ole gray

Random Thread

1 minute ago, robertson153 said:

If anyone wants a laugh go look at the sunglasses giveaway thread. I scrolled through all the pages and recognize maybe 5-6 names. Where do these people hide while we’re talking golf?? I just find it very annoying when all they do is show up and scream pick me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Me too, but you have to expect it any time there is a giveaway or testing. I just wonder where these people popping up from. It isn't like the monitor the forum on a daily basis, so how they apply 1 second after the thread is posted beats me. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

Me too, but you have to expect it any time there is a giveaway or testing. I just wonder where these people popping up from. It isn't like the monitor the forum on a daily basis, so how they apply 1 second after the thread is posted beats me. 

This is how they know.
IMG_0123.JPG

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I didn't even know something was being given away lol

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

If anyone wants a laugh go look at the sunglasses giveaway thread. I scrolled through all the pages and recognize maybe 5-6 names. Where do these people hide while we’re talking golf?? I just find it very annoying when all they do is show up and scream pick me.

Happens everywhere. Other forums deal with it too, and there are untold Twitter accounts that solely exist to enter giveaways, and whine about not getting free stuff. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, russtopherb said:

January 28 is officially the day this year that I started to miss golf. 

Every winter I usually have one day where it really hits me that I'm a few months out from being able to play still. Today was that day. 

Agreed. I don't want to say I was burned out on golf, but I didn't "miss" it until the first big snow. Then I wanted to go somewhere warm and play... a lot.

• Like 3

Snow storm today... Calling for one feet of snow and 14 °f.. Going to my indoor golf simulator "Bistro" ... 

You can do wonders with imagination and good wine 😁🍷

• Like 1

So I am going to preface this with at 42 years old I have not been on a date with anyone but my wife in almost 25 years.

I had to go to a local bank this week to open a bank account for a new entity that we formed through the company I work for. Rules required a N.Y. domiciled bank and our corporate bank is out of Ohio so no luck with doing it the easy way. Well needless to say this was not an easy process and I have been to the branch five times in the last three days. The young woman helping me get the account open was cordial and friendly and I thought not much of it.

Today I had to head back with some documents I needed to sign and get notarized so I decided to take my GC with me so we could grab lunch while we were out. After lunch we stop stop at the bank to drop off the paperwork. The young woman helping me has taken to calling me Mr. after I told her to use my first name. Still makes me uncomfortable when I here Mr and my last name.

Well as we are leaving the young woman hands me her business card and tells me “my cell number is written on the back of you ever need to call me for anything”. I said thank you and thanked her for the help to get the account open.

Get out to my car and my GC asks me if I am that oblivious??? No clue what the heck he was talking about and just thought she was helpful. Apparently she was flirting with me the entire time and I should just burn the card so my wife never sees it.

Now two questions I had for myself. I am actually that blind that I don’t even notice these things and when the hell did this happen to me???? I understand reality that I am middle aged with kids and don’t exactly live for the weekend parties anymore, but hell I should be able to pick up on apparently what was obvious.

Also in full disclosure I told SWMBO and she laughed....a lot. Then told me I am not oblivious I am a Finance guy so I am well aware of what half. Apparently I put blinders on when that became a real meaningful number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 1/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, tony@CIC said:

Did your wife enable their escape to your local goodwill store?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

They are completely gone 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, robertson153 said:

This is how they know.
IMG_0123.JPG

So just to add a little here.  We mix it up throughout the year with giveaways and testings. Some are only listed on the forum, and will only be seen by registered forum members.   Others are promoted on the home page and promoted through SM and email list. Those are ones that are seen by hundreds of thousands if not more readers on a monthly basis.   So yes, some will see a giveaway click the link register to the forum, enter and never be heard from again.    it is our hope on the larger email and SM promotions that some will see the cool things going on the forum and decide to stick around and participate, we know 99% won't but if we can get a few new good active members now and then from that, it's all good.

As for testings, I think anyone who has been active on here for a while realizes we try to get a good mix of established members but also entice newer members with a testing as well to get them more involved.    But yeah, the guy who signed up that morning with one post and no profile picture, probably isn't going to be selected for a Cobra Challenge testing or something like that 😉

• Like 4

On 1/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, russtopherb said:

Happens everywhere. Other forums deal with it too, and there are untold Twitter accounts that solely exist to enter giveaways, and whine about not getting free stuff. 

It’s amazing looking sat some twitter feeds and the number of contests entries some people have.  Not to mention how many of those people are just entering to win and have no intention of using the product. I know one person who won a nice set of irons and either hardly used them or not even sung them because they have a set of irons they don’t want to stop using and yet entered several giveaways for other irons

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

XL8cKR2.jpg

That’s awesome. My favorite Beatles song with my co-favorite muppet.

• Like 1

8 hours before my flight and I'm in Phoenix. Found a 9 hole executive course that rents clubs. 😊

• Like 3

Had some time to kill on Monday so I took a trip to the Golfers Warehouse in Braintree MA...

Really cool place - 2 bays for hitting used. 4 bays with GCquad. Got to try both old and new stuff... I probably overstayed my welcome but there wasn't many people there.  That TS2...wow!

There was a large putting corral and I had fun trying them all. A few Betti's, Ping, TM, a couple Evnroll, Scotty...my favorite was easily the new Odyssey with the stroke lab shaft. Not only are they a beautiful club, the weight and feel is better than anything I've ever tried. Odyssey has something with this shaft. You've got to try it if you get a chance.  The new TM had a KBS graphite putter shaft I'd never seen either. 

Some cool putters this year!

IMG_20190218_164931.jpg

IMG_20190218_164924.jpg

IMG_20190218_164553.jpg

IMG_20190218_163755.jpg

IMG_20190218_163728.jpg

MVIMG_20190218_164402.jpg

IMG_20190218_164333.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 2/19/2019 at 8:40 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Had some time to kill on Monday so I took a trip to the Golfers Warehouse in Braintree MA...

Really cool place - 2 bays for hitting used. 4 bays with GCquad. Got to try both old and new stuff... I probably overstayed my welcome but there wasn't many people there.  That TS2...wow!

There was a large putting corral and I had fun trying them all. A few Betti's, Ping, TM, a couple Evnroll, Scotty...my favorite was easily the new Odyssey with the stroke lab shaft. Not only are they a beautiful club, the weight and feel is better than anything I've ever tried. Odyssey has something with this shaft. You've got to try it if you get a chance.  The new TM had a KBS graphite putter shaft I'd never seen either. 

Some cool putters this year!

IMG_20190218_164931.jpg

IMG_20190218_164924.jpg

IMG_20190218_164553.jpg

IMG_20190218_163755.jpg

IMG_20190218_163728.jpg

MVIMG_20190218_164402.jpg

IMG_20190218_164333.jpg

Man I still can't believe there are no decent golf stores in central new jersey.  2 small golf galaxy stores within 45 minutes of me, but that is about it.  Closest PGA SuperStore is over 90 minutes away.  

I did get a chance to demo the new Odyssey Stroke Labs when I stopped at a golf galaxy last week and they definitely felt interesting.  They felt rather light, but that just may be relative to my Evnroll

• Like 1

Absolutely stoked. Heading to Boston on Thursday and going to see the Bolts play the Bruins in TD Garden. Will proudly be flying in my Stamkos sweater from Seattle! Just wish the weather were better so we could play actual golf and not simulator golf on Friday!😂 I despise hitting on simulators, it exaggerates my mishits like crazy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Absolutely stoked. Heading to Boston on Thursday and going to see the Bolts play the Bruins in TD Garden. Will proudly be flying in my Stamkos sweater from Seattle! Just wish the weather were better so we could play actual golf and not simulator golf on Friday!😂 I despise hitting on simulators, it exaggerates my mishits like crazy.

Nice! Enjoy the trip, but hopefully TB loses 😉 Weather's going to be garbage on Thursday (mix of rain & snow) so def no outside golf. 

• Like 1

Fun day doing most wanted  game improvement iron testing today.   Was hitting pitching wedge from 130 and had balls finish at 11", 2", and 0".  Does that count as a hole in one?????

As a putter junkie was excited to see that MGS had obtained a Spider X so I had to give it a try.  Wish it wasn't $350 but I was really impressed with the putter.  The insert had good feel and I was really able to control distance and line well.  it has moved into serious consideration to vie for a spit in the bag.  

• Like 6

I know we have some guys in my area on here. There's a fly fishing and wingshooting expo going on at Lake Harmony Galleria this weekend. I'll be there Saturday stop the big guy working with dogs for NAVHDA. 

• Like 1