ole gray

Random Thread

1 hour ago, Edveed said:

I’ve followed golf forums for almost 10 years now.And maybe it is me, but the overall posts and threads created has really dropped substantially.I remember making a thread on another forum.And within a few hours it would drop out of sight onto the second page.There was some massive online golf forum traffic back in the day.Now threads seem to hang on the opening page for almost a week at times.With little or no responses

love this forum.But times have really changed.So many members have left or maybe even possibly passed away.Seems like most never hang around.Or are only about giveaways

There's a cyclicality to everything we do. If you're comparing today to 10 years ago, there were fewer golf resources online, there was a  certain "newness" to it,  and yes, the contests are or were appealing. While there aren't several pages of new posts every hour or day here, I'm ok with that, as my preference is  quality over quantity. 

• Like 4

It's sunrise now here in Idaho and what an extraordinary sight to see with no cloud cover this morning. If any of you have the chance to take a peek the next few days before the sun rises where you're at (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere), look to the Southeast and you'll be amazed! First of course there is the "morning Star" Venus (more towards the South). She is really close to us right now (50 million miles) and very bright. But further toward the SE are two other bright orbs that are "close" together, Mercury & Jupiter. Though Jupiter currently is roughly about 12-times further away from us (720.5 million miles) than our current distance from Mercury (59 million miles), Jupiter still looks to be the larger of the two points which just shows you just how big that frickin' planet is!!! Mind-blowing stuff when seen from this perspective. Take a look if you have the chance and geek-out with me.

EDIT: In the time it took me to compose this, have stepped outside again and Mercury & Jupiter are already obliterated by the sun's brightness and it hasn't even come above the horizon yet. So, to see them, I'd say you'd need to looking roughly 30-45 minutes before sunrise to see this amazing sight. They'll be just above the horizon by 10 or 20 degrees I'm guessing. Happy viewing!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Edveed said:

I’ve followed golf forums for almost 10 years now.And maybe it is me, but the overall posts and threads created has really dropped substantially.I remember making a thread on another forum.And within a few hours it would drop out of sight onto the second page.There was some massive online golf forum traffic back in the day.Now threads seem to hang on the opening page for almost a week at times.With little or no responses

love this forum.But times have really changed.So many members have left or maybe even possibly passed away.Seems like most never hang around.Or are only about giveaways

There are other forums that post in my opinion lots of random junk  causing it to appear like there is lots of "golf" talk.   I personally like this smaller community,  lots of good people that love the game and have good thoughts, ideas, and information to share.   During the summer people come out of the woodwork for testing opportunities that many of those short term members consider giveaways.   

• Like 6

I enjoy the “small” nature here. People post quality stuff, in-general, and I feel like there is a good group of “friends”. Yeah, as soon as the first testing opportunity hits following the PGA Show, we’ll see “New guy/girl from ______.” They’ll probably stay around long enough to see if they’ve been chosen, then move along until the next opportunity. It’s ok. No big deal. Some of us got here that way and ended-up staying, and being great contributors. If one wants BIG, WRX is still out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I enjoy the “small” nature here. People post quality stuff, in-general, and I feel like there is a good group of “friends”. Yeah, as soon as the first testing opportunity hits following the PGA Show, we’ll see “New guy/girl from ______.” They’ll probably stay around long enough to see if they’ve been chosen, then move along until the next opportunity. It’s ok. No big deal. Some of us got here that way and ended-up staying, and being great contributors. If one wants BIG, WRX is still out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I created an account at WRX a while back, but ended up hating it. It was way too BIG for what I wanted. I like the "small" nature here. It feels more like I'm talking to a person, than some random person posting garbage on the internet. I couldn't stand how I wasn't able to read all of the content on WRX and most of it was just arguing anyway. 

Also, @Edveed, its winter for most of us northerners, so there is less golf to talk. I'm sure content will pick up some in the summer. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 7

My wife and I are slowly turning into rock-hounds.  We walk River (yellow lab) in the desert everyday and come back with our pockets and fanny packs stuffed with rocks.  We've always had a bit of a hankering for finding rocks, gems, and gold panning, but this area is pretty target rich.  I bought her a rock tumbler for Christmas and it's currently running our first batch. Some mornings, the walk goes for 2 hours with River running back n' forth between us wondering what the hell we're doing. Once you get started, it is addictive 🤪.  The best part is that I actually think it helps train me to keep my head down 😀.

• Like 6

My wife and I are slowly turning into rock-hounds.  We walk River (yellow lab) in the desert everyday and come back with our pockets and fanny packs stuffed with rocks.  We've always had a bit of a hankering for finding rocks, gems, and gold panning, but this area is pretty target rich.  I bought her a rock tumbler for Christmas and it's currently running our first batch. Some mornings, the walk goes for 2 hours with River running back n' forth between us wondering what the hell we're doing. Once you get started, it is addictive 🤪.  The best part is that I actually think it helps train me to keep my head down .

Haha.

Yeah, we are the same. We caught the agate bug this summer, and now we are always on the look out. Lots of Petoskey Stones back “home”.

Good way to spend a sunny afternoon.
  • Like 2

@Jmikecpa I took my wife to see him at Northfield Racino on Thursday night for a Christmas present...didn't get an up close and personal pic though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattF said:

@Jmikecpa I took my wife to see him at Northfield Racino on Thursday night for a Christmas present...didn't get an up close and personal pic though.

Nice, he does put on a great show.  My daughter wanted to meet him and so did my wife and well I knew a guy that could make that happen.  He talked with my youngest for a few minutes about learning guitar and performing which was really cool for her.  She now has a Bret Michaels guitar pick that she has been using non-stop since she got up this morning.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2018 at 6:27 AM, Edveed said:

Social Media!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Captain, My Captain!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Been 10 years now since I played a real round of golf. Extremely under the weather this holidays. So far it looks like it could be 11 years and counting. I can’t win 

• Sad 1

Does it get much more random than this? I'll let you guys know if he replies 😂

Screenshot_20190103-161945[1].jpg

• Like 7

I am pretty positive I will be asked to leave MGS headquarters tomorrow.  It will be my first day of Most Wanted Testing for 2019 and I have a feeling I will be testing out a lot more than I am scheduled to test.  Drivers are scheduled, but hoping some of the new putters will be there as well.  

Don't know why but I am really excited about testing this year;  maybe because I am in the market for a new putter 

• Like 6

On 1/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, yungkory said:

Does it get much more random than this? I'll let you guys know if he replies 😂

Screenshot_20190103-161945[1].jpg

WELL.... We're waiting!