ole gray

Random Thread

On 8/2/2019 at 8:09 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Today's rant... confusing grocery store rebates.  So today I dropped by Safeway after a round of golf to pick up a few things - including beer.  My wife had given me my shopping list and the stores weekly ad.  I grab the case of beer and notice small print saying "via PayPal".... WHAAAT?  At checkout I tell the clerk I have my Safeway card but have no idea how this rebate works - she responds "neither do I".  Great 🙄.  We went on to discuss just how nutty all these various rebates have become.  She said she really feels sorry for the older customers who don't even know what a smartphone is let alone an app.  Am I the only one who finds all this "data gathering/mining" (that's what it is) a RPITA? 🤬  The upside is that I am not completely out of beer... and I shot a 44/38 👍.

Rant over, thanks for reading!

And for those of us (many decades ago) who had to read George Orwell's book 1984 .....we thought the things in the book were outrageous.  They're pretty sublime compared to what goes on today. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, tommc23 said:

Made food for half my platoon tonight. One eggplant parm and one lasagna. Made the noodles and sauce from scratch and some eggplant was from my garden.

20190814_162317.jpg

We humbly request free samples 😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

We humbly request free samples 😁

It was demolished by 14 firefighters good luck with left overs

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It was demolished by 14 firefighters good luck with left overs

I love it when we bring the “left over” pizzas, buffet stuff etc from the parties, Rec Centers to the Firehouse, those kids tear right thru it. They sure love us Seniors

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love it when we bring the “left over” pizzas, buffet stuff etc from the parties, Rec Centers to the Firehouse, those kids tear right thru it. They sure love us Seniors

Oh, forgot about left over Jersey Mike’s and Subways Firehouse Favs!

• Like 1

A shot looking from the clubhouse to 9 green. It’s a 190-200 yard par 3. OB right, OB left, and OB long. Most people hit short and try to get up and down. IMG_0719.JPG

• Like 4

I recently bought some protein from Tiger Fitness, and didn't care for one of the flavors so thanks to their easy return policy I got a return authorization and got the jug ready to ship. The only problem? It's a 5 lb jug, which means USPS is going to try and gouge me. Sure enough, it cost me $31 to return and my store credit will be around $50ish. 6 years total in Hawaii out of a 19 years and counting career has been nice, but I'm ready to be back on the mainland!

Today has been a trying day.

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car...

Then 5 seconds after I asked my boys to stop rough housing they shattered a big slider window, and one of my sons is in the ER right now getting stitches on his hip/butt... thankfully it wasn’t his face or a major artery/vein.

Definitely will be going inside at any signs of a thunderstorm from now on.

Tell your kids you love them people! A reminder today for me that although his pain caused me pain, it could have been extremely worse.

Wow! Definitely a challenging day. Happy to hear your boy is OK.

• Like 1

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car...

Then 5 seconds after I asked my boys to stop rough housing they shattered a big slider window, and one of my sons is in the ER right now getting stitches on his hip/butt... thankfully it wasn’t his face or a major artery/vein.

Tell your kids you love them people! A reminder today for me that although his pain caused me pain, it could have been extremely worse.
I'm glad to hear your boy is ok. That's a scary situation and I'm glad it's not any worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Ouch that's a tough day. Glad your son is ok.
Looks like a new slider in your future?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

I'm glad to hear your boy is ok. That's a scary situation and I'm glad it's not any worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks!

Yeah could have been really really bad.
  • Like 1

Ouch that's a tough day. Glad your son is ok.
Looks like a new slider in your future?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Heck no. It’s an interior one that goes from our dining room to the living room/sunroom.

I was going to take it out eventually, and put a set of French doors in...

Think I like the “flowing” look better.
  • Like 3

Wow! Definitely a challenging day. Happy to hear your boy is OK.

Thanks Rick. All of my kids were shocked. They didn’t realize how badly they could get hurt from a window.

They know now.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car... emoji15.png

Sorry to hear about your accident.  _hit happens.  It seems that those accidents happen when you lose focus.

Your boys were really lucky.  Glad they were OK... well except for the stitches.

My wife told me about her brother back in the early 1960's.  His vision was not that great and had to wear glasses, but didn't have them on.  They had a pool in the back yard, and one of his brothers yelled "last one in is a rotten egg!"  He ran right through a sliding glass door.  She thinks he still holds the record at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane at 3800 stitches.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear about your accident.  _hit happens.  It seems that those accidents happen when you lose focus.
Your boys were really lucky.  Glad they were OK... well except for the stitches.
My wife told me about her brother back in the early 1960's.  His vision was not that great and had to wear glasses, but didn't have them on.  They had a pool in the back yard, and one of his brothers yelled "last one in is a rotten egg!"  He ran right through a sliding glass door.  She thinks he still holds the record at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane at 3800 stitches.

Whoa. That must have been excruciating.

You’re right. I left or tried to leave a few minutes early to get home to take the kids to their open house. My car has backup sensors, camera and all. The sensors didn’t go off, and I relied on my old ways and used the mirror. The car was hidden by the DVD player screen and a head rest....
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car... emoji15.png

Wowser what a day!  Like you said it's a blessing that your son did not get hurt worse.  Prayers with him for a quick recovery. 

• Like 4

One of my daughters went through a sliding glass door from our kitchen to the deck (when I was married). She only suffered a "scratch" from it, thankfully. Things can always be worse. This too,  will pass, Shankster.

• Like 4

Thanks Rick. All of my kids were shocked. They didn’t realize how badly they could get hurt from a window.

They know now.

That will settle the boys down for a day or 2 and then it’ll be back to normal. Kids are a blast, been thru my 2 now 4 teenage Gkids in the mix. They are a blast, enjoy them! The stitches will be a story for him to tell for at least 2 months.

• Like 3

That's definitely a trying day. I'm sorry Shankster and I'm glad your little man is going to be ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1