TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

20 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

With the old app - if you blocked someone you could see their name but not the content of the message. 

I’ve got 2 Friday Bacon Boyz I’d like to block……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sunscreen and bugspray caution for damage to grass was something new for me last weekend when reminded by @Golfspy_CG2 and ran across this poignant reminder and graphic warning by one of my local courses.  TRIGGER WARNING for those sensitive to scenes of damage to curated grounds. 

Screenshot_20220814-080610_Facebook.jpg.bbf6a977ed2d483001d75cf7c1ce348b.jpg

Put it on at the vehicle in the parking lot, paved surfaces and gravel will appreciate the herbicidal application. 

Thanks for posting this!  Years ago in CT the Greenskeeper posted similar to this about BugSpray and Sunscreen. Since then I always apply in parking lot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, tony@CIC said:

A non running 57 MGA that's been sitting in my garage for the past 10 years. Needed a complete frame off restoration. Based on estimates for body work, painting, mechanical etc. the cost far exceeded the value of the car in excellent condition. The guy who bought it is a 'hobbyist' that does all of that work himself. Even with the work required I still got a great price for it. 

Well, this post is especially for @tony@CIC.......................... today for me was a NO GOLF day, as there was a car  show in Rochester, MI (home of Leader Dogs) put on by the local Lion's Club with all proceeds donated to the Dogs. There were about 300 cars in attendance, and all entry fees went directly to the Dogs, as well as any 50/50 ticket money. They raised about $9000.00 today.

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Well, this post is especially for @tony@CIC.......................... today for me was a NO GOLF day, as there was a car  show in Rochester, MI (home of Leader Dogs) put on by the local Lion's Club with all proceeds donated to the Dogs. There were about 300 cars in attendance, and all entry fees went directly to the Dogs, as well as any 50/50 ticket money. They raised about $9000.00 today.

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

I’ll take the 55 BRG please!  They are all great looking cars!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

1950mg.jpg

1953mg.jpg

1955mg.jpg

1959mg.jpg

They just don't make cars with the style they used to.

Robert, it looks like you had a good time there and I think it's great the Lions Club put this show on in support of Leader Dogs. That's a great amount of money raised for such a wonderful charity. 

The only reason I ever go to this event is because of the money they raise for Leader Dogs.

I try to participate or support most events which support that charity as what they provide those less fortunate who are unable to see for absolutely free is an amazing thing. They only get funds from private type donations, no government support at all. They raised about $9000.00 total today as all of the proceeds were donated directly to Leader Dogs.

I have gone to this event for many years and any awards are "People's Choice" where the general public walking around get ballots and fill them in for the cars they think should win.

This wasn't a wasted day for me and taking my car there for the event either. 😀

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

11 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Sunscreen and bugspray caution for damage to grass was something new for me last weekend when reminded by @Golfspy_CG2 and ran across this poignant reminder and graphic warning by one of my local courses.  TRIGGER WARNING for those sensitive to scenes of damage to curated grounds. 

Put it on at the vehicle in the parking lot, paved surfaces and gravel will appreciate the herbicidal application. 

Wow, good to know. I never thought about this but shame on me for not as I usually apply sunscreen in my driveway before heading to the course and I see a version of this on the asphalt. I will be sure to reapply on cart paths from now on when needed.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

17 hours ago, rkj427 said:

car  show in Rochester, MI

The old English sports cars are sooo cool .. they really deserve the moniker motorcars 👍

My Dad had a baby blue TR2 convertible .. until he got married... 🤷‍♂️🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, EasyPutter said:

If it does this to grass, why do I want it on my skin?  

I'm also concerned about the "blue stuff" the greenskeeper puts on greens that my ball and putter pick up.  I don't eat snacks on those days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm also concerned about the "blue stuff" the greenskeeper puts on greens that my ball and putter pick up.  I don't eat snacks on those days.

that is why i either go super early in the morning, or wear sleeves, or use mineral based sunscreens

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 8/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, EasyPutter said:

Wow. That is absolutely bonkers. Had no idea. 

