nice of you to like SWMBO's favorite restaurant; makes life much more enjoyable!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/6/2022 at 11:33 AM, fozcycle said:

A belated happy anniversary! Hope you had a great meal at Harry's 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

23 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My wife and children (19 and 20 years old) really want to move. I know I need to consider downsizing because I have to much to maintain as I get older. The amount my real estate friend says I should get for it makes it a no brainer. But I have a great place, great views, and a low cost of living area. 

But here is the kicker. My wife is researching homes and distances to golf courses and country clubs. I believe after 25 years she is fully trained. She really wants to move closer to her sister down near Oak Island in NC. She knows how to get me interested.. My only requirement is I need to be 45 minutes from an airport for work. I want an acre of property so I can put in an outbuilding (work shop, man cave, golf sim and stuff). 

I guess the purging will start soon. 

I retired at the end of 2020 and my wife, and I moved into a smaller place to be near my daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids. I’m not on a golf course, but close to one and I’m a mere 829 steps away the family. I’m in a smaller house with a workshop in the back for woodturning, my other hobby.

Moving required downsizing after being in a place for 20+ years and it was tough. It was for me anyway. I went through what I had and separated what I had to keep, then went through what I had to keep two or three times until I had less and less stuff. I still miss some things, power tools mainly, but I can’t say I miss much.

Best of luck downsizing, it’s a tough task, but sounds like it will be worth it.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

On 7/8/2022 at 2:21 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My wife and children (19 and 20 years old) really want to move. I know I need to consider downsizing because I have to much to maintain as I get older. The amount my real estate friend says I should get for it makes it a no brainer. But I have a great place, great views, and a low cost of living area. 

But here is the kicker. My wife is researching homes and distances to golf courses and country clubs. I believe after 25 years she is fully trained. She really wants to move closer to her sister down near Oak Island in NC. She knows how to get me interested.. My only requirement is I need to be 45 minutes from an airport for work. I want an acre of property so I can put in an outbuilding (work shop, man cave, golf sim and stuff). 

I guess the purging will start soon. 

After all that work you put into your inside and outside practice areas.... oh the horror of it all 😱.  I'm in the same boat Tom.  After retiring, we left the rat race and congestion of Puget Sound and moved to rural MT.  Now after 6 years here and having spent almost 1/2 the year in AZ, she'd like to be closer to conveniences.  

We currently are in contract for a home in Sun City Grand and I'm heading down this coming week for the home inspection.  The place here is WAY too big and has WAY too many moving parts for a seasonal place, so it will go on the market once the AZ home closes.... and yet another purging exercise will commence 😆.

Good luck on whatever you and the family (your wife 🤣) decides.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 7/6/2022 at 8:06 AM, MattWillGolf said:

Australia, the country with the most flora and fauna to kill you horribly. 😂

AZ isn't far behind. It seems almost everything has stingers, stickers or fangs... some more than one 😬.

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

After all that work you put into your inside and outside practice areas.... oh the horror of it all 😱.  I'm in the same boat Tom.  After retiring, we left the rat race and congestion of Puget Sound and moved to rural MT.  Now after 6 years here and having spent almost 1/2 the year in AZ, she'd like to be closer to conveniences.  

We currently are in contract for a home in Sun City Grand and I'm heading down this coming week for the home inspection.  The place here is WAY too big and has WAY too many moving parts for a seasonal place, so it will go on the market once the AZ home closes.... and yet another purging exercise will commence 😆.

Good luck on whatever you and the family (your wife 🤣) decides.

Whatever the outcome is, will be fine. Besides every time I moved the practice area got bigger and better. Here's to dreaming bigger! Let the research begin. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Whatever the outcome is, will be fine. Besides every time I moved the practice area got bigger and better. Here's to dreaming bigger! Let the research begin. 

I'm trading walking to fly-fishing for golf cart rides from the house to one of four courses on property.  A little hard on the fishing side of the deal but there are a number of rivers in northern AZ and southern CO that I've never fished and want to.  

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm trading walking to fly-fishing for golf cart rides from the house to one of four courses on property.  A little hard on the fishing side of the deal but there are a number of rivers in northern AZ and southern CO that I've never fished and want to.  

Sounds like we will be seeing you in January!!  Martha's brother lives in Surprise... now we have a foursome!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sounds like we will be seeing you in January!!  Martha's brother lives in Surprise... now we have a foursome!

Odds are favorable as this home dosen't have a 2 years into a 25 year solar lease, placed on a roof that needs underlayment replacement... ready, fire, aim 😆.  What I've learned is that if you go solar, the best option is wholly owned and installed on a new roof. 

I played golf the spring with a guy in Bozeman who did installs and service of solar systems in CA.  He said the whole "leased solar, no cost maintenance" is grossly over-marketed in value.  The systems are generally very maintenance free, and the biggest maintenance requirement is keeping panels clean and free of bird roosting (and pooping)... which isn't covered.  

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Five weeks since my knee replacement. So far not too bad, Walker and Cane both gone to garage for another time.  
PT has been rigorous but necessary.  Have some pain on right side (outside) of knee but I’m believing that will go away in a few weeks.  
Hoping to “chip & putt” by July 24th.!!

Great to hear Rick! Man, we're all blessed to be living in an era of medical technology that affords these amazing successful hip and knee replacements. The number of folks I've run into who have had these, and how quick they are back out enjoying things in life that were becoming limited and no fun, is amazing.

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great to hear Rick! Man, we're all blessed to be living in an era of medical technology that affords these amazing successful hip and knee replacements. The number of folks I've run into who have had these, and how quick they are back out enjoying things in life that were becoming limited and no fun, is amazing.

Definitely!!  Down here with all the Seniors hips, knees & shoulder surgeries are everywhere.

I’ve been driving the cart since last Wednesday with no problem.  Waiting on another week or 2 for car.  The thing is I can get/go anywhere in the cart we want. I took a walk earlier today and one of my neighbors couldn’t believe I was walking around with minimal problems.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Not going to post what I wanted to as it was leaning toward the political spectrum so I’ll just saw that hippies are annoying. Sorry if you are one

... One of the most disappointing aspects of 2022 is how many lump things into being "political" when they are not. By definition:

"relating to the government or the public affairs of a country".

"relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics." 

... That is a narrow spectrum. You spend your life helping others Tom, so whether you like it or not you are a hippie to some degree. 😉  And I take no offense as a lifelong hippie and respect your annoyance, because being a hippie means understanding everyone is different and accepting others opinions or lifestyle is the cornerstone of the hippie philosophy and the only way a free society can exist. People are forced to think alike in China and Russia and doubt many are happy about it. I was playing golf with a self proclaimed "patriot" wearing a familiar red hat that insisted on making comments I just wasn't interested in listening to all round long. Talk about annoying. We ran across a woman on an old rusty bike that was obviously homeless in dirty clothes that she probably lived in, taking tin cans out of the trash cans while mumbling to herself. I gave her a $10 bill and she smiled and thanked me and went on her way to the next trash can. I have also given money to a homeless person that spit on me and felt how awful their life must be. But this guy just went off, furious about how I was making things worse, she should get a job, there are places she can get help if she is indeed suffering a mental illness which he doubts and she had no business on a golf course where paying/working people are trying to play a game. I was dumbfounded how another human didn't want another human being obviously suffering to have access to a meal or basic shelter. Especially since she was at least trying to earn some cash and not pan handling. 

... So while there are extremes on both ends of the hippie spectrum, acceptance of others is paramount to that lifestyle. And please do not lump real hippies in with the current intolerant "woke" individuals or extreme "patriots" that demand others think exactly the way they think.  I am sure you have heard a lot of hippie music form the 70's that was mostly some form of the Youngbloods Get Together that I just heard driving home from the course yesterday:

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the most disappointing aspects of 2022 is how many lump things into being "political" when they are not. By definition:

"relating to the government or the public affairs of a country".

"relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics." 

... That is a narrow spectrum. You spend your life helping others Tom, so whether you like it or not you are a hippie to some degree. 😉  And I take no offense as a lifelong hippie and respect your annoyance, because being a hippie means understanding everyone is different and accepting others opinions or lifestyle is the cornerstone of the hippie philosophy and the only way a free society can exist. People are forced to think alike in China and Russia and doubt many are happy about it. I was playing golf with a self proclaimed "patriot" wearing a familiar red hat that insisted on making comments I just wasn't interested in listening to all round long. Talk about annoying. We ran across a woman on an old rusty bike that was obviously homeless in dirty clothes that she probably lived in, taking tin cans out of the trash cans while mumbling to herself. I gave her a $10 bill and she smiled and thanked me and went on her way to the next trash can. I have also given money to a homeless person that spit on me and felt how awful their life must be. But this guy just went off, furious about how I was making things worse, she should get a job, there are places she can get help if she is indeed suffering a mental illness which he doubts and she had no business on a golf course where paying/working people are trying to play a game. I was dumbfounded how another human didn't want another human being obviously suffering to have access to a meal or basic shelter. Especially since she was at least trying to earn some cash and not pan handling. 

... So while there are extremes on both ends of the hippie spectrum, acceptance of others is paramount to that lifestyle. And please do not lump real hippies in with the current intolerant "woke" individuals or extreme "patriots" that demand others think exactly the way they think.  I am sure you have heard a lot of hippie music form the 70's that was mostly some form of the Youngbloods Get Together that I just heard driving home from the course yesterday:

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now

The problem being is when someone calls the cops on me for animal rights it’s definitely a hippie who did so 😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The problem being is when someone calls the cops on me for animal rights it’s definitely a hippie who did so 😂😂😂

Don’t know about a Hippie but definitely an A$$h@1$.

Rick

Left Hand,