ole gray

Random Thread

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I checked the covenants of the neighborhood.  Golfer have a right to come on the property to retrieve balls.  I'm looking elsewhere.

We lived about half way down the fairway and our house was about 100' in from the OB stake. Sometimes they would drive almost up to the house. We lived on that course when our kids were small - they use to love running out and grabbing the balls if they were close to the house before the golfers got there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lesson learned, never trust a politician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait a second...you mean they’re not honest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, bens197 said:

Wait a second...you mean they’re not honest emoji12.png

Have you heard of any politician named "Honest ____" since Honest Abe?

• Like 7

Have you heard of any politician named "Honest ____" since Honest Abe?

Honest Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I may be the only j@ckass in the world that just said no to “hey want to play Pine Valley on Sunday?” And yes I said no thanks

In fairness to me it is my 18th wedding anniversary that day and we made plans to have an early dinner after the Eagles game.

Also in fairness to my wife she would have let me go play with no issue but not even fair to ask on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

So I may be the only j@ckass in the world that just said no to “hey want to play Pine Valley on Sunday?” And yes I said no thanks

In fairness to me it is my 18th wedding anniversary that day and we made plans to have an early dinner after the Eagles game.

Also in fairness to my wife she would have let me go play with no issue but not even fair to ask on Friday night.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how a smart married man thinks.

• Like 6

Happy wife, happy life.

I turned down Winged Foot and Bethpage last summer on a summer weekend...kicked myself but it was the right thing to do. Life goes on.
  • Like 2

I’ve been married 52 years next month and yes you made the right on many levels and have kept peace in the kingdom

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how a smart married man thinks.

And also the reason she doesn’t bat an eye when I buy golf gear.

• Like 4

And also the reason she doesn’t bat an eye when I buy golf gear.

Exactly

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 11:30 PM, bens197 said:

I live on the corner of a busy state road that cuts through my suburban town. Recently, politicians have approached us asking if they can use our lawn to take advantage of our geography for a political lawn sign...sure, why not.

Well, long story short...one sign soon became 5. Someone ambitiously asked if they could put one out for the town election. They interpreted one as one for each candidate for each seat and judgeship.

Yesterday, my yard looked like the darn center field of Yankee Stadium and I decided enough was enough...down they went...

Today while at the firehouse, my camera is tripped and I see the lady who first asked permission, parked in my driveway and taking a sign from her car and putting it back out on the street.

I laughed and said the nerve of her, she is really a piece of work.

We’ve known her a while and while harmless, she is the nosy know-it-all neighbor who remembers every kids dogs best friends name.

So it gets better...tonight she goes online to the neighborhood app we use locally and posts a diatribe about people stealing, legally placed political signs.

It bums me out that she’s probably a wreck over this but I’m over the over-seeding of my yard with these signs. She’ll never relent so well have to see where it goes...

You sir should keep taking them down just to mess with her at this point 

• Like 5

Did some work at my house to relocate the washer and dryer to a better place in my basement. Use an older shut off to shut things down to do the plumbing and low and behold it doesn't work very well, let water through not shutting the supply off completely and when it was opened back up it dripped and had a bunch of water coming out of it. Go to shut the water off at the furnace so I can replace the busted shut off only to discover that this shut off wasn't working at all. The local hardware store made some money off of me today and saw me three or four times trying to get what I needed to have my plumbing done. A simple job turned into a big pain in the a$$ and went from a quick $75 to 125 job.

• Like 4

She’s one of those odd ducks that is really more trouble than help. I’m afraid of what she’s capable of.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, I wasn't going to replace the bathroom floors in the bar, but the boss called and said that the tank in the women's let loose and screwed up the existing floor. So, I'll be doing that one and even though I don't want to, I'll try and talk him into doing the men's so it all looks the same.

The bugger rang right in the middle of my back swing too!

• Like 3

Did some work at my house to relocate the washer and dryer to a better place in my basement. Use an older shut off to shut things down to do the plumbing and low and behold it doesn't work very well, let water through not shutting the supply off completely and when it was opened back up it dripped and had a bunch of water coming out of it. Go to shut the water off at the furnace so I can replace the busted shut off only to discover that this shut off wasn't working at all. The local hardware store made some money off of me today and saw me three or four times trying to get what I needed to have my plumbing done. A simple job turned into a big pain in the a$$ and went from a quick $75 to 125 job.

Welcome to home ownership. Everything seems to take twice as long and 2X more $.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Oh ya, can have some fun with this.

Older house can do that to you.
We bought our 1st house in 1974 and it was built right after WWII. Lots of work went into that house.

• Like 1

Older house can do that to you.
We bought our 1st house in 1974 and it was built right after WWII. Lots of work went into that house.

Oops, bought that house 1968, kids born there 1974.

Sitting in the motorhome just south of Moab UT.  Doing Arches National Park tomorrow and the other ones to follow.  No golf, but life is still good!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Sitting in the motorhome just south of Moab UT.  Doing Arches National Park tomorrow and the other ones to follow.  No golf, but life is still good!

Bryce Canyon is may fav!!

• Like 2