Reminds me of an incident at a club I worked at while in college ... a member developed a rash and blisters around his lips. Turned out it was from him placing his cigar down on the fringe portion of the putting green during his round. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

17 hours ago, rkj427 said:

The only reason I ever go to this event is because of the money they raise for Leader Dogs.

I try to participate or support most events which support that charity as what they provide those less fortunate who are unable to see for absolutely free is an amazing thing. They only get funds from private type donations, no government support at all. They raised about $9000.00 total today as all of the proceeds were donated directly to Leader Dogs.

I have gone to this event for many years and any awards are "People's Choice" where the general public walking around get ballots and fill them in for the cars they think should win.

This wasn't a wasted day for me and taking my car there for the event either. 😀

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

Love your Vette--- In the past I have had 2 big block Vettes both 69 models. One was original and the other one was a butcher job. The butcher job was originally a 350 auto and someone did a butcher job installing a 427 4 speed but I bought it for a song and dance and it was basically a rat rod. Believe it or not that was the one stolen in like 79 with my golf clubs in it. My original 427 was all factory and I bought it cheap when I was in the Navy from a Pilot transferring out overseas. I drove it 2 years and took care of it and a guy offered me twice what I paid for it. Had to let it go at that price. My last Vette in like 86 was a 77 model anemic as heck with a puny low power 350 and auto but it was a looker and the ladies loved it. Out of all of my Vettes the butcher job was my favorite. It was built and had plenty of power but was dependable as heck. I drove it to Florida several times. It was a brute with no AC but did have T Tops

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The blue stuff is more than likely dye where they can keep their spray patterns up but I would say it can not be good for you along with whatever they are spraying. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Wow. That is absolutely bonkers. Had no idea. 

Reminds me of an incident at a club I worked at while in college ... a member developed a rash and blisters around his lips. Turned out it was from him placing his cigar down on the fringe portion of the putting green during his round. 

Dammedest thing I ever heard happened in Charlotte a few years back. This guy used to walk like 9 in the afternoons and played barefooted. He got really sick and the Docs had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with him. They finally found out somehow he had stepped in Goose poop and some kind of parasite got into his system through the soles of his feet. Once they figured that out they got him healed rather quickly.

G

38 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Dammedest thing I ever heard happened in Charlotte a few years back. This guy used to walk like 9 in the afternoons and played barefooted. He got really sick and the Docs had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with him. They finally found out somehow he had stepped in Goose poop and some kind of parasite got into his system through the soles of his feet. Once they figured that out they got him healed rather quickly.

Now that’s weird.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The blue is most likely a dye to ensure complete coverage of insecticide, fertilizer etc

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

49 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am now regretting some of my earlier choices of going barefoot...

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Love your Vette--- In the past I have had 2 big block Vettes both 69 models. One was original and the other one was a butcher job. The butcher job was originally a 350 auto and someone did a butcher job installing a 427 4 speed but I bought it for a song and dance and it was basically a rat rod. Believe it or not that was the one stolen in like 79 with my golf clubs in it. My original 427 was all factory and I bought it cheap when I was in the Navy from a Pilot transferring out overseas. I drove it 2 years and took care of it and a guy offered me twice what I paid for it. Had to let it go at that price. My last Vette in like 86 was a 77 model anemic as heck with a puny low power 350 and auto but it was a looker and the ladies loved it. Out of all of my Vettes the butcher job was my favorite. It was built and had plenty of power but was dependable as heck. I drove it to Florida several times. It was a brute with no AC but did have T Tops

Stu, here is a '67 427 original that was there yesterday..................... this car was beautiful and won the award for the C1 & C2 generation class.

Thank you for the compliment on mine as well! 👍

67 427.jpg

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Here is a '69 roadster and a '70 coupe that were there, both were small block engine vehicles

69 roadster.jpg

70 coupe.jpg

2 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

The blue is most likely a dye to ensure complete coverage of insecticide, fertilizer etc

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

The blue stuff is more than likely dye where they can keep their spray patterns up but I would say it can not be good for you along with whatever they are spraying. 

Yeah, I assume as much.  I think the "whatever they are spraying" is a fungicide.  Whatever, I don't like it on my ball or putter... kinda sticky.  Seems to work though; best looking greens this time of the year since I've been a member.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's Monday.  I get to the range around 10:30am; practice pitching a few ball onto the pitching green to warm up.  Doesn't take long at 90º.  😂

I head to the range for my full swing drills.  Range is pretty full; some people warming up with a small bucket before their tee time, some with a large bucket that will be there for awhile.  Most all of them are younger; everyone is younger than I am, but I'm looking at 20-40 year-old men and women.  It's Monday; it's 10:45...  except when I was on business travel, I worked from 7am to 4pm M-F for 46 years in this town.  Apparently, I was an idiot.  I could have being playing golf!!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

...... Apparently, I was an idiot. 

Excuse me sir....

It's 90* ... It's 11:00 so it's only going to get hotter....

And you are on the range beating balls....

You mistakenly used the past tense of the verb in that sentence!!

🤣

Although I have to give you credit for an improvement in my putting over the last month or so since I started looking at a spot on my line instead of the ball.  I know you do this and figured I would try it since I was frustrated with my putting.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's Monday.  I get to the range around 10:30am; practice pitching a few ball onto the pitching green to warm up.  Doesn't take long at 90º.  😂

I head to the range for my full swing drills.  Range is pretty full; some people warming up with a small bucket before their tee time, some with a large bucket that will be there for awhile.  Most all of them are younger; everyone is younger than I am, but I'm looking at 20-40 year-old men and women.  It's Monday; it's 10:45...  except when I was on business travel, I worked from 7am to 4pm M-F for 46 years in this town.  Apparently, I was an idiot.  I could have being playing golf!!

Probably happened in the last few years with COVID ramping up a lot of places for telecommuting.  I know a few of my lunch breaks have been spent at the range or chipping/putting at the nearest golf course.

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, I assume as much.  I think the "whatever they are spraying" is a fungicide.  Whatever, I don't like it on my ball or putter... kinda sticky.  Seems to work though; best looking greens this time of the year since I've been a member.

Actually the sticky stuff is added just to do that be sticky as not to let the chemical or fertilizer run off its intended surface

G

10 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Probably happened in the last few years with COVID ramping up a lot of places for telecommuting.  I know a few of my lunch breaks have been spent at the range or chipping/putting at the nearest golf course.

One of my golf buds is a regional manager for a major retail company. They did have an office here before the pandemic.They shut it down and he worked on his computer from home. They decided it was cheaper to keep the office closed so now he works from home all the time. He lives on the 2nd hole of our course. Only drawback for him is he basically has to work during normal retail business hours so he can not sneak out in the mornings and it has been too darn hot and humid lately to play the afternoon . Some mornings I slip by and have a cup of coffee with him

G

58 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yeah, that's it... 5 hour lunch breaks!!  Most of them we headed to the 1st tee after they hit their balls.  

It did start with COVID; prior to that, the course was empty after 10am except for a few of us old guys.  Now you can't get a tee time before 3pm.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Excuse me sir....

It's 90* ... It's 11:00 so it's only going to get hotter....

And you are on the range beating balls....

You mistakenly used the past tense of the verb in that sentence!!

🤣

Although I have to give you credit for an improvement in my putting over the last month or so since I started looking at a spot on my line instead of the ball.  I know you do this and figured I would try it since I was frustrated with my putting.

90º is cool here... it's dry remember?  The hottest time of the day is 4-5pm.  106-108º on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm leaving for the Oregon Coast where the high is only going to be 65º with low at night of 55º..

Glad you are putting better, although I don't look at a spot on the line... I look at the hole.  At least I'm not looking at the ball!!  I can lag long putts pretty well judging the distance by looking at where I want the ball to end up.  However, when I look at the ball, I seem forget the distance and sometimes I only putt the ball about halfway!!  Whatever works I guess.

EDIT:  Oh yeah... FYI... I am NOT a sir.  I am El Conquistador.  😂  (look it up on Bob and Tom if you don't know that one.)