ole gray

Random Thread

good thoughts people, good swing thoughts count!  😂

Received a little thank you package from Titleist today. They dona pretty good job of giving back to their consumers.

EF554BF9-0287-45C4-A7A4-A1D4345FB18D.thumb.jpeg.41f63bfcb829d2c4eed749eacf89e9d8.jpeg

That's awesome. It's great to see companies when they make an effort to say thanks in an unexpected way to it's customers. With Abby taking on a larger role in that capacity, I'm not surprised.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 4

Received a little thank you package from Titleist today. They dona pretty good job of giving back to their consumers.

EF554BF9-0287-45C4-A7A4-A1D4345FB18D.thumb.jpeg.41f63bfcb829d2c4eed749eacf89e9d8.jpeg

That’s awesome, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

This is the perfect place to say that my college buddies came to church last Saturday evening and brought me a care package that included toilet paper, a bottle opener, a cutter, a history fact book, a bottle of scotch, a regifted card and a box of Tp 5xs.

I played with the Taylor Made ball this week and was suitably impressed. The only balls other than the Pro VIx that I’ve played a round with were a two piece as a part of the MGS challenge last Spring. I’ve played a hole or two with the Chrome soft x but honestly that ball is not my cup of tea, feels too soft and spins too little around the green for my taste.

The TMag? I could game that one.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

This is the perfect place to say that my college buddies came to church last Saturday evening and brought me a care package that included toilet paper, a bottle opener, a cutter, a history fact book, a bottle of scotch, a regifted card and a box of Tp 5xs.

I played with the Taylor Made ball this week and was suitably impressed. The only balls other than the Pro VIx that I’ve played a round with were a two piece as a part of the MGS challenge last Spring. I’ve played a hole or two with the Chrome soft x but honestly that ball is not my cup of tea, feels too soft and spins too little around the green for my taste.

Found a couple TP5 this year and was also impressed.

They have them on sale at Dick's for 34.99 ... both the x and non-x version.  pretty good deal for a nice ball....

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&DSGsearchType=Keyword&pageSize=48&nowcs=tp5&searchTerm=tp5x&advsearch=true

• Like 1

Nice little care package. Covers a lot of ground.

I agree with you on both the TP5 and Chrome Soft.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 3

The Chrome soft is interesting because I just picked up my re-shafted 9 iron and my fitter was extolling its virtues.  I commented that it's a very good ball but that I don't like how soft it feels.  The soft balls of today do not feel like Balata did IMO, they feel contrived, kind of like when you get flavored potato chips. 

That's my take - clearly they have their niche and the answer an objection to the modern ball feeling too firm for some - they just aren't for me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

The Chrome soft is interesting because I just picked up my re-shafted 9 iron and my fitter was extolling its virtues.  I commented that it's a very good ball but that I don't like how soft it feels.  The soft balls of today do not feel like Balata did IMO, they feel contrived, kind of like when you get flavored potato chips. 

That's my take - clearly they have their niche and the answer an objection to the modern ball feeling too firm for some - they just aren't for me.

The chromesoft have always felt soft to me and I’ve seen 1/2-1club less with them than other tour level balls. TM has two really good ball in the TP line and I’m curious what the next gen is going to be like. I’m a titleist homer when it comes to balls but if I were to deity it would be to TM

• Like 2

Eye surgery in one week (Dec 17).....followed by approx 3 weeks of recuperation. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Eye surgery in one week (Dec 17).....followed by approx 3 weeks of recuperation. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the results.

Good luck with your eye surgery; hope it goes well.  

Good luck. They're doing amazing things these days.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good luck. Now you’ll be able too see your 300 yard drives better

• Like 3

Be strong, like the Marines say, "pain is weakness leaving your body". Prayers as well

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

My wife just found out the same. Her's will be in a couple of months. 

Hope all goes well. 

Good luck Foz!

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Good luck! I hope all goes well. 

Hope all goes well and your recovery is complete and compact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk