TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

We've been talking to my daughter about becoming a nurse anesthetist as we had a good friend's niece just finish the program, another one in the middle of the program and our neighbor also being one in the military. We'll see if she budges from still wanting to be a bar tender or personal shopper🤦‍♂️  I told her if she has caviar tastes you need to back it up with a job that will support it. At least she understood that part of the conversation...lol

MDGolfHacker  

Both our daughters started college clueless and I mean clueless!!  One became a elementary school teacher and now is the IT Teacher the other saw a class by Dr Henry Lee (jr year) and switched to criminal justice.  
They find their way, daughters can be PIA. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

We'll see if she budges from still wanting to be a bar tender or personal shopper🤦‍♂️  I told her if she has caviar tastes you need to back it up with a job that will support it. At least she understood that part of the conversation...lol  

Bartenders can make pretty good money.  Knew a guy that bartended at the beach in the summer and ski resorts in the winter and had a pretty good life.   😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Bartenders can make pretty good money.  Knew a guy that bartended at the beach in the summer and ski resorts in the winter and had a pretty good life.   😁

It’s tough to be a bartender in FL, seniors are cheap 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s tough to be a bartender in FL, seniors are cheap 😱

Wouldn’t do Florida except for spring break; talking more about resorts.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Wouldn’t do Florida except for spring break; talking more about resorts.   

Resorts big tippers!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

I know y’all are talking about colleges but how about a trade school??? Tradesmen can make dang good money once in their unions and they are way higher in demand than most college degrees and it’s not a waste of money. I do not regret dropping out of college one bit and I’m making more now than I would have for the job I was going to school for.

Difficult when the expectation is that “you go to college, a get a degree and get a job”….i do hope that the standard adjusts but not optimistic. Can’t get a trade person right now it’s brutal hiring rifgt now 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I laugh at that because we have all these people going for degrees which they don’t use just because they have to go to college. I’d say firefighting and being a paramedic are some super hard trades that we are HIGH demand for but they don’t get talked about much, they get falsely represented in TV shows and movies but no one talks about how short we are in those fields.

100%, the colleges or whoever else that put out college is for everyone and have created this huge desire have done a really good job at it

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

58 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Trade schools need that kind of marketing 

They also need businesses to recognize that a skilled tradesperson (politically correct) with real life work experience is worth as much if not more than a person with a degree in a field that they don't even work in. Such as a "History Degree" allowing an individual to hold an engineering manager or other management position just due to the fact they have "the paper."

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

We (Company) started a cooperation to help work with the kids that showed good mechanical ability and were probably not heading to college.  Worked well for a lot of years.  We and with a few other companies took these kids in on an apprenticeship that was thru the state and they were monitored and received a certificate after completion.  The company I retired from took in many kids and quite a few are still there.  The state was a big help most of the time.  
I could see 15+ years ago that the schools were not really working with us that well.  New teachers and guidance councilors had different ideas. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Lava Links GC - Soap Lake WA  World's Worse Golf Course??  And NO, it's not my home course.  🤣

https://www.king5.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/evening/soap-lake-wa-worlds-worst-golf-course/281-99335bc7-977f-4eea-9ac5-b8fca8bd37a7

@Thin2win and @fixyurdivot... no it won't be on next year's MGS PNW Golf Extravaganza!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, Lacassem said:

Recently came upon an old fire pull station box. Always love seeing these bad boys so decided to spruce it up and going to turn it into a bottle opener/storage for bottles for my brother who is on the local fire department. Not done yet but I love it.

Pullbox2.jpg.9dd1efc5e95a4172c3f5fb1714e3f4c0.jpgPullbox.jpg.bc663e1775da16a629c877d5ca51312f.jpg

Just saw this I know late again as usual----- I had a couple a few years back that came from all places Hurricane WVA. My business partner in the trucking business was from there and he bought a pallet full of them for like $25. He gave me a couple. I had a small sandblaster at the time and blasted them and restored them for something to do. I had a big sale and sold them to some interior decorater for $100 each.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 8/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, tommc23 said:

I laugh at that because we have all these people going for degrees which they don’t use just because they have to go to college. I’d say firefighting and being a paramedic are some super hard trades that we are HIGH demand for but they don’t get talked about much, they get falsely represented in TV shows and movies but no one talks about how short we are in those fields.

