ole gray

Random Thread

I have another grand daughter as of May 17. Brynleigh Mae. 3 grand daughters and a grand son. I'll be a busy grandpa in the next few years...lol.

Congrats!! Cool name too!
  • Like 1

I have another grand daughter as of May 17. Brynleigh Mae. 3 grand daughters and a grand son. I'll be a busy grandpa in the next few years...lol.

Congratulations!!
We also have 1 boy and 3 girls grandchildren. Oldest is girl 16, 17 in July and we paid for 1/2 of her car last month.
Only 3 more to go
  • Like 2

The PING Blueprint irons are $230 a club... that is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Bad weather heading to the midwest this evening!

teeth&bras.jpg

• Haha 3

They are definitely not on my short list either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

They are nice, hit them last week, but too much club for me. Both style and price
  • Like 3

Someone cleaned the coffee pot, but forgot to rinse all of the salt out. Nothing worse than waiting for a nice cup and have it ruined... 🤢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Shankster said:

The PXG / Bob Parsons effect?!?!?  He proved people will pay ridiculous prices based solely on marketing.  More expensive rarely equals better quality.  

• Like 2

The PXG / Bob Parsons effect?!?!?  He proved people will pay ridiculous prices based solely on marketing.  More expensive rarely equals better quality.  

Yep. It’s a crock of you know what if you ask me.

I am surprised the die hard blade fans aren’t kicking and screaming that they aren’t 1020 steel.

I just don’t get it. It is impossible to grow the game for the majority of golfers if you keep hiking the prices up.

If I was looking to get someone into the game I don’t know how I could tell them that it is cool to spend more than $2000 on some sticks and they might not even like it. Sure there are used options and cheaper clubs, but this is getting a little out of hand.

My guess is $600 drivers, $350+ fairway woods, $250 Hybrids, and $200 per iron next year from a majority of the brands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Yep. It’s a crock of you know what if you ask me.

I am surprised the die hard blade fans aren’t kicking and screaming that they aren’t 1020 steel.

I just don’t get it. It is impossible to grow the game for the majority of golfers if you keep hiking the prices up.

If I was looking to get someone into the game I don’t know how I could tell them that it is cool to spend more than $2000 on some sticks and they might not even like it. Sure there are used options and cheaper clubs, but this is getting a little out of hand.

My guess is $600 drivers, $350+ fairway woods, $250 Hybrids, and $200 per iron next year from a majority of the brands.

I haven't bought the latest release of anything in a number of years.  Still gaming everything in my bag except wedges and putter from at least 5 years ago.  I refuse to play that game.  Like the golf ball market, they are going to push people toward direct-to-consumer club manufacturers like Sub 70 and Hogan.

• Like 4

Weed whacking and grass cutting a few acres where poison Ivy is prevalent makes me do everything I can to keep it off of me.

20190521_131142.jpg

• Like 4

Weed whacking and grass cutting a few acres where poison Ivy is prevalent makes me do everything I can to keep it off of me.
20190521_131142.thumb.jpg.269cf8fa656a833f8fe3068ba66085c1.jpg

Don't forget to wash everything in cold water. When I'm around it I immediately throw everything into the washer - handling them with gloves by the way.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

“Sharp Dressed Man”
One of my daughters can catch poison ivy if she’s in the same city!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Don't forget to wash everything in cold water. When I'm around it I immediately throw everything into the washer - handling them with gloves by the way.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'll be doing it again tomorrow then I'm gonna wash it. My friend asked me when I got out on prison work release lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Being the packrat that I am, I came across two tapes recently - a cassette of the very first rehearsal of the very first rock band I was in when I was 13, and a VHS of us rehearsing a few months later. I've spent the morning converting them to share with the other guys, who I'm still in touch with 30 years later. Pretty cool if you ask me. 

• Like 4

I dislike flying.

• Like 2

Haha. Jamie Donaldson just rose up my OWGR list. Many style points.

• Like 3

So did this guy! On a Safari!!!

• Like 2

Tomorrow we honor our fallen brothers & sisters 🇺🇸

• Like 9

I am 100% sure there is nothing better then BBQ’d Bacon with Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce... mmm bacon.

• Like 6