ole gray

Random Thread

That awkward parenting moment when your son says you are old and can’t strike him out. You decide to send him a message and buzz one high and tight and drill him square in the noggin. It wasn’t a wiffle ball and it wasn’t a real baseball but somewhere in between. He was rewarded with three straight curve balls that he had no chance on. I may be old but still competitive and he has seen me pitch in games before. Should have known I throw hard and lack control most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was he digging in on ya?
You have to keep him off the plate! I believe it was Early Wynn that said he’d hit his own mother, if she was digging in on him.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Swung by DSG to grab some Srixon's for my dad for Father's Day and I wandered over to the putting area to check out the TA3 putters. Two older guys were on the green and they would loudly exclaim as soon as anyone got close that they were having a putting contest and everyone had to get off the green. 

Um, what?

I didn't even bother, the place was mobbed so I just grabbed the balls and walked away. Seriously though? A "putting contest" in the middle of a busy store and yelling at people who were attempting to try out putters? 

Ummm, try doing that to this Aussie...it would have made me practice putting for an hour.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, MattF said:

Ummm, try doing that to this Aussie...it would have made me practice putting for an hour.

I thought about it but I was like "ya know what? don't have time for this nonsense".

• Like 2

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and stepdads roaming around MGS!!! 😀

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

A few pictures from Mackinac yesterday. If I ever go again I’ll spend 4 days and hit up all 3 golf courses, and that sweet little grass putt putt course.

IMG_5788.JPGIMG_5790.JPGIMG_5792.JPGIMG_5799.JPGIMG_5796.JPG

That is a magical place!  I love the horse crap all over the roads....I believe you can see it clearly in your one picture!

• Like 2

That is a magical place!  I love the horse crap all over the roads....I believe you can see it clearly in your one picture!

Yes sir. My youngest was slaloming around it. A few too many people for my liking, but as soon as you get out of town a bit it’s pretty nice.

For anyone that doesn’t know much about Mackinac, there aren’t any cars. It’s horse or human powered transportation. Probably dog sleds in winter.
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, russtopherb said:

My 13yo has been sitting at the piano for an hour just alternating between the intro to "Don't Stop Believing" and "Never Gonna Give You Up". For an hour. Nonstop. Also, he's a drummer, not a piano player.

Send help.

And earplugs. 

That's quite a talent! 

I put an offer in on a house, first time ever doing anything like this. I'm kinda nervous, I never get nervous, and kinda excited but there are a lot of offers being placed today on the same house per my realtor. 

• Like 7

I put an offer in on a house, first time ever doing anything like this. I'm kinda nervous, I never get nervous, and kinda excited but there are a lot of offers being placed today on the same house per my realtor. 

Good for you Buddy, the pups will love their new home.
Hope you get it!

• Like 1

May the force be with you! Congrats!! And good luck!
  • Like 1

@Shankster

Weather looks better up there than down here. Great photos. Someday I'll get back to the island. Haven't been since I was very young.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That's quite a talent! 

Talent on drums... yes.

Talent on piano... NO. 

• Like 3

Best of luck to you! It's a horribly nerve wracking experience, but it'll be worth it in the end. I'm rooting for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]
Weather looks better up there than down here. Great photos. Someday I'll get back to the island. Haven't been since I was very young.

Was a beautiful day. That was my first visit to the island. Lived 2 hours away for the majority of my life. Never cared to go. Glad we went, but I don’t know if I’d go again. I like Copper Harbor better.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

May the force be with you! Congrats!! And good luck!

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good for you Buddy, the pups will love their new home.
Hope you get it!

Didn't get it I offered what they asked and someone went way above that. Time to keep looking but that 10 minute ride to work would have been nice to look forward to. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Didn't get it I offered what they asked and someone went way above that. Time to keep looking but that 10 minute ride to work would have been nice to look forward to. 

That's a bummer. Hopefully something even better comes your way soon! 

• Like 1