TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

15 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The problem being is when someone calls the cops on me for animal rights it’s definitely a hippie who did so 😂😂😂

... Like all walks of life I am sure there are some intolerant hippies out there, or art least some claiming to be hippies. Although again, I hate it when the "woke" crowd gives hippies a bad name because "being woke" is the opposite of being a hippie. Sadly you ran into one of them and that sucks. Like I said, you spend your entire life helping others and certainly do not deserve that kind of nonsense. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Sitting in Palmer Gulch, South Dakota.  On a new phone.  My old one became a permanent resident of Minnesota a few days ago. RIP iPhone 7+ you served me well… along with it, my pictures of the B.2, and my write up went.  Working on some new photos, although they won’t be on a golf course… 

Thinking about signing up for the Rodeo, I could get used to thus place.

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the most disappointing aspects of 2022 is how many lump things into being "political" when they are not. By definition:

"relating to the government or the public affairs of a country".

"relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics." 

... That is a narrow spectrum. You spend your life helping others Tom, so whether you like it or not you are a hippie to some degree. 😉  And I take no offense as a lifelong hippie and respect your annoyance, because being a hippie means understanding everyone is different and accepting others opinions or lifestyle is the cornerstone of the hippie philosophy and the only way a free society can exist. People are forced to think alike in China and Russia and doubt many are happy about it. I was playing golf with a self proclaimed "patriot" wearing a familiar red hat that insisted on making comments I just wasn't interested in listening to all round long. Talk about annoying. We ran across a woman on an old rusty bike that was obviously homeless in dirty clothes that she probably lived in, taking tin cans out of the trash cans while mumbling to herself. I gave her a $10 bill and she smiled and thanked me and went on her way to the next trash can. I have also given money to a homeless person that spit on me and felt how awful their life must be. But this guy just went off, furious about how I was making things worse, she should get a job, there are places she can get help if she is indeed suffering a mental illness which he doubts and she had no business on a golf course where paying/working people are trying to play a game. I was dumbfounded how another human didn't want another human being obviously suffering to have access to a meal or basic shelter. Especially since she was at least trying to earn some cash and not pan handling. 

... So while there are extremes on both ends of the hippie spectrum, acceptance of others is paramount to that lifestyle. And please do not lump real hippies in with the current intolerant "woke" individuals or extreme "patriots" that demand others think exactly the way they think.  I am sure you have heard a lot of hippie music form the 70's that was mostly some form of the Youngbloods Get Together that I just heard driving home from the course yesterday:

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now

In a word everything is polarized right now. You are either one extreme or the other in someone’s eyes even though you are probably some form of gray in the middle. It’s really unfortunate.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

In a word everything is polarized right now. You are either one extreme or the other in someone’s eyes even though you are probably some form of gray in the middle. It’s really unfortunate.

... Amen my friend, unfortunate indeed. I think I have said before but my Dad did 2 tours in Nam with Special Forces and was awarded a Silver Star. He was 37 when most of his A Team were late teens or early 20's. We disagreed on a lot of things because we grew up in different era's but he vehemently defended my right to protest the war as long as I respected/supported the troops. (some very sadly didn't back in the late 60's). That was back then it was OK to agree to disagree because we all love our country. As you said, today if you are not on either side of the extreme you must hate our country. I blame the far right radio/Tv that's message was the other side is the enemy and it spawned an entirely new group of people on the far left that are equally convinced the other side is the enemy. I wish I had an answer how to get out of this mess. I think the single most awesome thing about being a US citizen is freedom embraces differences by it's very definition and those that don't understand that should live in a dictatorship for a few years and see how they like it. 

... Fwiw I played in a group early this week with one cart playing Country music, one playing Rap and I played Classic Rock all at respectful levels that you could only hear from your own cart. It was awesome. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Like all walks of life I am sure there are some intolerant hippies out there, or art least some claiming to be hippies. Although again, I hate it when the "woke" crowd gives hippies a bad name because "being woke" is the opposite of being a hippie. Sadly you ran into one of them and that sucks. Like I said, you spend your entire life helping others and certainly do not deserve that kind of nonsense. 

