ole gray

Random Thread

I quit my second job at Lowe's last night. With the changes that are happening, the truck unloading will be moving to overnights (although we were told, because they don't want to lose anyone before they've hired replacements, that they have the date but not the details...BS.), after 4.5 years I hurt, a lot. So when we were having the meeting with the store manager, I tendered my resignation effective immediately. (My guys were aware of what I was doing beforehand because I didn't want to surprise them)

I've already got another part time job lined up working for an attorney that is a friend of my wife Chanin. He just bought a bar with an attached drive thru, so I'll start in the drive thru at the beginning of next month (no weekends, unlike Lowe's) and when the bar opens in December, I'll transition over to there, being the only male behind the bar. 

I'm excited about the change and I'm sure my back and hips are going to love me.
Congrats on the change. I worked in Sears hardware before they started closing them a few years back. Home improvement isn't very nice to the body.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

I love my job.....

That is all.

emoji52.png

That always makes life easier!

BTW I noticed that you're over 11,000 posts  but your tag only shows 10,000. Come on Mod's you've got to keep up with this guy! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That always makes life easier!
BTW I noticed that you're over 11,000 posts  but your tag only shows 10,000. Come on Mod's you've got to keep up with this guy! 

Just needs to say....

“...........”
  • Haha 2

If you're ever in or around Yorktown VA....stop in and check out the awesome facility.

• Like 8

If you're ever in or around Yorktown VA....stop in and check out the awesome facility.

A bunch of great guys to chat with about golf and testing. Happened to be there last night
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

A bunch of great guys to chat with about golf and testing. Happened to be there last night

good dancers too!

View this post on Instagram

What do you call this dance?!?! @oldenglish_gspy

A post shared by MyGolfSpy (@mygolfspy) on

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today's rant... confusing grocery store rebates.  So today I dropped by Safeway after a round of golf to pick up a few things - including beer.  My wife had given me my shopping list and the stores weekly ad.  I grab the case of beer and notice small print saying "via PayPal".... WHAAAT?  At checkout I tell the clerk I have my Safeway card but have no idea how this rebate works - she responds "neither do I".  Great 🙄.  We went on to discuss just how nutty all these various rebates have become.  She said she really feels sorry for the older customers who don't even know what a smartphone is let alone an app.  Am I the only one who finds all this "data gathering/mining" (that's what it is) a RPITA? 🤬  The upside is that I am not completely out of beer... and I shot a 44/38 👍.

Rant over, thanks for reading!

• Like 8

Not sure when we’ll be playing in this part Central Florida. We’ve gotten rain every day, yesterday 2.2”. Out of 12 golf courses 6 are flooded and unplayable, the remainder are sloppy and standing water everywhere. Rain expected next 3 days. If we get a Tropical Storm we are in deep trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Sometimes it's a legit PITA to sell golf stuff. Always funny when you post stuff like 'I'm not willing to break up the shafts' (three wedge shafts in this case) and then you receive multiple PMs asking 'will you sell 2 of them?' Reading comprehension y'all!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The GM at my home club coaches the high school and middle school golf teams.  My daughter decided to skip the middle school golf team for a spot in an after-school theater production.  I was sad she decided not to play golf but it's her choice and she loves theater.  I decided to go to the high school/middle school tournament last Thursday anyway.  I know an awful lot of those kids and am good friends with the coach.

This was the top 7..........

Channing Blevins - 61
Garnet Manley III - 63
Jack Tickle - 65
Grace Addison - 68
Payton Coe - 69
Daniel Goode - 70
Will Watson - 70

I assure you, those are 18-hole scores!  Three of those players are on the same high school team.  Their team score was a ridiculous 2-under par 278.  High school golf sure has changed since I was in high school!

• Like 8

Candy Bars

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Candy Bars

Dark Chocolate 

• Like 2

I’ve thought about not posting this, but I’m pretty proud of it, so here we go.
Several years ago my home course was county ran, it was in bad financial shape, and getting ready to close for good. Several members, businessmen, and investors bought it. They divided out 100 shares for people to buy. At the time I wasn’t interested in buying one, wasn’t that interested in golf in general. They have 7 board of directors and 5 on the oversight committee. Recently I was asked if I would be interested in buying a share, I was, so I did. The next month one of the board members resigned, guess who was asked to join the board! So now not only do I own 1/100 of my course, I get to vote on everything. My actual title is “Clubhouse Director” so anything that needs to be done, or happens at the clubhouse, goes through me. Sorry if it sounds like I’m bragging, I kinda am, I’m just so excited.

That’s awesome.

First order of business...(if I were on the board)

Let’s get the Carl Spackler framed art going.

Second.

Rename it Bushwood CC.

Very cool. Keep us posted on how things are going.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Several years ago my home course was county ran, it was in bad financial shape, and getting ready to close for good. Several members, businessmen, and investors bought it. They divided out 100 shares for people to buy. At the time I wasn’t interested in buying one, wasn’t that interested in golf in general. They have 7 board of directors and 5 on the oversight committee. Recently I was asked if I would be interested in buying a share, I was, so I did. The next month one of the board members resigned, guess who was asked to join the board! So now not only do I own 1/100 of my course, I get to vote on everything. My actual title is “Clubhouse Director” so anything that needs to be done, or happens at the clubhouse, goes through me. Sorry if it sounds like I’m bragging, I kinda am, I’m just so excited.

Thanks for putting it out there. Good luck and have fun with it. Please keep us in the loop.
I kinda like Shankster ideas

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Awesome! Congrats!  
Shankster’s ideas are good but I would hire club pro guy’s Marshall away from him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Congratulations!

As for my random thing, with the handicap revision out yesterday, mine dropped from 16.2 to 15.7.

• Like 3