TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I was taking a walk this morning B4 it got too Hot and one of my neighbors who had a knee replacement a year ago June was getting his morning paper. He was amazed that after 59 days since my knee replacement I was walking around pretty good and playing some golf.  His knee was huge, twice the size of his good knee.  Some people I guess heal better and possibly health care comes into play.  He hasn’t touched a club in 1.5 years.

Stu, we’re pretty lucky!

Absolutely--- Evertime I play no matter how good or bad I am thankful to be able to attempt to play. There were times I thought I would have to give it up completely. My swing changes back in March and April were a last ditch effort that thankfully worked

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

22 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My body is worse than most 48 year olds because of how hard I have been on my body 😂😂😂

It's not the age it's the mileage 😂

Edited by MyWifesSwingCoach
Typo

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

5 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Mine was getting that way towards end of military career about that age - some life adventure directions are not easy on the body causing damage we don't realize or notice until things start not working as well as they used to - like joints and things connected to them 😅 details sure to be shared next weekend...

Hope so too!  Keep going with what you want to do with Use it or Lose it being an all too real thing 😕

The problem is I’m 34 with joints of someone twice my age 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Powerlifting does that to you

19 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My body is worse than most 48 year olds because of how hard I have been on my body 😂😂😂

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I don’t want to hit 75 I won’t be able to move 😂😂😂

Uh Oh!  Now I've gone and done it!  Sorry!  

When I was your age, I wasn't even thinking about age 75.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

28 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I don’t want to hit 75 I won’t be able to move 😂😂😂

That’s what I thought also!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I received a nice surprise on Instagram today. The folks at GolfWRX ran a giveaway of a StrackaLine Yardage Book and I won a yardage book of my home course. Does anyone have experience with their yardage books? 

E52343DE-2031-4127-8E4A-41C9EC2B9659.jpeg.a43f2ac5344ff167d93c61233069c95d.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

15 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I received a nice surprise on Instagram today. The folks at GolfWRX ran a giveaway of a StrackaLine Yardage Book and I won a yardage book of my home course. Does anyone have experience with their yardage books? 

E52343DE-2031-4127-8E4A-41C9EC2B9659.jpeg.a43f2ac5344ff167d93c61233069c95d.jpeg

Checked all my local courses they have nothing for them. Hopefully they have your home course

I am aware that there aren't many options besides ebay when it comes to selling clubs.  

And I know they charge 12.9% fee which includes S/H (so sellers dont sell a $100 item for $60 and charge $50 for S/H) but when I did the math it didn't add up...so I went to the invoice and saw that not only do they include the shipping costs, they add their fee to the sales tax.

So they are deducting 12.9% fee from sales tax.

Gotta love it.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

59 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I am aware that there aren't many options besides ebay when it comes to selling clubs.  

And I know they charge 12.9% fee which includes S/H (so sellers dont sell a $100 item for $60 and charge $50 for S/H) but when I did the math it didn't add up...so I went to the invoice and saw that not only do they include the shipping costs, they add their fee to the sales tax.

Gotta love it.

Yea I absolutely hate dealing with eBay anymore 

8 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Yea I absolutely hate dealing with eBay anymore 

Blew my mind...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

10 hours ago, bens197 said:

Gotta love it.

I closed my ebay account when they started this crap. I use Craigslist and local Facebook yard sale groups, preferring local pick-up only when buying or selling. You obviously are not going to get as many potential eyes on your listings & it's going to take longer to sell, but you can be more aggressive with your pricing since you are not coughing up 13% of your sale.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 7/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, BIG STU said:

I know not by mouth but what about a snake bite cup? We used to have them in our "crash bags" or EMT bags. SOP for us because of so many Copperheads. One time I used a portable suction unit off the wagon on a lady. Doc at ER said it did a good job. I know a lot of things and procedures have changed in the 22 years I have been out of it

Stu I was intrigued about this stuff recently so I watched a video on snake bites. They do pretty much nothing for a snake bite, they say no compression, no tourniquet and at most an IV

On 8/3/2022 at 8:33 AM, Headhammer said:

I closed my ebay account when they started this crap. I use Craigslist and local Facebook yard sale groups, preferring local pick-up only when buying or selling. You obviously are not going to get as many potential eyes on your listings & it's going to take longer to sell, but you can be more aggressive with your pricing since you are not coughing up 13% of your sale.

I just tried selling an older car on craiglist and within a few days I had been flooded with over 200+ emails offering either full price or full price ++,  cash in advance and without even asking about the condition of the car. Some even indicated that they had a trailer on the way to pick it up. No scammers here...right? I'm done with craigslist. 

