ole gray

Random Thread

I hope you negative feedback his arse @bens197.

I hope you negative feedback his arse [mention=72203]bens197[/mention].

You know what...this was the first time that I ever gave feedback prior to him. Whenever I’ve sold something I usually wait for the buyer to confirm satisfaction.

I should have known that this was too good to be true. A near perfect Spider for less than $200 and he’s still unhappy.

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, Shankster said:

Just rolled over 18000 likes. Thanks everyone. Not a “like” chaser... just glad you guys keep putting up with me and enjoying my content.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I was your #18000.  I actually thought the post was pure crap but I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to add to the legend 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I knew they had rednecks in Utah---- That is a fine example of redneck engineering at it's finest

I had the new one all picked out, and despite the stench of overheated metal and burnt rubber, this thing just won’t die!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bens197 said:

It’s nauseating...I told the guy that I’m not a golf shop, just an ordinary guy who tried a club and didn’t like it. He won’t relent and still wants me to take it back despite my policy, photos and eBay denying his return request.

I’ve sold close to 200 clubs and this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue. Like you say, one bad egg ruins it.

I will add if you can't trust a fellow firefighter who can you trust---- Never did it as a paid firefighter / first responder but was a volunteer on and off for 25 years

• Like 4

I will add if you can't trust a fellow firefighter who can you trust---- Never did it as a paid firefighter / first responder but was a volunteer on and off for 25 years

Kind of you to say...Being a volunteer isn’t easy, tip of the hat to you
  • Like 3

Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Yorktown, and Jamestown in 3.5 days is too much. I’m whipped, didn’t even have time to golf. Trying to sneak out in the morning.

• Like 4

Kind of you to say...Being a volunteer isn’t easy, tip of the hat to you

Yup, I grew up in CT in somewhat rural area. Volunteer Fire Dept were numerous. My hometown still has one VFD left. The guys/women who dedicated themselves to this way of life I can’t commend then enough, they are freakin awesome people.

• Like 2

Yup, I grew up in CT in somewhat rural area. Volunteer Fire Dept were numerous. My hometown still has one VFD left. The guys/women who dedicated themselves to this way of life I can’t commend then enough, they are freakin awesome people.

It’s becoming more and more difficult to sustain itself. People being stretched thin with life and work obligations as well as the increased minimum training requirements for Vol FF’s. It’ll be very interesting to see how it looks in 10 years.
  • Like 3

HA HA did not know you were over here too!!!!!  I am a long time member was here before the other place

Hey Spies this is my bud from over on WRX he is good people as we say down south

Hi Stu, nice to run into a friendly face, started on here a few weeks ago, nice place .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, bens197 said:

It’s becoming more and more difficult to sustain itself. People being stretched thin with life and work obligations as well as the increased minimum training requirements for Vol FF’s. It’ll be very interesting to see how it looks in 10 years.

Yep I know--- Back in the day we did in house training and Now I think in SC it is a minimum of 100 hrs to get your firefighting interior structural certificate. I know down here in Horry County SC they are screaming for volunteers. They are going as far as advertising on the local news media and on billboards. I said it 25 years ago when SC built the new fire academy and started upping the requirements that the local citizen Volunteer FF would become extinct.  

• Like 5

Yep I know--- Back in the day we did in house training and Now I think in SC it is a minimum of 100 hrs to get your firefighting interior structural certificate. I know down here in Horry County SC they are screaming for volunteers. They are going as far as advertising on the local news media and on billboards. I said it 25 years ago when SC built the new fire academy and started upping the requirements that the local citizen Volunteer FF would become extinct.  

You’re in Horry County!? Good buddy of mine is a boss on the water rescue team. He loves working there and he’s said the most difficult task they face is losing guys to City of Myrtle Beach for better pay.

I agree with you that the writing is on the wall. The stronger tax bases will survive, I’m interested in how smaller towns and rural areas will get by with their fire protection.
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, bens197 said:

You’re in Horry County!? Good buddy of mine is a boss on the water rescue team. He loves working there and he’s said the most difficult task they face is losing guys to City of Myrtle Beach for better pay.

I agree with you that the writing is on the wall. The stronger tax bases will survive, I’m interested in how smaller towns and rural areas will get by with their fire protection.

I said this 25 years ago--- Folks in rural areas will survive. Smaller areas will defy OSHA laws and everything else and will stand strong-- Also rural folks are taxpayers and vote too and when their insurance rates go up because of a bad ISO rating then a howl will be heard. Yeah I can see it now a small rural area Farmer Jones house catches fire. The small not OSHA / NFPA certified fire department of residential volunteers puts out the fire with their antique not certified pumper and tanker--- What's OSHA gonna do? Try to arrest them? HA HA would love to see them try---- Now do not get me wrong I see the need for training but not to the extent they are doing it now days.

Yep Horry County has a problem with losing Firefighters and Police officers too to the city of MB for better pay. Also from what I see in the local media the county has some internal policy problems too in the ways they treat and handle their Firefighter and Police personnel. I know in the last 5 years or so the county has went through 3 Police Chiefs and the last one we had is involved up to her neck in lawsuits.  I do not personally know any county Firefighters anymore. The ones I knew have either retired or went to the city or to Georgetown county next door

• Like 2

I said this 25 years ago--- Folks in rural areas will survive. Smaller areas will defy OSHA laws and everything else and will stand strong-- Also rural folks are taxpayers and vote too and when their insurance rates go up because of a bad ISO rating then a howl will be heard. Yeah I can see it now a small rural area Farmer Jones house catches fire. The small not OSHA / NFPA certified fire department of residential volunteers puts out the fire with their antique not certified pumper and tanker--- What's OSHA gonna do? Try to arrest them? HA HA would love to see them try---- Now do not get me wrong I see the need for training but not to the extent they are doing it now days.
Yep Horry County has a problem with losing Firefighters and Police officers too to the city of MB for better pay. Also from what I see in the local media the county has some internal policy problems too in the ways they treat and handle their Firefighter and Police personnel. I know in the last 5 years or so the county has went through 3 Police Chiefs and the last one we had is involved up to her neck in lawsuits.  I do not personally know any county Firefighters anymore. The ones I knew have either retired or went to the city or to Georgetown county next door

You make an interesting point. Time will definitely tell. As for the other stuff...I had a long day celebrating my daughters 2nd birthday. I’m just gonna say I hope you and the rest of the people reading this have an excellent night.
  • Like 4

My wife and I celebrated my daughters 2nd birthday today. I don’t feel comfortable posting photos of her on here but this one works for me. A tractor ride at the local farm market among other things. There is no greater gift than being a father to a daughter.

IMG_0814.thumb.jpeg.3a42e614dbb4b65b6544e1c88917e9e7.jpeg

Great pic, Happy Birthday and I’m sure everyone understands.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bens197 said:

My wife and I celebrated my daughters 2nd birthday today. I don’t feel comfortable posting photos of her on here but this one works for me. A tractor ride at the local farm market among other things. There is no greater gift than being a father to a daughter.

IMG_0814.jpeg

Congrats on her birthday. And I TOTALLY understand not posting her pic. Enjoy every moment and these early years with her  - they grow up quickly 

• Like 2

I agree with you about being a father to daughters.... I have two daughters.... and now, three grand daughters. Enjoy your little girl. They don't stay little long enough.

• Like 3

Taking the kids Trick or Treating today...

Here’s my costume, hopefully it is a treat and not a trick later...

Probably will post this in the CFB thread too... because why not?!

GO BLUE!

IMG_6590.JPG

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

Taking the kids Trick or Treating today...

Here’s my costume, hopefully it is a treat and not a trick later...

Probably will post this in the CFB thread too... because why not?!

GO BLUE!

IMG_6590.JPG

You are probably a better coach than Harbaugh lol

• Like 1