My dad is a hippie it was the least offensive thing I could say when I was pissed off last night worrying if I was going to lose $800 dollars because of some idiot

It was supposed to be in the 70's and cloudy this afternoon which would be considered an oasis in SC this time of year.  Instead it was in the low 70's and misting rain; in which everything gets wet and stays soaked.  But I didn't let that stop me from finishing my round.   Honestly a good rainy round every so often is kind of nice. 

I had a bit of an epiphany while I was swimming to my golf ball.  Do you guys think it would be a good idea to switch to a higher spin ball during rainy or dew laden rounds?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I was thinking about the NX 10 test and how customizable their rangefinder is, especially the skin with the bald eagle wearing sunglasses with the mullet. I wanted to post this over in the sign up thread, but better judgement got the best of me. I know the guy in the video getting tattooed and did ask if I could post this, but this is what I think of when I saw it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfpGq0_p8qn/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Being in LA the past couple of weeks and playing some lower end munis, i got a glimpse of what it is like to be a longer hitter.

Back in the PNW, even up until June, it was abnormally rainy. So i am used to hitting balls all carry even with a driver and then plugged.

In LA, the lower end munis, they fairways are cut short, but the grass gets brown and super dry. Had a 360 yard hole, hit a nice drive, was up the right side of the fairway. When i walked up to look for my ball, i was looking for it at around 250 yards from the tee and spent at least a minute looking, wondering how i could have lost a ball in the fairway. Kept walking farther and saw a ball, first questioned is that even a ball, and second questioned if that was someone else's ball from another hole where they hit an omega slice. Walked up to it, saw it was a Maxfli, knew no one else but me on that course is playing a current year Maxlfi Tour with the CG lines. Had 60 yards in. 

Distance off the tee is a game changer. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Being in LA the past couple of weeks and playing some lower end munis, i got a glimpse of what it is like to be a longer hitter.

Back in the PNW, even up until June, it was abnormally rainy. So i am used to hitting balls all carry even with a driver and then plugged.

In LA, the lower end munis, they fairways are cut short, but the grass gets brown and super dry. Had a 360 yard hole, hit a nice drive, was up the right side of the fairway. When i walked up to look for my ball, i was looking for it at around 250 yards from the tee and spent at least a minute looking, wondering how i could have lost a ball in the fairway. Kept walking farther and saw a ball, first questioned is that even a ball, and second questioned if that was someone else's ball from another hole where they hit an omega slice. Walked up to it, saw it was a Maxfli, knew no one else but me on that course is playing a current year Maxlfi Tour with the CG lines. Had 60 yards in. 

Distance off the tee is a game changer. 

I had the same thing on the PNW Spy trip to Eastern Washington. My average drive during my time there was 40 yards longer than at any point earlier in the season. I feel like half the drives I've hit on the west side so far this year have had a negative rollout.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

11 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I had the same thing on the PNW Spy trip to Eastern Washington. My average drive during my time there was 40 yards longer than at any point earlier in the season. I feel like half the drives I've hit on the west side so far this year have had a negative rollout.

It really is a game changer to get the extra distance.

However, i was getting punished on other shots because i was not accustomed to it. On a par 3, i pulled my 9 iron or PW a bit and didn't hit it flush so it was short. In my mind it was a safe landing area, it would be in the "rough" short of the green. In any other course that had green grass, I would have been in a great position just off the green. However, when i walked up to fine my ball, it was nowhere to be seen. there grass was also sparse in the area where my ball had landed, minimal grass and mostly hard brown dirt. My ball had rolled like 20 yards and into some bushes and my shot wasn't even thin or anything. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

My sister got married last weekend they are on their honeymoon, currently in Ireland. She just sent this picture in the family WhatsApp of her hanging out at the clubhouse while my brother-in-law plays Ballybunion. I'm so jealous right now...

image.png.d42a1ea2f3fba3f7e2b4faf3da4741b2.png

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS