ole gray

Random Thread

Our Sponsors

The Country Club was nice however this country boy is flying the coop.  I injured my knee a week ago while walking a round of golf.   Sprained my MCL with tear and that ended my golfing with the high rollers escapade.  I was the only senior walker during the week and while trying to hustle to keep pace with the cart riders,  my left knee paid the price.   If my wheels are going to start breaking down while walking this particular course (which is a tough track to walk) then I'm back to my old stomping grounds. I play three times per week so if I chose to ride at $20 per pop, it would be an extra $60 per week  x 4 or  $240.00  more per month which is not in my budget. 

Be careful OG, I was fine until 68-69 years old and everything went downhill starting with the knee.
Just do what you can do, don’t push it youngster

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Be careful OG, I was fine until 68-69 years old and everything went downhill starting with the knee.
Just do what you can do, don’t push it youngster

I’ll be 69 in November and every year henceforth makes me aware I’m no spring chicken. I did do 110 pushups yesterday to bump my gym workout record by 10. I’m holding up better from the waist up as the hips and knees are showing more wear.

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

I’ll be 69 in November and every year henceforth makes me aware I’m no spring chicken. I did do 110 pushups yesterday to bump my gym workout record by 10. I’m holding up better from the waist up as the hips and knees are showing more wear.

At 69 you're a spring chicken to those of us that have turned the odometer past 70

Congrats on the push up count. As our season winds down my exercise routine ramps up. So I hope I can match your 110 count pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

At 69 you're a spring chicken to those of us that have turned the odometer past 70

Congrats on the push up count. As our season winds down my exercise routine ramps up. So I hope I can match your 110 count pretty quickly.

You can do it! 🏋️♂️

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  

The Country Club was nice however this country boy is flying the coop.  I injured my knee a week ago while walking a round of golf.   Sprained my MCL with tear and that ended my golfing with the high rollers escapade.  I was the only senior walker during the week and while trying to hustle to keep pace with the cart riders,  my left knee paid the price.   If my wheels are going to start breaking down while walking this particular course (which is a tough track to walk) then I'm back to my old stomping grounds. I play three times per week so if I chose to ride at $20 per pop, it would be an extra $60 per week  x 4 or  $240.00  more per month which is not in my budget. 
Hope the knee gets to feeling better OG. On another note, I'm impressed with the 110 pushups. I'm 44 and don't think I could do that many in a month.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought my house from my neighbor when my wife and I got married.  It's small, but suits us just fine.  Now with my wife retiring and bringing a lot of "stuff" home, we really could use a bigger place... so we started looking.  Then my neighbor said he wants to buy our house back.  Now we are looking in a little more earnest.  No timetable yet.

A house came on the market a couple of weeks ago that is really out of my price range, but it looked great so we asked our agent if we could look at it.  Bad move.  Dang!!!  Lovely house sitting behind the 12th green of our only private country club in town.  I don't think I could live there looking at a beautiful golf course knowing I can't play it;  I know I can't afford the membership.  Oh well, someone probably blades a wedge over the green every day... maybe that's why the house is on the market.

Still looking!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hope the knee gets to feeling better OG. On another note, I'm impressed with the 110 pushups. I'm 44 and don't think I could do that many in a month.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks buddy!    I've been working hard on my pushups the last two months along with all the other exercises I have been doing at my gym for years.   I'm in pretty good shape for an ole coot 💪

• Like 4

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  

I bought my house from my neighbor when my wife and I got married.  It's small, but suits us just fine.  Now with my wife retiring and bringing a lot of "stuff" home, we really could use a bigger place... so we started looking.  Then my neighbor said he wants to buy our house back.  Now we are looking in a little more earnest.  No timetable yet.
A house came on the market a couple of weeks ago that is really out of my price range, but it looked great so we asked our agent if we could look at it.  Bad move.  Dang!!!  Lovely house sitting behind the 12th green of our only private country club in town.  I don't think I could live there looking at a beautiful golf course knowing I can't play it;  I know I can't afford the membership.  Oh well, someone probably blades a wedge over the green every day... maybe that's why the house is on the market.
Still looking!

Living next to a GC is overrated. We do and hardly care after 6 months. It’s like always wanting a pool then after installing one hardly gets used.
BTW, golf course maintenance starts at 5:00 ish.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Living next to a GC is overrated. We do and hardly care after 6 months. It’s like always wanting a pool then after installing one hardly gets used.

We almost ended up living on a course but thankfully didn’t. Turns out 6 months after we would have moved there they shut the course down. Not sure they are maintaining it at all. On the flip side since it was closed and would have been tight be hind the house maybe that would have meant free golf, not good but free. 🤔

• Like 2

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

3 minutes ago, the_hammer said:

We almost ended up living on a course but thankfully didn’t. Turns out 6 months after we would have moved there they shut the course down. Not sure they are maintaining it at all. On the flip side since it was closed and would have been tight be hind the house maybe that would have meant free golf, not good but free. 🤔

Could have cut your own hole layout lol

• Like 3

Got my Grint handicap revision the other day and it had me at 9.4, I was like WAIT... WHAT?? I had posted 2 100+ scores in a row. Not possible.

Turns out I had ALSO posted a 9 hole score of 38 in the 18 hole section by mistake... whoops!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Beautiful view.  No neighbors behind, and perfect... I wake up at 5am every day anyway!  But somehow it doesn't feel right living on a private GC, then getting in the car and driving 5 miles to play at a muni.  🙄

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Could have cut your own hole layout lol

My thinking exactly. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

Beautiful view.  No neighbors behind, and perfect... I wake up at 5am every day anyway!  But somehow it doesn't feel right living on a private GC, then getting in the car and driving 5 miles to play at a muni.  

We have had neighbors move due to cart traffic, swearing/cursing and maintenance issues. I’m not right on it just a little off ($150K difference) and works out good for us.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

We have had neighbors move due to cart traffic, swearing/cursing and maintenance issues. I’m not right on it just a little off ($150K difference) and works out good for us.

We lived on a private course years ago. My wife's 2 complaints: grounds crews running mowers at 6:00 am and guys driving their carts into our backyard looking for their golf balls.

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

We lived on a private course years ago. My wife's 2 complaints: grounds crews running mowers at 6:00 am and guys driving their carts into our backyard looking for their golf balls.

Forgot about the “errant” shot hitting the houses. I’m far enough off 8th fareway that I’m out of range, but my neighbor isn’t

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I checked the covenants of the neighborhood.  Golfer have a right to come on the property to retrieve balls.  I'm looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

I live on the corner of a busy state road that cuts through my suburban town. Recently, politicians have approached us asking if they can use our lawn to take advantage of our geography for a political lawn sign...sure, why not.

Well, long story short...one sign soon became 5. Someone ambitiously asked if they could put one out for the town election. They interpreted one as one for each candidate for each seat and judgeship.

Yesterday, my yard looked like the darn center field of Yankee Stadium and I decided enough was enough...down they went...

Today while at the firehouse, my camera is tripped and I see the lady who first asked permission, parked in my driveway and taking a sign from her car and putting it back out on the street.

I laughed and said the nerve of her, she is really a piece of work.

We’ve known her a while and while harmless, she is the nosy know-it-all neighbor who remembers every kids dogs best friends name.

So it gets better...tonight she goes online to the neighborhood app we use locally and posts a diatribe about people stealing, legally placed political signs.

It bums me out that she’s probably a wreck over this but I’m over the over-seeding of my yard with these signs. She’ll never relent so well have to see where it goes...

• Like 4

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

I live on the corner of a busy state road that cuts through my suburban town. Recently, politicians have approached us asking if they can use our lawn to take advantage of our geography for a political lawn sign...sure, why not.

Well, long story short...one sign soon became 5. Someone ambitiously asked if they could put one out for the town election. They interpreted one as one for each candidate for each seat and judgeship.

Yesterday, my yard looked like the darn center field of Yankee Stadium and I decided enough was enough...down they went...

Today while at the firehouse, my camera is tripped and I see the lady who first asked permission, parked in my driveway and taking a sign from her car and putting it back out on the street.

I laughed and said the nerve of her, she is really a piece of work.

We’ve known her a while and while harmless, she is the nosy know-it-all neighbor who remembers every kids dogs best friends name.

So it gets better...tonight she goes online to the neighborhood app we use locally and posts a diatribe about people stealing, legally placed political signs.

It bums me out that she’s probably a wreck over this but I’m over the over-seeding of my yard with these signs. She’ll never relent so well have to see where it goes...

Lesson learned, never trust a politician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I checked the covenants of the neighborhood.  Golfer have a right to come on the property to retrieve balls.  I'm looking elsewhere.

Opposite here, if you hit a ball on someone’s property no retrieval. Most residents don’t care but a few go ballistic if anyone goes on their property.
Begs the question what did you expect living on the fareway.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead