ole gray

Random Thread

Apparently I was on the move quite a bit over the long weekend!

Friday: Fitting for the Ping Long Game Gap testing and my usual workout. 

Saturday: Cardio in the morning, the usual running around for kids activities and a last minute twilight 18.

Sunday: Played 18 as usual.

Monday: Played 18 at the same course as the fitting and worked out afterwards. I get home, prep my lunch for today and help the wife out with a few things around the house. 

Needless to say I woke up this morning feeling very 40, which is saying something since I'm in excellent shape. I had a great weekend, but I will be enjoying a day of rest today!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Apparently I was on the move quite a bit over the long weekend!

Friday: Fitting for the Ping Long Game Gap testing and my usual workout. 

Saturday: Cardio in the morning, the usual running around for kids activities and a last minute twilight 18.

Sunday: Played 18 as usual.

Monday: Played 18 at the same course as the fitting and worked out afterwards. I get home, prep my lunch for today and help the wife out with a few things around the house. 

Needless to say I woke up this morning feeling very 40, which is saying something since I'm in excellent shape. I had a great weekend, but I will be enjoying a day of rest today!

Dude the sun DESTROYED me yesterday. Ate lunch and napped after I got home and got a wicked headache. Woke up and cooked dinner, and went back to sleep at around 10. I was feeling very 40 and I'm only 33, and only played once this weekend 😭

• Like 1

Dude the sun DESTROYED me yesterday. Ate lunch and napped after I got home and got a wicked headache. Woke up and cooked dinner, and went back to sleep at around 10. I was feeling very 40 and I'm only 33, and only played once this weekend 

Oh I absolutely paid for it, haha! I was stiff from my neck to my toes last night and was still feeling it this morning.

Went to my nephews little league baseball game today.He is 7 and is in the second tier group (ages 7-9).The second tier is no pitcher, but the ball is shot from a pitching machine.Anyway, to my surprise the coaches were keeping stats and they also had a score (winner and loser team).Whatever happened to just playing the game for fun at this ripe age of 7-9.Why the stats and why even have a score?I would think being out there making new friends and learning a new sport should be the main goal.When I was a youth many moons ago we never worried about winning or losing until 5th grade little league. 

33 minutes ago, Big money said:

Went to my nephews little league baseball game today.He is 7 and is in the second tier group (ages 7-9).The second tier is no pitcher, but the ball is shot from a pitching machine.Anyway, to my surprise the coaches were keeping stats and they also had a score (winner and loser team).Whatever happened to just playing the game for fun at this ripe age of 7-9.Why the stats and why even have a score?I would think being out there making new friends and learning a new sport should be the main goal.When I was a youth many moons ago we never worried about winning or losing until 5th grade little league. 

Heck when I was a kid we had pitchers at that age

• Like 5

Heck when I was a kid we had pitchers at that age

They may be only 7-9 but the kids know what the score is and if they win or lost. They are more aware than we realize.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Big money said:

Keeping score is good for them, teaches competitiveness.  Better than just giving everyone a trophy!

• Like 5

Keeping score is good for them, teaches competitiveness.  Better than just giving everyone a trophy!

About 9-10 years ago we were at my grandsons soccer game he was around 4-5 years old.
After the game he asked me if I saw his goal and of course I did and then he said too “bad we lost”, I was surprised because they were not keeping score but these little guys knew.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Rickp said:

About 9-10 years ago we were at my grandsons soccer game he was around 4-5 years old.
After the game he asked me if I saw his goal and of course I did and then he said too “bad we lost”, I was surprised because they were not keeping score but these little guys knew.

Yeah - that's like when I go out for a practice round and say I'm not keeping score. If you ask me at the end of the round how I did I could tell you exactly what my score was. 

• Like 5

Yeah - that's like when I go out for a practice round and say I'm not keeping score. If you ask me at the end of the round how I did I could tell you exactly what my score was. 

Pretty much.....

Been a minute... so here are some smoked Tenderloins to get your mouth wateringIMG_2877.thumb.JPG.dfb9d58eaab5f1b6d1c58e92854de96b.JPG

IMG_2880.thumb.JPG.a72bd439c15f10a1443b23de82507620.JPGIMG_2881.thumb.JPG.c104966890d46abdbd4be1355313b297.JPG

• Like 4

@No3PuttLaLa How's the Traeger working? There's been quite a few reports of them having burner issues since they sold out production and the quality going down hill.

[mention=76818]No3PuttLaLa[/mention] How's the Traeger working? There's been quite a few reports of them having burner issues since they sold out production and the quality going down hill.

I’ve had it for four months now and haven’t had any issues. We haven’t used our stove inside since then.

• Like 2

Movers came today.  Instead of standing around with my hands in my my pockets I put the wedge to use and practiced some bump and runs...

One of the movers asked me if I was any good, I immediately thought of...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Movers came today.  Instead of standing around with my hands in my my pockets I put the wedge to use and practiced some bump and runs...
One of the movers asked me if I was any good, I immediately thought of...
[/url]  

Great scene!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I haven’t checked my posting numbers in a long time, and only 29 more until I hit 5000. 

Edited by Kor.A.Door
  • Like 5

You have to love the Florida “Rednecks”, they grow their own BBQIMG_3500.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Mowed the lawn tonight.  Well, I mowed half of it.  Then a T-storm rolled through.  Looks like a Mohawk; I'll finish cutting in the morning.

• Like 3

Mowed the lawn tonight.  Well, I mowed half of it.  Then a T-storm rolled through.  Looks like a Mohawk; I'll finish cutting in the morning.

Need a picture of that. I try to do that on purpose but my wife yells at me... just tying to conserve fuel.
  • Haha 1