ole gray

Random Thread

Our Sponsors

My lost clubs showed up on the front porch a little while ago - all accounted for. I’m sooo relieved.

Yea
Don’t you just love a Happy Ending

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yeaemoji106.png
Don’t you just love a Happy Ending emoji16.png

My mind went right to the gutter lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My lost clubs showed up on the front porch a little while ago - all accounted for. I’m sooo relieved.

Great news, thought I was going to have to send you a couple of old Nickents

• Haha 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Went to my 10 year olds baseball game yesterday and was really shocked. Never saw so many rift raft parents in my life. So many  foul mouth, trashy looking  people congregated in one area was a little much for me. I’m fortunate that my grandson is also taking soccer and golf this summer thru is local school system. Really hoped many of these young kids don’t turn out like their parents. Yelling at the refs , coaches and booing the other team was just inappropriate for an 10 year old enduring.This should be a time for them enjoying and learning the sport. I sat with his parents and we started chatting about their sons progress in golf this summer. One of the families next to us over heard the conversation and gave us this look like we were snooty. So glad sports like soccer and golf tend too bring in a higher standard of parents. Really eliminates the obnoxious rift raft crowds. Especially when the kids are in late elementary years 

Keep it in the short stuff

13 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Great news, thought I was going to have to send you a couple of old Nickents emoji6.png

Thanks @Peaksy68 - it’s nice to know you have my back! But thanks to my affliction, I actually have an identical backup Nickent hybrid.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

38 minutes ago, Twofer said:

Went to my 10 year olds baseball game yesterday and was really shocked. Never saw so many rift raft parents in my life. So many  foul mouth, trashy looking  people congregated in one area was a little much for me. I’m fortunate that my grandson is also taking soccer and golf this summer thru is local school system. Really hoped many of these young kids don’t turn out like their parents. Yelling at the refs , coaches and booing the other team was just inappropriate for an 10 year old enduring.This should be a time for them enjoying and learning the sport. I sat with his parents and we started chatting about their sons progress in golf this summer. One of the families next to us over heard the conversation and gave us this look like we were snooty. So glad sports like soccer and golf tend too bring in a higher standard of parents. Really eliminates the obnoxious rift raft crowds. Especially when the kids are in late elementary years 

I was almost with you here but I think you're missing the point, if only by a little bit. Poor sportsmanship appears at all levels of the economic scale regardless of sport. Yes, that behavior is bad but I don't think it's fair to assign it to "rift raft" of lower classes. Might I suggest looking inwards at how you can set a positive example for others to follow rather than outward at other's deficiencies?

• Like 8

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Just talked to the pro after picking my son up from PGA Jr practice and sure enough - he’s already outgrown the Cobras I bought for him last summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I was almost with you here but I think you're missing the point, if only by a little bit. Poor sportsmanship appears at all levels of the economic scale regardless of sport. Yes, that behavior is bad but I don't think it's fair to assign it to "rift raft" of lower classes. Might I suggest looking inwards at how you can set a positive example for others to follow rather than outward at other's deficiencies?

Agree.Sadly these youth are in an endless cycle that will keep repeating.They will be the ones yelling in the stands when they are adults.Their families are breeding them into this toxic lifestyles.

My club opened the door up to them many a time.We had an excellent summer youth golf program that was basically free and included the clubs.We reached out to these areas in the communities offering them a chance to learn a game that teaches so many great life morals.Year after year the attendance was nil - none.So we decided ending it with the lack of participation.

Agree.Sadly these youth are in an endless cycle that will keep repeating.They will be the ones yelling in the stands when they are adults.Their families are breeding them into this toxic lifestyles.
My club opened the door up to them many a time.We had an excellent summer youth golf program that was basically free and included the clubs.We reached out to these areas in the communities offering them a chance to learn a game that teaches so many great life morals.Year after year the attendance was nil - none.So we decided ending it with the lack of participation.

I’m gonna say my peace on this then let it die.
If I have taken your replies out of context I apologize but until I read otherwise this is how I read them.

I do not know you personally nor was I at the ball game of which you spoke of but this reply coupled with the first one scream “elitist” to me.

Just as the people or “Rift Raft” as you call them are leading their children down the same path, you may also lead your grandson down ur path. Saying that your club opened up the doors to them and offered to teach them this game isn’t the greatest choice of words. Kinda sounds like “Hey come to my club and we will class you up a bit.” Makes you come off as a snotty to use your word.

Again if I misinterpreted what you meant I apologize and await clarification. Otherwise I will bow out now.

• Like 7

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Does anyone know anything about cellos?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Twofer said:

When I was growing up it was a great honor being on the baseball field. My folks were very animate on the sidelines. And put tons of effort into my game and seeing this as a chance leading into a possible scholarship one day. For many, baseball is a way out of a ‘ rift raft ‘ life as you call it. So as you see as being loud and obnoxious. I see it as parents pushing their sons or daughters into being successful. You also learn team work , honesty and pride in what your doing as a player. Valuable qualities needed leading into adulthood 

I also took advantage of the golf clinic at the local country club for kids who live on the other side of the tracks. Being in early high school, I observed what a country club atmosphere really is . Don’t get me wrong, I learned a new sport and it’s rules. But behind the smoke and mirrors I saw the members living it up. And saw the average joes doing the greenskeeping or waiting tables or washing clubs. It just didn’t seem right with me that a select few could live that life style while the others were slaving it at the club. I’m sure we were just a tax right off for the club. And a token showing that they are trying too care about the other kids who never could experience golf. Remember telling my father one night what I experienced at the club. And he told me “ son , this is how the world is unfortunately” . A world of haves vs have nots. 

No....
Is it a vegetable

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Trying to enjoy a few beers on my deck and enjoy the fire pit I built today. Unfortunately my smart @ss son wants to grill me on Presidential history. He tells me I have a degree in history and I should know this sh!t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

What happened to my swing speed???  

As a quick update - been sick for two weeks. I could some kind of summer crud that resembled a head cold - got better but then my wife got sick (her's turned into brochitis)  and then mine just lingered on. So long story short I'm finally feeling good enough to go to the range but then also play 18 after. Using my Sc200, it was pretty evident how much this crud affected me. My SS was off by about 8 mph. Not sure if that's because I'm still a bit weak or I lost some muscle tone. Either way it'll be back to working out tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’m buying a cello.

I don't think it'll fit in your golf bag 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I don't think it'll fit in your golf bag 

I figure I could find the middle of that thing. It had to be around 460,000cc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yep.... it is a big violin that is hard to hold under you chin, so it sits on the floor.😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

What happened to my swing speed???  
As a quick update - been sick for two weeks. I could some kind of summer crud that resembled a head cold - got better but then my wife got sick (her's turned into brochitis)  and then mine just lingered on. So long story short I'm finally feeling good enough to go to the range but then also play 18 after. Using my Sc200, it was pretty evident how much this crud affected me. My SS was off by about 8 mph. Not sure if that's because I'm still a bit weak or I lost some muscle tone. Either way it'll be back to working out tomorrow. 

When you find it let me know, I thinks it’s hiding in the same place as mine.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead