Jump to content
ole gray

Random Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm blowing out 10 sprinkler stations tonight on a .33 acre lot with a 3gal harbor freight pancake compressor rigged up to a 7gal auxiliary tank. 

Or as many of you would figure, working on an emergency air compressor upgrade!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I only buy used clubs that are GUARANTEED to hit long and straight.

IMG_5536.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the chances of possibly, I'd say pass on these.

Sorry, but I only buy used clubs that are GUARANTEED to hit long and straight.

IMG_5536.JPG.f21d6ca4e0567d7a30b865d62338ddc7.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry, but I only buy used clubs that are GUARANTEED to hit long and straight.

IMG_5536.JPG.f21d6ca4e0567d7a30b865d62338ddc7.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone is going to snap these up quick along with a doz 'straight and long' slazenger golf balls. Probably an aspiring tour player??


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rolled over 18000 likes. Thanks everyone. Not a “like” chaser... just glad you guys keep putting up with me and enjoying my content.

Carry on.




Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just rolled over 18000 likes. Thanks everyone. Not a “like” chaser... just glad you guys keep putting up with me and enjoying my content.

Carry on.




Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I guess I just added 18,001


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Older house can do that to you.
We bought our 1st house in 1974 and it was built right after WWII. Lots of work went into that house.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy



Purchased our first house in 1975, an old Cornish cottage. It was a rubbish tip and required extensive work. We stripped it out to bare walls all through, took us 5 year to complete all the work with us both having full time jobs, but we sold it to move to Australia and it went for 4 times our purchase price, it was our stake for a new life.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just rolled over 18000 likes. Thanks everyone. Not a “like” chaser... just glad you guys keep putting up with me and enjoying my content.

Carry on.




Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I can't like this post to give you another one...🙃

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tolmij said:

 

 


Purchased our first house in 1975, an old Cornish cottage. It was a rubbish tip and required extensive work. We stripped it out to bare walls all through, took us 5 year to complete all the work with us both having full time jobs, but we sold it to move to Australia and it went for 4 times our purchase price, it was our stake for a new, better life.

 

 

FIFY

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had great success on eBay. Over 400 transactions, a majority of those transactions being sales with zero issues. Late last night I get an email saying the buyer has requested a refund. This is a first for me. 
 

No refunds is a policy I select for each sale as I encourage questions and clearly photograph and document all clubs that I sell. 
 

His reason for requesting the return was that it wasn’t face balanced and he doesn’t want it anymore.  Is it asking too much for people to just do the bare minimum when it comes to researching products?
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’ve had great success on eBay. Over 400 transactions, a majority of those transactions being sales with zero issues. Late last night I get an email saying the buyer has requested a refund. This is a first for me. 
 

No refunds is a policy I select for each sale as I encourage questions and clearly photograph and document all clubs that I sell. 
 

His reason for requesting the return was that it wasn’t face balanced and he doesn’t want it anymore.  Is it asking too much for people to just do the bare minimum when it comes to researching products?
 

 

This sounds like a his issue and not a your issue to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

This sounds like a his issue and not a your issue to me.

I agree...browsing through the eBay FAQ’s gives me assurance that buyers remorse isn’t a qualifying reason. What gives me pause is that in this world, the squeaky wheel seems to always get the grease. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rickp said:


I guess I just added 18,001emoji106.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

18,002 - BTW I liked your like!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FIFY