Yep you are correct--- As of a few weeks ago for the fall semester our local community college is offering fully accrediated firefighter and paramedic courses. Our county is a big county and those trained folks are desperately needed with our booming population. In fact the county was behind it. In fact they started an intern program. I think after like 9 weeks they can take basic Firefighting and go full time as a rookie on one of the county departments and earn credits for full time employment and career. On the medical end I am not sure. But I do know after a certain amount of training hours they also serve an internship.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Just saw this I know late again as usual----- I had a couple a few years back that came from all places Hurricane WVA. My business partner in the trucking business was from there and he bought a pallet full of them for like $25. He gave me a couple. I had a small sandblaster at the time and blasted them and restored them for something to do. I had a big sale and sold them to some interior decorater for $100 each.

There are some online that go for 7/800 bucks, it’s crazy. My brother snagged a hydrant a few weeks ago (not sure how he got it), going to refinish thag for him and he’s going to turn it into an outdoor shower. Pretty sweet.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 8/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, tommc23 said:

Trade schools need that kind of marketing 

If you watch 'This Old House', they do a great job of promoting trades in what they call "Generation Next'. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/30/2022 at 3:52 PM, Rickp said:

We (Company) started a cooperation to help work with the kids that showed good mechanical ability and were probably not heading to college.  Worked well for a lot of years.  We and with a few other companies took these kids in on an apprenticeship that was thru the state and they were monitored and received a certificate after completion.  The company I retired from took in many kids and quite a few are still there.  The state was a big help most of the time.  
I could see 15+ years ago that the schools were not really working with us that well.  New teachers and guidance councilors had different ideas. 

Our community college also started a new diesel truck school too--- Not only drivers but mechanics as well---- In fact this area is screaming for diesel mechanics---- 

G

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Our last harvest here in Montana.  The balers have some new equipment and were flying the Stars & Stripes in proud fashion.

Bill_Jen_River.jpg.8d113c2f326b014915fde029fd1a6dcb.jpg

410348586_harvest2022.jpg.3e49e5f04bb180763d3a2cd4faa302e0.jpg309766413_harvest2022_1.jpg.70596b76f405cea8ca0dabad4dacd048.jpg

I miss that from CT where we had farm fields in our backyard.  I don’t miss when they did the manure spreader in Spring……

Rick

Left Hand, 

17 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

That background 😍😍😍 I really want to move to MT

Yes it is pretty cool. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Lava Links GC - Soap Lake WA  World's Worse Golf Course??  And NO, it's not my home course.  🤣

https://www.king5.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/evening/soap-lake-wa-worlds-worst-golf-course/281-99335bc7-977f-4eea-9ac5-b8fca8bd37a7

@Thin2win and @fixyurdivot... no it won't be on next year's MGS PNW Golf Extravaganza!!!

I'm going to set up a GoFundMe to cover the even more lengthy distance and travel costs 🙂.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

19 hours ago, Rickp said:

I miss that from CT where we had farm fields in our backyard.  I don’t miss when they did the manure spreader in Spring……

Trust me I can relate. At the course my old man ran we had to take chicken manure and mix it with sand and then shovel it by hand in the spreader. And the mix had to be right do too much manure has too much nitrogen by itself and will cook the grass. We also had a mix with sewer sludge from the local waste treatment plant we had to mix it with peat loam. On that stuff we also had to use sticks with nails to pick out used condoms no joke. Later on when I got a drivers license I did get to drive the C-60 dump to pick up the materials so that was sorta a blessing for me in those days. But even with that I still had to help in all the other processes like before

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me I can relate. At the course my old man ran we had to take chicken manure and mix it with sand and then shovel it by hand in the spreader. And the mix had to be right do too much manure has too much nitrogen by itself and will cook the grass. We also had a mix with sewer sludge from the local waste treatment plant we had to mix it with peat loam. On that stuff we also had to use sticks with nails to pick out used condoms no joke. Later on when I got a drivers license I did get to drive the C-60 dump to pick up the materials so that was sorta a blessing for me in those days. But even with that I still had to help in all the other processes like before

I can’t top this😁.
I did hay on a farm for 2 summers when I was 12-13 but nothing like you did!!!

Rick

Left Hand,