Edit: this was a 'project' car and not in working condition. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I just tried selling an older car on craiglist and within a few days I had been flooded with over 200+ emails offering either full price or full price ++,  cash in advance and without even asking about the condition of the car. Some even indicated that they had a trailer on the way to pick it up. No scammers here...right? I'm done with craigslist. 

I hope you are not saying that you passed on the opportunity to sell your non running project car to a Nigerian Prince??? 

Seriously though, CL has really gone down hill with the scammers but I do still look occasionally for things. FB Marketplace seems to be the place to sell stuff nowadays.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Learned about CL about 10 years ago---- When we were running the wrecker service my Partner used it all the time for applicants. Man we used to get the dregs of society apply. No joke one guy applied and I asked for his license to run for the PD and insurance. He said seriously he did not have a DL and did you have to have one to drive a wrecker? I literally ran him out of the office for waisting my time. From then on we used the local newspaper. Nowdays I am thankful I do not own or manage any business. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

What was it?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

19 minutes ago, MattF said:

What was it?

A non running 57 MGA that's been sitting in my garage for the past 10 years. Needed a complete frame off restoration. Based on estimates for body work, painting, mechanical etc. the cost far exceeded the value of the car in excellent condition. The guy who bought it is a 'hobbyist' that does all of that work himself. Even with the work required I still got a great price for it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I hope you are not saying that you passed on the opportunity to sell your non running project car to a Nigerian Prince??? 

Seriously though, CL has really gone down hill with the scammers but I do still look occasionally for things. FB Marketplace seems to be the place to sell stuff nowadays.

In my case I went to a dedicated MGA car site since I don't do FB and sold it for a great price in just a few days. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

A non running 57 MGA that's been sitting in my garage for the past 10 years. Needed a complete frame off restoration. Based on estimates for body work, painting, mechanical etc. the cost far exceeded the value of the car in excellent condition. The guy who bought it is a 'hobbyist' that does all of that work himself. Even with the work required I still got a great price for it. 

Yep a classic like that even though it was rough you can usually sell to someone In one of the speciality groups

G

On 8/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, tony@CIC said:

the picture below is for @tony@CIC

A 59 Triumph not an MG, but it also gives the rest some idea of the size and type of car the MGA competed with.

Our car club had its 2nd Cars & Coffee event Saturday to raise money for Leader Dogs, and with August being a huge car event month here in Michigan, with the Dream Cruise, and other events going on this month, a lot of cool and unique vehicles are out and about.

59 Triumph.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Hanging out with @Kenny B for 3 days (at Monte's clinic in Seattle). Not sure who hits the better bunker shot, Kenny or Monte 😀

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 hours ago, rkj427 said:

the picture below is for @tony@CIC

A 59 Triumph not an MG, but it also gives the rest some idea of the size and type of car the MGA competed with.

Our car club had its 2nd Cars & Coffee event Saturday to raise money for Leader Dogs, and with August being a huge car event month here in Michigan, with the Dream Cruise, and other events going on this month, a lot of cool and unique vehicles are out and about.

59 Triumph.jpg

I have a preference for older Triumphs and definitely would have picked it over the MG. A funny quote that you can share with your British classics friends ."Lucas is credited for the inventing electrical shorts" . They'll understand. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Hanging out with @Kenny B for 3 days (at Monte's clinic in Seattle). Not sure who hits the better bunker shot, Kenny or Monte 😀

Thanks Derrick!  Monte liked it.  However, I totally embarrassed myself when I had to get up in front of the group and hit my 7i a FOOT behind the ball!!  💩  OK, settle down... did it again!!!  😳  Then it went downhill from there.  😂

Had a nice time with some great guys.  Monte was his usual self, with a few new stories since my last  clinic I attended 1.5 years ago.  My wife couldn't attend this year; she had a baby shower in Yakima on Saturday.  Halfway through that, she texted me and said that she should have come to the clinic!  🤣  

Tomorrow, @dlow206 and I plus one other guy get the on-course lessons from Monte.  I love this part... except where he says I don't hit the ball far enough!!  

On 8/2/2022 at 9:45 PM, bens197 said:

Gotta love it.

2ndswing will give you a company check as an option for used clubs. 

I think rockbottom and budgetgolf will do the same

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

The wife REALLY wanted to rent an old home in the historical district of Carlisle.  And, as we’ve moved in and unpacked, the basement became the default area for “we’ll figure out where this goes later.”

Put those two factors together and it means the area where my putting  green is supposed to go currently looks like this…

B9FD26F1-13CD-47C8-9473-2E1E13FCF943.jpeg.918eefc52e41f1e4ebb574491642274a.jpeg

Sigh…

Looks OK to me….

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list