Thank you, definitely is a better lifestyle. Quite often reflect what we have compared to what we would have had.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sitting here on Sunday night after dinner watching the Cowboys beat up on Philly.  During the commercials and when play is especially poor, I browse through some of the recent posts to see what you guys are writing about on the dreary weekend.  My wife just yelled at me to get in the kitchen and help wash the dishes.  She said if I don't get in here right now, she's going to bang my head on the keyboard.  I think she's kidding3ytef47$j&ksutenmkdjney69#65%miduehskhnd9275478hs7^908ujdhydhkdunwko02hs64$kd8ms*nskdmhsytendhystej&83%63kms;pi0ehdujdu83h3u&974*0oldidneucbsgsvxmjlzjsgeyt25384gsijehdysksh4beyw8oiuudnkiosu73636dhje. Ow!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'm sitting here on Sunday night after dinner watching the Cowboys beat up on Philly.  During the commercials and when play is especially poor, I browse through some of the recent posts to see what you guys are writing about on the dreary weekend.  My wife just yelled at me to get in the kitchen and help wash the dishes.  She said if I don't get in here right now, she's going to bang my head on the keyboard.  I think she's kidding3ytef47$j&ksutenmkdjney69#65%miduehskhnd9275478hs7^908ujdhydhkdunwko02hs64$kd8ms*nskdmhsytendhystej&83%63kms;pi0ehdujdu83h3u&974*0oldidneucbsgsvxmjlzjsgeyt25384gsijehdysksh4beyw8oiuudnkiosu73636dhje. Ow!

We think she’s kidding too...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, bens197 said:

I’ve had great success on eBay. Over 400 transactions, a majority of those transactions being sales with zero issues. Late last night I get an email saying the buyer has requested a refund. This is a first for me. 
 

No refunds is a policy I select for each sale as I encourage questions and clearly photograph and document all clubs that I sell. 
 

His reason for requesting the return was that it wasn’t face balanced and he doesn’t want it anymore.  Is it asking too much for people to just do the bare minimum when it comes to researching products?
 

 

When we had the golf shop we ran into that sometimes. Like you we posted all the honest facts. And I can tell you people can be STUPID and do not read or digest details or do any research. Really I did not personally mess with the flea Bay stuff Big John ( RIP) my partner handled all of that.  I mostly did the club building and repairs and dealt face to face with customers. I know E-Bay ticked him off one time and he quit them for a while. We had some PRGR Hybrid heads that were legit that came out of California. We bought them heads only and reshafted them. He listed them on e- bay and some clown reported him saying we were selling PING knockoff heads. He went through a mess trying to straighten that deal out. Actually he pulled 150 items off of E-bay, A few weeks later e-bay contacted him and got the whole mess straightened out. I wanted to personally take legal action against e-bay and the idiot for lost sales. Since then I have never listed anything for sale on e -bay and have only bought one item and that was a Classic Jones bag from a seller I knew in real life 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Tolmij said:

 

 


Purchased our first house in 1975, an old Cornish cottage. It was a rubbish tip and required extensive work. We stripped it out to bare walls all through, took us 5 year to complete all the work with us both having full time jobs, but we sold it to move to Australia and it went for 4 times our purchase price, it was our stake for a new life.

 

 

HA HA did not know you were over here too!!!!!  I am a long time member was here before the other place

 

Hey Spies this is my bud from over on WRX he is good people as we say down south

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, romeopapazulu said:

I'm blowing out 10 sprinkler stations tonight on a .33 acre lot with a 3gal harbor freight pancake compressor rigged up to a 7gal auxiliary tank. 

Or as many of you would figure, working on an emergency air compressor upgrade!

I knew they had rednecks in Utah---- That is a fine example of redneck engineering at it's finest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When we had the golf shop we ran into that sometimes. Like you we posted all the honest facts. And I can tell you people can be STUPID and do not read or digest details or do any research. Really I did not personally mess with the flea Bay stuff Big John ( RIP) my partner handled all of that.  I mostly did the club building and repairs and dealt face to face with customers. I know E-Bay ticked him off one time and he quit them for a while. We had some PRGR Hybrid heads that were legit that came out of California. We bought them heads only and reshafted them. He listed them on e- bay and some clown reported him saying we were selling PING knockoff heads. He went through a mess trying to straighten that deal out. Actually he pulled 150 items off of E-bay, A few weeks later e-bay contacted him and got the whole mess straightened out. I wanted to personally take legal action against e-bay and the idiot for lost sales. Since then I have never listed anything for sale on e -bay and have only bought one item and that was a Classic Jones bag from a seller I knew in real life 


It’s nauseating...I told the guy that I’m not a golf shop, just an ordinary guy who tried a club and didn’t like it. He won’t relent and still wants me to take it back despite my policy, photos and eBay denying his return request.

I’ve sold close to 200 clubs and this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue. Like you say, one bad egg ruins it.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...